Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
18 Aug 2019, 09:49 AM

That's what double BARs are for though. IMO rifles are some of the best mainlines in the lategame with the investment and the veterancy (but you have to keep them alive lol), and they don't really need help there, especially with excellent sherman HE and good indirect fire options to boot.

They're getting better DPS at mid range in order to make it so that they actually trade well when they're at ideal ranges, and not just barely win out in ideal scenarios (barely because dropping 3 volk models and losing 2 rifle models isn't that great of a trade considering they're more expensive to reinforce and volks will beat rifles pretty handily at long range as they should, and OKW's got a sturmpio out there to trade really well while USF has an RE which can't trade with anything). It's not even going to change point blank engagements anyway if you check the curve too, just more the 6-15 range where they're theoretically supposed to shine and justify that 28 manpower reinforce cost.

I am mainly thinking about the USF vs OST match up. Since grens can only engage in mid to long range, giving riflemen more mid range dps will make OST's early game against USF even worse. OST is already pretty terrible, and I don't want that faction to be unplayable.
18 Aug 2019, 09:51 AM

I think it's a great change for making USF a bit less shaky in the early game versus OKW. I honestly doubt it'll have much weight beyond that, given long range DPS is totally unchanged, but its significant enough in that context alone.

Plus USF is going to need more early game power now that all their late-game indirect fire units got nerfed lol.

I am fine with changes against OKW, but this change would make the OST vs USF even harder to play. OST already have a very terrible early game power, and I don't want them to make it even worse.
18 Aug 2019, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 03:40 AMmrgame2

Rifles have best moving accruacy and good vet bonus.
Imo this buff serious destroy ost infantry and support weapon play. Seems like rifles will become sturm like against grens and mg42 mortars..

The point is, they can already do that... there is no point to buff them even further...
18 Aug 2019, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 09:04 AMmrgame2

I disagree. Allies already have it easier to destroy/decrew lefh than axis, it shouldn't be make easier to invalidate lefh

Stuka divebomb... stuka zu fuss... railway arty... zeroing arty (if u can keep LOS)

Allies have

240mm... il2... TOT... ???
18 Aug 2019, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 09:57 AMgbem

Stuka divebomb... stuka zu fuss... railway arty... zeroing arty (if u can keep LOS)

Allies have

240mm... il2... TOT... ???

Same off map arty plus.

Major arty, brit IS arty, Scott, su85, Jackson, katsuya

Preist calliope commando charge.

From ost pov, i feel it is worst faction to use or counter lefh
18 Aug 2019, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 10:02 AMmrgame2

Same off map arty plus.

Jacksons and su85 countering LeFH???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

playercard please?
18 Aug 2019, 10:07 AM

Paratrooper: Target size from 1.0 to 0.95

Whats up with this stupid change? Paratroopers (especially with LMG) are insanely good already. Why buff them further?
18 Aug 2019, 10:12 AM

Paratrooper: Target size from 1.0 to 0.95

Whats up with this stupid change? Paratroopers (especially with LMG) are insanely good already. Why buff them further?

Please read again that this is being pulled from their vet 3 target size reduction.
18 Aug 2019, 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 06:42 AMmrgame2

I think Jun19 new commander patch dont change meta too much for Ost win rates.

As your stats shown, as i monitor the top 10 ladder on this website.
Ost is worse faction, especially if you dont team up with an OKW player.

The fact that the guy who writes the guy specifically tells you shouldn't draw conclusions about balance based on the numbers presented, should ring you a bell. Specially when the values are low. Anything around a 5% difference is to be expected. If we had values with discrepancies between 10%/20% like years ago, yeah sure.

I guess i have different memory. What's the new Assault Grenadier/Pio-MG-PG/Ostwind strats? I guess there was no need to change the CP requirements to heavies because people were rushing them on teamgames.

The top X ladder on the site is pointless to draw conclusions from. Specially when the stats are dragged since the creation of the account.

Just to be clear. I'm not giving an opinion on which is the best/worst faction/combination. But you shouldn't state as fact your subjective opinion and neither you should use stats which are already outdated based in the latest changes.
18 Aug 2019, 14:03 PM

Please read again that this is being pulled from their vet 3 target size reduction.

Yes and? Whats your point? It´s still a buff because the lower RA is available earlier instead of waiting for vet 3.
18 Aug 2019, 15:39 PM

I don't feel the Pak Howie nerf did a lot, to be quite honest. It still hits regularly, and still will take half health of a unit.
18 Aug 2019, 16:49 PM

I am mainly thinking about the USF vs OST match up. Since grens can only engage in mid to long range, giving riflemen more mid range dps will make OST's early game against USF even worse. OST is already pretty terrible, and I don't want that faction to be unplayable.

Ost should mostly be fighting USF at long range, not mid (mostly except for pgrens, since they'll just body riflemen at mid and close like intended). That's what MG42s are for. There's also sniper to just bleed USF dry too.
18 Aug 2019, 17:10 PM

Ost should mostly be fighting USF at long range, not mid (mostly except for pgrens, since they'll just body riflemen at mid and close like intended). That's what MG42s are for. There's also sniper to just bleed USF dry too.

Lolz, wrong crowd :D
Sniper takes skillz
18 Aug 2019, 17:54 PM

Lolz, wrong crowd :D
Sniper takes skillz

Oof.
18 Aug 2019, 20:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Can we rework the HEAT barrage on the pak howitzer? It's good when it hits armor, 160 damage I think, but it scatters so it isn't able to hit consistantly. It is a barrage so it's not like you can autofire it all the time at armor. It'd be good to have the ability actually be decent at engaging JTs and Elephants. Slow sturdy targets.
18 Aug 2019, 21:06 PM

This all reminds me, can we PLEASE finally fix the 0.5 retreat RA on the M2HB? Do I really need to make a thread in the bugs section on it?

also 50cal has the same slow speed thing that ATG used to have, they move very slow on yellow cover for no reason.
19 Aug 2019, 00:09 AM

Can we rework the HEAT barrage on the pak howitzer? It's good when it hits armor, 160 damage I think, but it scatters so it isn't able to hit consistantly. It is a barrage so it's not like you can autofire it all the time at armor. It'd be good to have the ability actually be decent at engaging JTs and Elephants. Slow sturdy targets.

+1

Making JT and ele counterable though? That's not allowed. Kappa.
19 Aug 2019, 03:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 10:02 AMmrgame2

Same off map arty plus.

Somewhat same off map arty but since allies doesn't have a 1 click uncountable recon ability like spec op flare, which is no brain when combined with zero and still remains untouched.
19 Aug 2019, 04:56 AM

+1

Making JT and ele counterable though? That's not allowed. Kappa.

They are both perfectly counterable, it's just harder to flank anything in teamgames where you have multiple armies to fight and ignoring them isn't an option because the other armies will make up for the lack of AI that the Elephant/Jagdtiger has.

I also like how you didn't mention the ISU 152 as if it isn't ever a force to deal with.
19 Aug 2019, 05:01 AM

They are both perfectly counterable, it's just harder to flank anything in teamgames where you have multiple armies to fight and ignoring them isn't an option because the other armies will make up for the lack of AI that the Elephant/Jagdtiger has.

I also like how you didn't mention the ISU 152 as if it isn't ever a force to deal with.

ISU doesn't 3 hit mediums from range 100 or whatever. ISU is great and absolutely erases infantry but a) it doesn't get shot at by pack howies which is literally the only reason I didn't mention it b) elefant and jagtiger basically hardcounter it the same way jackson hardcounters PIVs so it's more manageable.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS