Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
15 Aug 2019, 01:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2019, 01:15 AMCODGUY
LOL they're making OKW infantry even stronger while still leaving USF lacking effective starting units.

More powerful by not actually buffing the stats of stock troops and making volks more expensive?
15 Aug 2019, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2019, 01:32 AMSerrith

More powerful by not actually buffing the stats of stock troops and making volks more expensive?

They're making Fallschrimjagers cheaper, better and available sooner. Okay, are they at least going to make USF Paratroopers available at CP2? Nope you still have to depend on lame Riflemen.

They are complaining Strums don't "scale well into late game" ugh who the hell cares? Its an engineer unit? How well do Rear Echeleons or Soviet Combat Engineers scale into late game? Do they get buffs? Nope.

And a 10 MP increase to Volks minus 50 MP starting for OKW I doubt is going to make a huge difference.

15 Aug 2019, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2019, 01:37 AMCODGUY

They're making Fallschrimjagers cheaper, better and available sooner. Okay, are they at least going to make USF Paratroopers available at CP2? Nope you still have to depend on lame Riflemen.

They are complaining Strums don't "scale well into late game" ugh who the hell cares? Its an engineer unit? How well do Rear Echeleons or Soviet Combat Engineers scale into late game? Do they get buffs? Nope.

And a 10 MP increase to Volks minus 50 MP starting for OKW I doubt is going to make a huge difference.

Arent they giving falls k98s to start with and full package fg42s only available after tier 3 tech? Doesnt sound more powerful to me.

A nerd to volks even if it's only 10mp is NOT a buff to their strength.

I dont see how any of this constitutes "they're making OKW infantry even stronger".
15 Aug 2019, 01:43 AM

The falls changes are justified... i dont know what ur on codguy...
15 Aug 2019, 01:47 AM

Something like the 6pdr Rapid Maneuvers for the Raketen now that cloak is stationary and retreat is removed?

Cloaking should remain at vet 0 (since it cant cloak while moving now), while add UKF "Rapid Manuaving" at vet 1 abilyty seem fair.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 22:39 PMMaret
Flares for Spec ops could be replaced on recon plane - enemy player should have counter to it. Or if planes for some reasons non-wishable, make it work like brit ability that fires flares for front sectors only.

Why not make like Rifleman/Panzerfuzilier recon flare, seems more balance and reasonable ....
15 Aug 2019, 02:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2019, 01:43 AMgbem
The falls changes are justified... i dont know what ur on codguy...

Okay nevermind on the Fallschrimjagers I stand corrected. We'll have to wait and see how that pans out. But if it were me I'd have them start with MP40s no K98s. On the other hand I'm honestly not sure why they didn't just lower their cost to 350 MP and leave it at that.
15 Aug 2019, 05:44 AM

Then simply swap the MG34 and raketen's places in the tech

I've been banging that particular drum for a while now but, no one seems to be listening.

The changes are interesting but, the Rak is a mess and fixing it will take more than one attempt.
15 Aug 2019, 06:10 AM

I've been banging that particular drum for a while now but, no one seems to be listening.

The changes are interesting but, the Rak is a mess and fixing it will take more than one attempt.

if they move rak to tier 1 then they have to add some other type of anti tank since there will be 0 counter to early clown car
15 Aug 2019, 06:41 AM

A bit confused about volk and tech MP changes.
If my quick in-head math is correct, these MP changes will have something like 10-15 seconds difference on 2nd volk and 5 seconds difference on 3rd, while overall, unless you're going for 6 volks or more, its an MP buff for teching.
15 Aug 2019, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:45 PMSully
Assault Artillary - Still not worth the 200 munitions cost as the circle the shells can fall within is massive. Way too dependent on RNG. I would either like to see the circle reduced in size by 50% or a guaranteed number of shells land dead center so it can be used to reliably destroy static weapons/buildings.

Sturm Officer - Overall the changes are good, but I would like to see some additional utility be added. Smoke nade or regular nade would be nice

Jagtiger - Its cost and or performance need to be addressed now that it's tied to tech. Even as a call in unit is was rarely if ever used. Currently it costs 35 fuel more than an elephant for a little more range and the ability to sink your ammo into a crap mobility upgrade, the ability to fire 2-3 shots through world objects, and an awkward barrage that will maybe tag an infantry model assuming the shells don't collide with terrain as they have little to no arc. Maybe take a look at its vet requirement/bonuses as well.

Opel Blitz - Good changes overall, the reload & ability recharge buffs it gives infantry still feels awkward though.

Command Tiger - Still a lackluster tank. The aura should be passive to be consistent with all other command vehicles. Tone down the bonuses if you have to, but no one will pay munitions to temporarily buff a few squads that have to hug the Tiger while it also gets hit with a debuff to compensate.

Schwerer - Seems like a waste if all you get are vanilla Obers out of it. They're going to have to fight vetted allied infantry and it's not like their LMG/STGs are free either. I also don't feel that the JP4/Ostwind would be too much to add to phase 1.

Sturmpios - Good changes, but I'd like to see shrek not lockout minesweeper.

Raketen - 5 more range and 1 more man won't do much to address the main issue people have with the unit, which is consistency to hit light vehicles and ability to penetrate armored targets. Early game vs an M3 will still be an RNG nightmare, and so will fighting allied heavies late game. Maybe a 1st shot out of camo accuracy/pen bonus?

SturmTiger - Give it back the ability to pierce world objects to fix its horrendous consistency issues and replace its vet 1 ability with either a recon flare or long range smoke canisters.

+1
Thx for your very good post which i support 100%.

15 Aug 2019, 07:05 AM

It's the only AT gun that requires no fuel investment to unlock

Now that is a stupid argument to justify raketen being bad. Using your logic then T0 USF mortars should be nerfed to uselessness and T0 conscripts should suck as they did before the recent buffs...
15 Aug 2019, 07:16 AM

Assault Artillary - Still not worth the 200 munitions cost as the circle the shells can fall within is massive. Way too dependent on RNG. I would either like to see the circle reduced in size by 50% or a guaranteed number of shells land dead center so it can be used to reliably destroy static weapons/buildings.
+1

Sturm Officer - Overall the changes are good, but I would like to see some additional utility be added. Smoke nade or regular nade would be nice
Well, the force retreat sort of fills that role vs HMGs. Just use leig or obersoldaten to smoke.

Jagtiger - Its cost and or performance need to be addressed now that it's tied to tech. Even as a call in unit is was rarely if ever used. Currently it costs 35 fuel more than an elephant for a little more range and the ability to sink your ammo into a crap mobility upgrade, the ability to fire 2-3 shots through world objects, and an awkward barrage that will maybe tag an infantry model assuming the shells don't collide with terrain as they have little to no arc. Maybe take a look at its vet requirement/bonuses as well.
Underrated unit, with proper scouting, provided by the doctrine's panzerfüsilier flares it can terrorize allied armor and emplacements all day. It's a better elephant overall. I usually try to use it on open maps.

Command Tiger - Still a lackluster tank. The aura should be passive to be consistent with all other command vehicles. Tone down the bonuses if you have to, but no one will pay munitions to temporarily buff a few squads that have to hug the Tiger while it also gets hit with a debuff to compensate.
The tank itself is fine, but I agree about the aura it gives, I'm never certain when I should activate it, knowing it will hinder the tank itself.

Schwerer - Seems like a waste if all you get are vanilla Obers out of it. They're going to have to fight vetted allied infantry and it's not like their LMG/STGs are free either. I also don't feel that the JP4/Ostwind would be too much to add to phase 1.
I'm conflicted about it as well. I say it should be down to whether the balance team manages to signal the flak's inactivity somehow, apart from a red disabled icon floating above the building. If not possible, then I wouldn't mind the old, current system staying. In fact in the new system you have to expose the Schwerer HQ before it is even able to fire back.

Sturmpios - Good changes, but I'd like to see shrek not lockout minesweeper.
+1
15 Aug 2019, 07:25 AM

Now that is a stupid argument to justify raketen being bad. Using your logic then T0 USF mortars should be nerfed to uselessness and T0 conscripts should suck as they did before the recent buffs...

Its also cheapest ATG.
Cost as much as USF one, which is - you've guessed it! Bad.
15 Aug 2019, 07:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2019, 06:41 AMKatitof
A bit confused about volk and tech MP changes.
If my quick in-head math is correct, these MP changes will have something like 10-15 seconds difference on 2nd volk and 5 seconds difference on 3rd, while overall, unless you're going for 6 volks or more, its an MP buff for teching.

I think it would be better to just time it ingame, but it's even less than that.

You immediately build the first Volk and you have 288mp/min. With the 2nd Volk you are at a deficit of -40mp (-20, 2x-10) which translates to 8s. The 3rd/4th Volk at say around 260mp/m, at -20mp is barely less than 5s.

While it is indeed small, you get a more fair match up as you are not as overwhelming early on. 1v1 at least, it means that certain fights on which you got to 2v1 (say USF) rifles, it's gonna be even or the other way round and SP is gonna be the defining factor.

AS for the rest of the changes, they look interesting or in the right direction at least. Some seems a bit timid although.

My vote to AT LEAST TEST Sturmpios with sweeper + shreck.
15 Aug 2019, 08:18 AM

They're making Fallschrimjagers (1)cheaper, better and available sooner. (2)Okay, are they at least going to make USF Paratroopers available at CP2? Nope you still have to depend on lame Riflemen.

1)No they just arrive sooner with worse stats.
2)6-man with x2 almost MG42s that fires on the move for 2 CP. Ughhhhh.

They are complaining Strums don't "scale well into late game" (3)ugh who the hell cares? Its an engineer unit? How well do Rear Echeleons or Soviet Combat Engineers scale into late game? Do they get buffs? Nope.

3)Everyone cares when they repair faster and safer. Rear get the 5th man and will get the zooks ,Combat Engineers take 0 bonus damage while repairing (at vet3) and is easy as hell to vet with the flamethrower. Royal engineers get the heavy sapper upgrade. Against all those sturm was getting nothing but an absurd amount of veterancy requirements. Last week I had a game with Sturms getting 42 kills but still being only vet3.
(If you are gonna say take the Pschreck then good luck with the mines)

What else do you want from them ? Take the unit and make it Riflemans mop ?
15 Aug 2019, 08:50 AM

Plz replace Feuersturm Incendiary Munitions by 250/7 mortar halftrack,it have incendiary too,also more nimble can follow OKW attack
And maybe IR.stg44 can upgrade with out Panzer Authorization?
As Thorough Salavge I think maybe it can bundle with Field Defence ability or Assault package ability
And Scavnge Commander Ostwind,I think it can be replace by call in T34/76,limit 1 on field and need Panzer Authorization upgrade
15 Aug 2019, 08:58 AM

good spot™
15 Aug 2019, 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not too sure if the Volksgrenadier changes are enough to fix them. In total, OKW loses about 60 MP (20 starting plus 4x10 for 4 Volk squads).
I mean, this will surely delay OKW a bit, but on the other hands it's only worth about 15-20 seconds of MP income, while Sturmpioniere still put on extreme pressure and have been buffed to scale a bit better into the early-mid game.

I'd say let's see if OKW early game gets less oppressive, since starting resource management is very tricky, but I do have the sentiment that OKW would need to lose a little bit more than that. Time will tell.

Really like the changes to Sturmoffizier, Fallschirmjäger and the Spec Ops commander!
15 Aug 2019, 09:09 AM

Do note that the jagdtiger and elefant... though situational in 1v1 ot 2v2s.... is a common and dominant sight in 4v4
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS