Its also a good moment to look into:
1. Hold the line ability
2. Recovery sappers - standarization to 5 men with other call in infantry without boolster. Also would be nice to see them hide aweeper to increase their performance.
3. Newest LandLeasse commander- its meh in late game so would be nice to change self-repairs with something else
Profile of Stark
Posts: 626 | Subs: 1
Post History of Stark
Thread: Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF27 Feb 2020, 06:43 AM
Thread: Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF22 Feb 2020, 14:32 PM
22 Feb 2020, 04:00 AMSupport Sapper
Ok, officer reinforce cost reduce is good and 30 is reasonable for that power lv. As i understand, reduce in vet 3 bonus but at the same time increase mid dps is an attempt to improve performance at vet 0 and tone down vet 3. Still, i dont know how this change will turn out but i'm starting to feel a bit like viper's concern.
Like the idea of a officer being better at mid range but then you cannot keep him so strong at closest distance. Before it was kinda okish with high reinforcing cost but not it cannot be such a wipe mashine. Need another nerf to compensate.
Glider with buidable units in tech structure without even visiual or performence change. Well, sorry but its lame. You have almost endless list of options:
1. Motar team - must add unit
2. Mobile inf AT squad
3. Better version of team weapons.
4. Add recon Infantry Section with upgradable scope rifle (copy paste Jeagers) - keeps Vangurard theme
5. Even jeep/WC
Crewed visually by commando style units.
As Viper said, it should be able to drop in base sector (after release glider was giving a resources buff so that made sense back then but not anymore.
Thread: Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF7 Feb 2020, 18:08 PM
3 Feb 2020, 11:35 AMVipper
Assault Officer (Previously Was Airlanding Officer)
I don't think you test this unit correctly
Looking at his counterparts situation looks like this:
At vet0 they looses vs sturmpio squad and pgrens, barely vs assualt grens
at vet3 depends on scenario they can win or loose vs pgrens and easily win vs sturmpio
They definitely not bulling any CQC squad from OKW or Ostheer at vet0. Plus you can have only 1 of them on the field. It has a strong vet bonuses with cool abilities.
And argument that comes earlier than pgrens maybe a fact but we talking about 1 min or so. That only inpacts ostheer but if so unit can have increase build time or could be put behind sidetech.
Plus, unit can't cammo so it cannot be compare to commando squad. Options to ambush axis infantry then depends more on a skill of a player.
Thread: COH2 winter balance mod - discussion5 Feb 2020, 21:25 PM
I see 3 options here:
Merge both abilities and Remove it from Vanguard would be 1 solution. In free slot put new content.
Second is keep Glider but without commando squad inside and only as HQ. Gives healing, reinfocing power and retreat position.
Third is to focus more on a possibility to produce stuff. Aside of point nr 2 it could also allow brits to build mortars and mgs (buffed vickers or 0,50 cal) with commando crew. We gain option for better, more durable weaponteam. More options to give UKF access to call mobile indirect fire or any other stuff that faction lacks.
As many other said before, free commando squad in Glider HQ cannot stay in already powerfull Vanguard commander - especially not for 390 MP.
PS: can we consider a new vet 1 ability for Tank Hunter Section? And why an extra weapon upgrade in form of a stronger PIAT is a bad idea? Unit really looses it point later game. It's a good moment to touch this problem.
PS: For QoL i would make vet1 Tommy sight bonus make a passive ability visible in a unit menu bar. Pyrotechnic sight should be removed or make it temporary, stationary bonus which at least require more micro to activate.
Thread: COH2 winter balance mod - discussion5 Feb 2020, 12:16 PM
5 Feb 2020, 01:14 AMJibberJabberJobber
I just wanna point out that last Heavy tank buff was becouse no1 ever used them. Therefore BalanceTeam increase it AoE and reduce timing. If we now nerf both timing and AoE we will end up with scenario from 6 months ago.
Thread: COH2 winter balance mod - discussion4 Feb 2020, 20:08 PM
4 Feb 2020, 19:56 PMSander93
Yeah, i figured that you are thinking about it. And ok, if we compare only those two abilities i would be all for it but sadly we cannot compare only those two abilities but commanders that they bring with it.
And honestly i don't like the idea of vanguard commander having soo much stuff inside that easily overshadow any other commander - especially commando regiment. You put a lot of efort to revamp it and you gonna ruin it by making another commander better version of it.
Don't take me wrong - Glider HQ should stay but it shouldn't bring a free commando squad with it. As i wrote before: add a diffrent unit or allow glider to call-in a diffrent units. Tank hunter squad, recon section, mortar, mg etc.
Let's just think what can happen if we leave it in current form.
Thread: COH2 winter balance mod - discussion4 Feb 2020, 19:38 PM
I really like the idea of making a airlanding officer a basic infantry unit, it fills the necessary gap in UKF tech tree and therefore i understand why we need to make an ajustment to a HQ Glider. BUT few things in balancing it:
1. Glider cannot cost the same as Commando Regiment Glider. Why? Becouse this one allow you also to recruit a commando squad, give healing and FRP.
2. Glider has to be more diversed compare to Commando Regiment version. If not i see even less arguments to pick Commando Regiment - commander that not long ago was revamped. Vanguard with a glider has also Crocodile and call-in strafe (so heavy tank and elite infantry and off map - combo that should be avoided). That's gonna be an autopick in 90% of games.
3. Free Commando squad has to go or need to be replace by a diffrent squad. I would say there are 2 options: a) recon infantry section which would work like jeagers/pathfinders (already in gamefiles with scope Lee–Enfield rifle upgrade) or b) AT commando squad so commando squad with more powerfull edition of piats c) allow to make an buildable mortar team with commando crew. - which still brits really lack. Anyway i don't get the argument why regular commando squad should stay expect it's just easy and lazy solution.
4. Glider HQ has to be repairable to make a side upgrades (healing and FRP) worthwhile. Especially in certain situations when you can't really land a Glider without wounding it.
Thread: Sovjet NON-doctrinal healing options 2 Feb 2020, 11:18 AM
2 Feb 2020, 11:16 AMJibberJabberJobber
Scout car is M3. M5 is the one you buildable in T3. You can upgrade it with AA gun -> popular known as quad.
In: COH2 Balance
Thread: Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF31 Jan 2020, 20:59 PM
31 Jan 2020, 16:02 PMaerafield
Please remove all sight range bonuses from the pyrotechnical supplies upgrade now. Being able to call down smoke and artillery is more than enough for 40mun, but I dont see why a section blob should still be able to reveal HMGs from super far away now simply by letting the vet 1 pyrotech section stand behind cover for 3 sec
I would prefer to be changed into an ability for a unit. Cost 10 ammo increase a sight by that current 10% (i maybe wrong in numbers) in a 10 sec period when unit is static. Require a micro and it's no longer a brainless feature.
Similar stuff was made with OKW Overwatch flare.
Thread: COH2 winter balance mod - discussion28 Jan 2020, 20:41 PM
27 Jan 2020, 15:57 PMSander93
It's also good idea to touch some small stuff in this patch.
Do you guys can consider reducing the price of a stun nade for Sturmpio. Current price is 30 ammo and it's way to expensive for a nade that only stun. It allow you to win engagement but cannot wipe or kill models like a normal frag. If not at least make it cheaper at vet3 or so.
Small change that won't break anything and help utilize ability.
Latest replays uploaded by Stark
Ladders Top 10