Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
20 Mar 2019, 19:14 PM

*OP updated 03/29/2019*

Link to test mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1688480309&searchtext=new+commander+test+mod
20 Mar 2019, 19:27 PM
Donator 11

Looks like the ballance changes are huge they are going to easily eclipse new content. Interesting.
20 Mar 2019, 19:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

More Rangers ? :D Time to suggest this:

The balance/ mod team can take a look at the Ranger skin?

Relic placed a Ranger skin almost identical to the Riflemans (light brown skins), but theres a proper Ranger skin in game files with dark green pants and a cool backpack (they appear in SP campaign). Its a more distinguish skin and deserve to appear in the MP.
20 Mar 2019, 19:31 PM

No explosives for Airborne - what a nonsense. What is the point that they are parachuted on the map? Dramatic way to appear on the map?
20 Mar 2019, 19:33 PM

CP0, 5 man, 250mp panzerfusilier squads that can upgrade with 2x panzershrecks for 120 munitions.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the old overpowered volks shreckblobs were 5 man, 250mp squads that could upgrade with 1x panzershreck for 90 munitions.
20 Mar 2019, 19:38 PM

Pfussie blobs will be a new thing, 3 with AT upgrade, 3 with AI upgrade, you'll see it.

Other then that, I do like all of the changes.
20 Mar 2019, 19:42 PM

CP0, 5 man, 250mp panzerfusilier squads that can upgrade with 2x panzershrecks for 120 munitions.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the old overpowered volks shreckblobs were 5 man, 250mp squads that could upgrade with 1x panzershreck for 90 munitions.

I doubt that it will be a threatening strategy, but we will see that in the test mod
20 Mar 2019, 19:52 PM

USF feels like a bit lacking compare to others.
Sad to see easy8 doesn't make it. :(
20 Mar 2019, 19:57 PM

What would you change about the E8? This unit is imho good, it's just inside a pretty meh doctrine. But that might change with the RE flamer being replaced by rifle nades and if they ninja-change the fire up ability with a small buff (just remove the exhaustion)
20 Mar 2019, 19:58 PM

Dozer Blades need to be bundled with something else.
But the Calliope and Ranger buffs are good.
20 Mar 2019, 20:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am excited about this concepts, but some moments i would like to hightlight here:

- UKF M3 from the new doctrine should be like current M3 with dropweapons, not like USF one. There is two M3 in the game, no need to make third one. It's confusing.
- Same situation with Panzer IV J for Ostheer. It's to similar with vanilla Panzer IV H. It's not like T-34 and T-34-85 choice.
- Tiger Ace is...debatable, sounds cool, really, but not so cool like adjusted King Tiger for Ostheer.

Of course, it's only the first iteration, but some things looks realy debatable for me.

And what about skins for transfered vehicles. Do balance team contacted with anybody from skinmakers about it?

P.S. How picked SVT-40 will work on Penals? Zero effect or what? :p
20 Mar 2019, 20:02 PM

I doubt that it will be a threatening strategy, but we will see that in the test mod

5 man long range squad with relatively cheap price, very good scaling and panzershreck.

What could ever go wrong?
ddd
20 Mar 2019, 20:02 PM

1. Rifle grenades... for rear echelons? Why would anyone spend 60 muni for this when you can get bar or bazooka? Meanwhile panzergrens got satchels for free. And how does it fit urban assault when riflenades are bad at clearing buildings. Cute ability but charging 60 muni for it is a joke.

2. Dozer blades. Half an ability from mechanized company. I know that 76mm sherman is bad but not giving anything in its place is silly, dozer blades as separate ability slot are weighting this commander further down.

3. Smoke barrage. Copy of Heavy Cav ability, good job there.

4. Rangers. Copy of Heavy Cav ability, good job there.

5. Calliope. So this is the highly anticipated calliope "rework". Far damage from nonexistent to slightly annoying. When i first heard about the supposed "rework" i was really sceptical but even i didnt expect such a low effort. But at least this crap doesnt cost more than priest now (wich is supperior unit still).

2 filler abilities, 2 abilities copied from Heavy Cav and "reworked" calliope. I understand that nobody was excited to work on usf commander but in that case you could give us second pershing commander or command easy8 commander many people in usf feedback thread requested. What we got here is commander without synergy that doesnt even provide any "urban asssault" abilities. Where are flamethrowers, where is some arty callin strike, where infiltration troops? How is it "urban assault" commander when riflenades and calliope are bad at clearing buildings? This is weaker than Tactical Support, huge disappointment.
20 Mar 2019, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 20:02 PMddd
1. Rifle grenades... for rear echelons? Why would anyone spend 60 muni for this when you can get bar or bazooka? Meanwhile panzergrens got satchels for free. And how does it fit urban assault when riflenades are bad at clearing buildings. Cute ability but charging 60 muni for it is a joke.

From the wording of it, its a weapon upgrade usable outside of pit and on auto fire, like the pit ones, sounds good enough to me if that's the case.
20 Mar 2019, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 20:02 PMddd

5. Calliope. So this is the highly anticipated calliope "rework". Far damage from nonexistent to slightly annoying. When i first heard about the supposed "rework" i was really sceptical but even i didnt expect such a low effort. But at least this crap doesnt cost more than priest now (wich is supperior unit still).

test mod. focus on these 2 words. Nothing of this is final
20 Mar 2019, 20:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I am excited about this concepts, but some moments i would like to hightlight here:

- UKF M3 from the new doctrine should be like current M3 with dropweapons, not like USF one. There is two M3 in the game, no need to make third one. It's confusing.

P.S. How picked SVT-40 will work on Penals? Zero effect or what? :p

During one version, we actually thought of having the assault infantry section upgrade only give stens, and the halftrack would be a lend lease version of the weapons halftrack youre referring to. This one would drop zooks (insead of piats) and thompsons (instead of vickers lmgs; this would have been how assault sections or even sappers got their thompsons).

Currently the svt pickup does nothing for penals, but later on it will probably be either locked out for them, or give them ppshs.
20 Mar 2019, 20:11 PM

Replace usf halftruck in brit commander with something more usefull. Anyway i realy like other changes. Fuziliers looks now very strong imo
20 Mar 2019, 20:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

During one version, we actually thought of having the assault infantry section upgrade only give stens, and the halftrack would be a lend lease version of the weapons halftrack youre referring to. This one would drop zooks (insead of piats) and thompsons (instead of vickers lmgs; this would have been how assault sections or even sappers got their thompsons).

Currently the svt pickup does nothing for penals, but later on it will probably be either locked out for them, or give them ppshs.

Thank you for response! And what with Panzers IV? Will they have any differences, except the default armor?
PAGES (15)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 644

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %