Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
16 Aug 2019, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 04:27 AMmrgame2

Because its statically proven ost is currently the worse faction.

Is it tho?
Where is that statistic you speak of?
And which mode? Which skill level? Which patch?

Rifles and re buff allows it to trade well against early okw, but now ost is going to fall behind further.
Usf rifles are a beast late game with vet and upgrades.
Cavs and asseng are doctrine and we pretty much accept they are going to rape grens and weapon teams

You have earlier PGs now and are getting even better 251.
Pios already can spot for HMGs and if your HMGs are being raped, you might want to learn to position them properly, because ost WILL outnumber USF, unless USF unlocks all 3 techs or you underproduce infantry force.
16 Aug 2019, 08:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

My only offtopic in the matter. People remember this:

This article also contains a lot of winrates. I would be careful to draw premature conclusions about the state of balance based on these numbers, for a couple of reasons

In this article I will examine map and factions stats taken from automatch games that I retrieved from the 15th of December 2018 to the 19th March 2019

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p6

Meta changing patch: NEW COMMANDER UPDATE - JUNE 14TH 2019

16 Aug 2019, 12:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I don't understand the pak howitzer change. The problem was it obliterated squads when it hit them, not its accuracy of autofire. Now it's just going to obliterate squads "sometimes". Regardless of how frequently something obliterates squads (see KT) it is still frustrating AF for the receiver if there is no counterplay. Just give the brummbar treatment.
16 Aug 2019, 12:53 PM

I like these 2 changes. Pretty vital change I would say.

Riflemen

USF will definitely be better than it used to be, now that the DPS of Riflemen is improved is some ways significantly as they will have better impact on early games.

There is no doubt that the USF blobs will become more stronger than than before, now that this is going to be changed.

Will the Riflemen stats changes influence the weapon upgrades also?

Anyway, another way of seeing this patch as whole change in the games dynamic. Despite the possibility of more USF blobbing, I will be looking forward to this change. Lets see how all this will impact the game.

Rear Echelon

Rear Echelon, well it states the DPS would remain the same but I just hope that it would perform more consistently now that its accuracy is being improved.

I think it would be nicer to see them more frequently used on the field also.

Why improve more of its accuracy for a price increase by 20. Make accuracy like 0.6 / 0.45 / 0.32.

That would be nice, do you not think?

I just like to use any unit available, within any faction. That they should be viable and useful.

I would like to see more use of Rear Echelons!

All in all, Good job Dev team.

16 Aug 2019, 13:03 PM

I don't understand the pak howitzer change. The problem was it obliterated squads when it hit them, not its accuracy of autofire. Now it's just going to obliterate squads "sometimes". Regardless of how frequently something obliterates squads (see KT) it is still frustrating AF for the receiver if there is no counterplay. Just give the brummbar treatment.

Reminds me of the old is-2 that was a meme for missing or wiping. Also the old kv-2... And isu.... The ones that moved away from that design and were all the better for it. I agree that a re-evaluation might be needed for that change
16 Aug 2019, 13:16 PM

What would be a suitable change for improving the Pak howizter?

16 Aug 2019, 13:19 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Small OHK radius, medium blast radius of 50%ish, large blast radius for 35%.
16 Aug 2019, 15:59 PM

Small OHK radius, medium blast radius of 50%ish, large blast radius for 35%.

I agree nerfing the scatter for something that's devestating when hits is just annoying for the user and the target.

Currently I find it's more of an 75-90% ish damage on a whole squad with mabye 1 guy dying if they were at full hp so I think reducing the medium damage would work. That's an instant retreat or squadwipe with followup though.

Also in live the pack howitzer is currently really good if uncountered, but totally useless if a stuka or LEFH is on the field(pzwerfer is a little less potent). I think increasing it's survivability a little bit would help to make it still a useful unit if it's not going be as offensivley potent. As good as it is right now, it still won't pay for itself if one of those 2 units is on the field, there's not much point in even recrewing it. Shouldn't be so strong but also ideally shouldn't be countered so hard.
16 Aug 2019, 16:25 PM

less aoe OHK and more range for autoattack.

The ISG has great range fires really accurate and fast and costs literally nothing for its performance all while volks have free flame nades.

Pack howie is the only reliable way to counter wehr mortar without the mortar half track.
16 Aug 2019, 16:34 PM

Pls no. Not longer range for auto attack.... Make it crewed by Obers all armed with dual lmg before increasing the auto attack. It would be more balanced that way..
16 Aug 2019, 16:39 PM

Pls no. Not longer range for auto attack.... Make it crewed by Obers all armed with dual lmg before increasing the auto attack. It would be more balanced that way..

The unit doesn't have green cover provided like the ISG.

It decrews at 2 models instead of 1 like all other indirect fire units.

It has a target size of 1.25 unlike the ISG of 1.

It costs 45 fuel to unlock and delays tanks or sacrifices an MG unlike snagging the ISG or the Wehr mortar.

It has a long barrage CD as apposed to the ISG.

It costs 70mp more than the ISG

It costs 9 population, which it has since when it used to be a six man unit.

It's chance to one hit kill was nice but there are so many bad things about it that need adjustment.
16 Aug 2019, 16:39 PM

Can we address the US strafing run and how ridiculous it is in this patch too maybe?
16 Aug 2019, 16:46 PM

less aoe OHK and more range for autoattack.

The ISG has great range fires really accurate and fast and costs literally nothing for its performance all while volks have free flame nades.

Pack howie is the only reliable way to counter wehr mortar without the mortar half track.

ISG is ok but I would not consider it that good. It is viable.

What is "OHK" by the way?

I think what would be an interesting feature is for Pack Howizters price to be cheaper in manpower and add ammo to the cost.

An example would be: 260 manpower and 80 ammo for instance (something similar)

At least they would hit the field more at the cost of ammo. I think the MP cost is much although it is pretty powerful
16 Aug 2019, 17:04 PM

Is PAK HOWI still dies with less 3 man? If so no thx
16 Aug 2019, 17:10 PM

The unit doesn't have green cover provided like the ISG.

It decrews at 2 models instead of 1 like all other indirect fire units.

It has a target size of 1.25 unlike the ISG of 1.

It costs 45 fuel to unlock and delays tanks or sacrifices an MG unlike snagging the ISG or the Wehr mortar.

It has a long barrage CD as apposed to the ISG.

It costs 70mp more than the ISG

It costs 9 population, which it has since when it used to be a six man unit.

It's chance to one hit kill was nice but there are so many bad things about it that need adjustment.

Isg cost 55 fuel to unlock tho, doesn’t have green cover, has 40 les barrage range , it’s has lower aoe than a mortar, all in all the isg is a more expensive and worse pm41 the Soviet base mortar
16 Aug 2019, 18:10 PM

ISG is ok but I would not consider it that good. It is viable.

What is "OHK" by the way?

I think what would be an interesting feature is for Pack Howizters price to be cheaper in manpower and add ammo to the cost.

An example would be: 260 manpower and 80 ammo for instance (something similar)

At least they would hit the field more at the cost of ammo. I think the MP cost is much although it is pretty powerful

OHK is one hit kill.

I can see that ammo thing being interesting.
16 Aug 2019, 18:10 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - Version 1.1 Changes

Riflemen

This looks promising. After years of suggesting changes that promote relative positioning an actual chance to that direction.

On the other hand if one is going to increase the mid DPS for Garands one should probably reduce far DPS for BARS solidifying riflemen as mid range oriented units even when upgraded.
16 Aug 2019, 18:11 PM

Isg cost 55 fuel to unlock tho, doesn’t have green cover, has 40 les barrage range , it’s has lower aoe than a mortar, all in all the isg is a more expensive and worse pm41 the Soviet base mortar

The two models behind the unit are effectively in Green Cover.

Not to mention they have a target size of 1 as opposed to a target size of 1.25 on the packhowie.

It has low aoe but high rate of fire and good accuracy and it's cost makes it spammable as OKW is really good on manpower if you can micro.
16 Aug 2019, 18:14 PM

By ur logic the pm 41 is even better, it’s cheaper, more aoe , can self spot, more durability , it does not need to re setup it self every time as it lacks the cone of the isg, and more importantly it CAN retreat

Btw I’m quite sure it does not have green cover
16 Aug 2019, 18:18 PM

By ur logic the pm 41 is even better, it’s cheaper, more aoe , can self spot, more durability , it does not need to re setup it self every time as it lacks the cone of the isg, and more importantly it CAN retreat

Btw I’m quite sure it does not have green cover

PM fires slower, has deathloop, and less range. Sure it costs less but the faction has more manpower bleed and doesn't get to sit next to a forward medical base or near a flakbase.

But yes the PM can retreat. As can the Wehr mortar and the USF mortar.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS