Login

russian armor

about okw medikit

24 Sep 2019, 05:16 AM

i think it should need tier 1 or 2 upgrade or need vet1 strumpio.
24 Sep 2019, 05:23 AM

Unit preservation is a vital part of Company of Heroes, and that extends to unit healing.

Every army needs access to adequate healing.
24 Sep 2019, 06:00 AM

Unit preservation is a vital part of Company of Heroes, and that extends to unit healing.

Every army needs access to adequate healing.

Then why do the soviets have no healing beyond base HQ?
Okw has medkits and medbase
Ost has sdkfz 251 (now heals) medkits and bunkers
Ukf has cp medics and medic tommies
Usf has ambu and ambu medics...
24 Sep 2019, 06:22 AM

Agreed that Soviets could get access to another healing source. I think the Soviet M5 should be able to lay a med kit for 15 munitions.

Requiring either Med truck or Mechanized before Sturmpioniers can place med kits sounds fine to me, no reason OKW should get the earliest healing without any additional investment. Letting it require veterancy 1 is a really bad idea however.
24 Sep 2019, 06:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 06:00 AMgbem

Then why do the soviets have no healing beyond base HQ?
Okw has medkits and medbase
Ost has sdkfz 251 (now heals) medkits and bunkers
Ukf has cp medics and medic tommies
Usf has ambu and ambu medics...

Since you're bringing in Doctrine abilities, Soviets have field healing in Urban Defence Tactics.
24 Sep 2019, 06:43 AM

Since you're bringing in Doctrine abilities, Soviets have field healing in Urban Defence Tactics.

Nope... none of those are doctrinal
24 Sep 2019, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 06:43 AMgbem
Nope... none of those are doctrinal

You said UKF Medics, those are doctrine only. Stock UKF only has the Section upgrade.
24 Sep 2019, 06:47 AM

You said UKF Medics, those are doctrine only. Stock UKF only has the Section upgrade.

Cp medics are a muni upgrade that grants medics to the command post... check it out
24 Sep 2019, 12:04 PM

You can build medics at the forward assembly, it locks out the retreat point though
24 Sep 2019, 12:07 PM

i love that any discussion made in the forum is derailed by GBEM to be about soviet :snfPeter:
24 Sep 2019, 12:18 PM

So if I go mech HQ and rush a luchs what do I do? Do I go eff myself for playing okw?
24 Sep 2019, 12:35 PM

So if I go mech HQ and rush a luchs what do I do? Do I go eff myself for playing okw?

Ever heard of spios med crates?
They are vet0 now for some time.
Vet4 onwards Hitlerium infusion is being redistributed to volks anyway and they regenerate automatically.
24 Sep 2019, 17:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 12:35 PMKatitof

Ever heard of spios med crates?
They are vet0 now for some time.
Vet4 onwards Hitlerium infusion is being redistributed to volks anyway and they regenerate automatically.

Read first post.

@OP
The whole point of the medkit as vet0 was to make healing possible without T1 at the expense of constant munition usage.
24 Sep 2019, 17:55 PM

no reason OKW should get the earliest healing without any additional investment

OKW easily has the most expensive medics of all factions (370mp and 55 fuel) and they are stuck behind non-lineair tech too (and in the less popular pick even). Also, very early game munitions investments are very important (one nade or one snare, or lack of munitions for one, can have a huge impact).

Imo it's fine that OKW can choose to put down med crates very early, as it significantly sets them back in using abilities and getting weapon upgrades.

As for Soviets, they are kind of meant to struggle with healing, to compensate for their extended field presence provided by all their squads having a high amount of models.
24 Sep 2019, 18:02 PM

As for Soviets, they are kind of meant to struggle with healing, to compensate for their extended field presence provided by all their squads having a high amount of models.

Then why do cons perform similarly offensively and defensively to grens if "greater field presence" is the argument proposed...

I mean yes penals outclass grens hard but not everyone wants in on the penal memes
25 Sep 2019, 06:58 AM

OKW easily has the most expensive medics of all factions (370mp and 55 fuel) and they are stuck behind non-lineair tech too (and in the less popular pick even). Also, very early game munitions investments are very important (one nade or one snare, or lack of munitions for one, can have a huge impact).

Imo it's fine that OKW can choose to put down med crates very early, as it significantly sets them back in using abilities and getting weapon upgrades.

It set them back so far that they still usually upgrade their first STG44 before any other faction. Being able to heal from minute 2 ou 3 up to 9 squads is a major bonus in term of field presence at this particular moment.
The question is not to keep it or remove it, but if is it balance for OKW to get them so early in the game. Only UKF access to their healing as fast and it is as per faction design.
25 Sep 2019, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 06:58 AMEsxile

It set them back so far that they still usually upgrade their first STG44 before any other faction. Being able to heal from minute 2 ou 3 up to 9 squads is a major bonus in term of field presence at this particular moment.
The question is not to keep it or remove it, but if is it balance for OKW to get them so early in the game. Only UKF access to their healing as fast and it is as per faction design.
let's do some math, at the earliest u can get stg by paying 15 + 25 - 10 from the starting fuel

usf and ukf can pay 15 fuel instantly to get them so they are already faster but obv u gonna cry saying "noooo they don't get tech", then ok

ukf + tier 1 = 15 + 30 - 20 form the starting fuel

usf + tier 1 = 15 + 35 - 20 from starting fuel

again are they the earliest ?
25 Sep 2019, 11:02 AM

let's do some math, at the earliest u can get stg by paying 15 + 25 - 10 from the starting fuel

usf and ukf can pay 15 fuel instantly to get them so they are already faster but obv u gonna cry saying "noooo they don't get tech", then ok

ukf + tier 1 = 15 + 30 - 20 form the starting fuel

usf + tier 1 = 15 + 35 - 20 from starting fuel

again are they the earliest ?

Sometimes it feels like comprehending what a side cost is would literally split your skull open and kill you instantly by making your brain implode on itself.

What your trying to say here makes no sense.
25 Sep 2019, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 11:02 AMKatitof

Sometimes it feels like comprehending what a side cost is would literally split your skull open and kill you instantly by making your brain implode on itself.

What your trying to say here makes no sense.
> people claim stg comes eralier than other upgrade

>i literally post the cost and we can see they come earlier or at the same tiem at max
25 Sep 2019, 11:16 AM

> people claim stg comes eralier than other upgrade

>i literally post the cost and we can see they come earlier or at the same tiem at max

Yeah, in theory, if you don't really care about actually winning the game or even be competitive by 8th minute, I guess you could do that.

But just because you can, doesn't mean its a good idea.
If you're getting weapon upgrades as USF before tiering and ambulance, you're clueless.
In UKF case its even more stupid as sections need to rely on that AEC pretty damn fast now as they aren't dominating anything anymore by themselves and need support, early weapon unlock is only going to delay your tech and bite you in the ass.

Free unlock with tech really does not have any downside, no matter how you want to put it out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★