Login

russian armor

about okw medikit

25 Sep 2019, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 11:16 AMKatitof

Yeah, in theory, if you don't really care about actually winning the game or even be competitive by 8th minute, I guess you could do that.

But just because you can, doesn't mean its a good idea.
If you're getting weapon upgrades as USF before tiering and ambulance, you're clueless.
In UKF case its even more stupid as sections need to rely on that AEC pretty damn fast now as they aren't dominating anything anymore by themselves and need support, early weapon unlock is only going to delay your tech and bite you in the ass.

Free unlock with tech really does not have any downside, no matter how you want to put it out.
it has down side, u can't rush anything as the cost of tech is not skippable like weapons upgrades

ex ukf can bring centaur out by 145 fuel, usf can rush to lv m20 and stuart (like it always does in all top lvl games) u can't do that to with okw, and similarly with osther , while u can rush a ostwind at the same time as a centaur u will have to skip tier 1 and 2 losing both lmg ,snares and nades + all the units from tech
25 Sep 2019, 12:40 PM

it has down side, u can't rush anything as the cost of tech is not skippable like weapons upgrades

No, you can't.
You always have it when you need it naturally, without having to think about it.
You don't need weapon upgrades very early, because you aren't going to have any muni to benefit from it.

ex ukf can bring centaur out by 145 fuel, usf can rush to lv m20 and stuart (like it always does in all top lvl games) u can't do that to with okw, and similarly with osther , while u can rush a ostwind at the same time as a centaur u will have to skip tier 1 and 2 losing both lmg ,snares and nades + all the units from tech

All factions can pump out a med tank at around the same time.
That's one benchmark we have.
That benchmark is for rushing, therefore not including upgrade side costs.

Changing vehicle to suit your argument isn't really helping you in any way.
25 Sep 2019, 12:46 PM

let's do some math, at the earliest u can get stg by paying 15 + 25 - 10 from the starting fuel

usf and ukf can pay 15 fuel instantly to get them so they are already faster but obv u gonna cry saying "noooo they don't get tech", then ok

ukf + tier 1 = 15 + 30 - 20 form the starting fuel

usf + tier 1 = 15 + 35 - 20 from starting fuel

again are they the earliest ?

Ukf also has to pay for bolster and usf has to pay for nades...

Sov is the worst offender here... having to pay for molly at nade and has extremely fuel intensive teching
25 Sep 2019, 13:51 PM

let's do some math, at the earliest u can get stg by paying 15 + 25 - 10 from the starting fuel

usf and ukf can pay 15 fuel instantly to get them so they are already faster but obv u gonna cry saying "noooo they don't get tech", then ok

ukf + tier 1 = 15 + 30 - 20 form the starting fuel

usf + tier 1 = 15 + 35 - 20 from starting fuel

again are they the earliest ?

You're playing Coh2 on a Excel spreadsheet table, me not I'm talking about the game Coh2 with graphics and in-game mechanism, strategy and tactic and stuff like that. Here probably lie the reason we don't understand each other.
25 Sep 2019, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 13:51 PMEsxile

You're playing Coh2 on a Excel spreadsheet table, me not I'm talking about the game Coh2 with graphics and in-game mechanism, strategy and tactic and stuff like that. Here probably lie the reason we don't understand each other.

StuG confirmed sneks AT partner :snfPeter::snfPeter:
25 Sep 2019, 15:21 PM

Move Luchs to Battlegroup but require Medics to be teched, move Obers to Mechanized but make Mechanized require Battlegroup

Now Puma and walking Stuka come out slower, Obers come out quicker, Mechanized doesn’t lack healing, and Ballegroup doesn’t lack repairs.

Yuo can thank me later :hyper:
25 Sep 2019, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 12:40 PMKatitof

No, you can't.
You always have it when you need it naturally, without having to think about it.
You don't need weapon upgrades very early, because you aren't going to have any muni to benefit from it.

All factions can pump out a med tank at around the same time.
That's one benchmark we have.

That benchmark is for rushing, therefore not including upgrade side costs.

Changing vehicle to suit your argument isn't really helping you in any way.
nope example at earliest okw can bring a tank in 185 fu , brits can in 145 fu, now add 10 fuel for nade and 15 for weapons and we have 170 fu , if u want u can even add AEC side tech for 185 fu

now where is the free upgrade ? how can okw rush a tank or even a luch ?
25 Sep 2019, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 13:51 PMEsxile

then make changes to those, maybe add a cool skin to the rifles, or try to make ur own strat :snfPeter::snfPeter:

if u don't care about stats or number don't change them like u trying to do :luvDerp::luvDerp:
25 Sep 2019, 16:58 PM

then make changes to those, maybe add a cool skin to the rifles, or try to make ur own strat :snfPeter::snfPeter:

if u don't care about stats or number don't change them like u trying to do :luvDerp::luvDerp:

You know, I never mentioned anything about stat or cost (of which I'm well aware), just pointing out that in a real in-game match OKW usually get their first squad with weapon upgrade even if the player spend munition on one healing crate before their opponent. because in-game, the actual game we play and are talking about right now, nobody is going to unlock BARs or Bren before teching T1 and PPSH aren't going to be available sooner than the first OKW truck setup.

So when Sander93 says early OKW healing crate put OKW on the backfoot munition wise and delay STG upgrade, to me this is simply untrue. But you are welcome to disagree with me.

25 Sep 2019, 18:29 PM

What i can understand of Stug vs Katitof discussion is this:

A faction that no alternative but a linear teching (Axis) has advantages but a big drawback too.
-Pros: Solid, one tech enables all the next tier abilities, 'cheap' as a bundle of new abilities.
-Cons: The player must always tech the same way, expensive for a single ability , prone to stalls due a cut off or resource shortage, units costs are higher because the unit has the ability wether you use it or not.

A faction with optional sidetechs (Allies) have their own set too:
-Pros: Adaptable, modular, on team games provides a lot of synergy, cheaper for single abilities, teching cost are cheaper, can offer lategame superiority because units have a slower proggression, good for reactive playstile.
-Cons: Not all sidetechs are optional (sometimes they are a must), not good for proactive gamestyle, slower and more expensive to unlock all the abilities.

Final words:
If this design has not been changed its because its meant to be this way.
Instead of mental gimnastics lets set up an even common ground.

High level matches often repeat opening builds and this hurts more allied than axis but also allows allied to take riskier strategies to get higher rewards.

To say "axis get stuff for free with teching" or "allied sidetech is a must" are simply fallacies.
25 Sep 2019, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

We recently had a thread about this where I needed to redirect the discussion towards it.

Just a quick note about OKW:
OKW does NOT pay extra for their stuff and they also do NOT get their weapon upgrades (StG etc) for "free" if you consider the total tech cost up to T4.
Their big advantage is that they do save a lot of resources mostly in the MP department at the beginning of the game which allows for high map presence. This is the biggest part of OKWs early game aggression. They pay for their StGs with higher tech costs later on and the fact that USF/UKF upgrades (side techs) are usually a little bit stronger than theirs which costs MP if the game drags on.

But now, back to the medkit topic:
OP has given no argument what so ever to why the med kit should be delayed. At the moment I think the timing is alright. Backteching for OKW is quite expensive. So if you commit to T2 + med kits that's quite a mun drain.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★