Login

russian armor

Western Front - lack of info?

14 May 2014, 06:27 AM

I agree with OP. At this point, release is 6 weeks away. Only thing we saw so far is one trailer, released doctrines that include some units of the new factions and few interviews.

As for the closed alpha or beta, whatever you want to call it. They probably only wanted a small amount of people more to play it. They were surprised that they got 5,000 applications. They probably realized that "oh crap this alpha needs to be changed to a better state before we allow the general community to play it."

As for marketing goes... It blows... Compared to Bobby's promotion of coh2 listing facts of battles and hinting information. The current twitter did some cute competition and "What faction are you looking forward to the most." It just seems so half-assed.

A lot of the community is skeptical about the expansion. We all know that it's going to be horribly balanced at day one.

14 May 2014, 06:59 AM

Yeah it isn't good. Not at all.
14 May 2014, 07:42 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I agree it would have been a good idea having a stronger marketing campaign around the expansion. They released the first gameplay vid of coh2 so late, while back on coh1 they released the first gameplay vid on E3 2005, a long time before the game was supposed to come out.
14 May 2014, 07:43 AM

Yeah, we don't even know what the Germany Infantry is going to be. Volksgrenadiers? Grenadiers? Panzergrenadiers? Landsers? Tell us something!
14 May 2014, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 21:21 PMWilliG

Have said 500 been notified?

Yes they have. There is a german COH2 forum where they are posting screenshots of their steam library (not the game!) to prove that they are in since today
14 May 2014, 09:55 AM

Building up excitement and speculations is also a big part of it all. Seeing people discuss possibilities only enhances the buzz around the whole expansion. Having people hyped about it, no matter how little they know about it is a good thing. #Marketing1on1

I studiet Design and Marketing and have to say you are right.
BUT
It is also true that people won't preorder something that is only a video and some preorder features.
I won't buy a car because the company says it will be fast and red.
14 May 2014, 10:08 AM

And the trailer itself was pretty all round poor...
14 May 2014, 12:33 PM

Advertising their games was never a big strength of Relic (or THQ back then).

Well, I assume we will get some more informations before game release eventually.
14 May 2014, 12:36 PM

Well, since they plan(or were planning) to get more people into the alpha in waves, eventually leaks will appear, which will again hype people up.

I just hope that one year after release we won't go back to step one with balance with new armies.

Relic being absolutely horrible at marketing is another story.
14 May 2014, 14:55 PM

Lol that's overly harsh

Yeah well what can I say ? I lost my trust under the pile of bullshit by most of the companies.

- COH2 selling OP commander and after that nerf them to shit

- BF4 promised to be kick ass and it was problem all over the place

- Dayz Stand alone is a joke. I mean they could have just bring the normal dayz and make it dayz alpha. waste of 30$ even I know it's just alpha. I thought that Alpha could at least be like the normal dayz mode.

- Tons of Early access game and 50% of them are like Dayz standalone with tons of promise.
14 May 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 14:55 PMKyle

Yeah well what can I say ? I lost my trust under the pile of bullshit by most of the companies.

- COH2 selling OP commander and after that nerf them to shit

- BF4 promised to be kick ass and it was problem all over the place

- Dayz Stand alone is a joke. I mean they could have just bring the normal dayz and make it dayz alpha. waste of 30$ even I know it's just alpha. I thought that Alpha could at least be like the normal dayz mode.

- Tons of Early access game and 50% of them are like Dayz standalone with tons of promise.

No I was talking about the "go fuck yourself" at the end, like, really? They just don't give you any info because they want the factions to be a mystery atm.
14 May 2014, 15:02 PM

They aren't giving information, because they are still testing things out. Things can still be removed and added to the game and they don't want to make any promises.
14 May 2014, 15:10 PM

So I'm not spending my 20€ for something that will turn out as a unbalanced piece of crap, which will most likely not be playable until a year or later. In the COH2 Alpha and Beta many users complaint about many things. And did they change them? Most likely after a year but not at the release.

So let's hope that WFA won't kill the last playerbase that's left.
14 May 2014, 15:11 PM

So I'm not spending my 20€ for something that will turn out as a unbalanced piece of crap, which will most likely not be playable until a year or later.

Its not like it will be balanced for you if you don't get it.

Not saying you should buy it as its a matter of personal preference, but if it will be unbalanced, you'll feel it just like the ones who bought it.
14 May 2014, 15:14 PM

Sure that's why I'm not going to preorder it.
I don't see the point in preordering WFA because there is not really a reward if you do it.
We don't get any TOW scenarios for free and no commanders at all (which is not a bad point, but still).

I won't take the high risk of preordering a game with a mostly unknown gameplay just because of some free skins.
14 May 2014, 15:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

They aren't giving information, because they are still testing things out. Things can still be removed and added to the game and they don't want to make any promises.

Balance is probably not done yes, abilities maybe. But all the models and art is surely done. Remember they did a alpha gameplay vid already. Why cant they do another one?
14 May 2014, 15:22 PM

Sure that's why I'm not going to preorder it.
I don't see the point in preordering WFA because there is not really a reward if you do it.
We don't get any TOW scenarios for free and no commanders at all (which is not a bad point, but still).

I won't take the high risk of preordering a game with a mostly unknown gameplay just because of some free skins.

I think its pretty sensible to avoid preordering as a general rule of thumb, for the above reasons.
14 May 2014, 18:19 PM
Senior Editor Badge

why the german HQ site have a WFA private alpha forum?

looks like Relic gave them a lot of keys.
14 May 2014, 19:04 PM

Its a private homepage and the admins made a restricted alpha forum for everybody who got a alpha key, because of NDA.
15 May 2014, 02:06 AM

No I was talking about the "go fuck yourself" at the end, like, really? They just don't give you any info because they want the factions to be a mystery atm.

Well they can keep it mistery however they want, just don't make it sooo mystery like the game is not even close to finish.

And with newest update, they let us saw the Sherman + Puma so they could at least keep the fire in us by talking about those units or something, not " OMG I'm gonna be a silent man "
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS