Login

russian armor

Repair Speed Tweaks

30 May 2016, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 12:31 PMcapiqua
-Move VET2 to VET1(SOV/WER) for more speed repair, so it is something more accessible.

This is probably THE best solution here.

Hell, I would even give up flares and medkits for that :sibHyena:
30 May 2016, 13:28 PM

Are you mental? Why would anyone vote for increasing repairs speed instad of lowering?

If I manage to almost kill KT, JT or Churchill it muast take big amount of time to fix it.

Currently if you almost kill on the these, they are back to fight 30secs later.

Taking 90% or more of the tank health should reward the player for a long absence and punish second player with long repair time.
30 May 2016, 14:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's not punishing enough for Brits and OKW to take heavy damage on their tanks. With OST or SOV you take a lot of damage on a tiger or IS2, they are out of the game for a significant time to repair giving you time to push. Perfect balance there, there has to be a punishment for taking damage without losing the vehicle. With OKW or anvil brits they can repair that damage in less that 20 seconds. It's unsatisfying to play against and contributes to making them much stronger in the late game. If you lose your sturmpios you can just buy another and get the sweeper upgrade. If you lose your vet2 CE or pios you are just fucked.

It's an example of powercreep that needs to be dealt with. You don't fix the problem by inflating the other factions.
30 May 2016, 14:29 PM

I am also with Tobis on this one. Deflate WFA/Brits instead, but do something about EFA veterancy being more attainable (or remove it!)

1. Infantry squads taking damage and forces you to retreat squad back to base where they can get healed/reinforced. You are being bled manpower both directly (reinforcing) and indirectly (upkeep for waiting).

Tanks, unlike infantry, don't bleed you manpower directly, but they only do indirectly:
- When you aren't using your tanks due to powerful hardcounters (e.g., Jagtiger)
- When you are repairing your tanks
- The fact that you require more engineers to repair a tank-heavy force.

Having a long enough repair speed ensures that panzer-heavy opponents are also penalized in some way. That is, provided we figure something out about infantry AT blobs.

2. Inflating everyone's repairspeed will actually hurt USF the most.

USF crew repairs require some amount of micro. If everyone is inflated to the level of Brits/OKW, that amount of micro will never be able to pay itself off.
30 May 2016, 14:45 PM

Idea 2)
Decrease the repair speed of all WFA factions and lower the increased amount by Minesweeper, vehicle crews etc.

This would lead to more tactical depth (IMO) because heavy damaged vehicles stay out of the field for a longer time (Just like the current Ostheer Tiger).

This I agree with. I also like the proposed idea of shuffling around SU/OST veterancy bonuses for repair units.
30 May 2016, 18:21 PM

The old "solution" was for Ostheer to go Elite Troops and vet their Pioneers. You had 280MP/20FU Pioneers (pricing may be off, it's been awhile), but at least they were competetive with WFA factions. Soviets could spam repair stations, but it was the least practical of the two. At the current point in time, one is impossible and the other is improbable. I voted to increase repair speeds.
30 May 2016, 21:58 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Nerf WFA repair speeds for sure. Nothing is more depressing when you nearly kill a KT and take heaps of losses, then it is back on the field at full health a few seconds later.
30 May 2016, 22:09 PM
Donator 11

Just decrease WFA to match that of other factions.
31 May 2016, 01:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 14:13 PMTobis
It's an example of powercreep that needs to be dealt with. You don't fix the problem by inflating the other factions.

+1
I'll go a middle route although.

OH/SU:

Repair rate is 1.6 and +1 with vet. Sweepers increase repair by 0.2

OKW:
Making Mech HQ pay for the upgrades is a long way in solving the issue IMO.
Reduce repair speed from 3.0 to 2.5

IF SP are gonna receive the schrecks, i'll consider moving veterancy bonuses.

-Unlocks the 'Medical Supplies' ability
-30% weapon cooldown, -23% received accuracy, +25% construction rate
-Unlocks the 'Concussive Grenade' Ability, No longer takes extra damage while repairing
-23% received accuracy, +20% accuracy (Probably changed to cooldown)
- +40% accuracy (Probably tone down and split bonuses between accuracy/cooldown/reload),

+33% repair rate Removed.

Thoughts:
*Change on accuracy in order to avoid sniper shrecks all over again.
**Increased repair through vet removed to put more emphasis on whether you want an AT or repair unit. SP repairs almost at 2x in comparison to EFA. With sweepers it's 2.5x. After changes, SP get's 1.5x repair speed and with sweep 2.2x
***I consider that Schreck and Sweeper should be mutually exclusive.

USF:
RET reduce repair from 2.0 to 1.6. They get a 5th guy at vet3 which already increases it repair time and has access to weapons to make it easier.
Maybe make Assault engineers repair at 2.0 from 1.6 so they also have some role later on.

Fix/Balance superglue.

UKF:

RE reduce repair to 1.8 from 2.0
Anvil upgrade to 3.5 from 4.0
Simil with USF. They can access weapons (easier to vet) and 5th man for further repair.

On second thoughts, we could leave veterancy for OKW as it's now, but make the schreck upgrade reduce repair rate. The point is that generally, it's hard to vet a SP in order to be able to benefit from the repair increase. This should also apply to zook/PIAT if possible.
31 May 2016, 02:38 AM
Patrion 14

EFAs have it right
31 May 2016, 08:41 AM

Give all engineers xp for building or destroying(barbed wire,mines,demo charges,reduce WFA and UKF engineers repair speed and increase a little bit the EFA repair speed.Make all engineers repair almost the same(based on mp,vet,abilities)
31 May 2016, 09:53 AM

I'm more a fan of an action packed CoH2 than a slow paced ded game.

Fast repairs for everyone. Don't touch the other 3 factions.
31 May 2016, 10:27 AM

I'm more a fan of an action packed CoH2 than a slow paced ded game.

Fast repairs for everyone. Don't touch the other 3 factions.

So you're saying that if enemy runs straight into a mine in front of AT guns, which bring in it down to 5%HP and then 2-3 bounces occure and 5%HP KT is back in base, it should be full health again in 20-30secs without any penalties?
31 May 2016, 10:36 AM

Not 30 seconds, but with 2 vet3 sweeper SPIOS and a teched repair truck, it should take 1 minute at max. See, that is a hefty investment on repairs alone.

Yes. The alternative we have here is the tiger/IS2 situation, it takes up to 5 minutes to bring these cats back into the match.
31 May 2016, 11:06 AM

Not 30 seconds, but with 2 vet3 sweeper SPIOS and a teched repair truck, it should take 1 minute at max. See, that is a hefty investment on repairs alone.

Yes. The alternative we have here is the tiger/IS2 situation, it takes up to 5 minutes to bring these cats back into the match.

Currently 10% HP King Tiger with Mech and 2x vet 3 SPIOS needs 23secs to be 100% HP.

10% Tiger with 2x vet 2 Pios need 47secs to be 100%HP.

Of course with sweeper upgrade.

It's too much in favour of WFA and Brits since Pios and CE are real investment for repairs (+way longer repairs) while Spios, RE and RE have also great battle utility so they are not "one-way" investments.
31 May 2016, 11:41 AM

Currently 10% HP King Tiger with Mech and 2x vet 3 SPIOS needs 23secs to be 100% HP.

10% Tiger with 2x vet 2 Pios need 47secs to be 100%HP.

Of course with sweeper upgrade.

It's too much in favour of WFA and Brits since Pios and CE are real investment for repairs (+way longer repairs) while Spios, RE and RE have also great battle utility so they are not "one-way" investments.

600 mp vetted at

vet3

with 60 ammo in upgrades, id say thats quite the investment in repairs + unit preservation and should be better than 2-3 pios.

Also if you got a kt down to 5 hp and dont manage to finish it off, either bad luck or bad play.

I Dont like the idea of punishing armor play and making infantry blobs even more convenient.

Let lategame armor be lategame-powered.

31 May 2016, 12:18 PM
Patrion 310

Also if you got a kt down to 5 hp and dont manage to finish it off, either bad luck or bad play.

What about an Ace @ 5HP kappa

I think that Brits, USF and OKW should have a reduction in repair speed while Soviets & Ost either need a slight buff or be allowed to gain vet through mines / repairing. The first 3 armies have no issue vetting engineers especially OKW while the latter struggle quite hard generally.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 118
unknown 23
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak