Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
30 Jun 2017, 04:10 AM

It seem like SU late game infantries stil need something.
Guard change pretty good (still have no chance to cause some Turret lock to axis tank tho xD).
Is it possible to give DP-28 in the Guard hands can firing on the move ?
Elite LMG infantry but did not know how to use LMG on the move is strange IMO.
30 Jun 2017, 07:29 AM

Smith, you guys may want to include within the title of this thread (And the EFA thread) that this is a mod. You know, to prevent any confusion as to whether these changes effect the live version of the game.

Thanks!
Yes, I also want to know that. (To know why it is started on the gameplay section rather than the modding board and why it is treated like an official Balance Preview Mod)
30 Jun 2017, 07:44 AM

Heavy crash for M36 Jackson is needed
30 Jun 2017, 08:22 AM

Given the SU-76 got a substantial penetration nerf, it needs accuracy or it would not be reliable in its primary role. The unit itself doesn't deal a lot of damage unless used in batteries and is very vulnerable to flanks or exploding to AT in general.

The M10 got a boost to mid-range accuracy since it's now being restricted by the call-in changes and the unit in general already has less accuracy than traditional TDs.

SU-85 would be very meh without good accuracy. It already needs more shots to kill the heavier tanks and is a casemate TD which can't really chase. Sure it can take on mediums, but fighting vehicles and tanks is the only thing this unit can do aside from its clunky spotting mechanics.

M36 could possibly see a far nerf, depending, but it's still USF's only primary AT vehicle. No Stuarts, Shermans do not count as they are AV (not AT) or a generalist. Also zooks and ATGs are not exactly mobile enough to chase unless the opponent dives in with tanks.

If you really hate the TDs so much, fight them with inf or ATGs that forces them to back off. Mediums aren't useless as they are still very potent against infantry, respond quickly to harassment, protect core elements of the army by acting as an anchor and can harm TDs if they get around. This isn't a 1v1 game where everything is taken in a vacuum.

Let my try to put this into number so you can understand.
Keep in mind that the chance to hit is to score a "natural hit" and the change allot higher due to collision.
Keep also in mind that Stug, Panther and M10 have a range of 50 while the other a range of 60. Keep also in mind that M10 is designed a flanker TD mobile and cheap.

Things to note:
Stug chance to damage enemy medium went down to x88%
Su-76 chance to damage enemy medium went up x141%
M36 chance to damage enemy medium went up x114% combined with the extra HP M36 is far better at dealing withe medium.

Other:
The 55+ range tds are so accurate at max range that have accuracy 100%+(with vet) while the 50 range Tds have far less.

Example m36 stug Panther vs medium stationary, move, move with vet bonus

m36 85% 66% 86%
stug 88% 44% 44%
panther 66% 33% 33%

The M36 is x250% times more accurate on the move (vet2)at range 55 than a panther at range 50...

30 Jun 2017, 08:34 AM

Yes, I also want to know that. (To know why it is started on the gameplay section rather than the modding board and why it is treated like an official Balance Preview Mod)

I bet they won´t respond to this.
30 Jun 2017, 09:46 AM

Not possible. That's something that only Relic can ever fix.

Sad to hear.
30 Jun 2017, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2017, 08:34 AMFul4n0

I bet they won´t respond to this.
Yes because the OKW nerfs/paralyzations are so drastic and devastating that they are afraid to announce that it is actually the Summer Balance Preview mod.
30 Jun 2017, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 00:12 AMVipper

In this patch Stug has only 10 more frontal armor than M36 but less HP, less accuracy, less range,less damage, less sight and far less penetrations.

The M36 is far more forgiving than the stug, Su-76, Su-85 if one "is too reckless with it", due to sight bonus, turret, and speed.

The fact that Su-76, Su-85, Firefly, and M36 can snipe PZIV well beyond their range makes PZIV an expensive later version of T70 having a limited window of opportunity.

The chances to score a "natural hit" on mediums at max range simply needs to way down so buffing the accuracy of the M10 and M36 is a step in the wrong direction. Their accuracy should go down not up.

==========
The Stug is also 9 pop and 90 fuel.
The Jackson is 14 pop - lost the de-crew less pop - and it's price went from 125 fuel to 145 fuel.

Germans have inexpensive tank destroyers. Puma. StuG.
Americans seem to need to buy a quasi Panther before they can get a tank destroyer.

The loss of range is a huge loss, tho. Although the M36 Jackson was indeed nicknamed "Slugger" (Really)

I do not understand the M10 going to 9 pop, when it lost a HUGE way to vet up (Squishing infantry)

- If you are going to huge nerf the american tank pop thing, could you perhaps lower their pop
by 2 ? They do not have british quality (12 pop Cromwell vs 12 pop Panzer 4). The 12 pop Sherman short
75 will be at a huge disadvantage, seeing as Americans will be on a number parity of tanks with the
Germans, while the germans will have BOTH the same numbers AND superior quality to the American tanks.

Sherman 75 from 12 to 10
Sherman E8 from 14 to 12
Jackson from 14 to 12
And so forth.

30 Jun 2017, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2017, 08:22 AMVipper

Let my try to put this into number so you can understand.
Keep in mind that the chance to hit is to score a "natural hit" and the change allot higher due to collision.
Keep also in mind that Stug, Panther and M10 have a range of 50 while the other a range of 60. Keep also in mind that M10 is designed a flanker TD mobile and cheap.

Things to note:
Stug chance to damage enemy medium went down to x88%
Su-76 chance to damage enemy medium went up x141%
M36 chance to damage enemy medium went up x114% combined with the extra HP M36 is far better at dealing withe medium.

Other:
The 55+ range tds are so accurate at max range that have accuracy 100%+(with vet) while the 50 range Tds have far less.

Example m36 stug Panther vs medium stationary, move, move with vet bonus

m36 85% 66% 86%
stug 88% 44% 44%
panther 66% 33% 33%

The M36 is x250% times more accurate on the move (vet2)at range 55 than a panther at range 50...

The germans get insane armor as a perk.
Americans get gyroscope as a perk. That is US Faction Design. Accuracy on the move.
All American tanks have it. And M1 Garand, BAR, etc. Every weapon of the americans works on the
move (except the M1919A6 and it was nerfed to 1 per squad only, so, RIP).

Americans would be fine losing the Gyro if Germans would be fine losing 50% of frontal armor
on all their tanks. And also, a signed documents stating that you won't complain if all factions
suddenly become completely homogenous, with 100% same unit stats and abilities, so people can finally
stop complaining for once.

Panther has twice the health of the Jackson... no, wait
1200 vs 480, was it?
30 Jun 2017, 19:44 PM

1200 vs 480, was it?

wat

Panthers have 800 health. Jacksons have 480 in live. Sherman and p4s have 640.

480 health is 3 standard shells to kill. 640 is 4, 800 is 5.
30 Jun 2017, 19:47 PM
Developer Relic Badge

1200 vs 480, was it?

800 vs 480 in live (Panther/Jackson)

A normal medium has 640.

Armour is 320 vs 130.

That is fine as Panthers are meant to slug it out with lighter vehicles (kites heavier ones) and are also costlier while not having the most impressive main gun. They are tough if shot frontally, but quickly falter if you get around, use heavy AT or RNG kicks in and lets Shermans pen them at max.

I could include veterancy, but then we'd have to include Jackson HVAP.
30 Jun 2017, 19:56 PM

Yes because the OKW nerfs/paralyzations are so drastic and devastating that they are afraid to announce that it is actually the Summer Balance Preview mod.

Lol.

I dare you to name one nerf that can be called "devastating" or "paralyzing".
30 Jun 2017, 20:23 PM

Lol.

I dare you to name one nerf that can be called "devastating" or "paralyzing".

Starting vehicle being a late-game-useless + situational kubel.
30 Jun 2017, 20:23 PM

LE.ig
Revamped to act as a support gun:
- Mini-assault gun when auto-attacking
- High-angle attacks when barraging

- Auto-fire reload from 6.5-7.1 to 4.25
- Fixed an issue where hold-fire wasn’t working
- Penetration reduced from 75 to 35
- Cost from 330 to 280
- Crew size from 1.15 to 1
- Population from 9 to 8
- 1.75 Ready-aim time on barrages to prevent the ability to double-up on rounds

- Auto-fire range from 100 to 70
- Barrage range to 85, cooldown increased from 30 seconds to 40 seconds.
- Number of shells fired in barrage: from 4/8 (vet0/vet4) to 3/6.
- Smoke barrage available. 4 rounds, 30 secs cooldown; cooldown independent from other abilities
-Firing cone from 20 to 5

Honestly, even as a non-OKW player, these nerfs seem to be over the top. Doubtful that I'll desire to steal them anymore. Especially with such a small Firing Cone.
30 Jun 2017, 20:28 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Honestly, even as a non-OKW player, these nerfs seem to be over the top. Doubtful that I'll desire to steal them anymore. Especially with such a small Firing Cone.

Arc is the same. Firing cone is the angle the gun covers without needing to traverse left to right.
30 Jun 2017, 20:53 PM

So in other words, it serves to slows down their reaction time?
30 Jun 2017, 20:56 PM

So in other words, it serves to slows down their reaction time?

Yeah.

Mortars have the reload animation playing before they fire, which blunts the reaction time; ISG nothing.
1 Jul 2017, 14:08 PM

Thanks for answering my questions, as usual. :)

Been playing a few matches with the Americans and I have to say, they are a LOT easier to play in your mod and no, I'm not talking about the buffs. It's the Quality of Life Changes I love most.

Lieutenant no longer serves as a hindrance for your Riflemen abilities.

Sherman Smoke no longer gets fired off by all tanks in your control group.

The Pack Howitzer no longer gets the messed up UI when one of them hits Vet 2.

Paratroopers can actually hold ground now since they can get reinforcements from the air, even their weapon teams. Okay, it's a buff change but they can do their job properly now. This helped a lot in Gilroy's Harbour with the top left VP, especially when supported by the M20's, AT Mines.

USF is no longer the most frustrating to play faction for me anymore. :)
1 Jul 2017, 16:11 PM

With the M15A1 halftruck, is possible to give it some more anti garrison power? I feel like it should be the soft answer the garrison. Also, I feel when it finally achieves vet 3, the pen buff serves no purpose.

Same applies with the OKW flak halftruck, the pen buff dosnt really do much.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS