Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjäger is very OP!

PAGES (25)down
1 Oct 2019, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 10:16 AMVipper

No but in order to get upgrade you have to invest into 1+1 truck...

So.. you have to do something that you will do anyway in 100% of games, unless you're going to end the game in first 10 minutes.
How's that an argument?

Fall simply need a redesign so that they do not overlap with Obers.
Either as infiltration unit something OKW no longer posses
Or
As relatively cheap airdropped unit with 5-6 model that can upgrade to 1+1 Fg42 similar to paras.

Not sure OKW needs their own osttruppen but on steroids, you already have PFs for that.

FGs will always cause problems as long as they will be effective at all ranges and benefit from ambush bonus.
1 Oct 2019, 11:03 AM

So.. you have to do something that you will do anyway in 100% of games, unless you're going to end the game in first 10 minutes.
How's that an argument?

Since according to you there is no difference remove tech lock on the weapon or lest give a tech requirement to ranges paras and guards.

Not sure OKW needs their own osttruppen but on steroids, you already have PFs for that.

Paras are 6 men and the are not osttruppen (airdropped units need high entity count to survive airdrop and fighting behind enemy lines).

In addition I suggested make them an infiltration unit or airdropped and PF is neither.

FGs will always cause problems as long as they will be effective at all ranges and benefit from ambush bonus.

If FG42 is problem because they are good at all range so are SVTs for the same reason.

As for camo try to keep up with patches, it provides ambush bonus only at VET 5 and that is the least of their problems.

1 Oct 2019, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 11:03 AMVipper

Since according to you there is no difference remove tech lock on the weapon or lest give a tech requirement to ranges paras and guards.

There is a difference between timing and the cost.
You're smart boi, I'm sure if you spend enough time, you'll figure it out yourself without me holding your hand this time.

Also, last time I've checked, paras, rangers and guards weapons were not Deus Ex Machina effective at all ranges, allowing you to engage all units in game from always advantageous position.

Paras are 6 men and the are not osttruppen (airdropped units need high entity count to survive airdrop and fighting behind enemy lines).
In addition I suggested make them an infiltration unit or airdropped and PF is neither.

Its hardly relevant, you already have 6 man squad you're describing, deployment method doesn't matter.

If FG42 is problem because they are good at all range so are SVTs for the same reason.

Use that argument again when SVTs long range will be much more flat dropoff compared to close range, you know, like FG42.

As for camo try to keep up with patches, it provides ambush bonus only at VET 5 and that is the least of their problems.

Again, not relevant, its not like they struggle vs anything to get to that vet5 fast.

They got it all, great base stats, on field deployment, 2 offensive nades, faust, weapons very effective at every single distance, camo, amazing scaling.
The only "disadvantage" they have is being 4 men.

Doctrinal unit having its weapon upgrade tech locked is only a testament to how powerful it is in comparison to all other doctrinal infantries(barring the osttruppen, in case you wanted to swing that in, but I doubt you'd use something this stupid as an actual argument)
1 Oct 2019, 11:59 AM

There is a difference between timing and the cost.

Well I see once more you arguing in for the sake of argument so will I will allow to replay to yourself since you have a bad tendency to contradict yourself.

How's that an argument?

Its hardly relevant, you already have 6 man squad you're describing, deployment method doesn't matter.

Yes it called paras but it available in different faction.

Again, not relevant, its not like they struggle vs anything to get to that vet5 fast.

Suggestion:
If you are going to post on a game you do not play at least bother to read the patch notes

Falls veterancy requirements increased to: 750/1500/3000/3900/5010

Now pls stop wasting the time of the people in this forum with your little crusade to prove me wrong so that you can feel better about yourself.
1 Oct 2019, 12:03 PM

is there any video proof or something where we can see: OH god..they are so OP? Never seen this in the last 20 vids where they was used (Danes and Tights channel + twitch streams) no outstanding Performance or something.

i mean..if they would so op like someone want to tell us here...the good players would abuse them much and there was many proofs. but no..there is nothing like this.
1 Oct 2019, 12:04 PM

And you honestly think there is nothing wrong with trying out "good ideas" od throwing units between factions?

You believe its fine for falls to be 6 men with lower firepower and infiltration/paradrop, do you also believe it would be ok if soviets got 4 man infantry in T4 with ~20 model sniping DPS focused around single model?

"faction X has it" is horrible argument, because factions aren't mirrored, they have different units, different support, different costs, why do you believe copying ideas from one faction to another would work for another when advantages and disadvantages of that faction are completely different?

Do you actually play the factions or coh2db.com and update thread is all that you ever open in regards to coh?
1 Oct 2019, 12:29 PM

IMO Falls are still too good. Make them 380 MP and remove Faust.
then don't forget to add a 5th men like commando
1 Oct 2019, 13:22 PM

SO they spawn in 3 man and have an expensive reinforce rate too?
1 Oct 2019, 13:56 PM

then don't forget to add a 5th men like commando

And then remove all of their long range dps like commando?

Can we seriously stop the "but [insert unrelated allied elite infantry here]" bullshit?
There is no squad in game quite like falls. The issue is their good at all ranges design is too good at all ranges. The old design was better balanced as it was good but only if YOU were good. Now they are good enough to blob and rewarding to do so. If they were not good enough in their previous state perhaps a vet rework is in order but this new design is causing lots of issues.
1 Oct 2019, 14:56 PM

And then remove all of their long range dps like commando?

Can we seriously stop the "but [insert unrelated allied elite infantry here]" bullshit?
There is no squad in game quite like falls. The issue is their good at all ranges design is too good at all ranges. The old design was better balanced as it was good but only if YOU were good. Now they are good enough to blob and rewarding to do so. If they were not good enough in their previous state perhaps a vet rework is in order but this new design is causing lots of issues.
ok, but add 2 lmg upgrade

I would be more than happy for commando instead of falls, just give them 2 lmg 34 like commando with 2 bren to upgrade
1 Oct 2019, 15:51 PM

Just nerf other commander abilities in turn.
1 Oct 2019, 17:32 PM

Speaking from soviet experience post patch, it is quite difficult to deal with vetted FSJ.

Their above average-great performance at all ranges coupled with stealth makes it very hard to engage at your units optimum range, and the only generalist all range infantry soviets have are penals which die alarmingly fast to FSJ (due to poor RA vet) although I dont consider this to necessarily be an issue.

I'm not the greatest player but my 1v1 soviet rank has been tanking due in no small part to difficulty countering FSJs.

Maybe it's a learn to play issue, but it feels to me like they are too strong and-and not just a little, factoring in vet.
1 Oct 2019, 18:03 PM

same way u deal with commando with brens, but easier: sniper, explosive damage, tanks etc
1 Oct 2019, 18:27 PM

same way u deal with commando with brens, but easier: sniper, explosive damage, tanks etc
Well unlike commandos falchis can sprint with the commander ability to quickly kill a sniper and they also have a faust which prevent tanks and other vehicules to be very effective against them in a short time.
1 Oct 2019, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 18:27 PMKobal
Well unlike commandos falchis can sprint with the commander ability to quickly kill a sniper and they also have a faust which prevent tanks and other vehicules to be very effective against them in a short time.
well commando have Sprint built in unlike falls and have the same but better sprint ability (it comes with recon planes)

fasut vs LV ok

faust vs tank meh, it's only a problem if supported by at gun
1 Oct 2019, 18:34 PM

Your solutions are how you deal with any infantry and by that measure, no infantry could ever be overpowered.

I dont deal with bren commandos because I dont ever see them, perhaps this is due to out of meta commander, or that brens just dont synergize with commandos.

Even if I did, FSJ arrive earlier, have better better vet, have a snare to ward off vehicles and are better at mid range while being on par(and better with vet) at long in terms of damage output compared to double bren commandos. The edge commandos have over FSJ is total HP pool. It should also be noted that they had the same edge over JLI but that didnt stop JLI from being overpowered.
1 Oct 2019, 18:39 PM

It's true that Fallschirmjägers can't be compared to commandos , they are much much better than them and they are cheaper as well. Also using commandos against Fallschirmjägers yield pretty underwelming results to say the least. Commandos may have a small sprint built in but they are not very good at doing dmg long range even with the double brens upgrade. Falchis can pop ou of cammo and delete a potential sniper at any range possible where commandos need to be close or mid range to kill them.
1 Oct 2019, 18:39 PM

Your solutions are how you deal with any infantry and by that measure, no infantry could ever be overpowered.

I dont deal with bren commandos because I dont ever see them, perhaps this is due to out of meta commander, or that brens just dont synergize with commandos.

Even if I did, FSJ arrive earlier, have better better vet, have a snare to ward off vehicles and are better at mid range while being on par(and better with vet) at long in terms of damage output compared to double bren commandos. The edge commandos have over FSJ is total HP pool. It should also be noted that they had the same edge over JLI but that didnt stop JLI from being overpowered.

well commando brens beat falls at all ranges i posted proof in the thread with tests

they don't have better vet as they still lose even at vet 5 vs commando bren as shown in test

please actually play the game and do test before saying thing that comes in ur mind

Both of U are just propagandist for allied fan boy when u literally just have to check the thread as I did test but prefer to lie , well at least evryone can see for who U really are
1 Oct 2019, 18:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

well commando brens beat falls at all ranges i posted proof in the thread with tests

they don't have better vet as they still lose even at vet 5 vs commando bren as shown in test

please actually play the game and do test before saying thing that comes in ur mind

Both of U are just propagandist for allied fan boy when u literally have to check the thread as I did test but prefer to lie , well at least evryone can see for who U really are

Why don't we see Bren Commandos at all? I can think of any game out of my mind, current or previous patches, tournament or not, for that been a thing. Most of my memories of Commando usage is cammo and nuke nade.

PD: did the test took into account the 50% DPS they gained for first strike, which was one of the factors which broke them in live game (because they got access to it at vet2 through a bug).
1 Oct 2019, 19:16 PM

Why don't we see Bren Commandos at all? I can think of any game out of my mind, current or previous patches, tournament or not, for that been a thing. Most of my memories of Commando usage is cammo and nuke nade.

PD: did the test took into account the 50% DPS they gained for first strike, which was one of the factors which broke them in live game (because they got access to it at vet2 through a bug).
unfortunately is impossible to test both with firsts strike bonus as changing team will remove the stealth and bonus

btw i don't see many falls right now, is that an argument ?
PAGES (25)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Germany 33
Mexico 18
unknown 5
Philippines 1
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W