Login

russian armor

Fallschirmpioneer and flak emplacement

3 Mar 2023, 14:55 PM

While that is an excellent suggestion, I can already see a potential issue where receiving artillery fire counts as 'in combat' as units get damaged.

But this shouldn't be an issue unless you are blobbing 5 units around the truck? And if you do that, then indirect fire should 100% punish you for that
3 Mar 2023, 15:04 PM

This would be a nearly useless slapdash fix.

What they really need to do is disabling reinforcing during combat if you're outside of the HQ sector

Imo the healing times and reinforcement times should be increased greatly.

Then one can apply a bonus to those value while in base and balance the two option separately.

Or
maybe one can try to change tracks into healing and reinforcing only passengers adding some micro.
As for support weapon instead of re-crewing allow truck to transport them to a safe place to be re-crewed normally.
3 Mar 2023, 15:32 PM

increasing the reinforcement time would simply punish people using it wisely and send those units/strat into oblivion. Just disable the reinforcement while in combat would be sufficient to prevent the turtule strategy.

And fixing the emplacement/weapon taking no damage when crewed, if there isn't weapon anymore, can't reinforce!
3 Mar 2023, 16:08 PM

That helped in CoH2 how exactly?

oh, so coh2, as it is now, has rampant halftrack abuse?

removing auto-reinforce obviously isnt the entire solution (and it wouldnt have been in coh2 if coh2 had halftrack abuse and auto-reinforcement), but it requires the player to invest some additional micro, which is only fair given that we are talking about reinforcement on the move
3 Mar 2023, 16:09 PM

This would be a nearly useless slapdash fix.

What they really need to do is disabling reinforcing during combat if you're outside of the HQ sector

well, i didnt mean to suggest that it would be the entire fix

but i think that it's fair, and at the very least a step into the right direction
3 Mar 2023, 16:21 PM

While that is an excellent suggestion, I can already see a potential issue where receiving artillery fire counts as 'in combat' as units get damaged. Perhaps a much slower reinforce in combat might be the answer? Reinforcing under artillery fire is a fairly costly affair in COH2 due to all the splash damage, but it seems unfair to penalise ppl for not wanting to leave their team weapons abandoned. Eg: A CD on the recrew weapon ability to stop ppl endlessly remanning it.

The ability has a cooldown already. You're meaning a more substantial one?
3 Mar 2023, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2023, 15:32 PMEsxile
increasing the reinforcement time would simply punish people using it wisely and send those units/strat into oblivion. Just disable the reinforcement while in combat would be sufficient to prevent the turtule strategy.

And fixing the emplacement/weapon taking no damage when crewed, if there isn't weapon anymore, can't reinforce!

I am not sure what you consider "wise use" if medical track and I am pretty sure the majority of player use it in similar way as a forward reinforcement healing point or even what mean by "punishing".

The fact is remain that turteling around medic tacks is currently very efficient (if not the only way to achieve victory) the it should become less efficient. Increasing reinforcement/heal time is one way to reduce that effectiveness and create room for other kinds of plays like flanking.

Not being able to reinforce during combat would simply mean that one has move his unit back for a little while and I am not sure that is enough to create room for other tactics.
4 Mar 2023, 01:48 AM

The one potential fix is just making sure the health of the emplacement is lowered then full health when decrew, this was literally the same issue that coh1 had and that fixed it.
4 Mar 2023, 04:30 AM

Maybe add bonus damage like when you are in red cover if you are in range of an ambulance.
4 Mar 2023, 08:16 AM

Imo what should also be implemented are weapon that designed to counter emplacement and that do extra damage to them.
4 Mar 2023, 12:13 PM

Honestly "emplacements" are over-all overtuned.

Flaks are just the biggest offender because you can get it super early into the game and the whole strategy is based on ending game before counters arrive. They imo would be balanced if they just required T1 to be build, this would delay their rush significantly.

But this also should be paired with over-all emplacement re-balance.

Even US\Wehr bunkers basically take no damage from anything, but AT weaponry.

UK indian howi emplacements placed near base, are practically un-killable at all.

Also it doesn't help that forward reinforcement is a huge issue. Most of the time, you simply can reinforce faster then enemy can kill your models and if you have cover, you are in no threat, considering how especially green cover gives you huge damage mitigation.
5 Mar 2023, 20:35 PM

The ability has a cooldown already. You're meaning a more substantial one?

Huh, I don't remember a CD when I was recrewing weapons in the tech test. EDIT: Finally got a chance to look at it, and yeah, 45-60s CD should be a good initial range to try to slow down the constant recrewing IMHO.
6 Mar 2023, 09:31 AM

Huh, I don't remember a CD when I was recrewing weapons in the tech test. EDIT: Finally got a chance to look at it, and yeah, 45-60s CD should be a good initial range to try to slow down the constant recrewing IMHO.

You can just send one of your squads to recrew. Only needs two models and the truck will resupply both afterwards. It wouldn't change too much.
Pip
6 Mar 2023, 13:34 PM

Given that Wehr have the mobile 20mm Flak 30/38 as a "standard" unit, the emplaced Flak 30/38 being a doctrinal buildable is kind of strange to begin with.

I think that emplacements ought to function more like CoH2 British emplacements, in that their crew are invulnerable, and have a singular shared healthbar. Having them act like immobile vehicles rather than immobile crew weapons is likely a better design space.

The DAK flak-36 seems to be a better implementation of "Emplacements" than any of the others (Despite apparent balance concerns), and it may be worth considering allowing all emplacements to be towed. This would remove the need to balance them around their immobility, which in a game like CoH is a major headache for balance.

I also agree with Gachi that it seems like Lelic have failed to come up with a solution to on-field howitzers. They may as well make them buildable in the base sector and balance them around the idea that they're effectively a base building, as they're unlikely to ever be killed, or even attacked directly if the game is going well. (The limited base-sector real estate is a concern here though.)

I havent picked up CoH3 yet, as I'm waiting for a sale (And for the rough edges to be sanded down). It seems promising, though it clearly needs a fair bit more work doing. I'm still in awe at the fact the game still has so many placeholder UI assets, that's genuinely ridiculous.
6 Mar 2023, 20:44 PM

You can just send one of your squads to recrew. Only needs two models and the truck will resupply both afterwards. It wouldn't change too much.

While that is true, part of my original post a couple(?) pages back also suggests a slower reinforce in combat rather than outright zero reinforce. Seems unfair to get your reinforce stopped because a lucky mortar round splashed nearby.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★