Login

russian armor

Western Front - lack of info?

13 May 2014, 17:42 PM
Patrion 14

Why would they give information? The expansion is probably not finished, it's on pre order and we got some teaser vids. Ofcourse, not very much information but the fact that everybody is discussing it/ guessing what it might be says enough.

With 500 new people joining us in beta, I bet relic is more busy with keeping everything quiet, I'll bet you'll hear from them soon.
13 May 2014, 18:00 PM
Patrion 14

Beta?

I applied for alpha, never got a reply :(
13 May 2014, 18:01 PM

Permanently Banned
the WFA will be amazing, but cant say any details. :snfPeter:

We will put up the official trailer and patch notes a day before release. :snfPeter:

13 May 2014, 18:42 PM
Patrion 14

Beta?

I applied for alpha, never got a reply :(

aplha, beta, all the same :p
13 May 2014, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 18:01 PMakosi
the WFA will be amazing, but cant say any details. :snfPeter:

We will put up the official trailer and patch notes a day before release. :snfPeter:

xDDDDDD +1

:snfQuinn:
13 May 2014, 19:19 PM

guys this is relic.

You will be given information last minute.

All is kept secret by NKVD due to recent fascist infiltration of balance team.
13 May 2014, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 19:19 PMBurts
guys this is relic.

You will be given information last minute.

All is kept secret by NKVD due to recent fascist infiltration of balance team.

lol, I wish I could upvote your comment!
13 May 2014, 19:42 PM

Permanently Banned
meanwhile in Ghost Recon, Dota, and CS
developer blog and public beta access. :snfQuinn:
13 May 2014, 19:53 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Maybe relic believed that players were lost in the last OPENBETA and maybe this time he wants to do it more carefully.
13 May 2014, 19:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Relic was very tightfisted with the info for COH2 - which I guess we are now doomed to refer to as "vCOH2" - so this is sorta their MO. Whether you think it's a good thing or bad thing, it's The Relic Way :snfQuinn:
13 May 2014, 20:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Why would they give information? The expansion is probably not finished, it's on pre order and we got some teaser vids. Ofcourse, not very much information but the fact that everybody is discussing it/ guessing what it might be says enough.

With 500 new people joining us in beta, I bet relic is more busy with keeping everything quiet, I'll bet you'll hear from them soon.

They could do things like take the jagdpanther, show some pics of it and give a small descritption of it. Do this for another unit 3-4 days later and then another.
They could give examples of how the faction is designed building wise. Show some pics of the base buildings.
The extreme NDA of alpha/beta is so stupid. They removed the closed beta and created a new one for an elite (RTN) group of people trying to remove the leaks. Now they reopen the beta/alpha and expect things to be different?...
Relic: be open with changes, just say they might change and that everythjing shown from alpha/beta is still under testing
13 May 2014, 21:17 PM

Relic: be open with changes, just say they might change and that everythjing shown from alpha/beta is still under testing

The people on CoH forums aren't that smart. Nomatter what you say, if they see something they don't like, the waterworks come on.

"Yes we know X is broken, it's not done yet." Then you go back to the main page and there's no less than 3 threads whining about X.
13 May 2014, 21:21 PM

Have said 500 been notified?
13 May 2014, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 19:19 PMBurts
guys this is relic.

This.
No matter how you will explain marketing, they are not doing it right.
13 May 2014, 23:14 PM

Relic could be a little smarter than this. They can keep the fire in fans like release picture of Puma, Sherman in game with description or maybe give us information about how fearsome SturmTiger is.

But this, this just make people don't give a fuck anymore. I was really hype when I saw the pre-order and beta and shit but after a week without any little news ? Go fuck yourself.
14 May 2014, 03:29 AM

I've been feeling the same way for awhile now.

I wish they would give us something to chew on while we wait. Maybe tell us if anyone has been notified about the alpha? I assume everyone who was going to get an alpha invite got one already, but apparently the NDA also says you can't even say whether or not you are participating in the alpha.

Come on Relic, give us something!
14 May 2014, 05:39 AM

The expansion is definitely not finished yet, and it probably won't be even upon release. By not releasing anything they can cover this up until people have pre-ordered on empty promises and are out 20 bucks.
#NoRefunds
14 May 2014, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 23:14 PMKyle
Relic could be a little smarter than this. They can keep the fire in fans like release picture of Puma, Sherman in game with description or maybe give us information about how fearsome SturmTiger is.

But this, this just make people don't give a fuck anymore. I was really hype when I saw the pre-order and beta and shit but after a week without any little news ? Go fuck yourself.
Lol that's overly harsh
14 May 2014, 05:57 AM

I would bet $5 that the reason Relic didn't release enough information is because when the expansion comes out its gonna be all fucked up. MVGame :D
14 May 2014, 06:01 AM

The expansion is definitely not finished yet, and it probably won't be even upon release. By not releasing anything they can cover this up until people have pre-ordered on empty promises and are out 20 bucks.
#NoRefunds

Personally, I don't really care if it is indeed a turd. Compared to how EA/DICE treated me as a customer, Relic is doing some seriously strong work with their games.

CoH2 certainly isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good. CoH2 could absolutely be a lot worse than it is. In fact, my main complaint is that I don't really like either faction. I don't like the Red Army tech tree or units, and while the German army feels a lot better to me, I'd rather play as the Americans...because 'MERICA.

I don't want Relic to show off what they've got so far because I'm worried it will suck, I want them to show it off because I'm excited about it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★