Login

russian armor

Soviet - Airbourne feedback

PAGES (13)down
21 Mar 2019, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 14:15 PMNosliw
There should be a requirement to actually play the commander before posting.

Agree but at the moment you can´t actually test it because SVT drop is bugged and T0 medics don´t work when you equip this doctrine so your infantry will never be able to have decent fights which makes properly testing the doctrine impossible.
21 Mar 2019, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 14:06 PMVipper

I am not against synergy, I am against abilities that hard to balance and create more issues that they actually solve.

You are complaining about other factions being able to get a weapon drop that NERFS their guns and about UNTESTED POSSIBILITY BASED ON PURE THEORYCRAFT that most shitty squad in game might actually become viable if you double down on certain faction and pick not one but TWO specific doctrines.

That's pretty much as being against synergy as humanely possible.
21 Mar 2019, 15:16 PM

Regarding the animation ofAirborne, it is impossible to impose Soviet skins on the animation of the US Airborne Forces or the German FFallschirmjägers? Or is it a conscious choice of animation?
21 Mar 2019, 15:57 PM

so in test mod whenever i tech medics they do not work when using this commander
21 Mar 2019, 15:59 PM

Well, I played yesterday and I have two points. Aside from the bugs.
The "Airborne Guards" is not bad, but feels weird to use. The 3 DPs don't have synergy with the smoke grenade and the ouurah. My suggestion is to change the weapon upgrade to become an assault unit or change the abilities to something more defensive.
The Weapon drop is cool, Conscripts could actually do well in late game. But IMO would be WAY cooler and fun if the drops were random weapons and not just SVT.
IL-2 strafe is good, not OP, damage something like 30% of a pz4 life, well balanced.
Dshk synergies well with the commander.
I did not test the Airborne Rally Point because is bugged.
Best commander so far (In terms of concept and abilities synergy)
21 Mar 2019, 16:56 PM

Is it me or do the SVT not show up on the models when they pick up the weapons. Engineers & Cons don't show the SVT when equipped. The only models that do show equipped are the penals.
21 Mar 2019, 17:02 PM

Is it me or do the SVT not show up on the models when they pick up the weapons. Engineers & Cons don't show the SVT when equipped. The only models that do show equipped are the penals.

The ability does not work, you spend 45 ammunition and instead of SVT-40 you get 25 ammunition.
21 Mar 2019, 17:30 PM

Copied over from other thread for discussion here.

- Airborne Guards feel pretty strong with 3X DP but need to have their veterancy redone as they currently have the crappy PPSH Guard Vet (Trip Wires and nobody wants Grenade range at Vet 3 for smoke grenades lol).
In addition to standard Racc/Acc I'd like to see something like Vet 1 Self Heal and Vet 3 Suppressing Fire Ability similar to Paratroopers or Obers.

- Oorah and Smoke Grenades feel really out of place on this unit - LMG units don't need to close distance and smoke just clouds their own max distance attacks. Consider changing them to something more usable or thematic?

- I'm on the fence about the AT strafe. For the price it's not bad but I'd just see people using it to cheese wipe units in garrisons instead of using it on snared/stunned tanks as intended. I know it's not thematic but I'd hope for a Command T34/85 or some kind of armor call-in to be the commander's late game AT option since the commander is already pretty munitions heavy. OR offering Guards another way to slow down tanks to combo with strafe would be a great idea as well.

- Another thematic option might be some kind of "spotting plane" upgrade for SU85 and/or T34 which would let them call down a watered down Mark Target that provides just LOS and maybe increased accuracy or penetration.
22 Mar 2019, 14:25 PM

The commander is fine but I feel like its lacking in the AT department (strafing is fine but not sure how well this works in real time). The commander seem to me more man power heavy.
22 Mar 2019, 19:30 PM

How did this preview get released? When I tried it the AI refused to tech up. I tried to use Soviet airborne against an Expert OST AI and it was nothing but Pios and MG42s. I dont see anything about this in the 1.1 notes either so was it just a one-time thing?
Only Relic postRelic 22 Mar 2019, 19:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

How did this preview get released? When I tried it the AI refused to tech up. I tried to use Soviet airborne against an Expert OST AI and it was nothing but Pios and MG42s. I dont see anything about this in the 1.1 notes either so was it just a one-time thing?

This mod is a fair bit more complicated under the hood than a standard tuning pack. Some of the work we've had to has affected the ai, and other core functions.

To quote one of our illustrious modders;

"We're doing a lot of dynamic replacement of starting buildings. Soviet, Ostheer, and OKW can be made to use the config to replace the buildings that might be able to help with AI. Any army with a stamp based base, i.e. US and Brits can't be properly overridden this way because we can't have custom stamps in wincondition packs. Since an entity spawns the stamp, the spawned entities of the stamp can't be replaced "Properly" so all is done in runtime."

For now at least the AI won't work properly, but we're testing out this fix.

In the meantime, try to arrange games with other players through the Discord channel: https://discord.gg/mRYSckX
22 Mar 2019, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 19:56 PMAndy_RE

In the meantime, try to arrange games with other players through the Discord channel: https://discord.gg/mRYSckX

Thanks for the info
22 Mar 2019, 21:41 PM
Patrion 26

Now that the weapon drops work this commander is fun, but the lack of call-in armour means it's too weak to be worth using in 1vs1, it could be a lot of fun in team matches, but it doesn't have much for the late game.
The air call-in is great but would be so much better/useful as a loiter.

If the para-guards had an AT upgrade that would make up for the lack of decent late game AT. Perhaps extra powerful PTRS rifles and a version of mark target.
22 Mar 2019, 21:50 PM

Is there any plan on how the SVT drop will interact with teammates?
23 Mar 2019, 12:37 PM

A few questions:
Airborne 3 CP - and there is no self-healing, the point of retreat does not solve it. Airborne of all factions has self-healing.

DP-27 shoots only without movement, there are no alternatives - or to give the opportunity to fire from DP in motion with fines. Or give an alternative to the PD - AVT, PPSH, etc.
23 Mar 2019, 20:20 PM

Is it intended that medical crate drop from reinforce point can be dropped literally anywhere on the map?

Also, its the ost medical crate paradrop, which means it buffs rec acc and acc by ~15% per crate, stacking 3 times.

And lastly, what is the point of SVT drop?
I mean, outside of spamming SVT CEs, what's the point of even having the ability at all?

For conscripts, in close range, it adds ~5,5 DPS and at long range it adds ~3 DPS.
Cost to effectiveness, these values are meme worthy and pretty outrageously low, especially for 45 muni, which is a cost of actual weapon upgrades that do add meaningful DPS at all ranges and on the move(gren/PG G43s).

For that kind of low increase, I don't see the reason to use it at all and just pray for weapon drop from opponent for cons.

Is there any plan on how the SVT drop will interact with teammates?

Which team mates?
The only squads that don't have access to better small arms are conscripts and combat engineers.
Tommie lee enfields are much stronger and so are Rifles Garands.
23 Mar 2019, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 13:29 PMKatitof

Droppable weapons allow weapon upgrade for multiple units without having to meddle with every single unit properties, therefore diminishing possibility of bugs.
As much as you hate them with passion, synergies between factions and commanders ENHANCE the team game experience, not ruin it.

You know, there is this thing could boundaries, they set the upper and lower limit of, in this case, factions balance. If you want a counter example, imagine you remove popcap restriction, then panthers would become monsters because you could get more than 3 of them, crazy bonkers, or arming riflemen with 5 bars, same logic. The same goes for faction interactions.

Additionally, if brit weapon drops do not create any problems in team games that wouldn't be addressed already(dual LMG cons), then a much weaker weapon in form of SVT won't either.
I could bring multiple other examples and ask you why you were silent about balance about them, so lets go:

Ost buffing healing crates drop, it makes OKW infantry so batshit insanely OP its not even funny, everything from sturmpios to obers and all in between gets such massive boost that we have flashbacks from early OKW days. You're silent about these crates meant clearly for less potent ost infantries. You never had a problem with that.

Ost fuel drops kicking OKW teching speed into overdrive. Elaboration isn't need, we've seen 10 minutes King Tigers in team games. You never had a problem with that.

As i said earlier, all faction interactions are already considered and balance in some way. Most supportive commanders tend to be lackluster for 1v1s. Even UKF sharing weapons have a pretty meh commander in it. Hence no unbalance to the OP side, maybe many of supportive commanders are UP and thats why they are not used, but maybe player skill or diversity of strategies are the only argument to keep them UP.
The new commander giving SVTs is not checked at all, therefore breaks some limits and since the patch is driven by community votes it does not mean its being revised into the limits within the faction.

Literally OKW abilities and units being given to Ost through new commanders. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

Axis command units affecting allies while allies command units not doing the same. Again, you don't seem to have a problem with that.

I can agree with you on that, cloning faction abilities is not ideal, but maybe not as important as the topic being discussed here at all.

Maybe if people let go Ego and start thinkin in overall gameplay with all factions these kind of situations wouldnt happen
23 Mar 2019, 20:48 PM

The new commander giving SVTs is not checked at all, therefore breaks some limits and since the patch is driven by community votes it does not mean its being revised into the limits within the faction.

*ekhm*
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2019, 20:20 PMKatitof

The only squads that don't have access to better small arms are conscripts and combat engineers.
Tommie lee enfields are much stronger and so are Rifles Garands.

There is no non soviet faction that would even remotely benefit from SVT drop in a cost efficient way over their own STOCK weapon upgrades.

The only UNITS where SVTs are NOT a direct NERF of the unit in context of above are
-combat engineers
-conscripts
And out of these two, only CEs are getting a MEANINGFUL performance increase as they carry wooden sticks that make sound instead of actual guns and that would, again, be useful ONLY if flamer didn't existed.

In fact, the ONLY cost efficient and effective use of current SVT drop is to give it to SWEEPER CEs, so they are actually capable of getting vet.

For all non soviet infantry, SVT drop LOWERS squads DPS, unless its USF RETs, who, as I have already mentioned, have STOCK access to BETTER weapon in form of BAR.
23 Mar 2019, 21:37 PM

Fair point then, i didnt consider that svt would mean a weapon nerf. Now i see what you mean and i was incorrect.

I was really curious if the AVT weapon upgrade for paraguards were to be implemented
23 Mar 2019, 21:45 PM

Conscripts with the SVTs seem pretty damn strong from the one game I played with some friends. I'm a bit hazy as to how exactly they work (since my teammate was the one using them) but even just conceptually a cons squad with SVTs is miles more cost efficient than a penal squad and has better utility.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS