Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
25 Mar 2019, 21:15 PM

it have enough AA power for its low pricetag..while fighting armys with no problems. show me a other unit which cost so less and can do nearly the same

Maybe you should stop throwing hordes of grenadiers at it and used a single mortar or PaK?

That being said, Bofors serves completely no role in soviet army, its as against the soviet combat flow as it can humanely get.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 20:00 PMddd

Its shooting at planes but deals 0 damage. Cant shoot down planes. From what i heard it was done on purpose by relic.

Quote or patch note.

All planes have 1 hp(except gliders) and all AA weapons have a set chance per shot to kill them.
Bofors chance is 0 since forever and since its not in the patch notes, its a bug.
The only AA units that had its chance to shoot down planes dramatically decreased were free OKW base flaks.
25 Mar 2019, 21:19 PM

Putting aside bofors not functioning as AA; I also am kind of over the 'loaning a unit out' concepts thrown around.

I _really_ hope they come up with a better commander system for CoH3 and if they can't do that, then go back to CoH1's.
28 Mar 2019, 08:56 AM

Dozer blade + Sherman Jumbo plz

or easy8 at least.
28 Mar 2019, 23:06 PM
Patrion 26

Version 2.0 feedback:

USF
Are the team totally against adding a 76mm or easy8? If there is time I think it's well worth testing what the commander is like with an easy8.
The WP shell and incendiary grenades are nice but the commander could use something to help with late game armour, rather than even more AI.

British
Swapping to the M5 is an improvement. I think a Stuart or M8 would be so much better, so they can be more aggressive in the early game.
Crew repair is great and much more useful.

OKW
Was the Assault Package proving too powerful? It was certainly a lot more useful than Infrared STG44s.

Soviets
The PPSh-41s upgrade is a HUGE improvement! The IL-2 Suppression Strafe is also really great and a lot of fun to use.
Personally I think the DP-28 Upgrade should be replaced by an AT upgrade, maybe lend lease bazookas and AT nade. So that they can slow/weaken a heavy tank, for the rocket call-in.

Having no AT units means this commander will likely only ever be a fun novelty, used in team games.
29 Mar 2019, 00:44 AM
Patrion 14

Version 2.0 feedback:

USF
Are the team totally against adding a 76mm or easy8? If there is time I think it's well worth testing what the commander is like with an easy8.
The WP shell and incendiary grenades are nice but the commander could use something to help with late game armour, rather than even more AI.

I'd like to second this. The changes are nice, but an Easy 8 seems a better fit than the calliope for the urban theme. The WP round could be a vet 1 ability for it, similar to the comet. The WP on the normal Sherman seems to overlap already with HE shells and I'm not sure if it needs to be any more potent in terms of AI. On the E8 the ability is on a tank that is comparatively weak against infantry (more like the Comet).

Why not replace the flame grenades with WP grenades, like the Blendkoerper grenades for Obers? Then it follows a bit of a theme together with the tank shell.

Wehrmacht
I like the vet 1 change to the tiger ace, that way it does retain a bit of its former "ace" character. The spearhead ability is also pretty interesting to use.

Still, need a couple of games as Soviets, Brits and OKW.
29 Mar 2019, 07:25 AM

Version 2.0 changes

Up to date master notes will be posted soon.

USF
Rear Echelon Rifle Grenade
-Now takes up one weapon slot.
-Fixed a bug where the weapon was not mutually exclusive with minesweepers.
-Damage modifier against heavy cover from 0.5 to 0.75.

Dozer Blade
-Now Renamed Urban Assault Kit
-Provides Riflemen with Incendiary Grenades; similar to Molotovs. Shares a cooldown with Frags. 30 munitions.
-M4A3 Shermans can now fire a single WP shell at the target position for 20 munitions.
-Still provides the dozer blade.

Cover to Cover
-Replaced off map smoke with “Cover to Cover”
-Drops a single smoke shell at the target position.
-Infantry will sprint for 20 seconds after the ability is cast.

Calliope
-Reload from 1.25 to 0.125; matches cool down
-AOE from 4 to 5

Why are you making it so complicated? Urban Assualt Kit sound and look silly. Granades should be bundle with granades and WP round should be added to Dozer upgrade to make this upgrade even more atractive. If you wanna indirectly buff Rifle Company bundle Rear Echelon Rifle Grenade, Incendiary Grenades and rifle Flare into 1 ability.

British
M3 Half-Track
-Replaced M5 Halftrack
-Still requires either AEC or Bofors upgrade, but is also available if the Company Command Post is purchased.
-Addtional changes intended

Crew Repair
-Replaces Smoke Raid Operation.

M10
-Fixed an issue where British M10s would not benefit from Hammer Tracking.

Crew repair sounds way better than raid operation. It's usefull and kinda replace USF tank crew but this ability is already available in two other commanders. Something "new" or diffrent wouldn't be a bad idea.

OKW

**Infrared STG 44 package*
-Assault package replaced by Infrared STG 44 package for Obersoldaten

Panzerfusiliers
-Cost from 250 to 280; reinforce cost unchanged.
-G43 now takes up 1 weapon slot.
-Flare cost from 45 to 35.

Tiger
-Now uses the OKW Combat Blitz ability.

Safe change, won't ruin the commander and it won't make it overperfom. Similar to Spec Ops we won;t see this upgrade very often due to T2 into Tiger meta.

About Panzerfuzziliers, i played them a bit and they are really weak infantry early game. They cost like Riflemen squad but perform like conscripts. Until the upgrade they are very weak infantry. Thanks to quite high cost of G43 i would say that MP increase is too high. We probably won't see panzerfuzziliers early game spam becouse of that.

Ostheer
Assault Grenadiers
-Veteran squad leader increases capture and decapture rate by 20%.
-Adds -5% Received Accuracy to the squad.

Tiger Ace
-Now starts at veterancy 1.

Ok, vet1 TigerAce is just silly. You have to guys pick: or reduce the price or buff the unit at vet0. Extra abilities would be welcome and could help (like stationary ambush mode). All vetted call-in units were already removed from the game for some reason after all.

Soviets
Forward Rally Point
-Fixed an issue where the Medical Crate had infinite range and no indicator radius.
-Medical Crates will no longer inspire friendly units. Cost from 20 to 15.

Airborne Guards
-DP-28 Upgrade now provides Fire Superiority; same ability as Cavalry Riflemen Covering Fire.
-Can now be upgraded with PPSh-41s for free; grants access to smoke grenade and equips the full squad with the Shocktrooper PPSh-41s.
-Can now upgrade in neutral or enemy territory.
-Veterancy 1 ability replaced with “IL-2 Suppression Strafe”: Calls in an airstrike at the target position within 40m of the Airborne squad for 60 munitions. Low damage, but will pin most targets. Share a global cooldown.
-Added RGD-33 Grenade; Smoke Grenade locked behind PPSh-41.

Veterancy Changes
Veterancy 1: IL-2 Suppression Strafe
Veterancy 2: -29% Received Accuracy, Self-Healing when out of combat, -25% Weapon Cooldown
Veterancy 3: +30% Weapon Accuracy, -20% Ability Recharge

IL-2 Rocket Strafe
-Damage against vehicles from 120 to 140.
-AOE damage profile against buildings reduced to SCAS Strafe level.
-Damage against non-vehicle targets from 120 to 20.

Haven't played yet. I only noticed that pssh upgrade doesn't show up on GuardAirborn icon.

But don't you guys afraid of Dshk spam after you increase the arc of fire? LandLease commander or even defensive community commander can see his comback and be problematic in the longer run. Maybe reduce the crew to 5 men?
29 Mar 2019, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 07:25 AMStark
Ok, vet1 TigerAce is just silly. You have to guys pick: or reduce the price or buff the unit at vet0. Extra abilities would be welcome and could help (like stationary ambush mode). All vetted call-in units were already removed from the game for some reason after all.

The Tiger Ace at vet0 is already much stronger than a regular Tiger. It has 2x as much DPS on its coaxial MG (so basically a free pintle upgrade) and it has 1280HP instead of the Tiger's 1040HP. On top of that it gets 10% more accuracy, self repair ability and access to Spearhead ability on top of Blitzkrieg. The veterancy 1 start was a symbolic change because it doesn't make the unit that much more powerful straight from the get go while hopefully satisfying all the people who wanted the Ace to start with veterancy thematically.
29 Mar 2019, 08:28 AM

The Tiger Ace at vet0 is already much stronger than a regular Tiger. It has 2x as much DPS on its coaxial MG (so basically a free pintle upgrade) and it has 1280HP instead of the Tiger's 1040HP. On top of that it gets 10% more accuracy, self repair ability and access to Spearhead ability on top of Blitzkrieg. The veterancy 1 start was a symbolic change because it doesn't make the unit that much more powerful straight from the get go while hopefully satisfying all the people who wanted the Ace to start with veterancy thematically.

Gives really effective ability - SpearHead but i get your point. Honestly i;m not a fan of it. Plus, It's not only symbolic becouse it also reduce vet requirement to Vet2 when unit becomes a real beast.
29 Mar 2019, 08:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would like to suggest to move Incendiary greande from Dozer to Rifle grenade and rename it in "Additional grenades supply" or something like that.

Then doctrine will include one passive for tanks (dozer and WP shells) and one for infantry (rifle grenades for RE and incendiary grenades for Rifles).
29 Mar 2019, 19:51 PM

*OP updated 03/29/2019*
29 Mar 2019, 19:52 PM

Tested out the new changes for the UKF, pretty god damn awesome if I may say so myself.

Most of the bugs were fixed except for the IS reinforcement cost and the Forward Retreat Point I believe which is still in the game as shown in this picture:

I also got 2 suggestions for the M5 HT and M10.

I think maybe the M5 HT could get it's vet 1 ability replaced by the medical bags or something while the M10's flank speed is bugged because it let me use it but didn't really do anything when the engine was damaged plus there is already the speed boost ability provided by the Hammer tactics so I don't really see the reason for the overlap like others have mentioned already.

Apart from that I again wanted to mention my idea of incorporating the Relay ability for the Ostheer's new Strategic Reserves doctrine into the Forward Supply Station similar to how the the OKW's 223 was done to keep it in the game and provide the Ost with a forward retreat point similar to the new Soviet Airborne tactics and some much needed repairs capabilities in the form of the repair pioneers. It would really even out the playing field on larger map team games.
29 Mar 2019, 20:00 PM

Ass tommies deserve some attention; in the few games i played they seemed too strong. Besides that i really like the new UK commander.
29 Mar 2019, 20:29 PM

"Urban Assault Kit"

Seems really too much of a bundle, 3 abilities.

Flame nade and ph shells fit more.

"Panzerfusilliers

-Cost from 250 to 280; reinforce cost unchanged."

Good, but the squad is very weak atm. At no range at all has a combat advantage against any enemy mainline except cons.

Considering upping bleed and properly changing the squad RA.

Eventual overperformance with 6 men g43 can be addressed through veterancy.

Cover to Cover

Ugly ability name will make commander unplayable /s

Still no King Tiger for OST =(

29 Mar 2019, 20:49 PM

"Panzerfusilliers

-Cost from 250 to 280; reinforce cost unchanged."

Good, but the squad is very weak atm. At no range at all has a combat advantage against any enemy mainline except cons.

Considering upping bleed and properly changing the squad RA.

Eventual overperformance with 6 men g43 can be addressed through veterancy.

Agree, I think the cost should remain 250, but their late game scaling should be slightly nerfed through small veterancy changes
29 Mar 2019, 21:14 PM

Still no King Tiger for OST =(

OST doesn't need a King Tiger and it should stay OKW exclusive tbh.
29 Mar 2019, 22:51 PM

WP round should be added to Dozer upgrade to make this upgrade even more atractive.

I am totally agree with this one.

About Panzerfuzziliers, i played them a bit and they are really weak infantry early game. They cost like Riflemen squad but perform like conscripts. Until the upgrade they are very weak infantry.

Yeah, 5 man PF squad has less DPS than Volks, I didn't get the reason behind the cost increasing.
29 Mar 2019, 23:04 PM

Yeah, 5 man PF squad has less DPS than Volks, I didn't get the reason behind the cost increasing.

Counteracting spam.
You know, the lesson learned very recently thanks to JLI.
Also don't look at new PFs as volks.
Look at them as obers.

They are starting platform, think 70% of efficiency, then you have the upgrade of your choosing to get 100%.

Why they are 0 CP then?
Imo, because modders desperately try to do literally everything and anything to get OKW an opening that isn't volk spam.
30 Mar 2019, 03:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 23:04 PMKatitof

They are starting platform, think 70% of efficiency, then you have the upgrade of your choosing to get 100%.

Their 100% efficiency is just meh... For the same price (280MP+90MU), Allies have Rifleman with one M1919, Infantry Section with two Brens and Assault Engineers with Flamethrower. Do you think PF stand a chance against any of them?
30 Mar 2019, 04:32 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 23:04 PMKatitof
Why they are 0 CP then?
Imo, because modders desperately try to do literally everything and anything to get OKW an opening that isn't volk spam.

...because a mainline replacement unit doesn't work for OKW if it comes after 0 cp? The answer is literally as simple as that.
30 Mar 2019, 06:19 AM

About Wehrmacht's Strategic Reserve commander:

Some general thoughts:
Sometimes no changes are the best changes - im happy that there are no drastic changes in the new mod version. Buffs to Assgrens are nice and the prize for TA is more reasonable after starting with vet1.

About the PZIV:
We talked about it already in the dedicated Wehrmacht feedback thread but i want to bring this issue to the official thread in hope of some response.
Right now the "OKW PZIV" can only be build in Support Armor Corps. I strongly believe the unit should also be available in the HEAVY PANZER CORPS.
WHY?
1. Giving the unit to T3 AND T4 give Wehrmacht players an interesting choice: DO you want an early P4 to gain initiative? T3 is your choice
Do you want a maximum of late game flexibility? Build T4
2. Rewarding teching is one of the few cases in which the community can agree on. Right now Wehr players dont get this reward (a better medium) if they tech to T4 which is necessary in team games.
3. Making the unit available in T3 AND T4 dont cause ANY balance issues, it fits to the theme of a strategic reserve and gives the unit some distinction.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS