Login

russian armor

September Balance Patch preview [SPBP] - general discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
18 Aug 2019, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 06:31 AMmrgame2

I disagree. Coh is all about uniqueness asymmetry. Fuck making factions similar for 'balance' sake.
Perhaps slow its camo movement more, make it more expensive.
But keep the camo and retreat.
Live raken is fun suprise but not powerful enough to hit heavy tanks anyway.
You lose attention to micro a cameo unit instead of park and leave it, it is all fair in the original intention.

Wow A-moving a camouflaged 50 range tank sniper really takes a lot of micro. That and movement while in camo is absolute cheese, but at the same time it's worse than all the other AT guns at being an actual AAT gun. Asymmetry is good, but this is just a bad mechanic. It'll still be the only AT gun to have nondoc camo and the ability to garrison buildings.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 16:17 PMmrgame2
Hey patchers, i suddenly got an idea!
Now i didnt do the maths but here goes.

What if the cp requirements remains same/more as live games, but every teching and base deployment, gains you more cp. Thus either method, you will reach heavies at the same time as sbp intended.

This allows more flexibility. Those who prefer to fight using low tier units as usual, can do so. Those who are more passive or behind in cp, can use teching to reach heavies.

Instead of forcing all to do the tech, i dont know run back, click tech, build base. Seems a bit superflous.

What do you say?

I dont see sbp encouraging player to build med units for a change, they are just doing extra teching.
Why not give both options like good ol' coh.

That's how it is for every faction except Brits due to design oversight. So that would only affect Brits but for the sake of fairness/consistency that should be done too I guess.
18 Aug 2019, 16:54 PM

I would say ost is only faction to go through all tiers most of the time. Required pak, require p4, require brumbar/wafer.

I think the flexibility of cp or tech should be kept, at same time allow heavies to come either cp or tech, at the same timings. Hence my bright idea
19 Aug 2019, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 16:54 PMmrgame2
I would say ost is only faction to go through all tiers most of the time. Required pak, require p4, require brumbar/wafer.

I think the flexibility of cp or tech should be kept, at same time allow heavies to come either cp or tech, at the same timings. Hence my bright idea

The problem with call-in based tech skipping isn't timing, it's resource investment.

If your opponent goes for a call-in strat, the resources they don't spend on teching go on more light vehicles.

» If you don't tech and build your own lights to match theirs, you'll get stomped into the dirt by a heavy tank to which you have no counter.
» If you tech yourself, you're fighting at a signficant resource disadvantage. You also won't be able to leverage your tech advantage as you need to pump out pre-emptive tank destroyers to deal with the incoming heavy.

And this is hardly the worst of it: there used to be medium call-ins where you'd just drown in sheer numbers once you hit CP9.

Heavy call-ins are an unsalvagable mechanic, and that's why they're being removed.
20 Aug 2019, 11:43 AM

''Conscripts 7th man upgrade
Due to popular sentiment on this upgrade arriving too late, there have been adjustments to make to upgrade arrive sooner, in order to allow Conscripts to function as combat upgraded infantry without relying on doctrinal items or call-ins.''

Explain to me why conscripts even have a 7 man upgrade (regardless of commander) when all main line ostheer units have 4 men????

So 7 man conscripts vs 4 man grenadiers in early game.:lolol::lolol::hansREKT:
20 Aug 2019, 11:47 AM

Due to popular sentiment on this upgrade arriving too late, there have been adjustments to make to upgrade arrive sooner, in order to allow Conscripts to function as combat upgraded infantry without relying on doctrinal items or call-ins.''

Explain to me why conscripts even have a 7 man upgrade (regardless of commander) when all main line ostheer units have 4 men????

Because conscripts are supposed to take lot of casualties while providing low firepower and screen for shittiest support weapons in game, while grens have most powerful support weapons behind them and now best, early game support vehicle as well that gets bloated with utility and easy to vet up(new 251 that spots, heals and bakes brownies for army).

Learn to use tools you have at your disposal, unless you'd rather have less firepower and more men in squads, in which case, there is a specifically well designed doctrine for your personal needs now.

Also, T3 is not early game. Its beginning of mid game.
20 Aug 2019, 16:08 PM

if you are still in the early game by t3 it's not the enemy trash tier mobs pulling you down....
21 Aug 2019, 07:09 AM

if you are still in the early game by t3 it's not the enemy trash tier mobs pulling you down....

You can rush t3 as soviets very easily.
Even with Schwerpanzer changes 4 man obers without weapons won't be able to counter them.

Also with hetzer being so UP OKW have no tank that can properly deal with blobs in the early mid game.

Hetzer joins the field too late because of the high CPs required.
21 Aug 2019, 07:22 AM

also how is hetzer coming out at 8 CPs when is-2 tiger and brit heavies will join at 9 CPs ???????????
21 Aug 2019, 07:32 AM

Please bring back Sturmtiger. Cause OKW is becoming dull few way faction.
21 Aug 2019, 07:38 AM

Also with hetzer being so UP OKW have no tank that can properly deal with blobs in the early mid game.

Hetzer joins the field too late because of the high CPs required.

also how is hetzer coming out at 8 CPs when is-2 tiger and brit heavies will join at 9 CPs ???????????

What are you on about? The Hetzer is 0CP and it's always been 0CP.

21 Aug 2019, 18:18 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

What are you on about? The Hetzer is 0CP and it's always been 0CP.

old hetzer wasn't tech tied 0CP.

ETA on 1.2 mod?
21 Aug 2019, 18:33 PM

old hetzer wasn't tech tied 0CP.

True, I didn't count the dark days before the medium call-ins were tied to tech.

ETA on 1.2 mod?

Hopefully somewhere in the coming days.
aaa
21 Aug 2019, 19:07 PM

Not on patch. Penals are too weak in mid and late.

Last 10 days I tried playing with them TWICE WITH SAME RESULT - drop from rank 300 to 900. Yesterday like 9 loses in a row (with 2 internet disconects)
Without them and and this new doc +9 streak atm

22 Aug 2019, 18:46 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - Version 1.2 Changes
August 22nd 2019

OKW

Starting Resources
We will be closely monitoring how the following change affects line infantry, including panzerfusilliers, who will probably receive a cost reduction in the next version given their lower effectiveness in the early game.
- Manpower further reduced from 320 to 300.

Fallschirmjäger
- Now drops in with 2 FG 42s; second set has no requirements.
- Now gains First Strike +25% accuracy when firing from stealth by default.
- Veterancy 5 First Strike bonus from 50% to an additional 20% bonus, that stacks with the default bonus (1.25 x 1.2 = 1.5 or +50%).

Sturm Offizier
- Now has access to Model 24 Smoke Grenades. 15 munitions.
- Grenade benefits from Veterancy 1 cost reduction and Veterancy 2 ability range. -5 munition cost, +5 range.
- Veterancy 5 now grants -25% weapon cooldown
- Mark Target Received Accuracy penalty from 1.5 to 1.3
- Mark Target tool-tip adjusted; ability does not boost the effectiveness of nearby enemies.

Command Tiger I
- Far AOE damage from 0.1 to 1.75
- Mid AOE distance from 1 to 1.5

King Tiger
- Mid AOE distance from 1 to 1.25
- Far AOE damage from 0.125 to 0.15

Raketen
- Can Retreat once again

Opel Blitz
- CP requirement from 1 to 2

Assault Artillery
- Assault Artillery radius from 50 to 45
- Assault Artillery shell count from 20 to 25

UKF

Comet
- Far AOE damage from 0.175 to 0.2
- AOE mid distance from 0.75 to 1.15

Advanced Emplacements Regiment
- Forward Assembly Repair Sapper range from 30 to 20
- Repair Sappers should no longer instantly respawn if killed
- Advanced Fortifications upgrade cost from 70 munition to 100 manpower and 20 fuel

Bofors
- Rate of fire from 4 to 2
- Reload time from 1.5/2 to 1
- Reload frequency from 1 to 2

Wehrmacht

Grenadiers - Experimental Change
We think Grenadiers are in a good spot in terms of their combat performance, but with only 4 models, they get wiped too easily once heavy indirect fire and big guns start roaming the battlefield. We’d like to trial a change that replaces their veterancy 3 Received Accuracy with a Damage Reduction modifier. This should help Grenadiers survive explosions damage in the late game, without really having an impact on their durability versus small arms fire.
- Veterancy 3 -23% Received Accuracy replaced by -20% damage reduction

Wehrmacht Tech
Ostheer tech is more manpower demanding than other factions. The following two changes are designed to alleviate this slightly, and allow Ostheer to field key units slightly faster, particularly in the early game.

Leichte Mechanized Kompanie
- Manpower cost from 200 to 150

Battle Phase 2
- Manpower cost from 200 to 150

Command Panzer IV
- Fuel cost from 120 to 100

Sdf.kfz 251
- Veterancy 1 Infantry Awareness replaced by Schu Mine. Allows the Half-track to plant a Schu Mine for 30 munitions. 10 second plant time.
- Healing rate from 0.25 to 0.4

Sdf.kfz 250 Mortar Halftrack
- Incendiary Barrage now matches those fired by the LeIG. Fires 4 rounds over the target area.
- Incendiary Barrage cost from 45 to 35.

Tiger I
- Far AOE damage from 0.1 to 1.75
- Mid AOE distance from 1 to 1.5

Osttruppen Supply Drop
- CP requirement from 4 to 3

Jaeger Command Squad
- CP requirement from 3 to 2

USF

Pershing
- Far AOE damage from 0.2 to 0.225
- Mid AOE distance from 0.35 to 0.4
- HVAP cost from 90 to 60.

Soviets

Mobilize Reserves
Seven man conscripts were proving too potent with only the Molotov and AT grenade requirements, especially in conjunction with the price reduction in Soviet Tier 2 tech, and the traditional Soviet T70 power spike at very similar timing. The following change will represent a more meaningful choice for Soviet players.
- Mobilize reserves now costs 25 fuel and 100 Manpower to unlock
- It still requires Molotov and AT Grenade tech, in addition to Soviet T3 being built.

Combat Engineers
- Mosin Nagant rifle now matches those used by Conscripts
- Damage from 16 to 12
- Accuracy from 0.518/0.449/0.334 to 0.757/0.660/0.557

Airborne Guards
- DP-28 drop rate from 0.33 to 0.1

IS-2
- Far AOE damage from 0.135 to 0.2
- Mid AOE distance from 1 to 1.35
- Fragmentation round damage mid from 0.35 to 0.5
- Fragmentation round far damage from 0.135 to 0.2

Partisans
- Concussive Trap plant time from 15 to 10
- Concussive Trap cost from 15 to 10
22 Aug 2019, 19:08 PM

I am so glad that the Soviets were given three alternative healing methods for the infantry to compete with the opposing faction. Oh no ... I see a HT and Opel Blitz healing ... maybe I'm blind? Or was the Wehrmacht and OKW not healing enough?
aaa
22 Aug 2019, 19:14 PM

Consider to give upgraded penals "ura" ability and longer ATsatchel range for limiting engine crit of ATsatchel to 5 sec. Currently luchs rush is their doom. Any tank is their doom.

Another option is 5 sec. immobilising shot (guards ability).
ddd
22 Aug 2019, 19:16 PM

Hahaha i called it out. Take damage reduction from USF unit because "no other unit has it". Then give it to axis unit because why not. Obers are next. Btw pershing still sucks.
22 Aug 2019, 19:19 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Fallschirmjäger
- Now drops in with 2 FG 42s; second set has no requirements.
- Now gains +25% accuracy when firing from stealth.
- Veterancy 5 provides an additional 20% bonus.

Does it mean, that they:
1. Have +50% accuracy bonus from stealth with vet 5?
2. Additional +25% accuracy from stealth on the start?
3. Vet 5 bonus now not 50%, but 70%?
And in total - +95%?

Bofors
- Rate of fire from 4 to 2
- Reload time from 1.5/2 to 1
- Reload frequency from 1 to 2

Finally firing animation match with real rate of fire. Thank you for that fix!
Only Relic postRelic 22 Aug 2019, 19:21 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 19:16 PMddd
Hahaha i called it out. Take damage reduction from USF unit because "no other unit has it". Then give it to axis unit because why not. Obers are next. Btw pershing still sucks.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
22 Aug 2019, 19:23 PM

Raketen probably needs a price bump if retreat stays.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS