Login

russian armor

Soviet - Airbourne feedback

PAGES (13)down
11 May 2019, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 11:48 AMLago

Guards ones might work.

Bulletins are almost pointless though so I'd hardly worry about it not having them. It's not as if anyone'd actually use an Airborne Guards bulletin in place of a Conscript or Penal Troops one.

Shock troops are my main unit so I use a 10% reduction suppression bulletins
11 May 2019, 12:05 PM

Shock troops are my main unit so I use a 10% reduction suppression bulletins

Those might make a difference.
11 May 2019, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 09:25 AMVipper
minimum:
remove sprint front Dhsk, reduce close DPS at vet 3

What? Why?
12 May 2019, 02:11 AM

What? Why?

sprint was removed from all HMG for good reason, Dhsk is the only exception.
12 May 2019, 04:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 02:11 AMVipper

sprint was removed from all HMG for good reason, Dhsk is the only exception.

+1
12 May 2019, 19:37 PM

I wasn't around when those good reasons were discussed -- what was it?

This is also the only doctrinal HMG, making it a bland copy of the .50 cal is silly IMO.
13 May 2019, 02:43 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I wasn't around when those good reasons were discussed -- what was it?

This is also the only doctrinal HMG, making it a bland copy of the .50 cal is silly IMO.

The reason was the MG would get flanked by an opposing squad, then it would pack up, sprint away and reface at the flanking squad and suppress it. Very unfun and unrewarding for the attacking player to flank an MG correctly and have it all thrown away at the press of a button.
13 May 2019, 06:14 AM

The reason was the MG would get flanked by an opposing squad, then it would pack up, sprint away and reface at the flanking squad and suppress it. Very unfun and unrewarding for the attacking player to flank an MG correctly and have it all thrown away at the press of a button.

Fair enough, though it seems that can be fixed without removing the mechanic altogether. Some kind of cool down like 'fire up' where maybe the MG can't shoot immediately thereafter. But whatever.
24 May 2019, 16:31 PM

Dhsk as call in unit costs 300 yet it reinforces at the same cost as maxim at 20.

Reinforcement cost should be increased accordingly to price.
24 May 2019, 16:37 PM

For Lend Lease, I assume?

Airborne one is a drop in and is based on who you recrew with, I'm guessing.
24 May 2019, 16:54 PM

For Lend Lease, I assume?

Airborne one is a drop in and is based on who you recrew with, I'm guessing.

There 2 doctrines that can call-in Dhsk.

Reinforcement cost for re crewed weapons is all over the place and depends on the who owned the weapon originally.
24 May 2019, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2019, 16:31 PMVipper
Dhsk as call in unit costs 300 yet it reinforces at the same cost as maxim at 20.

Weapon team's price is determined not only by the cost of the crew, but the cost of the gun. Reinforcement cost only takes into account the cost of the crew, though. The DShK team reinforces the same as the Maxim because the DShK is more expensive but the crew is identical.
24 May 2019, 18:34 PM

Weapon team's price is determined not only by the cost of the crew, but the cost of the gun. Reinforcement cost only takes into account the cost of the crew, though. The DShK team reinforces the same as the Maxim because the DShK is more expensive but the crew is identical.

I know but more Dhsk is one of the most expensive Hmgs and the reinforcement price is one of the cheapest.

The price of the weapon itself is currently arbitrary.

Either all hmg need to reinforce with the same price or they should all reinforce according to the price of the team weapon
24 May 2019, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2019, 18:34 PMVipper
I know but more Dhsk is one of the most expensive Hmgs and the reinforcement price is one of the cheapest.

The price of the weapon itself is currently arbitrary.

Either all hmg need to reinforce with the same price or they should all reinforce according to the price of the team weapon

All team weapons reinforce for the cost of the crew models. If you raised the reinforcement cost on the DshK it'd be lost the moment one got recrewed.
24 May 2019, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2019, 16:31 PMVipper

You -ARE- aware that weapon teams cost is 2 fold one, 1 is weapon itself and 2nd part is the crew.
DSHK doesn't use any stronger crew then maxim, therefore the same crew and its costs.
DSHK GUN itself costs more, therefore the price difference, but not reinforce cost difference.

(this is also why ATGs do not cost shitload to reinforce compared to HMGs and mortars)
24 May 2019, 21:08 PM

Fair enough, though it seems that can be fixed without removing the mechanic altogether. Some kind of cool down like 'fire up' where maybe the MG can't shoot immediately thereafter. But whatever.

I think dealing no suppression for the duration of the ability (or slightly longer) would reduce the cheesiness of sprint.
24 May 2019, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2019, 19:26 PMLago

All team weapons reinforce for the cost of the crew models. If you raised the reinforcement cost on the DshK it'd be lost the moment one got recrewed.

It does not work exactly like that but yea.

We are talking simply about the cost for reinforcing the Hmgs with their original crew.
25 May 2019, 00:24 AM

MGs sprinting was objectively terrible design. Giving MGs that much mobility is kind of broken especially with fast teardown and setup times. No way to flank a unit that's faster and longer ranged than you are in any fair engagement.

Plus, I'd like to see the superhumans that can sprint with .50 cal machine guns and ammo lol. Why aren't they my elite infantry? Could probably wipe squads with their bare hands.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS