Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
22 Mar 2019, 17:25 PM

Unless the AT rifle of the fusiliers has good accuracy vs inf like the one from Guards, they will be pretty trash I am sure, even with the snare.

The SVT from AT penals has much better AI power than the fusilier Kar98.

They would just be useful vs early light vehicles but equally useless vs tanks and inf then.
22 Mar 2019, 17:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised 2 posts for being offtopic.
22 Mar 2019, 17:42 PM

Bugfix update
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245822/new-commander-preview-changelog#latest

Version 1.1 introduces a cheats option for easier testing.

Access the cheat mods version via selecting New Commanders Cheats (Annihilation) win condition.

We have also introduced numerous bug fixes. Design changes are reserved for version 2.0

BUG FIXES
  • Soviet medics now work/ spawn
  • SVTs crate drops are now obtainable by Cons and Engineers. Penal and guard interaction will be addressed in a future update
  • Rally point med crate hotkey assigned as "A"
  • UC can now only upgrade to Wasp or Vickers, not both.
  • Assault Tommies can no longer obtain additional weapons from racks
  • Bolster cost with British tommies costing 350MP / 35 reinforce resolved
  • Panzerfussiliers should now be unable to upgrade both paths
  • Tiger Ace Spearhead ability no longer disables movement
  • King Tiger can no longer be called in alongside Tiger I
22 Mar 2019, 17:45 PM

Sounds like everyone has PTSD with OKW shrek blobs lol. I think two shreks are ok on PFs but the cost has to increase man power wise.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 22 Mar 2019, 17:48 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey all,

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245822/new-commander-preview-changelog#latest

Version 1.1 introduces a cheats option for easier testing.

Access the cheat mods version via selecting new Commanders Cheats (Annihilation) win condition.

We have also introduced numerous bug fixes. Design changes are reserved for version 2.0

BUG FIXES

-Soviet medics now work/ spawn
-SVTs crate drops are now obtainable by Cons and Engineers. Penal and guard interaction will be addressed in a future update
-Rally point med crate hotkey assigned as "A"
-UC can now only upgrade to Wasp or Vickers, not both.
-Assault Tommies can no longer obtain additional weapons from racks
-Bolster cost with British tommies costing 350MP / 35 reinforce resolved
-Panzerfussiliers should now be unable to upgrade both paths
-Tiger Ace Spearhead ability no longer disables movement
-King Tiger can no longer be called in alongside Tiger I
22 Mar 2019, 18:03 PM
Patrion 26

Maybe give guard airborne a sabotage ability that can be used on enemy resource points, similar to the scorched earth tactics ability?

Something like that would make them a lot more interesting and useful. Perhaps they could have a bonus for capping speed, so that they can very quickly cap points and then sabotage the point.
Which would make them useful for going for cut offs or denying fuel.
22 Mar 2019, 18:22 PM

Not Soviet units who took SVT-40 or do not have an animation rifle or just lose weapons. In the hands of empty.
22 Mar 2019, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 15:25 PMA_E

Soviet Airborne: a better proposal of Random Weapon drops. Please vote in poll after watching.

POLL based on this video: https://www.strawpoll.me/17657257 please vote. Design graphic: https://i.imgur.com/J0ikgX6.png

I like the general idea of the weapons being semi-random, but unless you can identify what the weapon is before you click on it (so what you get from the drop is random, but your choice to equip it isn't random) I can foresee many frustrating moments where a short-ranged squad picks up a PTRS or LMG --- or a long range squad gets a PPSH.
23 Mar 2019, 11:37 AM
Patrion 14

Finally got in a couple of games. I like most of the commanders, okw's grand offensive is particularly fun, I didn't know I wanted a normal tiger until I had one :D

The one commander that I found really underwhelming was urban assault.
- The nades are a very interesting and strong upgrade, but other than that the commander doesn't offer much
- Smoke is a nice utility ability
- The dozer upgrade is gimmicky and for me has no role as you trade mobility for survivability, but then again mobility means survivability so you basically end up where you started. The ability to create cover has not been used in any capacity from what I can tell. So, the commander ability doesn't seem to offer anything.
- Rangers, well they are rangers.
- Calliope, very very tricky to balance, but they still don't seem worth the price.

If I could make one change, I would get rid of the dozer upgrade and replace it with a 76 sherman or an E8.

Joke: Or replace the slot with an ability that enables an upgrade that allows the calliope to use its gun ;)
ddd
23 Mar 2019, 14:59 PM

Joke: Or replace the slot with an ability that enables an upgrade that allows the calliope to use its gun ;)

It SHOULD be able to use its gun. Sherman rocket artillery unit nicknamed "calliope" was specifically variant that could fire its gun without jettisoning rocket launcher.
23 Mar 2019, 15:38 PM

My suggestion to Urban assault

-Replace smoke with fosfor offmap from rifle company. Eventually napalm like this britsh one.
Or
-Replace dozer upgrade with wolverine

23 Mar 2019, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 07:23 AMMusti
I'll throw in a few ideas in regards to Airbone
If its possible (I don't know if we have the animations for that), maybe we could allow AG to fire the DP28s on the move (consistent with US paratroopers) It would make them stand out more from regular Guards.

How about an AVT40? It looks like an SVT, sounds like an SVT, smells like an SVT but it's a fully automatic rifle! Should be pretty easy to code them (Don't know how they would sound/look though) and it would be another unique aspect to Airborne Guards.
damn son this is a great idea.
23 Mar 2019, 16:11 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I don't mean to toot my own horn but AE and I played a couple 1v1s with the new commanders yesterday; check it out here. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399517674

The new commanders seem fun to use; I think OKW and Ostheer are getting a greater benefit out of the commanders in terms of utility and synergy but that's just sort of my impression after playing with AE. It was definitely good fun.
23 Mar 2019, 16:27 PM

I don't mean to toot my own horn but AE and I played a couple 1v1s with the new commanders yesterday; check it out here. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399517674

The new commanders seem fun to use; I think OKW and Ostheer are getting a greater benefit out of the commanders in terms of utility and synergy but that's just sort of my impression after playing with AE. It was definitely good fun.

"This video is only available to subscribers."
23 Mar 2019, 17:56 PM

Maybe AE and yourself could give some specific commander feedback, there are not a lot of players that have really tested the new commanders.
23 Mar 2019, 19:45 PM

Regarding soviet airborne, is it intended that medical crate drop from reinforce point can be dropped literally anywhere on the map?

Also, its the ost medical crate paradrop, which means it buffs rec acc and acc by ~15% per crate, stacking 3 times.

And lastly, what is the point of SVT drop?
I mean, outside of spamming SVT CEs, what's the point of even having the ability at all?

For conscripts, in close range, it adds ~5,5 DPS and at long range it adds ~3 DPS.
Cost to effectiveness, these values are meme worthy and pretty outrageously low, especially for 45 muni, which is a cost of actual weapon upgrades that do add meaningful DPS at all ranges and on the move(gren/PG G43s).

For that kind of low increase, I don't see the reason to use it at all and just pray for weapon drop from opponent for cons.
23 Mar 2019, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2019, 14:59 PMddd

It SHOULD be able to use its gun. Sherman rocket artillery unit nicknamed "calliope" was specifically variant that could fire its gun without jettisoning rocket launcher.

If this is implemented then adding either a 76 or E8 to the commander then might be a bit over the top but it would also serve to improve the Tac Support Company as well.

The other thing is that just the Dozer tho would again still be shite.

Adding the E8 and keeping the Calliope would then mean that it would be a good opportunity to rework it somehow and give it to another commander besides Rifle Company.

Quite the conundrum.
ddd
23 Mar 2019, 21:03 PM

If this is implemented then adding either a 76 or E8 to the commander then might be a bit over the top but it would also serve to improve the Tac Support Company as well.

The other thing is that just the Dozer tho would again still be shite.

Adding the E8 and keeping the Calliope would then mean that it would be a good opportunity to rework it somehow and give it to another commander besides Rifle Company.

Quite the conundrum.

Adding 76 or easy8 would be over the top if they were some really good tanks, but they are roughly at the level of p4 (76 = ost p4, easy8 = okw p4). From what we have seen so far balance team has no intention on improving usf units beyond small "buffs" like the calliope insignificant change so both sherman variants will probably stay the same. Easy8 + calliope doesnt offer anything that axis faction cant deal with (especialy with new broken commanders of their own) even with calliope getting its gun fixed.

How i see calliope with working gun is having it only to shoot HE sheels (like sherman) so it cant defend itself against armor. There should be switch option (again, like sherman) between HE shells and rocket launcher with something like 8 seconds delay before you can use one of them. Then you could leave the terrible calliope barrage as it is since it could be used on frontlines too. And now calliopes good survivability would matter.
23 Mar 2019, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2019, 21:03 PMddd

Adding 76 or easy8 would be over the top if they were some really good tanks, but they are roughly at the level of p4 (76 = ost p4, easy8 = okw p4). From what we have seen so far balance team has no intention on improving usf units beyond small "buffs" like the calliope insignificant change so both sherman variants will probably stay the same. Easy8 + calliope doesnt offer anything that axis faction cant deal with (especialy with new broken commanders of their own) even with calliope getting its gun fixed.

How i see calliope with working gun is having it only to shoot HE sheels (like sherman) so it cant defend itself against armor. There should be switch option (again, like sherman) between HE shells and rocket launcher with something like 8 seconds delay before you can use one of them. Then you could leave the terrible calliope barrage as it is since it could be used on frontlines too. And now calliopes good survivability would matter.

76 and easy8 are both good tanks and better (especially than ost p4, basic Sherman is equal to it). And the balance team has improved USF enough already.
ddd
23 Mar 2019, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2019, 21:54 PMFarlon

76 and easy8 are both good tanks and better (especially than ost p4, basic Sherman is equal to it). And the balance team has improved USF enough already.

No they are not straight "better" than ost p4, they are roughly comparable. 75mm sherman is somewhat in its own league thanks to HE shells.

Balance team didnt improve usf enough if there are still many units that see no use in most games. Currently there is more focus on introducing repainted tigers and p4s and no time left on improving units with actually UNIQUE models like easy8 or 76mm.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak