Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
2 Nov 2017, 15:14 PM
Patrion 14

I like the ghost-bag changes.

I'd prefer it though if it was impossible to start building a defensive structure when in combat. This would mean that starting to build under fire is not possible but continue to build under fire is.

This would completely eliminate the issue of ghost-bags to interrupt the movement of light vehicles.
2 Nov 2017, 15:15 PM

I like the ghost-bag changes.

I'd prefer it though if it was impossible to start building a defensive structure when in combat. This would mean that starting to build under fire is not possible but continue to build under fire is.

Ideally, yes. However, I don't think I can find a way to do this. Or, at least, that was a long time ago when I last tried it, and I don't remember if I exhausted all options.
2 Nov 2017, 15:16 PM
Patrion 14

Ideally, yes. However, I don't think I can find a way to do this. Or, at least, that was a long time ago when I last tried it, and I don't remember if I exhausted all options.

I see. That's a pity. But awesome that you tried :)
2 Nov 2017, 15:25 PM

Mr.Smith can you guys make any changes to mine laying time of factions? USF takes FOREVER to place mines while WM mines are placed super fast. This really need to be looked, right now you can easily place s-mine fields on retreat paths super fast and just wipe multiple squads, pretty much a 15 munition demo charge. Same goes for tellers.

meanwhile assault engineers take TWICE as long to plant a mine for no reason, even though you need a commander to do it.
Also, could RET gain the ability to plant mines too (with the defensive ability from commanders)
2 Nov 2017, 16:01 PM

WHAT?????????????

ARE YOU NUTS?????

WHAT GAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DUDE????

panther has no running down capacity, no AI from maing gun and pintle sucks!

This is proof: clich here Your text..

We talking about MG's or crushing? Crushing with the Comet is superior. I just told you the dps of the Panthers mg which is undeniably way higher then the comet. It's harder to crush with the panther sure but not impossible, you can also use combat blitz to increase your crush effectiveness.

In that video a german player blobbed towards a wall. Fun fact did you know any tank can crush really well if troops have no where to run? Even like an IS-2 could of wiped them all out with crush.

Reason crushing can be risky in my opinion is because of AT guns, mines and fausts. What looks like an appealing crush could actually be a trap. Crushing is great otherwise.
2 Nov 2017, 16:20 PM

Also, no changes to mortars? USF, WM and OKW mortars are broken as hell, especially on teamgames.

High RoF with pinpoint accuracy is some crazy shit that require next to no skill/micro to perform
2 Nov 2017, 16:24 PM

Also, no changes to mortars? USF, WM and OKW mortars are broken as hell, especially on teamgames.

High RoF with pinpoint accuracy is some crazy shit that require next to no skill/micro to perform

I didn’t know OKW had mortars.
2 Nov 2017, 16:25 PM

Permanently Banned

OKW have no mortar.
USF mortar is OK
OST is most nerfed faction already. And mortar is OK.

There is skill and micro required in mortar play*.

*excluding Mortar pits
2 Nov 2017, 16:39 PM

We talking about MG's or crushing? Crushing with the Comet is superior. I just told you the dps of the Panthers mg which is undeniably way higher then the comet. It's harder to crush with the panther sure but not impossible, you can also use combat blitz to increase your crush effectiveness.

In that video a german player blobbed towards a wall. Fun fact did you know any tank can crush really well if troops have no where to run? Even like an IS-2 could of wiped them all out with crush.

Reason crushing can be risky in my opinion is because of AT guns, mines and fausts. What looks like an appealing crush could actually be a trap. Crushing is great otherwise.

lol comet has superior AI then panther even with the 60 munition upgrade.
2 Nov 2017, 17:01 PM

How about removing mg upgrade from panther?
I mean seriously, nobody is going for panther to deal anything else except armor.
And it will remove that BS excuse for calling panther a generalist tank. And then they can improve him to be a better tank hunter. When that is going to be his only job, to hunt tanks.

A panther is a generalist tank. Do you know why? Because we already have tank hunters. Jagdpanzers and jagdtigers are tank hunters. The former literally translates to hunter tank.

I suspect what you want is a fast heavy tank to blaze through enemy lines and solo 3 jacksons. That isn't a tank hunter. That's a push to win button. The panther isn't as shit against infantry as you think. It just isn't an instant wipe machine, nor should it be since it is also good (yes good) vs tanks.

The panther is a heavy tank. It is there to be the backbone of a line and help dominate an area. And it does a damn fine job.
2 Nov 2017, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2017, 17:01 PMAronin

A panther is a generalist tank. Do you know why? Because we already have tank hunters. Jagdpanzers and jagdtigers are tank hunters. The former literally translates to hunter tank.

I suspect what you want is a fast heavy tank to blaze through enemy lines and solo 3 jacksons. That isn't a tank hunter. That's a push to win button. The panther isn't as shit against infantry as you think. It just isn't an instant wipe machine, nor should it be since it is also good (yes good) vs tanks.

The panther is a heavy tank. It is there to be the backbone of a line and help dominate an area. And it does a damn fine job.

yh for OKW but what about OST, what reliable tank hunters they got Stug? lol that 480hp junk that gets out ranged
2 Nov 2017, 17:15 PM

I didn’t know OKW had mortars.

OKW have no mortar.
USF mortar is OK
OST is most nerfed faction already. And mortar is OK.

There is skill and micro required in mortar play*.

*excluding Mortar pits

hurr durrr.

you guys know exactly what I'm talking about, if leig quacks like a mortar then it is a mortar, just because it is fancier doesn't mean it's not the same. Now can you guys stop making useless posts?

back on the subject, all mortars are pretty broken right now, the only one that come close to balance is the soviet, but only because T2 became a black sheep, with cons coming back I can see mortar spam becoming a thing again.
2 Nov 2017, 17:20 PM

Making units in combat deconstruct unfinished structures its the best way to solve the problem of ghosting at the moment.
Disabling units to build while in combat will surely fuck up engineers as they sometimes end up finishing mines or structures just in the nick of time to use it in combat.

Also, has anyone tried if these changes allow units in combat to deconstruct OKW trucks?
2 Nov 2017, 17:28 PM

nobody builds trucks, they use a different mechanic.
2 Nov 2017, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2017, 00:22 AMLuciano
Can someone explain what is that m7 mine for REs?
strong cheap mine good vs light and medium tanks if massed good vs heavy tanks
2 Nov 2017, 18:05 PM

I am a usf fan boi i love the changes
2 Nov 2017, 18:10 PM

\

actually there are other videos but they are not on youtube any more.
You are right about wall crushing.
Panther MG is so bad anyway that comet mg cant be worse buddy
2 Nov 2017, 18:12 PM

strong cheap mine good vs light and medium tanks if massed good vs heavy tanks

Relic suck.
I also love USF but for sooo long we haven't even had Heavy Tank.
Finally getting mines without doctrine.
I think tht Jackson will make it from OP VERY OP now :(
2 Nov 2017, 18:15 PM

Still i think this patch (if it goes through) doesn't adress a single of the main issues of coh2.
In fact it makes changes for the sake of change (except satchel, molotov, m7 mine)
:facepalm:
2 Nov 2017, 18:18 PM

Relic suck.
I also love USF but for sooo long we haven't even had Heavy Tank.nah somebjacksons shots might not pen
Finally getting mines without doctrine.
I think tht Jackson will make it from OP VERY OP now :(
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment