Login

russian armor

Centaur

PAGES (10)down
14 Sep 2015, 13:58 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 13:14 PMKatitof

Anyway, I wouldn't mind it being tad less effective if it was faster, thing murders puppchens mercilessly.

And pak40s, grenadiers, volksgrenadiers, HMGs, mortars and any other form of infantry it faces.
14 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM
Patrion 14

The Centaur is SLOW. If you are retreating, it won't catch up very easily.

I personally think the Ostwind should be buffed to be at least almost as effective, because right now the meta demands Pz4's. Would make it a nice alternative.

I see this being a problem when German AT is mostly infantry based, especially for Ostheer.
14 Sep 2015, 14:34 PM
Donator 11

You guys really need to try out triple suppression bulletins for the Ostwind, its amazing :snfPeter:

I may be a bit behind the times but did the ostwind suppress?
14 Sep 2015, 15:02 PM

Only with bulletin that is there since day 1.
14 Sep 2015, 15:04 PM

I'm almost positive I saw something about Centaur in the notes as well... something about them changing the attack to be an accuracy based attack with less splash/AOE. Thats a very specific thing to remember so I'm pretty sure I'm not making it up lol

Centaurs good but with the current British teching it does delay your other armor pretty significantly in that respect I think its fine. If the preview mod teching goes live then Centaur rushes might be a problem (though I doubt on the scale of M5 Rushes lol)
14 Sep 2015, 15:16 PM

I'm almost positive I saw something about Centaur in the notes as well... something about them changing the attack to be an accuracy based attack with less splash/AOE. Thats a very specific thing to remember so I'm pretty sure I'm not making it up lol

Ah, good!
I don't have realistic dreams about reading coh2 patch notes which I would remember well then :sibHyena:
14 Sep 2015, 16:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Centaurs good but with the current British teching it does delay your other armor pretty significantly in that respect I think its fine. If the preview mod teching goes live then Centaur rushes might be a problem (though I doubt on the scale of M5 Rushes lol)

Entire page 7 of the Coh2 Changelog forum didn't gave one hit on the word Centaur. That includes the original uploaded changes for the balance preview mod, as well as the added changes from September 2nd onward.

http://www.coh2.org/file/9401/centaur-balance-page-7.png

It is not getting changed any time soon :foreveralone:
14 Sep 2015, 19:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It should not murder infantry on retreat and paks as fast as it do.
Not broken OP, rather a tad too effective. No overnerf plox.

There's a bulletin which makes the MG (not the main gun) be able to suppress. REALLY HIPSTER.
14 Sep 2015, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 13:14 PMKatitof
Anyway, I wouldn't mind it being tad less effective if it was faster, thing murders puppchens mercilessly.

+1 to that. You can just drive up to puppchens and murder them from the front. It's kind of hilarious how easily they go down. I'm entirely fine with an AI vehicle being strong but it shouldn't be decrewing AT weapons that easily.
14 Sep 2015, 20:43 PM

Yea 100 Fuel is too cheap. I don't want this unit to be nerfed to oblivion and make it useless. Remember, UKF lacks man power to field large number of infantry compared to other armies. The Centaur enables me to hold off large blobs of Volks and Grens. I recommend a slight increase in fuel while keep the stats the same.
14 Sep 2015, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 19:13 PMCabreza

+1 to that. You can just drive up to puppchens and murder them from the front. It's kind of hilarious how easily they go down. I'm entirely fine with an AI vehicle being strong but it shouldn't be decrewing AT weapons that easily.

the raketen lack any gun shield and as such will die easily to the front from most tanks.
15 Sep 2015, 03:46 AM

It's a bit slow but when it does catch enemy squads out it murders them too quick. Small nerf to start with then see if it needs more.
15 Sep 2015, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 11:20 AMQbix
But please keep in mind that being effective against infantry is all this units is there for. Plus, it is a medium tank for 100 fuel.

So is the Ostwind.

I personally think the Ostwind should be buffed to be at least almost as effective, because right now the meta demands Pz4's. Would make it a nice alternative.

Meta demands StuG's actually, Panzer IV's are lacking vs Brits, and are about to lose their advantage over Shermans.
15 Sep 2015, 06:59 AM

decrease damage in exchange for suppression. Otherwise it's not going to be able to handle the volks schreck blob.
15 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM

In what universe should the single barreled Ostwind with a slow rate of fire be as good as a twin barreled rapid fire Centaur.

I hate to say it but all the Axis fanboys are acting so entitled to demand to have equal weapons to the Brits. No, the British are better than you in many ways, deal with it.

What you're saying is the equivalent of me asking the Easy 8 to be as good as a Panther Tank which it shouldn't.

It is there to end the bullshit Shrek blob meta that the AXIS have had for ages, the truth is to get a Panzer or a Stug to provide AT support and actually tailoring your playstyle towards your enemy.
15 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

Permanently Banned
In what universe should the single barreled Ostwind with a slow rate of fire be as good as a twin barreled rapid fire Centaur.

I hate to say it but all the Axis fanboys are acting so entitled to demand to have equal weapons to the Brits. No, the British are better than you in many ways, deal with it.

What you're saying is the equivalent of me asking the Easy 8 to be as good as a Panther Tank which it shouldn't.

It is there to end the bullshit Shrek blob meta that the AXIS have had for ages, the truth is to get a Panzer or a Stug to provide AT support and actually tailoring your playstyle towards your enemy.

I think what these "Axis Fanboys" are trying to say, is that they don't want the Centaur to be on the same level as the ostwind and thus massively nerfed, but slightly tweaked so it doesn't hard counter its hardcounters and doesn't insta wipe squads on retreat. They rather have the ostwind buffed slightly so it can get close to a slightly nerfed Centaur.

Perhaps your hatred towards players that find Axis factions fun to play prevented you from seeing their well constructed arguments.

Just a thought here :)
15 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM

Schreck blobs as ost? Are we playing the same game?

I think many say that this tank frequently wipes squads like a howitzer hitting them and people just can't react to that. I would agree to decrease its long-range accuracy. Don't missunderstand me. It would be still be a killermachine.
15 Sep 2015, 10:58 AM

@Raven
The fact that you have nothing at all to counter what I said and have chosen to indirectly call my opinion less valid through straw manning my valid opinion that many Axis players aren't used to not having the strongest armour is no better than ignoring a well constructed argument. By definition you are doing the same.

@ZeroCrack01

I would not mind a nerf to the Centaur, it's borderline broken. However I believe that it should simply have a negative modifier to damaging retreating infantry. I do believe that it should be superior in every regard to the OSTWIND and the fact it hard counters AT guns in my opinion is fine. StuGs hard counter them quite effectively.

Refering to Shrek blobs: OKW does it all the time, but for the past 2 games I've played OST Heer have started to Pzr Gren spam again. Mind you they were a 2v2 and a 4v4.
15 Sep 2015, 11:58 AM

40mm vs 20mm.

Good to know you don't give a damn about balance.

The Easy Eight doesn't cost 175 Fuel, but the Ostwind and Centaur are both 100 Fuel.

Except British hard-counter the StuG and Panzer IV as well, so you're actually discouraged from using them.
15 Sep 2015, 13:47 PM

40mm vs 20mm.

Good to know you don't give a damn about balance.

The Easy Eight doesn't cost 175 Fuel, but the Ostwind and Centaur are both 100 Fuel.

Except British hard-counter the StuG and Panzer IV as well, so you're actually discouraged from using them.

It doens't make it better by having a higher calibre you know, ESPECIALLY vs infantry which is the point in question. The Ostwinds 3.7 cm Flak fires at a practical rate of 150 rpm which is acceptable for AA. But the centaurs 20 mm Polsten fires at 450 rpm and it has two of them... imagine what that does to people. Basically imagine an MG34 firing 20mm rounds HE.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS