Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 Not so Balanced US Forces need real Buff

PAGES (13)down
7 Sep 2017, 19:37 PM

I think the OP wanting callin E8s back pretty much says everything we need to know about their idea of "balance" but to summarise "WAAAAAAAAAAAAH usf isnt coh 1 usa"
7 Sep 2017, 21:07 PM

USF have snipers, they are called pathfinders.

And Is not that USF is weak, it's the axis things that are too strong, P4 just bring USF to a halt since every time it shoots at a squad there is a good chance that the squad will need to retreat (it either kills multiple models or take a good chunk of hp out) and shermans are so underwhelming, especially with their price.

This is why armor company became almost mandatory, you get useful vehicles that are not overpriced as hell.
Path finers atre not snipers if the were htey would have the circle and snipe but not they take forever to kill to be storn g they msyt be double bars logn range and 3 vet AND I ONLY PALY AMROR OCFMPANY thats what i hate armor company is oyu only survivablility
7 Sep 2017, 21:10 PM

At this point I think some OKW early game nerfs would leave USF in a very strong position, it's easier to do that than say buff USF and turn USF vs Wehrmacht again into "Seal Clubbing" like when the Stuart basically spelled certain doom for them.
Dude are oyu kindign me USF vs OKW USF has no CHANCE Espceciali with the new OKW meta go for luncs 3 mins game so quick thats OP as fuck and jackson 480 helath in my ass and no mines sandbafs defense no callipe lack sniper lack mobility bicles USF is half amry get over only amror ocfmpayn makes it a bit good
7 Sep 2017, 21:14 PM

I think the OP wanting callin E8s back pretty much says everything we need to know about their idea of "balance" but to summarise "WAAAAAAAAAAAAH usf isnt coh 1 usa"
i played USF wgen they first came out and never sotp palyig with them and watchign them beign the worst of all build half army wit h nothing at late game jsut watchign your army falls apart riflemen dying shermans dying its jsut so paifu i mean its juyust makes me wanna die watchign them alte game
8 Sep 2017, 09:52 AM

For one thing, I would honestly choose .50 over mg42 every time given the choice. Faster setup, crazy dps, and really good stock penetration along with sprint and AP rounds. The only reason .50 can be this powerful is because it comes the latest of all nondoctrinal mgs. If .50 was t0 you could literally just spam like 4 and use them like the old maxim (a move to victory). Sure, they'd be a little squishier but they wreck infantry and light vehicles (except for luchs). Comparing .50 to mg42 is silly; the only thing mg42 has over the .50 is a wider arc, which doesn't even matter because the .50 can setup and teardown very fast.

Edit: this is coming from a usf player.

no prublem mate, give .50 cal same stats as MG-42 and put in T0.
8 Sep 2017, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2017, 09:52 AMFul4n0

no prublem mate, give .50 cal same stats as MG-42 and put in T0.

So riflemen, mg and mortar in t0?
Sounds great and absolutly balanced!
8 Sep 2017, 12:15 PM

yeah for OKW having 6 commander abilitys is ballanced and 3 kuble spam and win and then luc light tank and hten gg at first 5 mins
8 Sep 2017, 12:34 PM

yeah for OKW having 6 commander abilitys is ballanced and 3 kuble spam and win and then luc light tank and hten gg at first 5 mins

Nah, 6 penals, thats when the fun starts.
8 Sep 2017, 12:37 PM

Remember the days when every fifth "balance debate" were big swooping dramatic discussions about minutia and power dynamics at the very least, not just "I play faction X like Y, please make it viable".

Me neither.
8 Sep 2017, 13:48 PM

Nah, 6 penals, thats when the fun starts.
I know right i missed the old USF i want the to re ballance them they are not done with thme
8 Sep 2017, 16:50 PM

USF have the best spammable core inf in the game, very good long range M36 tank and Rengers (rengers are very effective), now if you use Pershing + 2x M36 + inf you can win every game. this is my favorite tactic and is tested.
8 Sep 2017, 17:03 PM

I think the USF was doing ok with some bits of nerf and buff needed like the M8A1 Motar need some nerf cause i dominate players a little too much and the M36 Jackson dies a little too fast (Which i hope the next patch can implement)

I have a somewhat balance W/L ratio for my USF with my Win slowly climbing up, but i would say that the USF is actually good as it is with vehicle require tweaking.
8 Sep 2017, 20:03 PM

Other factions units need to be balanced around the USF. IMO USF has the most balanced unit roster.

USF doesn't really have anything that's artificially underpriced (HMG42, LMG42) or clearly overperforming for price. (Penals, T70.)

My two cents but I stopped playing a little while ago
9 Sep 2017, 03:25 AM
Donator 11

USF really just bleeds out the ass the whole game TBH. The Mortar Accuracy got over nerfed.

Riflemen survivability should go up slightly like.....5% to stop the 5th man from dropping so fast.

Pak howi Arty changes from the Player Balance Patch should be incorperated.

Fuel cost for the Wc51 truck should come down 5 fuel or dropped to a flat 10 fuel 280mp cost.

Med truck acceleration should come up 5-10% or so

Smoke nade area fill should happen faster

This and all the changes from the balance preview were good enough and should be tested along with the changes up top (give or take as they are not set in stone).

Really they just need minor changes at this point as they can be potent....just dont have the surviavibilty to deal out the damage that they should and as such get beat by cheaper units in most cases.
9 Sep 2017, 12:46 PM

Path finers atre not snipers if the were htey would have the circle and snipe but not they take forever to kill to be storn g they msyt be double bars logn range and 3 vet AND I ONLY PALY AMROR OCFMPANY thats what i hate armor company is oyu only survivablility

They are "snipers" in the sense that their scoped garands automatically insta kill any models below 30% health I think.
9 Sep 2017, 16:29 PM

Okw has an assault squad (for early game anyway) that doubles as uberpioneeers, mainline infantry, the kubel, and an atgun in t0. You also get access to an mg no matter what tier you go. Ost has an mg, mortar, mainline infantry, and a sniper in t1 (which is built right away so might as well be t0 for timing). So why would that be op? That being said, I don't think it's the solution for usf.
9 Sep 2017, 16:53 PM

Okw has an assault squad (for early game anyway) that doubles as uberpioneeers, mainline infantry, the kubel, and an atgun in t0. You also get access to an mg no matter what tier you go. Ost has an mg, mortar, mainline infantry, and a sniper in t1 (which is built right away so might as well be t0 for timing). So why would that be op? That being said, I don't think it's the solution for usf.

Axis players want USF mainline infantry to not overcome their cheapest infantry but don't want USF to get an easier access to their support units to balance it.
USF design is screwed in any ways.
9 Sep 2017, 17:49 PM

They are "snipers" in the sense that their scoped garands automatically insta kill any models below 30% health I think.
oh nice but ariborne is meh armor company is OP with awesome rifle company
9 Sep 2017, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2017, 16:53 PMEsxile

Axis players want USF mainline infantry to not overcome their cheapest infantry but don't want USF to get an easier access to their support units to balance it.
USF design is screwed in any ways.

Yeah I've honestly given up on usf to some degree because it's just poorly designed. It's like they thought of all their options and took the shittier one every time. Let's make a tier with no machine gun and and at gun, but also give them a designated light vehicle hunter. And let's give the tier with a machinegun a flaktrack and no form of anti tank. Let's give them a squishy medium tank, a squishy tank destroyer, and a squishy mobile gun carriage(?) and no mines, except on a glorified kubelwagen that costs 340 manpower and 70 muni, but that's ok because they get 1 bazooka (on a squad with the same target size as weapon teams). And let's give them only riflemen as a combat squad to start (and the mortar now but you can't survive with less than 3 rifles still) and give them even more (free) rifle squads with tech (which keeps you from getting shit you actually need from tech). Usf would be so much better even if they literally just got a fucking jeep (even a kubel copypasta).

There's my blowing off steam for the day. It may sound somewhat fanboyish(?) but it's all true.

Paths aren't really snipers but they are pretty good. Their problems are that they come at 1cp and they cost a fuck ton to reinforce and take 2 pop per model.
9 Sep 2017, 23:36 PM

Maybe, i say MAYBE ost mainline /=/ usf mainline
Maybe (not sure about that) it's the early combination of the strongest mainline in game, a mortar and the mg with
1) the second best dps
2) the second best suppression
3) fastest repositioning
4) vet 0 AP rounds
5) sprint
that worries people.

Yeah I've honestly given up on usf to some degree because it's just poorly designed. It's like they thought of all their options and took the shittier one every time. Let's make a tier with no machine gun and and at gun, but also give them a designated light vehicle hunter. And let's give the tier with a machinegun a flaktrack and no form of anti tank. Let's give them a squishy medium tank, a squishy tank destroyer, and a squishy mobile gun carriage(?) and no mines, except on a glorified kubelwagen that costs 340 manpower and 70 muni, but that's ok because they get 1 bazooka (on a squad with the same target size as weapon teams). And let's give them only riflemen as a combat squad to start (and the mortar now but you can't survive with less than 3 rifles still) and give them even more (free) rifle squads with tech (which keeps you from getting shit you actually need from tech). Usf would be so much better even if they literally just got a fucking jeep (even a kubel copypasta).

There's my blowing off steam for the day. It may sound somewhat fanboyish(?) but it's all true.

Paths aren't really snipers but they are pretty good. Their problems are that they come at 1cp and they cost a fuck ton to reinforce and take 2 pop per model.

Sherman isn't squishy AT ALL, has 160 armor, same as Cromwell, only 20 less than panzer 4, smoke for atg's, 120 pen (better than panzer 4), he shells that murder infantry compared to EVERY tank in game, while it costs less than cromwell and much less than panzer 4, as it is arguably the most cost efficient medium in game.
Too bad that for 110 fuel it doesn't trasform into Optimus Prime right ?

Yeah their mines on "glorified kubelwagen", are the only nondoctrinal mine that can 100% fully block tanks.
And of course we should ignore that the faction has the least mp intensive at infantry and the tank destroyer that comes BEFORE even normal mediums, as well as having the best suited mg for countering light vehicles, then yes, liutenent is hopeless against vehicles.

Last tournaments USF didn't show any kind of issues dominating/fighting back early to mid game.
It got extremely good results if we want to look at it.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS