Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
30 Aug 2018, 21:34 PM

I actually would love to see fusilliers in overwatch as well, but I'm massive fan of that unit.
30 Aug 2018, 21:35 PM

The mines might be a little easier to use if they weren't in the Building Menu but were on the Ability Menu instead.
30 Aug 2018, 21:47 PM

So about the Tactical Support Regiment, I just got hit with a brilliant idea, how about the price for Air Supply Operation is increased a bit and athe USF mortar is added to it? It would be a unique way of giving the British a mobile mortar and I swear I will stop moaning about it. Please just at least test it out, see how it works.

That sounds like a really neat way of doing it. Maybe the Pack Howie instead though, replacing the MG? An indirect fire weapon with a bigger kick for the later timing window.

Or ditch the Recovery Sappers in favour of a Pack Howie call-in. They're pretty much Sappers with Salvage Kits and Smoke Grenades right now.
5 of 18 Relic postsRelic 30 Aug 2018, 21:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We're reading all your feedback guys! Lot's of well-made points. Keep it coming.

30 Aug 2018, 22:08 PM

I wonder if anyone ever considered that giving another OKW commander a howitzer is bad idea?
Allies already facing LeFH spam in every single game in team games, forcing everyone on ally side pick doctrines with Sexton/Priest all the time or facing no-brain counterbarrage spam.
Why exactly OKW has doctrines to cover up for their faction supposed weakness, while Brits still lack docrines with mobile mortars/mortar halftracks/pack howies and such?
30 Aug 2018, 22:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2018, 22:08 PMKirrik
I wonder if anyone ever considered that giving another OKW commander a howitzer is bad idea?
Allies already facing LeFH spam in every single game in team games, forcing everyone on ally side pick doctrines with Sexton/Priest all the time or facing no-brain counterbarrage spam.
Why exactly OKW has doctrines to cover up for their faction supposed weakness, while Brits still lack docrines with mobile mortars/mortar halftracks/pack howies and such?

Yeah i had this in mind as well.

I don't want to get the old meta back from 2 years ago. Where arty vs arty was ( wehrmacht vs soviet arty was it in the past)

Tho i guess priest/ sexton will be always meta in big teamgames, when the map is a campmap.
Sometimes you see landmartz as well and thats it.

But i can remember some games on hill400, where axis spammed arty, and we allies were not able to drop all this arty down lul. Since the price is less for arty from manpower.

But did not found a good solution yet.

30 Aug 2018, 22:30 PM

What if the valentine’s stats were changed so it was more of a dedicated anti infantry vehicle to complement the AEC sort of like the luchs and puma? Because right now, it just seems like a worse version of the aec that comes later than it, and making it do 40 more damage won’t change that a ton because of its weird veterancy bonuses. I guess my point is that it is overshadowed by the AEC due to too much overlap.
30 Aug 2018, 22:44 PM

As it stands the Valentine's strength is its utility: it's got an IR mount, it can fire smoke like a Sherman and it can call in Sexton barrages. While a 'proper' Valentine would be interesting, being an alternative to the AEC isn't really the point of the Observation Valentine.
30 Aug 2018, 23:27 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 21:51 PMKatitof

Rifles are proving for last 4 years that there is nothing wrong with it.
You really have no argument to undermine that.

There's nothing wrong with double zook riflemen because USF prefers to zook the RE like the other WFA factions. However putting a snare on the repair units which tend to hold AT weapons IS A PROBLEM. How would u like it if shcreck pgrens/sturms had fausts?
30 Aug 2018, 23:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Can we looking at reverting some of the KV1 buffs? It's basically a better churchill. It's cheaper, faster to tech to, Tiger armor, better repair rate and less vet given to axis units for attacking it. It takes 7 shots compared to 8 with the Churchill but like I said, its a bit cheaper. The last two bonuses are simply over the top. I can understand if the KV1 had low armor, the 7 shot health wouldn't mean a lot. But thats simply untrue. And most axis AT struggles to penetrate it so it doesn't need the vet perk either. The solution is simple, make the repair rate and the vet experience gain the same as everything else.
31 Aug 2018, 00:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2018, 22:08 PMKirrik

I'd rather give OKW mobile howitzer artillery, but... There is no such vehicle in this game for axis.

Hummel, Wespe, Grille,... It's odd to me that none of these vehicle is added. And instead, we receive Jagdtiger, which broke many team games since WFA came out.

31 Aug 2018, 00:54 AM

There's nothing wrong with double zook riflemen because USF prefers to zook the RE like the other WFA factions. However putting a snare on the repair units which tend to hold AT weapons IS A PROBLEM. How would u like it if shcreck pgrens/sturms had fausts?

Why wouldn't USF prefer to put bazookas on Riflemen if it were as strong as you suggest? If it were that strong, I think you would see people do it with at least one rifle squad every single match. Do you think it would make much of a difference if the Rifleman snare was moved to Rear Echelon? I would personally see that as a nerf.

This really doesn't do anything other than giving the British something that they were sorely lacking.
31 Aug 2018, 01:22 AM

Permanently Banned

Why wouldn't USF prefer to put bazookas on Riflemen if it were as strong as you suggest? If it were that strong, I think you would see people do it with at least one rifle squad every single match. Do you think it would make much of a difference if the Rifleman snare was moved to Rear Echelon? I would personally see that as a nerf.

This really doesn't do anything other than giving the British something that they were sorely lacking.

Because double bars on rifles is EVEN BETTER. People think that something may be underpowered because nobody goes for it. That's simply not true. Brits don't have a snare because their AT is the BEST in game. USF at weapons, 57mm, zooks, sherman have great dps but lack penetration, SU weapons have decent penetration but less dps, Brits have both: 6pdr = pak clone, piats are almost like cheaper schrecks when they hit, stock comets, aec deletes lights in seconds, etc. Most of these brit weapons benefit massively if the mobility of hte enemy is crippled, in fact it would make units like aec and dirt cheap piats likely op if sappers had snares. So the aec should get a nerf and possibly piats, too. Something needs to give.
31 Aug 2018, 02:13 AM

After playing with the Ostheer defensive commander, I dont see any point to get a pak43 over a mobile pak40 and a stug e over a brummbar
31 Aug 2018, 02:33 AM
Patrion 26

Jagers are perfect for the Overwatch commander. use their boobytrap ability on a point that already has a flare on it and you do really great damage to a squad and get to see exactly how much damage - thanks to the flare.

Plus their infiltration nade assault can help swing an engagement.

You need to actually use their abilities and not just treat them like a basic inf squad. Boobytraps combined with goliaths can be utterly devastating and fits the feel of the commander perfectly.

Adding Jagers to the commander has meant I now use it as one of my commanders.
31 Aug 2018, 04:04 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Plus their infiltration nade assault can help swing an engagement.

Jaegars only have infiltration grenades because it's part of scavenge, not the unit.
31 Aug 2018, 04:04 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

I intially liked the idea of Pfusiliers over JLI when Lemon mentioned it in on stream, but now that I have thought it through more I think I'm against it. Pfusiliers are strong enough that you don't necesarilly need obers once they start getting vetted from their really strong g43s. I don't think we want to make things dry by having a single call in infantry unit strong enough to carry you through early mid and late game [ Looking at guards] which would making the investment to get obers less worthwhile. With this in mind, I think making JLI strong enough to warrant investing in would be the better long term decision.

So just throwing this out there, although i believe lemon mentioned it earlier, how about a more powerful first strike hit out of camo from JLI?
31 Aug 2018, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2018, 21:54 PMAndy_RE
We're reading all your feedback guys! Lot's of well-made points. Keep it coming.

That's really nice to read.
Now I know this isn't orginally part of the commander revamp but while you guys are at it, if you have spare time, could you have a look at OKW Breakthrough doctrine's assault artillery? This ability seems broken because over half the shells land outside the targeted sector, making this ability much worse than it should be. See image below (all craters seen are impacts of one assault artillery ability).
31 Aug 2018, 07:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2018, 02:13 AMLuciano
After playing with the Ostheer defensive commander, I dont see any point to get a pak43 over a mobile pak40 and a stug e over a brummbar

Yeah, that's also why I suggested that the Osttruppen get an AT rifle package upgrade because of the well, just uselessness of the Pak43 in most cases because it can get dealt with so easily.

The StuG E is a nice non tech alternative to the Brummbar tho, maybe if they don't add AT rifles to Osttruppen a Hetzer TD can replace the Pak 43 or something.

AT rifles for the Ost would be like their MG42 upgrade I imagine, with a tier requirement.

I'd rather give OKW mobile howitzer artillery, but... There is no such vehicle in this game for axis.

Hummel, Wespe, Grille,... It's odd to me that none of these vehicle is added. And instead, we receive Jagdtiger, which broke many team games since WFA came out.

Agreed, Hummel for the OKW and a Wespe for the Wehrmacht would have been really nice.
31 Aug 2018, 07:45 AM

[...] With this in mind, I think making JLI strong enough to warrant investing in would be the better long term decision.

So just throwing this out there, although i believe lemon mentioned it earlier, how about a more powerful first strike hit out of camo from JLI?

+1, good idea!
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight