Login

russian armor

New Commander Submission - Discuss

PAGES (10)down
Phy
20 Jan 2019, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 18:13 PMVipper

I completely disagree.

Imo new commander (and Revamp commander) should focus on providing a new fresh, commander that are of average power level.

1. You can add new content reworking existing abilities to maximize the area of influence of new content (from only 1 commander, to several). Did you even read my full suggestion? Because all i suggested was new content.

This process should not be used to solve balance issue, I ones tryies to joggle too many balls at once an they all fall down, as it has been proven by result of commanders revamps.

2. For what reason would would you add new content? To break more the game? New content should focus two goals, break meta and give diversity to factions (which is balance somehow).

If there is a need to solve balance issues that are connected to commanders, there should a separate processes where commander design is look at and op combination removed.

Cool story bro. That's not gonna happen anytime soon, we need to use every opportunity we have.
20 Jan 2019, 20:52 PM

The following is just my opinion:

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:18 PMPhy

1. You can add new content reworking existing abilities to maximize the area of influence of new content (from only 1 commander, to several). Did you even read my full suggestion? Because all i suggested was new content.

That is trying to balance several commander at same time, while allot of them have a broken design to begin with. I complicates the attempt and makes it harder to work. There have been 2 revamps so far and both of them have mediocre results since the solved some issues while creating others.

Imo the game would been in far better place if the focus was on the 8 commanders being revamped and result was 8 viable commanders.

Commander with design issues simply have to redesigned. (Combinations of OP abilities)

As an example imo stuka dive bombing has been overnerfed and the main reason for it was that it was available with Elephant commander and reckon planes. The ability should simply not be in that commander.

2. For what reason would would you add new content? To break more the game? New content should focus two goals, break meta and give diversity to factions (which is balance somehow).

Again the focus should be in the commander being create not used as excuse to "widen" the scope. The new commander should balanced not other commanders.

Cool story bro. That's not gonna happen anytime soon, we need to use every opportunity we have.

Again no the opportunities where used and sweeping changes where made only to find that meta is still narrow, because broken thing where created in the process.

Imo one should decide the power level for commander for each faction by using one commander as benchmark and balanced all other commander vs benchmark.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/85469/suggestions-for-new-revamp-commanders

With number of patches this game has seen if the patch was fixing one thing each time the game should be about balanced right now.
20 Jan 2019, 21:23 PM

When coh3 rolls around or is cancelled can we get full mod support implemented?
21 Jan 2019, 03:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2019, 19:33 PMJB.
It would be cool to see what people thought about my suggestions.

About your OKW's Logistics War Doctrine design, I suggest you change some abilities, since 4 out 5 slots of abilities cost ammunition.
21 Jan 2019, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 08:08 AMcapiqua
Adding new units requires a lot of testing, so it's best to use old units/abilities:

SOV+Defensive Wall Tactics

THEME
With this commander it will be easier for you to win the battles of the mother Russian; Attacking with your troops of conscripts and weapons with ppsh41 to the battlefield, where you can deploy to the powerfull IS-2 and defend yourself with the steel walls Tank Traps.

UNIT AND ABILITY ROSTER
Tank Traps
PPSh-41
Vehicle Crew Repair Training
IL2 Strafing Run
IS2 Heavy Tank

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT
Tank traps are very useful, but it is a forgotten ability, due to that are not together with elite units, because the majority of people choose the comandant due to elite units.
The IS2 appears in a few comandnates, it is a super demanded unit.
The PPSh-41, There is no commander ppsh and IS2 together.

I would like to suggest marge this ability with something else like it was in Defensive Ostheer doctrine. Best way would be to add long waited Soviet Bunker and call it all "advanced defensive positions" As you meansioned you don't wanna add new content but the building, animation etc is already existing in game files so it wouldn't be complicated to make.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 14:00 PMSmartie
Strategic Tank Reserve docrine

Slot 5: 13CP - Tiger Ace, completly reworked (= Tiger I Ausf. E)
Rework idea is simple: The unit loses his instant vet but gets more abilities and upgrade options than the standard Tiger I.
- unlocked at 13/14 CP
- resource penalty removed
- loses instant vet 3 veterancy
- comes equiped with Panzer Tactician and Panzer Commander as standard.
- Cost ~660MP and 250 FU
- Upgrade option: - Veteran Tank Crew: Allows Emergency Repairs
- Veterancy is the same as Ostheer's Tiger I but Vet 3 grants additional turret rotation +20%

There is 1 small issue here. PanzerTactician is available in EliteTroops as a third slot so you can't equipt THIS version of a TigerAce with a smoke by default.

PS: maybe Command Tiger version would suit better. This current one doesn't have too many diffrence to a standart Tiger I if we remove panzer tactician
21 Jan 2019, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 08:38 AMStark

There is 1 small issue here. PanzerTactician is available in EliteTroops as a third slot so you can't equipt THIS version of a TigerAce with a smoke by default.

PS: maybe Command Tiger version would suit better. This current one doesn't have too many diffrence to a standart Tiger I if we remove panzer tactician

You're right. Did not think about "Elite Troops"! Aura Buff is a good idea because it would make the Tiger Ace more distinctive to the standard Tiger I. It would also justify why the Ace comes out later (14 CP instead of 13. I will update my concept later!
21 Jan 2019, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 10:37 AMStark

OKW – Eastern Reserve doctrine

Theme: OKW commander base on unused ostheer units and abilities in order to fill the main gaps in OKW design and revamp the already available units in other commanders.

Unit and Ability Roster:
SLOT 1 – Panzerfuzziliers
the units comes really late, therefore it less relevant replacement for volks squad. Unit could be revamped in this way:
• 0 CPs
• Unit starts with cooldown so player won’t be able to spam them right away from the start.
• G43 upgrade
• AT package available – unit can be upgraded with 2x panzerbushe AT rifle to better fight tanks (the performance similar to AT PTRS for penals). It also gives Tank detection and “Hit the dirt option” (similar to guard squad ability)

SLOT 2– Pak40

Idea is to give OKW replacement for inefficient rakketenwerfer. Allow OKW to have mainline AT weapon that can fight tanks at 60 range.
• 2CPs (or available at HQ after any truck is setup)
• cost: 320 MP
• Ostheer vet system spread around OKW 5 vet measure. Same vet requirement
• Vet4 ability – camouflage – unit is hidden in cammo, cannot move but first shot gets accuracy and penetration bonus.

SLOT 3 – Opel blitz – support truck
Main idea is to increase its utility compare to current version. In order to balance Opel blitz available in Assault Support (ostheer commander) and Firestorm (OKW commander) following changes was made:
• 2 CPs
• Cost: 250 MP and 10 fuel
• While locked can heal and reinforce nearby units (same as USF ambulance)
• Can be transform into mobile resources cash [option available in ostheer version]

SLOT 4 – stuka zu fuzz coordinated artillery barrage
OKW faction mainly lacks of call-in heavy artillery barrages focused on small area to allow player to destroy certain defensive positions or artillery position. Same as ability available in Firestorm doctrine.
• 10 CPs
• 200 ammo
• Increase damage of this ability to allow deal more than at least 50 %hp of braced emplacement

SLOT 5 – Tiger tank “E”
Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger “E” can be called on the battlefield (replaces TigerAce in EliteTroops commander)
• 12CPs
• Cost 630mp 230 fuel
• Ostheer vet 5 spread across vet 1-4 okw system
• Upgrades: tank commander: slightly increase accuracy and sight of a unit
• Only 1 in the same time can be deployed on the battlefield. Exclusive with KingTiger
• The main difference between this Tank and ostheer version is a versatile list of abilities:
_o Vet0 – ambush camouflage – unit can hide and be invisible to the enemy units. While revealed gain accuracy, penetration and vet 4 damage bonus. Free ability
_o Vet1 – smoke shell (same as brits smoke shell) or panzer tactician – standard price
_o Vet 5 – Locks turret movement at 90o but increase damage from 160 -> 200. Free ability, can be disable.

Strategies and Rational:
Main idea is to give OKW replacement for current basic units. Most player hate rakketens, they want unit that is more efficient and reliable. Sturmpio aren't upgraded with shrek becouse you really need a sweeping squad, especially in high lvl game so you basicly have to count on your own tanks. Pak40 gives diffrent strategic approach to Antitank build. Additionally Panzerfuzzilier are perfect to replace volks build used over and over in every game.

Tiger tank will be the second call-in tank for OKW (i don’t count SturmTiger becouse it’s more like a suport heavy tank than a mainline battlefield unit). Compare to other faction where list of commanders with call-in units is longer OKW has only CommandPanther. One of the reasons why SpecOps is so popular is that call-in Panther allow player to go more heavily T1, T2 build. Tiger tank would be a natural replacement for Command Panther. Unit will base on a list of abilities

I like this one, but doesnt it sound a bit too strong and too versatile?
21 Jan 2019, 15:23 PM

I like this one, but doesnt it sound a bit too strong and too versatile?

I really want to add panzerfuzzliers (to revamp them), pak40 and Tiger. I guess stuka zu fuzz barrage makes it too good mix able to counter almost every kind of strategy. I will think about it. Thanks for feedback ;)

What do you think about Hull Down? That would allow to revamp it as well and make it more usefull
21 Jan 2019, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 15:23 PMStark

I really want to add panzerfuzzliers (to revamp them), pak40 and Tiger. I guess stuka zu fuzz barrage makes it too good mix able to counter almost every kind of strategy. I will think about it. Thanks for feedback ;)

What do you think about Hull Down? That would allow to revamp it as well and make it more usefull

Yeah I was thinking about Hull Down as well, I had the idea of maybe changing it in a way that it's a permanent upgrade? For example +80 health for 40 munitions (but no other bonus), and the vehicle can still move normally. Would be similar like the dozer blade upgrade from sherman (mechanized doc) then but with less health bonus and no heavy terrain crush. I explained it a bit more detailed in my Panzerjäger commander suggestion, in the Bold text part

I think the Hull Down as it is right now just has no place in this game. Why would someone want to get a tank to sit around on 1 spot with it? You can get HMGs and PaKs for that. And if it would get some serious buffs it would probably become OP.
21 Jan 2019, 17:34 PM

maybe some info guys? when we can expect workshop patch or how does progress look like
21 Jan 2019, 18:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

maybe some info guys? when we can expect workshop patch or how does progress look like

I suppose news will be after january 25th. When submissions will be closed.
21 Jan 2019, 21:34 PM

I think the Hull Down as it is right now just has no place in this game. Why would someone want to get a tank to sit around on 1 spot with it? You can get HMGs and PaKs for that. And if it would get some serious buffs it would probably become OP.

I think it should get reworked so it gives different bonusses to different tanks somehow.

Hull Down is quite amazing for Panthers when you have to defend because it gives them 62,5 range and 1280 HP (1422 if you have a Command PzIV nearby). Brummbar is also very good at defending a victory point from Hull Down because it has great gun traverse with 44 range.

For most other tanks it's quite useless though.
22 Jan 2019, 00:01 AM

I think it should get reworked so it gives different bonusses to different tanks somehow.

Hull Down is quite amazing for Panthers when you have to defend because it gives them 62,5 range and 1200 HP (1320 if you have a Command PzIV nearby). Brummbar is also very good at defending a victory point from Hull Down because it has great gun traverse with 44 range.

For most other tanks it's quite useless though.

1600 HP actually.

Hull down reduces damage by 25%
Command Panzer 4 reduces damage by 20% (it wasn't nerfed lul)

960 / 0,8 / 0,75 = 1600
22 Jan 2019, 00:05 AM

What I've learned from all my years of experience in CoH as well as reading on the matter, mobility is the name of the game.

So yeah, Hull Down in my opinion should be reworked into something more useful, at least for the turretless tanks.

It worked for the Brits in COH because they had turreted tanks and could self-hull down instead of requiring infantry to do so.
22 Jan 2019, 00:16 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

When coh3 rolls around or is cancelled can we get full mod support implemented?

Yeah thats a good question. Any answers to this?
22 Jan 2019, 01:29 AM

Command Panzer 4 reduces damage by 20% (it wasn't nerfed lul)

Yeah that seems to be the case. Must be an oversight since it is in the patch notes.

1600HP for the Panther in Hull Down with a Command P4 then. It can win versus two tank destroyers lol. Then smoke and blitz out if it's nearly getting destroyed somehow. Pretty darn good if you just have to defend one VP.
22 Jan 2019, 04:08 AM

Can the dev team add all the coh1 models to coh2’s game files for modders?
22 Jan 2019, 04:51 AM

(P.S. I'd love to include the Panzer 3, but sadly Relic made no model for it. :()

If you want a “panzer 3” make it a panzer 4 Ausf.E with a short barrel firing HEAT. They were pretty similar
22 Jan 2019, 07:46 AM

What i am worried with new commander ideas is that many are really inflated with call in/ just new units and maybe just one arty strike. I get it we all would like to see some new unit, but maybe some other way than just having lend lease commander with 4 diffirent vehicles. We saw that it did nit work with the first revamp mechanized doctrine and with mechanized assault its kinda on borderline on working and not.
22 Jan 2019, 08:43 AM

If you want a “panzer 3” make it a panzer 4 Ausf.E with a short barrel firing HEAT. They were pretty similar

I've got the short-barreled P4 in my OKW suggestion.

It could also be an interesting option as Ostheer "light" vehicle tho, but that would be harder to balance.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS