Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
29 Aug 2018, 20:44 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 18:06 PMLago

It's a new ability. The flare one is Vanguard Operation, Crocodile, the new one is Firestorm Battlegroup Crocodile.

I'd imagine there was some reason for making them different.

Maybe flares will get added as they get closer to the finished version.
29 Aug 2018, 21:07 PM

Maybe flares will get added as they get closer to the finished version.

The flares were explicitly removed. If they'd just copied the Croc ability from Vanguard/Special Weapons it'd have flares. Instead they made a new call-in ability.

There was probably a reason for that.
29 Aug 2018, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
I think we should restrict piats to only one per sapper. Having a snare on AT inf is should be kept to a minimum. Same goes for riflemen. One zook only.
29 Aug 2018, 21:51 PM

I think we should restrict piats to only one per sapper. Having a snare on AT inf is should be kept to a minimum. Same goes for riflemen. One zook only.

Rifles are proving for last 4 years that there is nothing wrong with it.
You really have no argument to undermine that.
29 Aug 2018, 22:06 PM

I knew giving the British a snare was just asking for trouble... Relic wants a minimalist approach to fixing the British countering light vehicles. The snare doesn't feel like it's going to allow that to happen, as far as the opposition is concerned.

We've been able to step slightly outside the confines of this scope with the Brit mine + snare, and the Puma BP2 lock, because those are glaring issues, which hopefully have low impact solutions (unlike some other items).

On a happy note, I got to wipe out a rushing Panzer II using M7 Mines and ambushing with PIATS tonight. Ahhhhhh... I love not having infantry ruin the fun by blowing up the Mines themselves. 10 Munitions per Mine lets you lay them everywhere! Great for urban maps and defending the flanks of your support weapons, even emplacements! You can't spam normal 30 munitions Mines like that. ;)
29 Aug 2018, 22:14 PM

I knew giving the British a snare was just asking for trouble... Relic wants a minimalist approach to fixing the British countering light vehicles. The snare doesn't feel like it's going to allow that to happen, as far as the opposition is concerned.

The solution there is simply to ignore the fanboys. They'll never be happy with anything that isn't buffs to their respective pet factions and nerfs to the others. I mean, we've got people arguing that giving the Sturmtiger a bigger blast zone that inflicts suppression is a hard nerf in here.

There's a reason the actual decision making is trusted to a small team rather than put up for community vote.
29 Aug 2018, 22:18 PM

So I just tested out the Elite Armor doctrine for the OKW and these are my thoughts:

Signal Relay I didn't use once, as others have said it's a very... situational if not underwhelming ability.

Emergency repair needs a bit more tweaking because of the low amount of health it actually repairs while I THINK still risking the tank of being abandoned if hit while repairing.

HEAT Rounds I only used once against an enemy tank but again, it's extremely situational and you're lucky if you can get 1 or 2 shots out before it ends, needs to have a bit longer of a timer maybe.

The Panzer Commander I found a bit better now so no trouble there I suppose.

The Sturmtiger I found still largely useless apart from I guess suppressing blobs, I hit an enemy (captured) StuG and it only slightly chipped it's health and stunned it, nothing more really. While it probably would be OP if it did more I find it... out of place(?) perhaps for the doctrine, plus the abandon on reload is still badly designed since I think I can just ground fire on it to force an abandon and get a new one which is abusable.

All in all as others have said, the commander is very ammunition heavy, so what I suggest is the replacement of Signal Relay (and HEAT rounds if they are not improved) with something... fuel and manpower priced I guess, like that 223 Scout/Command Car I suggested that can capture and lock down territory, I think it fits in an overall vehicle oriented doctrine.

Another idea I had was for a passive ability that grants the ability to OKW vehicles (or at least tanks) to capture territory at like, Vet 2 for instance, it would be unique with the fact that it would not require manpower, fuel or ammunition but experience will be it's price.

Panzer Tactician would also be nice to either replace Signal Relay or HEAT rounds like others suggested and I myself have noticed, it would still be an ammo based ability but you'd get more out of it in the long run compared to SR or the HEAT rounds in my opinion.

That's it for the OKW from me, I don't think I have the Overwatch doctrine in order to test it, next up are the Brits.

Edit: About the Sturmtiger, I really think that there should be an experiment with the shifting around of the OKW heavy calls in like the Command Panther, Jagdtiger and Sturmtiger to see what fits where better and what works, and of course, doesn't.

Edit2: I forgot that there is another option of putting the Tiger and StuG III G in as cheaper alternatives to the Jagdpanzer IV and KT, also having 2 manpower and fuel based things in the doctrine as well. They even have voice lines.
29 Aug 2018, 22:37 PM

The Elite Armor rework is underwhelming. Nerfing the ST and slightly buffing the other crappy abilities does little to make it a useful commander pick.

Either merge the repair ability with something else, or get rid of it entirely and give it a MP ability/call in. Hetzer would be my choice.
30 Aug 2018, 00:16 AM

Regarding Field Base of Urban Defence...

That thing have a fuel cost yet it does not seem to have Foward HQ Aura, how is fuel cost is even justified then?

It's basically doctrinal Brit Forward Assembly (with medics) that costs fuel on top of MP instead of munitions

200 MP 60 Munitions is more reasonable price for that thing
30 Aug 2018, 00:26 AM

would be cool to swap command panther and sturmtiger in the doctrines

pfusies are a better fit for overwatch than jaegers, since jaegers are really bad in their current state

typhoon strafe from the british observation post deals quite a big chunk of damage, seems similar to old il2, but its only 1 plane for 150 muni so its not that bad imo

recovery sapper resource gain needs to be increased if it hasnt been already, since the gain is really really pitiful in its current state.
30 Aug 2018, 07:42 AM

pfusies are a better fit for overwatch than jaegers, since jaegers are really bad in their current state

I played some games with the new overwatch doctrine and i really like the new design. But i agree that Jaegers need some sort of buff, especially when you compare them to the new designed stormtroopers who are much better.

So, lets discuss how to make Jaegers better.
Ideas:
- Make Jaegers 5-men squad
or
- Upgrade option to 4&G43
or
- Jaegers can shoot Rifle grenades
- Unit costs now 340 MP

What are your ideas?
30 Aug 2018, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2018, 07:42 AMSmartie

I played some games with the new overwatch doctrine and i really like the new design. But i agree that Jaegers need some sort of buff, especially when you compare them to the new designed stormtroopers who are much better.

Ideas:
or
or
- Unit costs now 340 MP

What are your ideas?

jaegers have 4 g43s, infiltrate with 3 men reinforce to 4, or jaegers get a marksman targetted snipe ability and an innate first strike bonus like commandos
30 Aug 2018, 08:38 AM

Jeagers are force multipliers, they aren't supposed to be stand alone mainline infantry, much like USF pathfinders, their strength comes into play with other squads around to benefit from the snipe crits.

They are not and should not be potent stand alone inf, just like pathfinders.

You're not supposed to spam them, you're supposed to use them together with volks.
30 Aug 2018, 08:43 AM

Jaegers are good so long as you don't try to mainline them. They're glass cannons good for dishing out damage and bad for taking it.
30 Aug 2018, 08:44 AM

Ideas:
or
or
- Unit costs now 340 MP

What are your ideas?

You are using them wrong - You have to pair them with Volks, and/or use them as spotters. Their powers lie in their crit, not in their DPS.
30 Aug 2018, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 22:37 PMSully
The Elite Armor rework is underwhelming. Nerfing the ST and slightly buffing the other crappy abilities does little to make it a useful commander pick.

Not sure if the ST really is nerfed but I totally agree that the commander is still underwhelming.

30 Aug 2018, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2018, 08:38 AMKatitof
Jeagers are force multipliers, they aren't supposed to be stand alone mainline infantry, much like USF pathfinders, their strength comes into play with other squads around to benefit from the snipe crits.

They are not and should not be potent stand alone inf, just like pathfinders.

You're not supposed to spam them, you're supposed to use them together with volks.

So its ok that allies can spam one Unit and gets big profit and less micro...while axis need combine arms and much more micro. I know why i dont like allies spam play...and why its bores me.
30 Aug 2018, 09:11 AM

So its ok that allies can spam one Unit and gets big profit and less micro...while axis need combine arms and much more micro. I know why i dont like allies spam play...and why its bores me.

Gotta compare them to the equals though, those being pathfinders, unsuprisngly you cannot do the same thing with pathfinders. They both give you more capping potienal and numbers with some utility (booby traps,radio arty and so on.)
30 Aug 2018, 09:14 AM

You're complaining that sniper squad is too hard to micro and keeping it behind volksblob is too hard?

Wtf is wrong with axis players in this thread? Jaegers are underpowered and require buffs? G43? For a SNIPER unit? Are you even playing this game at all?
30 Aug 2018, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2018, 09:14 AMKirrik

You're complaining that sniper squad is too hard to micro and keeping it behind volksblob is too hard?

Wtf is wrong with axis players in this thread? Jaegers are underpowered and require buffs? G43? For a SNIPER unit? Are you even playing this game at all?

Who need snipers when you can get 3 LMG squads and blobb around and will be more effectivly? mix it with pios with double handheld AT and win any fight.

PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS