Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
30 Aug 2019, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 19:34 PMSmartie
-last but not least a change that i really dislike: putting the hetzer behind panzer author. will kill this unit, it just dont have no window of opp. Why not increase fuel cost (+20) but making it available in the first stage of the schwere?

The Hetzer on live is fine at 120 fuel, it's a really good unit to rush.
The new veterancy requirements will help it perform beyond its initial shock window, because it gets good veterancy bonuses.

Putting it at 80 fuel was really pushing its shock power, but ultimately we felt that Obers needed to come a little bit sooner and that it wasn't worth putting the Schwerer at 80 fuel just for the Hetzer, that people would maybe use in 1/10-1/20 matches, compared to Obers that might be used almost every match now.
30 Aug 2019, 19:39 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Keep it on OKW, not other peoples bias and their post history.

As far as the notes go:

Think the KT is still not good enough for 1v1 play, but maybe it doesn't need to be. Maybe it needs to be like the JT/Ele where 99% of its use is in teamgames.

It's finally great to see miragefla's tech split finally being incoorporated to the schwer HQ. Although I still do not like how obers need an active (not destroyed) fully upgraded panzer HQ. It's fine to lock it initially, but if you lose the HQ you can no longer upgrade obers. It makes them become an overexpensive grenadier squad.
30 Aug 2019, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 19:37 PMJilet

??
Panzerfusilier buff is well deserved. Glad I started that thread.

no they were a BALANCED unit which is why you think buffs are deserved. If you can't a-move an axis unit and beat the allies, its underpowered according to this forum. Pfussies had all tools they needed, great late scaling vet that would actually help OKW mid and late game but they just werent a no brainer 0cp for axis mains, so of course it needed to be buffed.

There are people asking for the fucking panther to get buffed on these forums for fucks sake.
30 Aug 2019, 19:51 PM

The Hetzer on live is fine at 120 fuel, it's a really good unit to rush.
The new veterancy requirements will help it perform beyond its initial shock window, because it gets good veterancy bonuses.

Putting it at 80 fuel was really pushing its shock power, but ultimately we felt that Obers needed to come a little bit sooner and that it wasn't worth putting the Schwerer at 80 fuel just for the Hetzer, that people would maybe use in 1/10-1/20 matches, compared to Obers that might be used almost every match now.

I acknowledge this argumentation, obers should have priority, thanks for the reply.
30 Aug 2019, 20:18 PM
Patrion 26

The 'Panzer Authorization' upgrade should really be a one off upgrade. Rather than having to be researched again if the flak truck is destroyed and then deployed again.

30 Aug 2019, 20:25 PM

The 'Panzer Authorization' upgrade should really be a one off upgrade. Rather than having to be researched again if the flak truck is destroyed and then deployed again.

That just removes any kind of penalty for reckless placing and gives you easily replacable stronger bofors emplacement.
That would be a massive buff for OKW and the exact opposite is the goal, putting some kind of risks and choices to the faction.
30 Aug 2019, 20:26 PM

Keep it on OKW, not other peoples bias and their post history.

As far as the notes go:

Think the KT is still not good enough for 1v1 play, but maybe it doesn't need to be. Maybe it needs to be like the JT/Ele where 99% of its use is in teamgames.

It's finally great to see miragefla's tech split finally being incoorporated to the schwer HQ. Although I still do not like how obers need an active (not destroyed) fully upgraded panzer HQ. It's fine to lock it intially, but if you lose the HQ you can no longer upgrade obers. It makes them become an overexpensive grenadier squad.

I agree with the point on obers. Additionally I think fallschimjaeger are in the same boat. Calling them in if your schwerer is down they will not be able to upgrade.

I think For Falls and obers they should have the condition of once constructed the weapon upgrades are permanently available similar to the KT.
30 Aug 2019, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 20:25 PMKatitof

That just removes any kind of penalty for reckless placing and gives you easily replacable stronger bofors emplacement.

TIL 170 MP and 75 fuel and the time to have it set up doesnt count as a penalty.
30 Aug 2019, 20:38 PM

i think again the mod team is going for the opposite direction and band aid fix (easy fix) instead of a real solution

keep the reduction of starting mp from the previous patch

instated of increasing volks cost, reduce their mid and close dps they deal too much damage there

the panzer HQ tier is still lack cluster and too expensive for what it offers, either reduce further the cost to 20 fu and increase the unlock to 100 fu or put the JP4 in the panzer tier

again with the pfusi we have the same problem as volks, increase/reduction of price are not the solution , increase the dps of the pfusi for what they actually cost, try giving them STV copy or buffing the far range dps of their rifle to gren lvl , the current change will just make them more spammable

30 Aug 2019, 20:44 PM

Although I still do not like how obers need an active (not destroyed) fully upgraded panzer HQ. It's fine to lock it intially, but if you lose the HQ you can no longer upgrade obers. It makes them become an overexpensive grenadier squad.

I think For Falls and obers they should have the condition of once constructed the weapon upgrades are permanently available similar to the KT.

Fair enough. Will look into that.

30 Aug 2019, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 20:25 PMKatitof

Well, we could give SWS truck a longer cool down to prevent this kind of abuse.
30 Aug 2019, 22:19 PM
Patrion 26

Exactly.
The new changes are excessive, the risk/reward of using the flak truck aggressively have changed too much.

Now if you want to be aggressive you not only have to guard it whilst it's unpacking, but also guard it whilst the upgrade researches. Which is a lot more risk for the same reward it originally had.

Also, any chance of adding a basic camo skin for the OKW tiger? Anything would be better than the skin it currently has.
30 Aug 2019, 22:47 PM

I agree with the point on obers. Additionally I think fallschimjaeger are in the same boat. Calling them in if your schwerer is down they will not be able to upgrade.

+1 It's enough of a penalty to have to rebuild the Schwerer to bring in armor.
30 Aug 2019, 22:55 PM

And how long would it be to not impact early game teching and actually do anything in late game?
30 Aug 2019, 23:45 PM

Revert the kt changes... this is simply going to make them even more dominant in the very common KT + ELE/JT combo in teamgames...

The KT should be a unit viable in 4v4 teamgames since balancing it around both is impossible
31 Aug 2019, 00:02 AM

always asked my self, was the jagdpather only used in team game in Vcoh ? was the kt only used in team game in Vcoh ?
31 Aug 2019, 00:06 AM

always asked my self, was the jagdpather only used in team game in Vcoh ? was the kt only used in team game in Vcoh ?

The vcoh jagdpanther didnt have significantly better armor or hp than your standard panthers...

The vcoh KT was also comparable in stats and performance to the tiger ace
31 Aug 2019, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 00:06 AMgbem

The vcoh jagdpanther didnt have significantly better armor or hp than your standard panthers...

The vcoh KT was also comparable in stats and performance to the tiger ace
well then lower it ?
31 Aug 2019, 00:11 AM

well then lower it ?

This would cause alot of wehraboo screeches...
31 Aug 2019, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 00:11 AMgbem

This would cause alot of wehraboo screeches...
well u would need to reduce the price obv
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 168
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L