Login

russian armor

Centaur

PAGES (10)down
13 Sep 2015, 18:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Hi guys,

I don't own the brits, so I need your help on this. How much does it cost to get the Centaur? I have no idea but if I don't get a sniper into 222 play, you can't stomp early brits and you will lose by the time this thing arrives.

I didn't go sniper like a gentlemen, had map control for the beginning of the game, pushed him off, even pushed his wasp away. He had one fuel point, which I even decapped for a while. He still got the centaur by the time I got a second pak40. How quick can this thing come?

I had double paks, which both got decrewed within seconds, and I had to keep recreweing them with grens, losing two full squads in the proces. Managed to kill the damn centaur. He got another one, by this time I had no map presence since it was raping my base and my units, I killed that one without losing a pak gun with some luck and then came the churchill which just simply rolled up to my at guns, kept getting hits, untill it reached vet 1, two shotted one at gun and naded the other. I mean what is this bullshit?

How on earth are you supposed to counter this **** centaur thing if it can counter its hardcounters, drive over tellers without receiving damage and can pretty much come relatively fast if you don't abuse sniper play. On top of this we have tanks that can simply take on 2 pak 40s frontally and win whilst throwing grenades.

I feel like the only way to play against brits is either to abuse your sniper and fuck up their game experience, or don't use sniper and let your game experience be fucked up by their overpowered tanks.
13 Sep 2015, 21:26 PM
Patrion 28

really need a replay.

iirc centaur is 110 or 120 fuel so more expensive then the ostwind and better.
13 Sep 2015, 21:29 PM

Permanently Banned
100 fuel and 320mp
13 Sep 2015, 21:29 PM

That tank is beast. Border line OP. Either needs a price increase or a performance decrease. The Ostwind and this thing aren't even on the same scale.
13 Sep 2015, 21:30 PM

The centaur needs a nerf, the ostwind isnt nearly as good as this is
13 Sep 2015, 21:42 PM

I think it even can penatrate P4 frontal armor Oo. Centaur may need some changes.....
13 Sep 2015, 21:46 PM

Even infantry units that are immediately retreating from it will get wiped - frequently and within a matter of seconds.
13 Sep 2015, 21:59 PM

No the centaur pen is fine the accuracy vs infantry is to much though
DeC
13 Sep 2015, 22:07 PM

Nah it's OK. It's the ostwind which is trash.
13 Sep 2015, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 22:07 PMDeC
Nah it's OK. It's the ostwind which is trash.

The ostwind is in a good place, it's the centaur that destroys squads for a cheap price.
I think most players don't want squad wiping machines.
13 Sep 2015, 22:40 PM

You guys really need to try out triple suppression bulletins for the Ostwind, its amazing :snfPeter:
14 Sep 2015, 11:00 AM

Permanently Banned
100 fuel and 320mp

Thanks
14 Sep 2015, 11:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Even infantry units that are immediately retreating from it will get wiped - frequently and within a matter of seconds.

Exactly, the unit is the problem, not the ones that use it. I have had players that were below my skill level (since I totally outplayed them) suddenly field this machine and make a last effort comeback because it simply rapes my paks and kills units on retreat within the blink of an eye.

I hate it :foreveralone:
14 Sep 2015, 11:20 AM

I agree that the accuracy on max range should be nerfed a bit, like with Bofors. But please keep in mind that being effective against infantry is all this units is there for. Plus, it is a medium tank for 100 fuel, which means you delay/skip your REAL tanks for a major amount of time and have to rely on your AT gun(s) (and your PIATs and nothing else) to fend of enemy armor.

If the Centaur doesn't "rape" infantry on medium to close distance, you can as well remove it from the game. Which, I suppose, is the easiest solution for most of you. I love the unit.
14 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

It rapes infantry if you forget to micro your will lose the unit, simple. It's too good for the cost and it even rapes infantry in buildings, literally takes a full health unit down in a few bursts.
14 Sep 2015, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 21:29 PMNapalm
That tank is beast. Border line OP. Either needs a price increase or a performance decrease. The Ostwind and this thing aren't even on the same scale.

Its nerfed on preview already, it was nerfed in the first incarnation of preview notes.
14 Sep 2015, 11:48 AM

Centaur is fine but a Centaur supported by two 6 Pounder AT Guns is broken.
14 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 11:40 AMKatitof

Its nerfed on preview already, it was nerfed in the first incarnation of preview notes.

What exactly notes are u talking about? I cant find anything about Centaur in any patch notes. So no, Centaur was not nerfed in preview, lets hope relic will introduce some kind of a nerf, to bring it on Ostwind level.
14 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 13:08 PMWalther

What exactly notes are u talking about? I cant find anything about Centaur in any patch notes. So no, Centaur was not nerfed in preview, lets hope relic will introduce some kind of a nerf, to bring it on Ostwind level.

You're right.
I was convinced I've seen the note changing something about the bursts. I might have confused it with bofors though.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind it being tad less effective if it was faster, thing murders puppchens mercilessly.
14 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

I also don't know any notes about the centaur
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment