Login

russian armor

Maxim redesign redirect thread

PAGES (7)down
19 Aug 2019, 15:30 PM

I'd be interested to hear more on the mechanics of that idea. What happens when the cover gets destroyed in the middle of a fire-fight (mid-burst of the maxim)?
19 Aug 2019, 15:39 PM

What do you mean "both roles"? It still can't fight vehicles. The mg42 can suppress infantry and kill light vehicles, but you have no problem with that
both role i mean dps moving unit and suppression stationary
19 Aug 2019, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 14:19 PMLago
Machine guns have one job: inflicting suppression on enemy units.

The HMGs that do this in one burst (MG42, MG34, .50 cal, DHSK) are good. The HMGs that do not (Vickers and Maxim) are trash, and the factions that can build them spam mainlines instead because their HMG is unfit for purpose.

Give it good suppression, cut its damage however far you need to to balance that out.

Instant workable HMG.
no need to nerf the damage just make it have slower set up time, so u can't a move it
19 Aug 2019, 15:43 PM

You can't if you keep it 6 men.
19 Aug 2019, 15:45 PM

I'd be interested to hear more on the mechanics of that idea. What happens when the cover gets destroyed in the middle of a fire-fight (mid-burst of the maxim)?

I'm no modder but I imagine it would work similarly to the brits cover bonus, once it's gone it would probably stop with the Supression, or lowered dramatically so that it can keep a suppressed unit eating dirt but not Supress a new squad
19 Aug 2019, 15:49 PM

I'm no modder but I imagine it would work similarly to the brits cover bonus, once it's gone it would probably stop with the Supression, or lowered dramatically so that it can keep a suppressed unit eating dirt but not Supress a new squad

I'd rather it waited until the next re-load to lower the suppression than have it disappear mid-burst.
19 Aug 2019, 16:12 PM

no need to nerf the damage just make it have slower set up time, so u can't a move it

I'm not that fussed what they nerf.

A machine gun needs to be good at suppressing squads. If I want a mobile damage dealer that can rapidly turn to face the enemy, I'll build Penal Troops instead.
19 Aug 2019, 16:16 PM

You'd have to settle down for MAYBE, just maybe, getting it's cost reduced slightly.
The balance team is deathly afraid of Maxim Spam returning.
19 Aug 2019, 16:22 PM

A cost decrease to prevent Maxim spam? That seems somewhat.. counterproductive.

The best bet at this point is to make it like the HMG34: good suppression, trash tier damage.

Unless a single Maxim can actually do an HMG's job, it's good for nothing but these reviled spam strats.
19 Aug 2019, 16:28 PM

or u can keep the current damage and make it have the same set up time as other mgs ? right now is a bit faster

without a fast set up time the maxim can suppress and not be spammed and a moved
19 Aug 2019, 16:32 PM

both role i mean dps moving unit and suppression stationary

Moving unit? Suggestion in the OP was that the dps mode would be more mobile, not that it could fire on the move. He meant it would setup faster not that it could act like a squad

You can mean whatever you want by "both roles", the mg42 also has more than 1 "role" or capability, whatever you wanna call it. Suppression, light AT, and the incin rounds do great dmg to infantry too
19 Aug 2019, 17:13 PM

Honestly mate at this stage make it 4 man I don't care so long as it suppresses.

edit: if we factor in the death loop however we would need to either reduce its cost or keep it at 5/6 men. Forgot about that stupid bug.
19 Aug 2019, 17:26 PM

Remove the deathloop first
19 Aug 2019, 21:18 PM

Moving unit? Suggestion in the OP was that the dps mode would be more mobile, not that it could fire on the move. He meant it would setup faster not that it could act like a squad

You can mean whatever you want by "both roles", the mg42 also has more than 1 "role" or capability, whatever you wanna call it. Suppression, light AT, and the incin rounds do great dmg to infantry too
if we count vet ability then is't supressin fire alredy making maxim an mg ?
19 Aug 2019, 21:41 PM

That ability makes it good at it's only job, the mg42s doesn't need that, and its ability makes it good at a different one

The 42 is leagues better than maxim for same price without tech, AND these changes include a price increase. Sustained fire would most likely go with these changes anyway, it would be pretty redundant to keep it, but it doesn't compare to incin AP rounds
20 Aug 2019, 07:46 AM

It actually would, but it requires you to have a future seeing gypsy to predict when opponent will move in range because of forced reload.

Its not "Yuri, cover that squad over there with more fire now" ability.
Its "Yuri, you can stop shooting blanks, lets drink some vodka and then we'll shoot these boolets I've found around, they look real".
20 Aug 2019, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 07:46 AMKatitof

It actually would, but it requires you to have a future seeing gypsy to predict when opponent will move in range because of forced reload.

Its not "Yuri, cover that squad over there with more fire now" ability.
Its "Yuri, you can stop shooting blanks, lets drink some vodka and then we'll shoot these boolets I've found around, they look real".
then isn't the same for pen rounds ?
20 Aug 2019, 10:14 AM

pen rounds dont double DPS....
20 Aug 2019, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 10:14 AMgbem
pen rounds dont double DPS....
yes ? he was arguing that pen round ability make the mg 42 a LV counter, but by that logic the maxim ability make it both dps and suppression

20 Aug 2019, 10:34 AM

yes ? he was arguing that pen round ability make the mg 42 a LV counter, but by that logic the maxim ability make it both dps and suppression

Boi.........

Let me in on a lil secret that not a single player has found out about for the last 7 years of CoH2.

But don't share it with anyone, pinkie promise?

Also, you didn't understood what I said in the first place.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS