Login

russian armor

September Balance Patch preview [SPBP] - general discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
23 Aug 2019, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 13:59 PMgbem

the point of my feedback isnt about the lack of healing in a vacuum... the point of my feedback is very much relevant to the balance team... and ill summarize it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
make soviet T2 viable

T2 viability is completely irrelevant to stock healing options for Soviets and Ostheer.

In this patch t2 units get the following buffs:

Feel free to test these changes and provide useful feedback on them
23 Aug 2019, 17:35 PM

Why is the rak getting retreat back? There's half the reason the cloak is cheesy, its not just the creeping
23 Aug 2019, 17:36 PM

Why is the rak getting retreat back? There's half the reason the cloak is cheesy, its not just the creeping
cause it has 55 range and lacks the shield (yes the shield exist and works for most at guns sander tested it)

fell free to exchange pupchen for usf at gun with different abilities
23 Aug 2019, 17:41 PM

cause it has 55 range and lacks the shield (yes the shield exist and works for most at guns sander tested it)

And? It still has camo, has a 5th man, and is still wildly cheaper

23 Aug 2019, 17:43 PM

And? It still has camo, has a 5th man, and is still wildly cheaper

camo is at vet1, do we count at gun with vet ability ? cause if so usf at gun has + 10 range and 70 vision
23 Aug 2019, 17:43 PM

camo is at vet1, do we count at gun with vet ability ? cause if so usf at gun has + 10 range and 70 vision

No that costs muni. Camo does not, but you knew that already...
23 Aug 2019, 17:49 PM

No that costs muni. Camo does not, but you knew that already...
last time i check it was free and timed tho , maybe u referring to the pen rounds ?

Take Aim! now a timed ability. 20 seconds, 60 second recharge.
23 Aug 2019, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 16:34 PMSully

Something I haven't seen discussed, but does significantly impact team games are the changes to medics. Mainly the above change, which caps their radius of target acquisition to 20. Doing some tests on 2v2 maps where team mates share a base area, it seems that 20 is slightly too small even with perfect placement to reach the retreat points of both players. This might not sound like a big deal, but it is a huge hit to QoL, and it seems like it's not really necessary. I'd like the range upped to 25 and see how that feels.

Interesting points. However, I still think the intended QoL improvement is superior to the lack of being able to use one healing option to reach both bases.
23 Aug 2019, 17:55 PM

last time i check it was free and timed tho , maybe u referring to the pen rounds ?

Take Aim! now a timed ability. 20 seconds, 60 second recharge.

Nope thought they gave it a Muni cost too, my mistake

It doesn't really have anything to do with raketen retreat though, which shouldn't be a thing. AT guns shouldn't retreat period imo

And idk why you think they need the US at gun?
23 Aug 2019, 18:04 PM

Nope thought they gave it a Muni cost too, my mistake

It doesn't really have anything to do with raketen retreat though, which shouldn't be a thing. AT guns shouldn't retreat period imo
when they fix it ok, or again as i said use the usf at gun with different abilities
23 Aug 2019, 18:06 PM

when they fix it ok, or again as i said use the usf at gun with different abilities

It was given the 5th man, that's enough to not need retreat. Pak, 6lber, 57 all have 4 men
23 Aug 2019, 18:17 PM

It was given the 5th man, that's enough to not need retreat. Pak, 6lber, 57 all have 4 men
it has retreat and 5th man for the lack of shield and 5 less range

again i'm all in to make it a usf at gun with different abilities
23 Aug 2019, 18:43 PM

Yeah It was pretty retarded that they double slapped the osttruppen reserve with a double nerf, by both shortening the time of the ability and increasing the requirement of losses for a new unit. That made it go from decent to completely useless real quick :clap:

I mean the ability in mobile defense.

Relief Infantry is decent-ish, but comes so late Osttruppen will be 100% useless in combat.
23 Aug 2019, 19:29 PM

I'm aware of what it has. It doesn't need the ability to retreat...
23 Aug 2019, 19:59 PM

At this point, it's so close to a normal ATG. Just make it a Pak or 57mm clone, it would solve almost every problem with the unit (stealth ambushes, retreat, hitting the ground a lot, no shield, etc.).
23 Aug 2019, 20:05 PM

Interesting points. However, I still think the intended QoL improvement is superior to the lack of being able to use one healing option to reach both bases.

I think the sprinting medics is enough of a fix without having to reduce the search radius to the point of making 2v2+ annoying. Upping it to 25 should be enough.
23 Aug 2019, 20:20 PM

I'm aware of what it has. It doesn't need the ability to retreat...

because its still the worst AT gun in the game, with the horrible survivability, as stuglife said we'd be happy if it had the USF at guns stats and loses retreat, what do you think about that?
23 Aug 2019, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 20:20 PMAlphrum

because its still the worst AT gun in the game, with the horrible survivability, as stuglife said we'd be happy if it had the USF at guns stats and loses retreat, what do you think about that?

Would you be happy about it being tied to a tech choice and requiring fuel to unlock? My guess is no

Of course you'd be happy making it a much much better AT gun. You can't when its that cheap and requires nothing to build
23 Aug 2019, 20:31 PM

Would you be happy about it being tied to tech and requiring fuel to unlock? My guess is no

then what about a clone of the zis ? make it come after first truck call in so it's even more expensive than zis tech (25 fuel vs 10)

or a clone of the usf after tier truck call in ? (always 25 fuel, a bit cheaper than usf but no free officer)

or a clone of the ukf one always after first truck call in ?
23 Aug 2019, 20:38 PM

then what about a clone of the zis ? make it come after first truck call in so it's even more expensive than zis tech (25 fuel vs 10)

or a clone of the usf after tier truck call in ? (always 25 fuel, a bit cheaper than usf but no free officer)

or a clone of the ukf one always after first truck call in ?

I proposed just giving them the pak40 years ago. I got shouted down for wanting the game to be age of empires, this is an even more extreme version of that
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS