Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
3 Nov 2017, 00:39 AM

yh for OKW but what about OST, what reliable tank hunters they got Stug? lol that 480hp junk that gets out ranged

The stug is cheap for what it is. Only 90 fuel iirc. Very cost effective unit. Get more of them, or spend the resources on something that complements them. If you want something to pack a bigger punch go elefant or tiger.
3 Nov 2017, 01:36 AM

Can we limit vasa's post count/day?

It's a lot to read through all his spam and 4x post in a row.
3 Nov 2017, 01:53 AM

hahaha, you know when the werhaboos around here have no idea how to play the game when they say that stugs are bad...
3 Nov 2017, 02:10 AM

yh for OKW but what about OST, what reliable tank hunters they got Stug? lol that 480hp junk that gets out ranged

The Stug-G has 560 HP!
Do you even play this game? Sometimes I wonder, but you know, that would be a cool nerf to add to the patch.
3 Nov 2017, 06:03 AM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65046/dbp-1-1-lightning-war-vs-mechanized-suport-tactics

I got outplayed by Von in this game pretty early but i think flare mines should be looked, i think they are too cheap and spammable, can make some serious damage, maybe making only a ability for combat engineers and not cons? and i think demos need a rework too, the wipe potential of them with only 1 click is too strong in my opinion, Von said that maybe could be added a limit to only 1 planted at the time or increasing its price to 120, i think it should have a limit of wipes like mines, like leaving only 1 model alive so it doesnt wipe the entire squad but there is still a risk to get wiped. Cons feel really good now vs ostheer, it is really easy to clear buildings with the molotov, now that it comes with the at nade its really good. Now guards can be called again in the field so its also a good thing for combining with t2. Also it felt really difficult to take cons/guards out of their sandbags but i have to keep testing that, because i could have gone a mortar o flamers.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65047/dbp-1-1-blitzkrieg-vs-lend-lease

This game was better in my opinion, aparently grens with lmg are better vs cons behind the sandbags, had to go double hmg because of Von superior micro, Stugs perform really well, the medium tank fight seemed good, as Von said the same hotkey is for the t34 and the m4c sherman in the t4 structure for soviets, dshk seem to be good too, not overnerf or overpowered, maybe tweak a little its damage, gotta keep testing vs okw now and test stug, i think it wipes infantry models too often with its main cannon, and ju87 i think it still performs too well but gotta keep testing.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65048/dbp-1-1-guard-motor-coordination-tactics-vs-luftwaffe-supply

Now i think the combo mortar+smoke+molotovs is really good to clear garrisons, now cons feel really good supported by t2, maxims seem ok, i had fuel control very early because redwings tried to go straigth t4 but it didnt work really well because he didnt go light vehicle and it was really easy to dominate with my t70 without 222 or pak, by the time he got his panther i had 2 t34/85s by the time, maybe should look the armor nerf for panther because you have to think that allied tanks are cheaper and there will be more numbers but gotta keep testing, and ostheer panther mgs feel kinda worse compared to okw ones, i think ostheer mgs should be buffed a little bit and okw panther mgs should be nerfed a little bit. Oh and demos still wiping full health squads :P. Also this was vs ostheer, maybe vs okw cons maybe will be less efective, maybe consider giving them a single dp28? Also the ostheer commander could be also reworked?

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65049/dbp-1-1-mechanized-company-vs-lightning-war

This game felt really weird, it seems that the hp buff for jackson was too much, it feels more like a medium tank without the anti infantry capabilities, the t4 rush felt really good but i felt kinda limited in one point, the repair speed of vet 0 pios is really slow, it was attacking with my tanks, receive a couple of shots with the jacksons, go back, repair for 5 min and repeat, i think vet 0 repair speed should be increased and maybe vet 2 bonus nerfed because it felt kinda bad having to make 4 pios to have a decent repair speed of tanks and i felt kinda limited also with pop cap, i had fuel to make more tanks but i was limited to 1 panther, 1 tiger and 1 brummbar and i feel that was insuficient to deal with the redwings tanks but i had ju87, that it seems like they overperform a little, so i was able to defend/attack properly but i have to test with doctrines that dont have ju87. Redwings told me that it feels kinda annoying having to use REs and rifles together but he thinks that forcing usf to use combined arms is kinda a cool idea, but this was vs ostheer i dont know how usf performs vs okw luchs rush, gotta test it, also he told me that if you dont go grenades it will be a mandatory to go mortar. Also i think there is a bug with pak twp because it takes too long to shot and algo pgren bundle nade seemed kinda buggy because of the same reason, other than that i think the idea behind teching its cool but i have to keep testing. Also it seems that the m7 mine isnt enough, i dont know how it works vs light vehicles but i activated a mine with my brummbar and it only slowed the motor and i think that should be punished, i think it should be given a normal mine. Gotta keep testing smoke with REs. Maybe also tweak down a little the stats of the mortar and give it more range?
3 Nov 2017, 07:38 AM

Can somobody make same video test in this patch ?

Agreed

USF have pintle, and Soviets have pintle, so wtf are you talking about lol ?
3 Nov 2017, 07:59 AM

comon...

who stay with his panther in front of allie infantery in this close range??

test panther and comet on rang 35+ and try to kill infantery with this both tanks.

u will see panther will take double time to kill all...

if u stay so close to allie infntery..your engine will be death in 5 sec....
3 Nov 2017, 08:08 AM

test panther and comet on rang 35+ and try to kill infantery with this both tanks.

u will see panther will take double time to kill all...

if u stay so close to allie infntery..your engine will be death in 5 sec....

+1 but BS propaganda still spread.
3 Nov 2017, 09:07 AM

OKW
Sturmpioneer

Panther V

Rear Echelon

Firefly

Target Weak Point/Treadshot (Quality of Life)

Forward Retreat Points
3 Nov 2017, 10:06 AM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65046/dbp-1-1-lightning-war-vs-mechanized-suport-tactics

I got outplayed by Von in this game pretty early but i think flare mines should be looked, i think they are too cheap and spammable, can make some serious damage, maybe making only a ability for combat engineers and not cons? and i think demos need a rework too, the wipe potential of them with only 1 click is too strong in my opinion, Von said that maybe could be added a limit to only 1 planted at the time or increasing its price to 120, i think it should have a limit of wipes like mines, like leaving only 1 model alive so it doesnt wipe the entire squad but there is still a risk to get wiped. Cons feel really good now vs ostheer, it is really easy to clear buildings with the molotov, now that it comes with the at nade its really good. Now guards can be called again in the field so its also a good thing for combining with t2. Also it felt really difficult to take cons/guards out of their sandbags but i have to keep testing that, because i could have gone a mortar o flamers.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65047/dbp-1-1-blitzkrieg-vs-lend-lease

This game was better in my opinion, aparently grens with lmg are better vs cons behind the sandbags, had to go double hmg because of Von superior micro, Stugs perform really well, the medium tank fight seemed good, as Von said the same hotkey is for the t34 and the m4c sherman in the t4 structure for soviets, dshk seem to be good too, not overnerf or overpowered, maybe tweak a little its damage, gotta keep testing vs okw now and test stug, i think it wipes infantry models too often with its main cannon, and ju87 i think it still performs too well but gotta keep testing.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65048/dbp-1-1-guard-motor-coordination-tactics-vs-luftwaffe-supply

Now i think the combo mortar+smoke+molotovs is really good to clear garrisons, now cons feel really good supported by t2, maxims seem ok, i had fuel control very early because redwings tried to go straigth t4 but it didnt work really well because he didnt go light vehicle and it was really easy to dominate with my t70 without 222 or pak, by the time he got his panther i had 2 t34/85s by the time, maybe should look the armor nerf for panther because you have to think that allied tanks are cheaper and there will be more numbers but gotta keep testing, and ostheer panther mgs feel kinda worse compared to okw ones, i think ostheer mgs should be buffed a little bit and okw panther mgs should be nerfed a little bit. Oh and demos still wiping full health squads :P. Also this was vs ostheer, maybe vs okw cons maybe will be less efective, maybe consider giving them a single dp28? Also the ostheer commander could be also reworked?

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65049/dbp-1-1-mechanized-company-vs-lightning-war

This game felt really weird, it seems that the hp buff for jackson was too much, it feels more like a medium tank without the anti infantry capabilities, the t4 rush felt really good but i felt kinda limited in one point, the repair speed of vet 0 pios is really slow, it was attacking with my tanks, receive a couple of shots with the jacksons, go back, repair for 5 min and repeat, i think vet 0 repair speed should be increased and maybe vet 2 bonus nerfed because it felt kinda bad having to make 4 pios to have a decent repair speed of tanks and i felt kinda limited also with pop cap, i had fuel to make more tanks but i was limited to 1 panther, 1 tiger and 1 brummbar and i feel that was insuficient to deal with the redwings tanks but i had ju87, that it seems like they overperform a little, so i was able to defend/attack properly but i have to test with doctrines that dont have ju87. Redwings told me that it feels kinda annoying having to use REs and rifles together but he thinks that forcing usf to use combined arms is kinda a cool idea, but this was vs ostheer i dont know how usf performs vs okw luchs rush, gotta test it, also he told me that if you dont go grenades it will be a mandatory to go mortar. Also i think there is a bug with pak twp because it takes too long to shot and algo pgren bundle nade seemed kinda buggy because of the same reason, other than that i think the idea behind teching its cool but i have to keep testing. Also it seems that the m7 mine isnt enough, i dont know how it works vs light vehicles but i activated a mine with my brummbar and it only slowed the motor and i think that should be punished, i think it should be given a normal mine. Gotta keep testing smoke with REs. Maybe also tweak down a little the stats of the mortar and give it more range?

+1
3 Nov 2017, 11:55 AM

hahaha, you know when the werhaboos around here have no idea how to play the game when they say that stugs are bad...
stugs are good but panther is still bad with no role ally fanboy
3 Nov 2017, 12:07 PM

18 pages is nothing but Panther discussion WOW !!!
We have so many treads about this already.

OKW Panther spam in large team game is real problem since WFA release but Osteer one is not.

Still have no role for Osteer Panther:
- for tackle Heavies (better rely on doctrine units, OP broken StuG spam or combined arms)
- versatile Main battle tanks (with triple MG42 LUL)
- or for counter allies premium medium tanks spam (and again glorious STuG spam will do the job better and cheaper)

3 Nov 2017, 12:15 PM

OKW Panther spam in large team game is real problem since WFA release but Osteer one is not.

Still have no role for Osteer Panther:
- for tackle Heavies (better rely on doctrine units, OP broken StuG spam or combined arms)
- versatile Main battle tanks (with triple MG42 LUL)
- or for counter allies premium medium tanks spam (and again glorious STuG spam will do the job better and cheaper)

This game isn't CS, it has A FAR MORE central competitive 1vs1 mode, where DE FACTO panthers are dead, and this game kills their zombie corpses.

Sherman can have triple hmg and he shells, panzer 4 can have triple hmg and aoe main gun.
Late game infantry in a crater (green cover) will get no damage from panther at any reasonable distance, including snare range.
3 Nov 2017, 12:18 PM

OKW Panther is OP (Command Panther as well) bring it in a good spot of Werm Panther.
3 Nov 2017, 12:21 PM
Patrion 14

Late game infantry in a crater (green cover) will get no damage from panther at any reasonable distance, including snare range.

Aren't normal craters mostly yellow cover except for the craters created by demos?
3 Nov 2017, 12:38 PM

Aren't normal craters mostly yellow cover except for the craters created by demos?

Yep, but you can test it in yellow too.
In yellow there will be a notable difference.
In green the difference will even be bigger.
3 Nov 2017, 12:42 PM

I'll have to watch the games myself, to get a better picture. However here is our intention with changes.

I got outplayed by Von in this game pretty early but i think flare mines should be looked, i think they are too cheap and spammable, can make some serious damage, maybe making only a ability for combat engineers and not cons?

I agree. a cooldown on Conscripts laying down tripwire flares would solve this.

and i think demos need a rework too, the wipe potential of them with only 1 click is too strong in my opinion, Von said that maybe could be added a limit to only 1 planted at the time or increasing its price to 120, i think it should have a limit of wipes like mines, like leaving only 1 model alive so it doesnt wipe the entire squad but there is still a risk to get wiped.

Something needs to be done with demos, and this would be a good patch to do that.

Cons feel really good now vs ostheer, it is really easy to clear buildings with the molotov, now that it comes with the at nade its really good. Now guards can be called again in the field so its also a good thing for combining with t2. Also it felt really difficult to take cons/guards out of their sandbags but i have to keep testing that, because i could have gone a mortar o flamers.

The idea is that Conscripts, when they reach Vet3, they should be really good defenders to hold down territory. I haven't really experienced that in my games vs Miragefla, because he always goes mortar, and that ends up blowing the sandbags, etc.

This game was better in my opinion, aparently grens with lmg are better vs cons behind the sandbags, had to go double hmg because of Von superior micro,

At lower vet, this should be fine. However at higher Vet, sandbag Cons should have the advantage against lower-cover grens. That's because sandbags can't A-move as efficiently as LMGs. I'll have to watch the replays to tell you.

Stugs perform really well, the medium tank fight seemed good, as Von said the same hotkey is for the t34 and the m4c sherman in the t4 structure for soviets, dshk seem to be good too, not overnerf or overpowered, maybe tweak a little its damage

Damage should go up, or should it go down, in your opinion; also, which range? Close? mid? Far?

gotta keep testing vs okw now and test stug, i think it wipes infantry models too often with its main cannon, and ju87 i think it still performs too well but gotta keep testing.

JU87 will still overperform, since its main cannon hasn't been touched. At least with critical hits being removed, your tanks have a snowball's chance in hell to move out of the killzone.

testing, and ostheer panther mgs feel kinda worse compared to okw ones, i think ostheer mgs should be buffed a little bit and okw panther mgs should be nerfed a little bit.

OST Panther is cheaper than OKW Panther, though. OST needs Panther mostly for its AT capability, whereas OKW has JP4 that can cover that role pretty well, already.

Also this was vs ostheer, maybe vs okw cons maybe will be less efective, maybe consider giving them a single dp28? Also the ostheer commander could be also reworked?

Thee will never be DP-28's handles to Conscripts. They do well vs OST, as you've probably seen. To fix Conscript performance vs OKW, we have to look at OKW overperforming infantry.

the repair speed of vet 0 pios is really slow, it was attacking with my tanks, receive a couple of shots with the jacksons, go back, repair for 5 min and repeat, i think vet 0 repair speed should be increased and maybe vet 2 bonus nerfed because it felt kinda bad having to make 4 pios to have a decent repair speed of tanks and i felt kinda limited also with pop cap,

Tanks need to have a downtime. Otherwise infantry play becomes unimportant in the lategame (see every game vs live-version OKW).

If you are having trouble attaining veterancy, slap some flamers on your pioneers. Lategame isn't meant to be tank spam & minesweepers.

i had fuel to make more tanks but i was limited to 1 panther, 1 tiger and 1 brummbar

That's already a lot of heavy armour. Maybe swap out the brummbar for another Panther? I don't see the gain in having both the brummbar and the tiger out at the same time. If you're planning on having both Brummbar and Tiger out, maybe supplement with Stugs?

As you said earlier, allies will have to have more tanks to deal with high armoured Panther. Those lighter low-armour tanks will take a lot of damage and will also have to be repaired too.

Redwings told me that it feels kinda annoying having to use REs and rifles together but he thinks that forcing usf to use combined arms is kinda a cool idea

Early game you're probably better off with a smoke mortar. Later game infantry-play should be a little more involved given that you're probably always going to be building a jackson.

Also, RE will play a lot better with Paratroopers now, without murdering your popcap.

Also i think there is a bug with pak twp because it takes too long to shot

That will be fixed. That's part of the double-shot countermeasures. Forced waiting time works better for vehicle TWP, since they can now use TWP while moving. However that doesn't seem to be working well for Pak40.

and algo pgren bundle nade seemed kinda buggy because of the same reason

SMG troops with grenades have always been derp. I don't know how to underp them.

Also it seems that the m7 mine isnt enough, i dont know how it works vs light vehicles but i activated a mine with my brummbar and it only slowed the motor and i think that should be punished, i think it should be given a normal mine. Gotta keep testing smoke with REs. Maybe also tweak down a little the stats of the mortar and give it more range?

Maybe it would help if the M7 mine wasn't triggered by infantry? Or deal slightly more damage? (currently it's 80).

You are practically throwing 15 munitions into the ground for a temporary debuff, and if an infantry model steps over it, they receive no bleed.
3 Nov 2017, 12:43 PM

"Panther V
As arguably the best non-doctrinal heavy tank in COH2, we felt that the unit offered too much benefit to spam and was increasingly dominate when produced in numbers."

Panther -> Spam???

What are you smoking?
3 Nov 2017, 12:47 PM

Permanently Banned
"Panther V
As arguably the best non-doctrinal heavy tank in COH2, we felt that the unit offered too much benefit to spam and was increasingly dominate when produced in numbers."

Panther -> Spam???

What are you smoking?

I would like to know to what the are comparing this tank. Because it's just random nerf with cheesy explanation
3 Nov 2017, 12:48 PM

We feel the Ostheer Panther is in a good spot?

Are you guys completely delusional? It is in the most expensive tier, in the most hard faction to play and can't fulfill its actual purpose. Overpriced as fuck.

You actually nerfed the Ostheer Panther? Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

This is what happens when they let a bunch of fanboys take over completely.

How about, actually ask the good players like they did for vCoH 2.602?

PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS