Login

russian armor

2v2 gameplay post patch

6 Jan 2018, 22:56 PM

I dont know but 2v2s feel balanced but like almost too balanced lol like games are really trihard a lot now.

How does everyone else feel in 2v2s?
6 Jan 2018, 23:18 PM

Soviet/Brit still beats any axis combo in AT vs AT. USF is horrible unless you go MHT but good lategame. OKW more reliant on muni than fuel now because their tank pop is retarded. Ostheer is really good but still loses to katy su /firefly spam. It's basically exactly the same as last patch but okw is pooper late game imo
7 Jan 2018, 01:06 AM

Yeah. My biggest issue with allies is how slow their start can be. Its frustrating because a lot of games with allies if you dont play good early on can turn easy games into long struggles. Especially on maps with early cutoff/fuel building rushes.
7 Jan 2018, 01:09 AM

Yeah. My biggest issue with allies is how slow their start can be. Its frustrating because a lot of games with allies if you dont play good early on can turn easy games into long struggles. Especially on maps with early cutoff/fuel building rushes.

You misspelled "axis".
7 Jan 2018, 02:26 AM

You misspelled "axis".

Nah thats not true anymore, firefly/su/katy beats any axis late game comp unless axis wins early game. Flamer HT and Flak HT and pushing allies off resources is best play
7 Jan 2018, 04:38 AM

Infantry definitively seems to be the way to go for USF in 2vs2, thought you could argue Mechanized it's an option for it too, I would say nothing beats Field Defenses, ToT to kill Howitzer/Pak43 or OKW Trucks and the Priest that got buffed last patch.
7 Jan 2018, 08:31 AM

guards meta is here guys. pretty much agree with siddolio. axis needs to make like a huge power play in the mid game with p4s to close out the game before allies get a critical mass of tank destroyers. 5 man sections with brens are the best late game infantry and guards/penal/sniper secure your early to midgame. 120s to just fuck shit up too.
7 Jan 2018, 08:53 AM

Infantry definitively seems to be the way to go for USF in 2vs2, thought you could argue Mechanized it's an option for it too, I would say nothing beats Field Defenses, ToT to kill Howitzer/Pak43 or OKW Trucks and the Priest that got buffed last patch.

I been playing with para commanders and they they have become very strong. If my ally can provide artillery I tend to use them, super bazookas and cheap access to recon troops with scoped weapons.

For Soviets Guards (up to 42,5 range weapons), 120 mm mortar and Sturmovic seem also very strong.
Phy
7 Jan 2018, 11:15 AM

2s double SU dominates the allies combo. SU+Brit as usual is very strong. USF can only do the riflebar+m8 backup with jackson to work. But if done properly is very hard to counter.

Double OKW<<<double ost. Mixed okw/ost best combo as axis.

Overall I feel worst factions in 2s are okw and usf. But USF unless it gets matched with another USF which rarely happens still has better success than OKW which oftenly gets match with another OKW (because axis has less dif. faction).
7 Jan 2018, 11:25 AM

This patch effectively made me delete the Elefant and the JT from the standard loadout. So we got that going, right?

Jäger Infanterie and Osttruppen doctrine have a nice flavour now.

But other than that it's the usual Panzer IV rush for Ostheer.

OKW isn't worth it lategame any longer. The 60 range tank destroyer superiority of the Allies has become more of a problem now that the Panther and JPIV and JT have been nerfed.
7 Jan 2018, 13:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

They successfully dropped JT and Ele from being picked every game because they were good to being picked because they're the only counter to allied TD spam. Heavy TDs are a flaw by design, so at least they're not ultra strong anymore.

The rest of the axis struggle though. Now that those are gone OKW doesn't really pull its weight lategame, and ostheer can't contest 60 range TDs.

Just considering teamgames I think the overall patch was a success, but imo I think this a "2 steps forward, 1 step back" type of deal.
7 Jan 2018, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2018, 11:15 AMPhy
2s double SU dominates the allies combo. SU+Brit as usual is very strong. USF can only do the riflebar+m8 backup with jackson to work. But if done properly is very hard to counter.

Double OKW<<<double ost. Mixed okw/ost best combo as axis.

Overall I feel worst factions in 2s are okw and usf. But USF unless it gets matched with another USF which rarely happens still has better success than OKW which oftenly gets match with another OKW (because axis has less dif. faction).

As usf player, disagree.
Usf sherman and m8 motor carriafe have always been powerful just like LT 50 cal and aaht.
7 Jan 2018, 15:05 PM

They successfully dropped JT and Ele from being picked every game because they were good to being picked because they're the only counter to allied TD spam. Heavy TDs are a flaw by design, so at least they're not ultra strong anymore.

The rest of the axis spam though. Now that those are gone OKW doesn't really pull its weight lategame, and ostheer can't contest 60 range TDs.

Just considering teamgames I think the overall patch was a success, but imo I think this a "2 steps forward, 1 step back" type of deal.

That´s a good post actually.

Elefant and Jagdtiger are still very strong in my opinion. Not sure why people think they are useless now. They might need one more shot against full health tanks but at the same time in big team games tanks are often not 100% hp anyways and it doesn´t make that much of a difference.

Jagdtiger and Elefant can still make the difference in somewhat balanced games. Especially on maps like Stadtschutt.

They still render all Soviet heavy tank call ins useless. Same with SU85s. If your enenmy goes for Jagdtiger the only thing you can still build are T34s to flank and hope it works out or lose the game.
7 Jan 2018, 15:30 PM

This patch effectively made me delete the Elefant and the JT from the standard loadout. So we got that going, right?

Jäger Infanterie and Osttruppen doctrine have a nice flavour now.

But other than that it's the usual Panzer IV rush for Ostheer.

OKW isn't worth it lategame any longer. The 60 range tank destroyer superiority of the Allies has become more of a problem now that the Panther and JPIV and JT have been nerfed.

The JT is still pretty good and the only thing that I've had be successful against the Firefly/SU85 combo on open maps. Since the patch, I've had a JT get to vet 5 with almost 40 kills total (only around 11 were vehicles). The HE barrage is useful against infantry, especially with so many players getting multiple Katys that it's hard to keep infantry on the field.

My only criticism of the current patch would be that the factions are starting to feel too close to being similar. A OKW P4 seems about the same as a T34/85 or Easy8. The OKW JP4 doesn't seem to work any better than an SU85, and no caches makes sure that you have fewer of them.

Late game does seem to be tipping to Allies. OST needs a 5th man upgrade for Grens (like UKF has) and a 60-range TD. OKW needs to be able to build caches, and the ISG should be made competitive with the 120mm (or the 120 nerfed).

7 Jan 2018, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2018, 15:30 PMGrumpy

The JT is still pretty good and the only thing that I've had be successful against the Firefly/SU85 combo on open maps. Since the patch, I've had a JT get to vet 5 with almost 40 kills total (only around 11 were vehicles). The HE barrage is useful against infantry, especially with so many players getting multiple Katys that it's hard to keep infantry on the field.

My only criticism of the current patch would be that the factions are starting to feel too close to being similar. A OKW P4 seems about the same as a T34/85 or Easy8. The OKW JP4 doesn't seem to work any better than an SU85, and no caches makes sure that you have fewer of them.

Late game does seem to be tipping to Allies. OST needs a 5th man upgrade for Grens (like UKF has) and a 60-range TD. OKW needs to be able to build caches, and the ISG should be made competitive with the 120mm (or the 120 nerfed).

kinda interesting how your suggestions just further make the factions more similar to each other
7 Jan 2018, 16:01 PM

Nah thats not true anymore, firefly/su/katy beats any axis late game comp unless axis wins early game. Flamer HT and Flak HT and pushing allies off resources is best play

I know, but axis at the beginning are more often than not quite shitty. It all depends on your MG42 placement and OKW is pretty much useless early game since Volks are bad per se, have no faust or flame nade and since Kübel is useless in fights now.
7 Jan 2018, 16:45 PM

kinda interesting how your suggestions just further make the factions more similar to each other

True, but salvage doesn't make up for lack of caches, and buffing Stugs so that they're competitive in 4v4 would make them badly OP in 1's. RA doesn't help much when it comes to squad survivability in 4's so the only way to make Grens viable is to add a 5th (unless you want to make Osttruppen the standard infantry for 4v4's).
7 Jan 2018, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2018, 16:45 PMGrumpy

True, but salvage doesn't make up for lack of caches, and buffing Stugs so that they're competitive in 4v4 would make them badly OP in 1's. RA doesn't help much when it comes to squad survivability in 4's so the only way to make Grens viable is to add a 5th (unless you want to make Osttruppen the standard infantry for 4v4's).

5 men units should not have access to LMGs.

Imo
Pioneer need to be 5 men.
Pg need to become cheaper and get 5 men with g43 doctrinal, maybe limited to commander without super heavy tanks.
Stug could swap TWP with JPs camo.
7 Jan 2018, 17:28 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW dont have good support now in 2v2, ISG not good imo, only stuka. Also this patch is more about AT guns, go 2 at guns with allies and axis medium will be waste, so its more about infatry vs infatry into arty.
For me more better play with ostheer/soviet coz thay have support units. With OKW its just now infatry meat wafes i think. Only early game are in still same level for them, but cannot still same problem with mid.
7 Jan 2018, 18:52 PM

Honestly ostheer infantry are good with good combinations but they do lack good TDs without a doctrine. Leaving you with stug spam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS