Login

russian armor

Some thoughts on Sep 17th patch.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
15 Sep 2015, 12:45 PM

Ive personally have played on both ends of the spectrum,
9/10 when facing a tiger ace it would run over a mine or get marked and bursted,
This patch ive killed 3 of them in a single match with dual tulips.
Loosing your whole army to TA means you needed to prepare for it better.

I can't speak for 1's but in any team setting its a trash teir pick now.

thats the issue, because i speak for 1's
15 Sep 2015, 13:02 PM

So the sole and only reason you ever called in a Tiger Ace was TWP? Not the fact that it only costs manpower, has blitz and smoke, 50 range and more damage out of the gate? No?

I only call it in cauz it haz nice skin xx
15 Sep 2015, 13:31 PM

45 second cooldown on brace? lmfao, back to soviet I go
15 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

Tiger Ace

Oh god.. a 17! CP tank that has no real advantage (other than a little health now) over its normal counterpart that comes at 13. It stops all fuel income and that doctrine has no good offmap options.
Without TWP tiger ace is now trash, and there is no real incentive to use it over a Tiger I from
Spearhead doctrine. If its only going to be a vet 3 tiger I just give it a fuel cost and remove the resource penalty.. Yay for Homogenization..

If you think the only difference between the TA and the Tiger is a little more health than you need to go ahead and look at the stats. The RoF differences between this and the Tiger is insane. And the MG is also much better than the Tiger's last time I checked. You also forgot it calls for no fuel, and so can come in even after you field multiple tanks. It also always has smoke and blitz. Couple of really nice advantages, just not outright better than Tiger in every way. If you need offmap then of course you should not be looking to this doc. I still find this commander excellent against USF when played well. I will admit I have removed this commander from my loadouts in larger games because the level of AT has risen sharply by the time it appears and it is too late to change the outcome of battle. Pick your commanders for your playstyle.
15 Sep 2015, 15:22 PM

Stug 3 now not really the machine of my choice anymore, not the machine that can halt any large hp tank from the Brits now.

Stug 3 is still a beast, you guys act like they cut the pen in half for stug...
15 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

I don't think that twp change will affect stug much, it is still a extremly cost efficient TD.
15 Sep 2015, 18:25 PM

If you think the only difference between the TA and the Tiger is a little more health than you need to go ahead and look at the stats. The RoF differences between this and the Tiger is insane. And the MG is also much better than the Tiger's last time I checked. You also forgot it calls for no fuel, and so can come in even after you field multiple tanks. It also always has smoke and blitz. Couple of really nice advantages, just not outright better than Tiger in every way. If you need offmap then of course you should not be looking to this doc. I still find this commander excellent against USF when played well. I will admit I have removed this commander from my loadouts in larger games because the level of AT has risen sharply by the time it appears and it is too late to change the outcome of battle. Pick your commanders for your playstyle.

And this the problem with it, Its better just not way better and for it to be a 17 cp callin that is one of the more expensive tanks in the game (Yes it does cost resources to field, cutting 90% fuel and 25% mp is not free) it needs to be a good choice.

Its MG is about equal to a the top mounted MG that Tiger I's get but the TA cant shoot down aircraft.
Tiger ace uses the same Main gun as Tiger I, It's rate of fire comes from it being vet 3.

The things that are unique about TA is more health, higher sight radius, different MG
(Steroid hull mg instead of the normal coaxial)

In the long run a Spearhead tiger I is a better choice due to it coming out faster and having no fuel penalty. You guys make it seem that the upfront cost of 230 is really difficult to obtain,
If you are that behind TA comes out too late to be your comeback king anymore.

15 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 15:39 PMofield
I don't think that twp change will affect stug much, it is still a extremly cost efficient TD.

Entire vehicle feels great in general, just the ease of TWP spam then got obviously redonk.
15 Sep 2015, 19:09 PM
Donator 11

it needs to be a good choice.

If you are that behind TA comes out too late to be your comeback king anymore.

Care to explain why? There are plenty of units in the game from all factions are are either completely useless or severely limited and situational. TA is very situational sure, but so what? It is a cheesy unit behind a commander, not everything can be meta. Relic has made purposeful progress away from the heavy tank meta, with the design goal of promoting combined arms and smaller vehicle play.

Like Imagelessbean said, TA has its uses. Just don't expect to be a good choice in all cases.
15 Sep 2015, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Chain stun was completely OP on a mobile platform. Both on the Stug and the TA (which i think was till bugged)
15 Sep 2015, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 19:09 PMKeaper!

Care to explain why? There are plenty of units in the game from all factions are are either completely useless or severely limited and situational. TA is very situational sure, but so what? It is a cheesy unit behind a commander, not everything can be meta. Relic has made purposeful progress away from the heavy tank meta, with the design goal of promoting combined arms and smaller vehicle play.

Like Imagelessbean said, TA has its uses. Just don't expect to be a good choice in all cases.

Im not saying it needs to be go to 100% of the time im saying it needs to be worth it to tank your eco.
And a vet 3 tiger is not worth tanking your eco.

Remove the eco penalty and add a 230 fuel cost to it hell make it 280 its fine then. Its a real choice then commander wise not straight worse then spearhead.
15 Sep 2015, 23:57 PM
Donator 11

Why would anyone play brits after the patch?
16 Sep 2015, 08:39 AM

TWP + 3,5 sec reload allowed tiger ace kill jacksons way too fast.

16 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM
Patrion 28

OH SHIT, IS IT SEPTEMBER 17TH?

no, it's not; back to the theory crafting.
16 Sep 2015, 10:18 AM

Leighs and mortars already put emplacements constantly with their backs against the wall. This brace nerf will be the final nail in the coffin. Guess ill just blob infantry sections and commando's now.
16 Sep 2015, 12:05 PM

Im not saying it needs to be go to 100% of the time im saying it needs to be worth it to tank your eco.

Remove the eco penalty and add a 230 fuel cost to it hell make it 280 its fine then. Its a real choice then commander wise not straight worse then spearhead.

Would make the commander useless as hell :D (note that I'm not against).

1) You need fuel in quantity if you decide to spam Vet3 squad fast in the game. Which delay far far away your Potential TA costing fuel
2) You need fuel in quantity if you decide to go T3 Spam (Ostwind/Stug/Pz4) to prepare the coming of your TA.
3) You need fuel in quantity if you decide to do a mix Vetup/T3 (vetup 1 mg + 1 mortar and use the advantage to bleed your opponent and rush T3)
Conclusion: to pop your super TA, you keep all your fuel, don't vetup, don't build any vehicle, just to wait the possibility to unlock it. Not to say 80% of the time you have already lost before.
16 Sep 2015, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 11:39 AMJohnnyB

Because they will still be OP like fuck, that is why.
Why would anyone play OKW after 17th patch you should ask, if you would drop your incoherrent and stupid bias.

No early game,much weaker mid game, still HUGE attrition, churchills and comet nerfed, hammer and anvil choices nerfed hard.

Yea, brits will be op as fuck, tooth fairy exists and Kluge doesn't abuse mod powers on twitch :sibHyena:
16 Sep 2015, 12:23 PM

it's really meant for a 1v1 game as a last ditch effort in a really close game. a vet3 tiger out of nowhere will tip the game in your favor.
16 Sep 2015, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 12:14 PMKatitof

No early game,much weaker mid game, still HUGE attrition, churchills and comet nerfed, hammer and anvil choices nerfed hard.

Yea, brits will be op as fuck, tooth fairy exists and Kluge doesn't abuse mod powers on twitch :sibHyena:

NO early game? Churchill nerfed? 1400 hp from 1600 hp? Is that a nerf? Are you gardening kiddin' me?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS