Login

russian armor

Western Front - lack of info?

8 Apr 2014, 20:44 PM

Actually, anyone interested in RTS will hear about CoH2 inevitably.

Why?

Because RTS market is tiny, you can count all meaningful RTS games with one hand.

There is SC2, then there is a huuge gap, then there is MoW2 and CoH2, then there is another gap and we have some AoE vs C&C struggling for last place.

Sad but true, it seems like everyone is focusing on MOBAs and Grand Strategy. AoE seems to be happy doing re-releases for the time being, and that's about the only competition I can think of... At least it's better than that horrible AoE Online...
8 Apr 2014, 23:25 PM

This is my first post on these forums. I made an account because i am playing coh2 alot more now with these recent patches and it is alot more like vcoh. however, i am concerned about the balance issues as soviets and ost army have only recently started to get improved... also has relic said anything about future commanders or units for these two armies? just a concerned Vcoh vet who wants COH2 to be good...

i guess i should add that i played coh2 when it came out and gave up until it was patched more. i play mostly 4v4 as germans. i can see that its allot better now, but, i think the balance needs a bit more work.
9 Apr 2014, 00:08 AM
Senior Editor Badge

9 Apr 2014, 00:32 AM

This is my first post on these forums. I made an account because i am playing coh2 alot more now with these recent patches and it is alot more like vcoh. however, i am concerned about the balance issues as soviets and ost army have only recently started to get improved... also has relic said anything about future commanders or units for these two armies? just a concerned Vcoh vet who wants COH2 to be good...

i guess i should add that i played coh2 when it came out and gave up until it was patched more. i play mostly 4v4 as germans. i can see that its allot better now, but, i think the balance needs a bit more work.
Well it seems like relic is now trying to help balance by adding machanics that equalize thing better(making cover important) which helps since in the old way there wasn't really a way to use a lot of advantages units had since closing in was fairly easy. We are halfway though this process as last patch was for infantry and light vehicles and this next one will be for tanks. Before they didn't do much other then mess with simple stats to buff or nerf individual units.

As for future commanders, relic usually isn't in the business of announcing things more then a day before patches, but there was a leak months back of commanders that were being tested in the closed beta. Odds are we will see these released sometime before the expansion.

Edit: sorry I just realized you were talking about the new armies. Relic hasn't said much yet, other then the Americans will be a mobile and versitile army and ubercommand will have big late game tank call ins (Jagdtiger and King Tiger) and a unique way of securing territory.
9 Apr 2014, 01:27 AM

Why?

Because RTS market is tiny, you can count all meaningful RTS games with one hand.

There is SC2, then there is a huuge gap, then there is MoW2 and CoH2, then there is another gap and we have some AoE vs C&C struggling for last place.

You forgot Supreme Commander Forged Alliance :P
9 Apr 2014, 01:43 AM

I wouldn'T count on it, especially because you can buy the new fations as "standalone".
(btw, retribution was also standalone so...^^)

Yes, what generally happened was that you got new units for free. Retribution and Chaos Rising xpacs were both standalone and those who did not buy them got the new units that came with them, just not the factions or single player campaign.
9 Apr 2014, 04:21 AM

Well it seems like relic is now trying to help balance by adding machanics that equalize thing better(making cover important) which helps since in the old way there wasn't really a way to use a lot of advantages units had since closing in was fairly easy. We are halfway though this process as last patch was for infantry and light vehicles and this next one will be for tanks. Before they didn't do much other then mess with simple stats to buff or nerf individual units.

As for future commanders, relic usually isn't in the business of announcing things more then a day before patches, but there was a leak months back of commanders that were being tested in the closed beta. Odds are we will see these released sometime before the expansion.

Edit: sorry I just realized you were talking about the new armies. Relic hasn't said much yet, other then the Americans will be a mobile and versitile army and ubercommand will have big late game tank call ins (Jagdtiger and King Tiger) and a unique way of securing territory.

yea the cover system is way better now. last time i played infantry were like tanks. yea having brits and americans will be cool again. will go brits when they come out. but i hope that the soviets and ost armies don't get ignored for balance. i'm kinda sad that they didn't make the t44 for the soviets, there is some good armor that isn't in the soviet commanders. also both sides were missing heavy assault engineers, ie close combat 3, and were some cool units that could have been fun in the late war eastern front armies.
9 Apr 2014, 14:57 PM
9 Apr 2014, 15:06 PM

Am I the only one excited about some of the new units that we could see for the americans that was never put into the last game. M36 Jackson would be awesome. Can you say 100 range turreted tank destroyer. They would probably make it flimsy, but it would definitely go well with the americans mobile army.
9 Apr 2014, 15:07 PM

Why?

+1, I was a long time in AOE gaming and never heard of COH.
It's not that famous..
9 Apr 2014, 15:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I think relic should advertise his game, not only to the ppl who actually play the game, but steam main store page helps a lot.
9 Apr 2014, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
9 Apr 2014, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 15:35 PMakosi
I think relic should advertise his game, not only to the ppl who actually play the game, but steam main store page helps a lot.

Well, they had the Free to play Weekend, in additon to the CoH2 vs Rome battle, which was good promotion on Steam. It was also featured in the big panels at the top when it came out.

But yeah )= CoH is not that well known.
9 Apr 2014, 17:09 PM

By choosing western front instead of pacific or africa, RELIC creates a basis for much more detailed comparisons between vCoH and CoH2...
Hype leads to disappointment, so I better expect nothing.

9 Apr 2014, 18:08 PM

Permanently Banned

Well, they had the Free to play Weekend, in additon to the CoH2 vs Rome battle, which was good promotion on Steam. It was also featured in the big panels at the top when it came out.

But yeah )= CoH is not that well known.

I thought about get the trailer in TV between news for example :D
9 Apr 2014, 20:59 PM

edit: nevermind, was thinking of something else
10 Apr 2014, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 15:35 PMakosi

How does one put a game in the steam store when its exact price has yet to be determined?
10 Apr 2014, 14:34 PM
Patrion 14

The 'new' interviews contain nothing new.
13 May 2014, 17:16 PM
Patrion 14

I posted this on 8th April, just over a month ago.

There has been no new information since. Imperial Dane, where are you? You were explaining Relic's marketing strategy to us :)
13 May 2014, 17:21 PM
Patrion 14

no info ,really sucks :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment