Login

russian armor

Sight flares vs Recon planes

23 Aug 2019, 07:38 AM

Imo recon planes are ok because they have a counter.
But sight flares are uncounterable, which is bad.
Okw arty flares are getting nerf in deployment.

Soviet mortar still remains the same
Brit also have wide area flares.

I don't know can all flares be made to have planes profile so that it can be shot down as a counter?
23 Aug 2019, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 07:38 AMmrgame2
Imo recon planes are ok because they have a counter.
But sight flares are uncounterable, which is bad.

Soviet mortar still remains the same
Brit also have wide area flares.

I don't know can all flares be made to have planes profile so that it can be shot down as a counter?

Soviet mortar flares are not on the scale of okw arty flares, not even brit flaresas they require a unit to deploy. Nobody complains about sniper flares or rifleman flares because that's fair game.

The power of okw arty flares is that it's EXACTLY where you want in even if you are locked in base which makes team games a nightmare. There should always be counter play.
23 Aug 2019, 16:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I agree on OKW and UKF flares, but throwing the SOV flare in there too is a bit far fetched.
It requires a vet 1 mortar in range, so it can only be deployed on the front line and you can counter the strategy by wiping the mortar with pushing it or artillery. It also is a bit more micro intensive. OKW and UKF flare is just a two-click ability and you see what you want to see. Nothing else involved.

EDIT:
81mm SOV mortar (standard version) does not require vet to flare, 120mm mortar does need vet 1
23 Aug 2019, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 07:38 AMmrgame2

how?
23 Aug 2019, 17:16 PM

I agree on OKW and UKF flares, but throwing the SOV flare in there too is a bit far fetched.
It requires a vet 1 mortar in range, so it can only be deployed on the front line and you can counter the strategy by wiping the mortar with pushing it or artillery. It also is a bit more micro intensive. OKW and UKF flare is just a two-click ability and you see what you want to see. Nothing else involved.

That information is inaccurate:
PM-42 82mm Mortar
The PM-42 Mortar will now have the ‘Flare’ ability at Vet 0 to provide vital scouting information and to give the Soviet mortar a more utility oriented role when it is deployed.

Flare ability no longer requires veterancy 1
Veterancy 1 reduces Flare recharge by 25%
23 Aug 2019, 17:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 17:16 PMVipper

That information is inaccurate:
PM-42 82mm Mortar
The PM-42 Mortar will now have the ‘Flare’ ability at Vet 0 to provide vital scouting information and to give the Soviet mortar a more utility oriented role when it is deployed.

Flare ability no longer requires veterancy 1
Veterancy 1 reduces Flare recharge by 25%

Thanks for the correction. I probably mixed it up with the 120mm mortar, which (if I'm not wrong here too) still requires vet1 to flare.
23 Aug 2019, 17:27 PM

Thanks for the correction. I probably mixed it up with the 120mm mortar, which (if I'm not wrong here too) still requires vet1 to flare.

Glad that I could help. Yes it is vet 1 for 120mm.
23 Aug 2019, 17:32 PM

They specifically said they would not nerf the flare cause special ops would die (like mobile defense :snfPeter: ) as 2 out 3 ability used in the doc just got nerfed

i would like to see a rework tho, maybe add a plane recon with something else
23 Aug 2019, 17:35 PM

They specifically said they would not nerf the flare cause special ops would die (like mobile defense :snfPeter: ) as 2 out 3 ability used in the doc just got nerfed

They should simply increase the CD which is simply too low.
23 Aug 2019, 17:50 PM

+5 muni for inflation nade will kill spec op, sure.
23 Aug 2019, 17:52 PM

+5 muni for inflation nade will kill spec op, sure.

the commad p5 ----------------->

you

:snfPeter:
23 Aug 2019, 17:59 PM

Recon loiters are on several commanders. Removing the flares and replacing them with such really shouldn't be an issue
23 Aug 2019, 18:05 PM

the commad p5 ----------------->

you

:snfPeter:

It got stick to tech like all other heavy call in and even got some price decrease in exchange for some sight range.
23 Aug 2019, 18:08 PM

It got stick to tech like all other heavy call in and even got some price decrease in exchange for some sight range.
yes but the point of the doc was the ability to call in panther without tier 3, now that that is removed people will no longer always pick it + increase of price of nades it was already hit hard

don't get me wrong i do think flare and call in was cheesy but u can't just delete the doc and call it a day exchange for different ability, just recon will be useless
23 Aug 2019, 18:20 PM

yes but the point of the doc was the ability to call in panther without tier 3, now that that is removed people will no longer always pick it + increase of price of nades it was already hit hard

don't get me wrong i do think flare and call in was cheesy but u can't just delete the doc and call it a day exchange for different ability, just recon will be useless

Still, flare is broken, what is your suggestions ?
23 Aug 2019, 19:22 PM

The panther is a great unit in its own right. A commander that NEEDS cheese isn't a good commander.

Also okw doesn't have any recon loiter abilities so they could easily add one in its place as recon is always welcome. I know annoying recon with disproportionately high or nocounter play is sort of OKWs thing (arty flares, sws radio detection, IRHT, creeping Shreks) but something as important as recon should be normalized. 2 click recon the enemy can't do shit about is bad and should be changed. Saying it will destroy the commander is a lie and is being used as an easy out.
23 Aug 2019, 19:28 PM

Still, flare is broken, what is your suggestions ?
a recon budbled with some thing thematic for special ops, smoke nades ? or panzer tactician? falls =?
23 Aug 2019, 19:40 PM

They also specifically said that one squad in game exclusively having reduced damage modifier instead of more received accuracy is inconsistent and confusing so that unit had it removed last patch, but here we are with grens.
23 Aug 2019, 22:58 PM

God forbid the ability to throw 5 nades be a reasonable price, the command panther be put in line with other heavies in terms of call-in time (still a great unit btw), and the laughably OP vision ability be brought in line with something more reasonable.

Yes that doctrine is dead now. No one will ever use it and OKW has no other viable doctrines at its disposal to use.
23 Aug 2019, 23:45 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think OKW has probably the most viable doctrine % of all factions. None of them are going to be Jaegar armor OP, but they're all viable (except maybe firestorm :( ).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★