Until Relic hotfixed the most OP emplacement in CoH history, let me show you a quick guide on how to have a chance of winning against the current Luftwaffe abuse going on in teamgames with the fallspios spam into flak emplacements.
1) Pick brits (my god, DO NOT PICK USF currently at any times at all!) and go Indian artillery doc. In the beginning you only want to build one vickers and 2 sections with a mortar (camp map) or 3 sections and a dingo (large open map).
2) If you see the axis plane in the sky at the beginning of the match, build a mortar asap as your 3rd or 4th unit. Once you have 1cp, call-in the doctrinal 120mm mortar and convert the tow-truck into a heal truck in the forseeable future. Put the truck on the frontline.
3) Now, once you spotted the emplacement:
Spam mortar smoke on it 24/7! The smoke lasts seemingly forever (45 seconds) in coh3 currently so the emplacement will be permanently smoked if you repeat this procedure frequently. Now the emplacement is forced to use ground attack which is very unreliable, esp against moving targets or if the map is cluttered with shotblockers.
4) Do not use HE barrage on the emplacement, it's a complete waste of time! Well, unless you cleared all other targets around the emplacement. Use the HE barrages in between the smoke barrages to bombard the nearby MGs and inf squads.
5) Upgrade all your sections with BOYS AT rifles and pick a good moment to approach the smoked emplacement and ground attack it with your entire blob (need at least 3-4 squads with AT rifles)
Also for USF Paras, if they get smoke support and you use 2 Satchels at the same time, the Flak will be destroyed instantly (at least that happend to me)
However I've seen a paratrooper plane get shot down and the paras still dropped. Did the Axis players just not shoot it down fast enough? I know for a fact that falls do get instakilled by AA if in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I've just never seen it happen to paratroopers.
Yeah the paras still drop because i think the plane doesnt get shot down instantly.
1.Oneshooting is bad but it's it's part of the game and weak units must be one shoot by AT tank
2. Bunkers sucks ? yes USF bunkers suck because less resistant and not option as Wermacht bunkers which can heal or reinforce or have a MG and they don't cost man pop so no they don't suck
3 It's not a first line tank it should stay back and use range but why it has shock crew option, necessary ?
Compare to isu152^^
yeah id take a ISU anytime over a Elefant
Why use a bunker for that when you can use a Halftrak/Ambu ect.?
Ok, then the elefant should one shot a sherman? infact, every tank once penned should be one shot.
Please give me a reason why a 85mm shell don't one shoot a kubelwagen ?
This game still amazing incomprehensible because COH2 have units which who were monsters during the WW2 and in this game are just shit units
Next, Wermacht and USF can build bunker, why it don't cost 2/3 man pop ?
They can build all bunkers as they want, heal and reinforce and cover with MG
Elephant has the range, the penetration, the damage and good shielding in front, AND an option can shock tank crew, it's enough or need nuclear bomb ?
Well give me serious answers for these first three questions
I think this game is still manage by players who favor some faction, it's my opinion...
1. Why does a 88 not oneshot a Jeep? Because its a game... and oneshotting things is bad.
2. Because bunkers suck, they cant move. They can only be Heal and Reinforce or MG not all 3.
3. Because its slow, and has weak side and rear armor.
What factions are op in your opinion now? USF and Wehrmacht? Dont understand.
Can someone explain to me how this is possible?
Match 1, win
Everyone was around my rank Ost (682) so 700-1000 rank players
The opponent team was all higher ladder rank, between 200 and 400.
With this win I LOST 30 places in the ladder to 712.
I then played another match, won that won.
The opponent team was farther down the ladder rank, in the 1500-2500 rank area.
With this win I LOST another 2 places to 734.
The third match was also a win.
The opponent team was a mish mash of people that only play arranged teams, they had no ranks.
With this win I lost another 2 places to 736.
This makes no sense to me, other than people climbing a head of me, this could explain the 2 last ones, but the largest loss in ladder rank was the first match, which was against much higher ladder rank players.
The only reason I really care about this is when you ladder rank this low, you lose about 70% of matches due to people rage quitting on your team in the first couple of minutes. Once around 400-ish on the ladder the teams are mostly not retarded.
the elo is superbroken, but never lost ranks when winning