Login

russian armor

Repair Speed Tweaks

2 Jun 2016, 23:58 PM

My main beef is that Combat Engineers and Pioneers cut into your popcap without really providing much in the way of fighting ability. Yeah, flamethrower, but that weapon isn't usually all that great in the late-game.

OKW has Mech truck repairs, which don't cost population, and Sturms, who are also good fighters. USF has vehicle crews, which don't really use up any population, and Echelons, who are generally more useful in combat imo than Soviet and Ostheer engineers (primarily because of Bazookas).

Royal Engineers meanwhile are decent fighters and have a lot of utility while costing very little to reinforce. Plus they can pick up all sorts of weapons.
3 Jun 2016, 01:32 AM

My main beef is that Combat Engineers and Pioneers cut into your popcap without really providing much in the way of fighting ability. Yeah, flamethrower, but that weapon isn't usually all that great in the late-game.

OKW has Mech truck repairs, which don't cost population, and Sturms, who are also good fighters. USF has vehicle crews, which don't really use up any population, and Echelons, who are generally more useful in combat imo than Soviet and Ostheer engineers (primarily because of Bazookas).

Royal Engineers meanwhile are decent fighters and have a lot of utility while costing very little to reinforce. Plus they can pick up all sorts of weapons.

Mate, not sure what you are smoking, but it doesnt seem like you are doing this right...
Engies are there for support:
Lay mines
Remove mines
Deny flanks with wire/traps
Build bunkers/Fighting positions
And the flamer is a godsend when you come across a building with an MG
3 Jun 2016, 02:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mate, not sure what you are smoking, but it doesnt seem like you are doing this right...
Lay mines
Remove mines

While true, Carlos' point that the WFA/TBF versions provide more value relative to their cost to EF's could still be valid.

I don't really know about that though...I mostly feel like RoyEs and Mech Truck are the distinct issues there rather than the rest. SPs have been pretty long considered quickly inefficient in combat. REs probably could use a repair reduction from vet considering how easily they vet up with zookas, but they sure as hell could use Volley Fire being useful too.
3 Jun 2016, 02:24 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Lay mines
Remove mines

He said fighting ability. Out of all the engineer units, the EFA engies have the least combat potential aside from flamethrower support.

All the other stuff you mentioned can generally be done by the other engineers.

Anyways, I'm still for improvement of repair speed for the EFA if and only if, they buy the minesweeper since they give up a gun, have no ability no duel-equip, can't put it away, probably the least survivable, and have a hard time getting to that veterancy 2.

3 Jun 2016, 09:01 AM

Mech Truck repair has never struck me as being particularly quick btw. Think it's mostly useful because it means you don't have to divert your Sturmpioneers away from the fight.
3 Jun 2016, 15:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mech Truck repair has never struck me as being particularly quick btw. Think it's mostly useful because it means you don't have to divert your Sturmpioneers away from the fight.

It's a bit under a vet 2 EF engi squad, but it's especially microless and popless, which are very valuable traits in a late-game slog. With it and a vetted sweeper SP squad, nigh-dead Panthers will be rebuilt in 28 seconds. It's not something to rely solely on, unlike vehicle crews, but it combined with SPs can't be discounted (also for comparison, a fully vetted RE squad + vehicle crew will repair a Sherman faster than the Panther example by...like 2, 3 seconds).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
unknown 22
United Kingdom 340
United States 8
Germany 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W