PAGES (13)down
24 Mar 2019, 19:25 PM

OMG, imagine RE with heavy engineer upgrade and SVT... NOOOO WAY
24 Mar 2019, 19:27 PM

This is basically Penals with brits halftrack weaponry all over again guys
24 Mar 2019, 19:29 PM

A self buffing loop of infinite doooooooom!

Haha :jk:

Seriously, i like the svt weapon upgrade idea but being shared between factions its a little bit wonky
24 Mar 2019, 20:52 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

SVT drops are also next to useless for other factions (much worse than Brens and BARs) while potentially giving Soviet Cons strats new life.

This can't happen. Cons only have one weapon slot.

Not true, PPSH and PTRS are both equippable on cons.

Not sure if it was already stated, but wanted to make sure that people know this is a thing you can 100% do. Just like ppsh cons and the vickers drops.
24 Mar 2019, 21:20 PM

Not sure if sarcasm or serious, I'll just assume sarcasm.

Yeah, minus the weapon upgrade actually being useful on infantry that matters.

I'll somehow survive CEs suddenly being able to stand up to pios...
24 Mar 2019, 21:47 PM

Jesus its only svt not mg42 u are guys just ridiculus. Maybe sometimes u are right vipper but now this is just pathetic, enginers spam with svt new meta? Yeah because rear e. with bars are so meta right now. Or better why soviet enginers with vickers is not meta? I hope mod team is not stupid and will not listen cheap conspiracy theory.
24 Mar 2019, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 21:20 PMKatitof

Not sure if sarcasm or serious, I'll just assume sarcasm.

Yeah, minus the weapon upgrade actually being useful on infantry that matters.

I'll somehow survive CEs suddenly being able to stand up to pios...

Except numbers proved your wrong on both points.

love how you are trying to do mental gymnastic and underplaying stv throught semantics while specifically avoiding the posts where actual arguments are brought.

Rich from someone spending half the time here throwing bias accusations at people.
24 Mar 2019, 22:11 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If your post contains insults, you might be get it invised ;) If you want your post to be guaranteed to not get invised, follow site rules and leave out insults and personal attacks. :)
24 Mar 2019, 22:28 PM

Except numbers proved your wrong on both points.

love how you are trying to do mental gymnastic and underplaying stv throught semantics while specifically avoiding the posts where actual arguments are brought.

Rich from someone spending half the time here throwing bias accusations at people.

The numbers are 4,5 DPS increase at close range and 2 DPS increase at long range.

These are the numbers.

This is why I have said vippers % values are manipulative - they are not wrong, but they most certainly do not tell full story.

In theory, boost of 0,01 DPS is also a DPS increase that would "prove me wrong", but my argument is -NOT- proven wrong at all, my argument is that increase for the cost is laughably low and numbers only -CONFIRM- that. Take literally any other weapon upgrade, check HOW MUCH ACTUAL DPS THEY ADD and then come back here.

If weapon upgrade should be % increase, then LMG42 deserves a massive nerf to the level of Brens or even DP-28s.

If weapon upgrade should increase DPS by at least 6 to 8 DPS(the weakest weapon up until now costing 45 muni, DP-28), then SVTs are quite underpowered here.

If weapon upgrade that function as sherable, therefore between team sharing is intended, then weapon upgrade that LOWERS DPS of squads is as underpowered as it gets.

Numbers, actual DPS numbers only support me.
24 Mar 2019, 22:31 PM

Jesus its only svt not mg42 u are guys just ridiculus. Maybe sometimes u are right vipper but now this is just pathetic, enginers spam with svt new meta? Yeah because rear e. with bars are so meta right now. Or better why soviet enginers with vickers is not meta? I hope mod team is not stupid and will not listen cheap conspiracy theory.

If your post contains insults, you might be get it invised ;) If you want your post to be guaranteed to not get invised, follow site rules and leave out insults and personal attacks. :)

Playing dumb now? Numbers dont lie...
24 Mar 2019, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 22:28 PMKatitof

The numbers are 4,5 DPS increase at close range and 2 DPS increase at long range.
If weapon upgrade should increase DPS by at least 6 to 8 DPS, then SVTs are quite underpowered here.

Again, you are right and your point of view is true. LMG42 does actually give 200% at close and 2.6 to 13.5 farest dps (A lot of %%%). With this kind of comparison its really hard to make a point, since points of view change so drastically before anyone makes a conclusion. SVT have some cheese, that was proven but they are not going to break the game tho.

To me the ability is interesting, i like factions interacting with each others, as i said before, the only thing i distrust is all the possible scenarios.

The only thing i dont support is how you use escepticism to force your claims. I mean, if you know that is not that impactful, but just say it. I was wondered in the first place for such combinations posibilities, and maybe they are not THAT impactful but they are not absolutly trash as you try to picture too.
24 Mar 2019, 22:50 PM

In context, his post is hardly worth invising.

sry shadowlink, i tried to say that SupremeStefan was playing dumb, not you
24 Mar 2019, 22:53 PM

The only thing i dont support is how you use escepticism to force your claims. I mean, if you know that is not that impactful, but just say it. I was wondered in the first place for such combinations posibilities, and maybe they are not THAT impactful but they are not absolutly trash as you try to picture too.

But that's the thing.. in context of other factions stock weapon upgrades, in context of special weapons regiment halftruck dropping weapons existing, in context of us actually having 45 muni weapon upgrades in game providing BOUNDLED upgrades of DPS+utility, in context of all of that, SVTs -ARE- as trash as I picture them.

USF will never want them, because BARs.
UKF will never want them, because Brens, Vickers and now Thompsons, anyone believing they'll be useful on REs clearly doesn't know how to use REs in CQC or understands that heavy sappers are much better with bren or vickers, which is supported by actual DPS numbers instead of some imaginary engineer meta, especially after literally all engineer spam strats from all factions were butchered years ago and if they didn't worked with much stronger weapons they have, they most certainly aren't going to suddenly be strong with much weaker weapon option.
And if you think that 4,5 DPS increase will suddenly make almost 40 DPS PPSH cons OP in any way, well, feel free to explain to me how, given 90+ muni on squad in that configuration.
24 Mar 2019, 23:11 PM

These are the numbers.

This is why I have said vippers % values are manipulative - they are not wrong, but they most certainly do not tell full story.

In theory, boost of 0,01 DPS is also a DPS increase that would "prove me wrong", but my argument is -NOT- proven wrong at all, my argument is that increase for the cost is laughably low and numbers only -CONFIRM- that. Take literally any other weapon upgrade, check HOW MUCH ACTUAL DPS THEY ADD and then come back here.

If weapon upgrade should be % increase, then LMG42 deserves a massive nerf to the level of Brens or even DP-28s.

If weapon upgrade should increase DPS by at least 6 to 8 DPS(the weakest weapon up until now costing 45 muni, DP-28), then SVTs are quite underpowered here.

If weapon upgrade that function as sherable, therefore between team sharing is intended, then weapon upgrade that LOWERS DPS of squads is as underpowered as it gets.

Volks stg increase close dps by roughly 5 and NERFS its dps of almost 1 point, i guess it's not a good upgrade since it doesn't fit those "requirements", especially considering its cost.

It's almost like unit cost + models count and utility are the actual reason why dp28 is worse than mg42, and stv is a strong upgrade for cons.

Wait, wasn't it the "muh OPIE no brainer upgrade ?", all of the sudden a cheaper upgrade with an extremely similar dps increase and that s also no brainer is shit ?

Since CE flamer + double stv is totally fine pios + flamer + double volks stg is fine too, right ?

TL-DR: when cons will have 4 models the stv upgrade will be considered "weak" and when guards will have 4 models dp28 will perform like mg42.
24 Mar 2019, 23:19 PM

These are the numbers.

Your number hardly tell the full story.

This is your opinion so do not present as a fact. The is no rule that say the weapons upgrades should increase the DPS by 6-8.

And you stats are actually wrong a single DP increase the far DPS of Guard squad by 4.9 not 6-8, while reduce the DPS bellow range 7 or while moving.

Let me remind you that according to your prediction, Penal buff on 24 June patch would cause no troubles and yet it was proven to be utterly broken.

So forgive me but I do not to take you opinion predictions.
24 Mar 2019, 23:20 PM

Volks stg increase close dps by roughly 5 and NERFS its dps of almost 1 point, i guess it's not a good upgrade since it doesn't fit those "requirements", especially considering its cost.

It's almost like unit cost + models count and utility are the actual reason why dp28 is worse than mg42, and stv is a strong upgrade for cons.

Wait, wasn't it the "muh OPIE no brainer upgrade ?", all of the sudden a cheaper upgrade with an extremely similar dps increase and that s also no brainer is shit ?

Since CE flamer + double stv is totally fine pios + flamer + double volks stg is fine too, right ?

TL-DR: when cons will have 4 models the stv upgrade will be considered "weak" and when guards will have 4 models dp28 will perform like mg42.

Volk STGs add ~5,8 DPS PER RIFLE.
SVTs add ~4,5 AS A PACKAGE OF 3.
Identically costing gren G43s add 5 DPS PER RIFLE at close range, 80% moving accuracy and interrogation ability for the same cost of 45 muni.

Do you start to see my point yet?

And no, volk STGs do not nerf DPS at any range, its DPS increase at all ranges, at range 34 its lowest increase of 2, but its still an increase, close and mid range, as pointed out is very meaningful.
24 Mar 2019, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 23:20 PMKatitof

Volk STGs add 5 DPS PER RIFLE.
SVTs add 4,5 AS A PACKAGE OF 3.

At what range? Cherry picking ranges now?

Actually at range 35 the ST has less DPS than the K98 (range 35 ST 1.446 K98 1.807 source Cruzz)

Your number might not wrong (it not even worth checking), "but they most certainly do not tell full story."
24 Mar 2019, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 23:23 PMVipper

At what range? Cherry picking ranges now?

Actually at range 35 the ST has less DPS than the K98

Your number might not wrong (it not even worth checking), "but they most certainly do not tell full story."

Cherry picking ranges as well I see?
Check that DPS at range 34.
24 Mar 2019, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2019, 23:25 PMKatitof

Cherry picking ranges as well I see?
Check that DPS at range 34.

Check my post I have provide the DPS increase at range 0/10/20/30/35.

You have claimed that ST44 increase the DPS 5.8 pls provide the ranges where it does and the source.
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS