Login

russian armor

Maxim redesign redirect thread

PAGES (7)down
21 Aug 2019, 10:36 AM

there is no big deal to get 1-2 maxims to safe good positions and get penals from t1.

Go and try that, have fun being base locked, because you have zero field presence due to having at least 3 squads less then opponent due to both tier costs and expensive units in that shitty theorycraft of yours.

I will never get bored of the ideas you come up with that no one ever has a slightest chance of pulling off regardless of game mode or how good he is.
21 Aug 2019, 11:22 AM

its very clever in teamgames on exspacily urban maps to get some mgs and mortars and spam after than only penals. you have easy early game...and come after this vs heavy inf and overrun the anti mg builds: mortars and lots of stuff
21 Aug 2019, 11:31 AM

its very clever in teamgames on exspacily urban maps to get some mgs and mortars and spam after than only penals. you have easy early game...and come after this vs heavy inf and overrun the anti mg builds: mortars and lots of stuff

You are pooched if you try that in team games. That's 320mp in JUST teching. Once you add in medics which you will absolutely need you will have 570mp in non combat. Christ building a cache too soon can sink you, let alone side teching...
21 Aug 2019, 11:32 AM

Show me how this is done, because when I was playing 3v3, I never saw this, or you are lying or we would play different games.
21 Aug 2019, 13:47 PM

Maxims are no good in urban areas as there is too much cover, allowing volks etc to easily close the required gap and flamenade the building before becoming suppressed.

The idea of being able to back tech to T1 is laughable. Late game? Sure. Early game? No. You have to smash out as many units as you can if you hope to keep apace with the OKW.
21 Aug 2019, 14:14 PM

more supression

more set up time

it was spammed before cause it was possible to a move it, with more set up time it would be impossible, and it would work like an actual mg (set up and hold)

No1 spams mg42s and "a" move them. Becouse 1. it has longer set up time, 2. has only 4 men.

Maxims cannot once again be a core unit. it's not mainline infantry, it's a support weapon. It's job is to support.
21 Aug 2019, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 14:14 PMStark

No1 spams mg42s and "a" move them. Becouse 1. it has longer set up time, 2. has only 4 men.

Maxims cannot once again be a core unit. it's not mainline infantry, it's a support weapon. It's job is to support.

Then it needs something to support because cons sure as shit are not it
21 Aug 2019, 17:11 PM

what if the basic is its an dps mode and when u press the button for rapid fire what now is i think a vet 1 abillaty you lay down so much lead its for that durration an good supressing platform
21 Aug 2019, 17:20 PM

Show us a replay of you doing this and not getting pushed off the map. In addition to the costs armadillo mentioned, you're also losing time building both buildings and waiting for penals

If your going both t1 and t2, you go t1 first. Going t2 first could not make less sense in a double tech build
21 Aug 2019, 18:55 PM

My idea for a maxim buff is to improve its RoF out to mid range. That way, it will still not be able to lock down a huge area like an MG42, but will be able to stop any squads charging it frontally.
21 Aug 2019, 19:15 PM

>>Add +50 starting MP

>>Make cons RA better

>>Make penals RA worse (So they are glass cannons vs infantry) and improve their PTRS's penetration so they can transition late game as a potent at unit.

>>Nerf the 7th man upgrades cover bonuses a "little" bit to compensate for the RA buff (So we are buffing the early cons but not making them unkillable monsters late game when you also consider the -40% RA buff at vet3 )

>>Reduce the ZiS barrage cost but prevent it from getting insta-wipes (give it the brümbarr treatment) and improve the barrages scatter.

>>Improve maxims suppression to midpoint between vickers and current maxim. Increase the setup time a little bit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Now you have a faction that doesn't have a thrash mainline and not hars start in terms of MP.

*Now penals are not terminators of early but retards of late instead they are normal/good infantry early potent AT infantry late game.

*Now ATG is not a RNG based wipe machine instead it is a proper supportive ATG.

21 Aug 2019, 20:07 PM

what if the basic is its an dps mode and when u press the button for rapid fire what now is i think a vet 1 abillaty you lay down so much lead its for that durration an good supressing platform

I also support the route. Tbh the maxim would probably be fine if it's "do the job I was bought for" button wasnt locked behind vet....
21 Aug 2019, 20:22 PM

I also support the route. Tbh the maxim would probably be fine if it's "do the job I was bought for" button wasnt locked behind vet....

yea so u make it an dps unit with an active supress abillaty with a cooldown on it
21 Aug 2019, 23:20 PM

Thats totally gonna work when axis mgs are waay better and axis mortars fire alot faster
22 Aug 2019, 01:25 AM

I seriously don't understand this weird sentiment of maxim spam. Like, what? Every faction can spam MGs, but for some reason when Soviet players do it (who also happen to have the most garbage MG in the game) it's a bad thing? I don't know how many shit tier Wehr players I've had to deal with who decided 4 MG-42s out the gate is the right move. You know what happened? Smoking, flanking, in-direct fire, etc. I don't want to hear anyone bitch about how the MG-42 has 4 men, I don't care.

The arc, rate of fire, suppression, and damage on that thing is retarded, but you don't see me complaining about it when it gets spammed.
22 Aug 2019, 02:11 AM

Maybe its because most axis players just want to forego all tacics because "mUh wUNdeRwAFfe"
22 Aug 2019, 03:13 AM

I seriously don't understand this weird sentiment of maxim spam. Like, what? Every faction can spam MGs, but for some reason when Soviet players do it (who also happen to have the most garbage MG in the game) it's a bad thing? I don't know how many shit tier Wehr players I've had to deal with who decided 4 MG-42s out the gate is the right move. You know what happened? Smoking, flanking, in-direct fire, etc. I don't want to hear anyone bitch about how the MG-42 has 4 men, I don't care.

The arc, rate of fire, suppression, and damage on that thing is retarded, but you don't see me complaining about it when it gets spammed.

Its just PTSD from when it used to work. It was the pinnacle of EZ mode due to mobility and the fact that it was built for attack move. The fact that the current state of the maxim and cons means you HAVE to spam them if you plan OK using them doesn't help the sentiment either.
22 Aug 2019, 06:20 AM

I think you and the rest of the community that has an actual clue on how to play this game have two extremely different definitions of what "very clever" means, because getting both T1 and T2 makes sense EXCLUSIVELY if you open with T1 first and back tech during mid game for ZiS.

You'll do it in early game, you've lost the map and the game.
Also, how you have "easy early game"? Its axis side that does have easy early game against that failspawn of a BO your trying to sell here.

Alternatively, post a replay of you winning against better then easy AI(aka someone who knows the basics at least). Because the level of misguided theorycraft you're trying to pull of there rivals that of a snek atm.
22 Aug 2019, 08:02 AM

If u all could read...and most important: understanding what you read...that would be great.

in TEAMGAMES you have no map capping proplem...there are other guys with for exmaple USF rifles, IS and penals to cap it. You are the guy which support them with maxim spam on lane maps and urban...you supress then easily the grens and volks.

after that (u lost NO manpower in the first 2-3 attack from enemy (staying in sec line and suppress enemies.

you have no problem to get t1. and spam after that penals.

you only need mates which arent brain dead and wait the attack from enemy to run into the mgs. ( because you hold the important points with it)

maxim have fast enough setup time to avoid mortars and flanks.

you only need one mate which its at front of u to see the squads and u suppress them.

this works every time.

22 Aug 2019, 08:15 AM

If u all could read...and most important: understanding what you read...that would be great.

in TEAMGAMES you have no map capping proplem...there are other guys with for exmaple USF rifles, IS and penals to cap it. You are the guy which support them with maxim spam on lane maps and urban...you supress then easily the grens and volks.

after that (u lost NO manpower in the first 2-3 attack from enemy (staying in sec line and suppress enemies.

you have no problem to get t1. and spam after that penals.

you only need mates which arent brain dead and wait the attack from enemy to run into the mgs. ( because you hold the important points with it)

maxim have fast enough setup time to avoid mortars and flanks.

you only need one mate which its at front of u to see the squads and u suppress them.

this works every time.

And I repeat again - show. Because you say a lot of time it’s 3 against 2 or 4 against 3 and if the enemy is not full noobs you will simply be locked in the base. So show me how you implement this, because when I play 3v3 no one ever does that. Show your skill and prove to the whole community which T1 + T2 OP. Because while I see only lies.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
France 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak