Login

russian armor

Some thoughts on Sep 17th patch.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
16 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM

Just tried out brits.

Lost 2 full helth IS, on the move, to two leigs in the first shot :foreveralone:

Heard "poping" sound, move out but laser shells got me before I could move out from scatter lol

16 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 12:14 PMKatitof

No early game,much weaker mid game, still HUGE attrition, churchills and comet nerfed, hammer and anvil choices nerfed hard.

Yea, brits will be op as fuck, tooth fairy exists and Kluge doesn't abuse mod powers on twitch ::

You're right, he doesn't and if you want to live to see tomorrow you won't mention this heresy again. Kappa
16 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM

Just tried out brits.

Lost 2 full helth IS, on the move, to two leigs in the first shot :foreveralone:

That's not new, allies players are just learning what ostheer players have been dealing with :romeoMug:
16 Sep 2015, 21:11 PM

That's not new, allies players are just learning what ostheer players have been dealing with :romeoMug:

Which laser, fast coming shells are you reffering to?
16 Sep 2015, 21:12 PM

I have a huge problem dealing with Brits in 2s. Might be L2P issue but they excel at supporting their teammate, either another Brit or SU/USF.

The synergy is great. The same thing can be said about OKW in larger games (3s and 4s). But in 2s, it's easy for Brit player to play passive until they can build a bofors supported by a mortar and then stall for multiple Churchills.

In 1s, they struggle (haven't played but watched high ranked games). In 2s though, they hit very hard. The problem might also be map design (this argument never gets old). The maps are mostly too small so a mortar pit and a Bofors need a lot of co-ordination and resources to deal with. On the other hand, if you counter them fast the game is pretty much over.

Brits must be "normalized". Buff their early game and nerf late game. Emplacements are gonna be useless in the next patch though.
16 Sep 2015, 21:13 PM

120 mm's and kats. deal with it
16 Sep 2015, 21:21 PM

Referring to sudden RNG insta-squad wipes.
16 Sep 2015, 21:26 PM

IF they hit

unlike the ISG accurate wipes
16 Sep 2015, 21:47 PM
Donator 22

or demos :foreveralone:
16 Sep 2015, 21:50 PM

When I hear popping sound of mortar, I have plenty time to take few steps to get out from scatter.
When I hear leig, these is no time to get away.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 21:13 PMZyllen

120mm is overrated currenlty. No point to pay 400MP for something like this.
By the time you can get Katy, double leigs will bleed you like hell -> no MP to tech and get Katy :foreveralone:

Demos can be sweeped easily.
16 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 21:13 PMZyllen

120mm are bad, i don't know how many times i've to say this. Just get the T2 mortar.

330-340mp. Still overrated.

16 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM

Like it happens to ost yeah, but there's a difference in frequency and it's not that common early game. Ost isn't struggling in any game mode, but ISGs are pretty much carrying OKW to victory against brits right now by themselves. Idk what changed but they became beastly at some point. Losing map presence from a random squadwipe on a heavily manpower constrained faction that already has bad field presence on average is extremely punishing.
16 Sep 2015, 23:51 PM

120mm are bad, i don't know how many times i've to say this. Just get the T2 mortar.

True but for a long time they didnt suck as much as they do now.
16 Sep 2015, 23:53 PM

By the time you can get Katy, double leigs will bleed you like hell -> no MP to tech and get Katy :foreveralone:

Demos can be sweeped easily.

The point is that the axis had (or still do) to deal with a lot of one shotting abilities. even now soviet mines regularly one shot 4 man squads. including the obers and fsj's. so the leig one shotting stuff is really not an issue
16 Sep 2015, 23:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 23:53 PMZyllen

The point is that the axis had (or still do) to deal with a lot of one shotting abilities. even now soviet mines regularly one shot 4 man squads. including the obers and fsj's. so the leig one shotting stuff is really not an issue

If only mines had a counter,. some form of detection or something,.. one can dream,. damn you relic!!!
17 Sep 2015, 00:03 AM

If only mines had a counter,. some form of detection or something,.. one can dream,. damn you relic!!!

I dont think i ever seen a person missing the point this badly before.
17 Sep 2015, 00:06 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 00:03 AMZyllen

I dont think i ever seen a person missing the point this badly before.

I have no words..............
17 Sep 2015, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 23:53 PMZyllen

1 shots early game is bs no matter what faction your playing, it just punish brits the hardest.
This includes stupid stuff like Rifle Nade, TM35, Demos, Mortars, ISG its all dumb to loose
a 100% squad from one of those things. (You can have a early sweeper but it wont be everywhere)
17 Sep 2015, 00:17 AM
Donator 11

1 shots early game is bs no matter what faction your playing, it just punish brits the hardest.
This includes stupid stuff like Rifle Nade, TM35, Demos, Mortars, ISG its all dumb to loose
a 100% squad from one of those things. (You can have a early sweeper but it wont be everywhere)

you can argue "reduce one shooting" sure, but i'd leave mines out of it.

Sure your sweeper wont be everywhere, but they dont need to be. just covering advances and possibly high risk areas of retreat.

You can't avoid some indirect fire, and yeah, getting one shot by stuff like that should be reduced,. but mines? it hard to make an argument about them.

17 Sep 2015, 00:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

To be honest, I haven't seen a single mine one-shot in a long time. Even when the formations outside of cover were pants-on-head retarded. Though I'll admit I just might have not noticed it happen...
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS