Login

russian armor

Pershing vs Tiger. Shouldn't Pershing be buffed?

PAGES (21)down
19 May 2021, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 07:11 AMredfox

Maybe that's even a bit too cheap, let's say it could cost 500/190 (Comet 480/175). But can we please actually talk about implementing this? I have NOT heard an argument against a price reduction, not even from Sander. Can balance team please read this thread? I feel like we are talking to a wall?!

I think 500/200 is fair.
pershing is closer to comet, or a panther with AI, and with superior accuracy.

tiger can survie 1 more hit and get 5 more range, sure. But i dont think tiger are superior to pershing to result in such a long topic.
19 May 2021, 07:19 AM

Absolutely. And the numbers I´d probably leave to the experience of the complete balance team. But can they PLEASE look at this before making the patch go live after ML final?
19 May 2021, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 01:48 AMtheekvn
...People are too stupid to know how good Jpz4 is because Panther require less mirco, less brain cells.

Can we pls stop insulting players.

The theory that anyone and everyone who plays OKW is "too stupid" is not really realistic or even helpful.

It also indicates that the person who repeats has not single game as OKW.
19 May 2021, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 08:09 AMVipper

Can we pls stop insulting players.

The theory that anyone and everyone who plays OKW is "too stupid" is not really realistic or even helpful.

It also indicates that the person who repeats has not single game as OKW.

dont push words into my mouth. thanks
using panther is easier than Jpz4 due to the nature of those tank. Panther can easilly shut down Alies genaral tanks alone so OKW or even Weh can pay mirco tax to another unit. Panther can do more than rather than anti tank duty too.
19 May 2021, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 08:58 AMtheekvn

dont push words into my mouth. thanks

If in your opinion I have misrepresented in any pls explain which "People are too stupid".

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 08:58 AMtheekvn

using panther is easier than Jpz4 due to the nature of those tank. Panther can easilly shut down Alies genaral tanks alone so OKW or even Weh can pay mirco tax to another unit. Panther can do more than rather than anti tank duty too.

Pls explain in your opinion which TD is better Panther or JPIV.

Because so far according to you Panther is easier to use and can do more while JP need to be fully supported.

And since this is about Pershing, Panther is better at dealing with Pershing.

As for your suggestion for M26 to have a crew that is not going to happen because it would be exploited to by the limit of 1.
19 May 2021, 11:35 AM

Guys, this is becoming offtopic. @Vipper: What's your take on the proposed Pershing reduction cost or MG pintle addition/armor to 300 buff to reflect it having the same price as the tiger?
19 May 2021, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 11:35 AMredfox
Guys, this is becoming offtopic. @Vipper: What's your take on the proposed Pershing reduction cost or MG pintle addition/armor to 300 buff to reflect it having the same price as the tiger?

One could test bringing the price to that of the Command Panther at 520/200, can't see any reason for a lower price than that , especially when Croc cost 630/230.

Any change should be minor.

It will still not make much difference is diversifying USF commanders since AB and UA the top choices remain as strong (or even stronger).
19 May 2021, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 12:17 PMVipper

One could test bringing the price to that of the Command Panther at 520/200 can see any reason for a lower price.

Sounds reasonable.
19 May 2021, 14:04 PM

i like to see pershing in more commanders. this part of reason why tigers are selected more often. because they are more of them

heavy calvary is not as useful for me as a rank 1000 2v2 player in many maps.
and for 4v4, i take priest or calliope to support. unless we count ranger+zooks meme play.

maybe make pershing like kt. have all 3 officers on field, unlocks a pershing upgrade in base. once upgrade done, you can call a pershing. afterwards, you dont need the 3 officers around unlike okw
19 May 2021, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 12:17 PMVipper

One could test bringing the price to that of the Command Panther at 520/200, can't see any reason for a lower price than that , especially when Croc cost 630/230.

It will still not make much difference is diversifying USF commanders since AB and UA the top choices remain as strong (or even stronger).

This is the price point I would aim for as well.
20 May 2021, 01:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 11:30 AMVipper

If in your opinion I have misrepresented in any pls explain which "People are too stupid".

Pls explain in your opinion which TD is better Panther or JPIV.

Because so far according to you Panther is easier to use and can do more while JP need to be fully supported.

And since this is about Pershing, Panther is better at dealing with Pershing.

As for your suggestion for M26 to have a crew that is not going to happen because it would be exploited to by the limit of 1.

please, Panther is not a classical TD like Jpz4. It is prem-medium tank or high weight medium that forcus on AT department.
Because panther nature, He can stand alone with EVERY ALIES GENARAL TANKs and Inf ( with pintle MG).
Is that make sense to you ?
- The idea of An exclusive Crews for M26 ( joke on you, I wrote "Pattton crew" for a reason) come from COH1 mod ( some COH2 mod have it too, I guess). M26 have a carry slot ( only carry 3 model) that carry Exclusive crew and major. that Crew take same popcap as major when pop out tank.

+ When M26 carry them, he had 100% performance and a new ability( maybe "on me" or break retreat skill on Campagin),small aura. If they get out then M26 performance will drop to 65-70% ( only driver and gunner stay in while tank commander, radio mand and loader get out) very logical indeed.
+ Vet 0 will have repair speed of RE vet 0, repair of vet 3 is same as Tankcrew vet 2 and unlock critical repair at vet 2 but faster active time than normal crew. You can put passive sprint and combat stats on vet 1 in case of losing M26 so that they are still useful on battle field.
+ Major can jump in too, give M26 ability to call IR pathfinder arty strike style (only 2 fast 155/240mm shell for 65 ammu, global cooldown with major arty barrage ), smoke nades ( less smoke shell than normal M4) and "On Me" ability.

- This idea can make M26 more unility, flexibale, mobility for it cost wihout giving any raw stat buff to acchive the goal "M26 suppose to lose to tiger". It also fix the cheese " jump out Jump in " USF and repair problem (so it can stay at 960hp/270 armor).
20 May 2021, 04:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 01:35 AMtheekvn

Snip

The Panther is a heavy tank, not a premium medium. Max health on a premium medium is 800. Panther has 960, same as the KV-1 or Pershing. As such, being good at AT and alright at AI is common. She's not a TD.
20 May 2021, 06:38 AM

The Panther is a heavy tank, not a premium medium. Max health on a premium medium is 800. Panther has 960, same as the KV-1 or Pershing. As such, being good at AT and alright at AI is common. She's not a TD.

then complain to Relic about how panther is med or heavy:
- "Germany's premier medium tank, the Panther has great frontal protection but weaker side and rear armor. The deadly KwK 42 75mm main gun provides excellent armor penetration.

Effective against all armored vehicles. Weak to infantry anti-tank."
Also here is Relic orgin description about M26:

- " Better protected and better armed than the M4 Sherman, the M26 Pershing Heavy Tank is armed with a powerful 90mm main gun. The Pershing is considered to be on equal terms with the Panther, making it a powerful vehicle feared by many.

Effective against all armored vehicles. Weak to infantry anti-tank."

- Right now, how is "equal terms with the panther" from M26 ? and now why we made " M26 suppose to lose to Tiger, panther" stands higher than Relic design ?

- powerful vehicle feared by many they said :D
20 May 2021, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 06:38 AMtheekvn
then complain to Relic about how panther is med or heavy:

Don't put any stock into Relic's descriptions. Half of them are inconsistent or wrong.

The Panther is only a medium tank because the Germans classified it as such. It weighed as much or more than most heavy tanks of the time with similar or better frontal protection. It's also technically a heavy in game, because it has heavy crush.
20 May 2021, 06:55 AM

Don't put any stock into Relic's descriptions. Half of them are wrong.

The Panther is only a medium tank because the Germans classified it as such. It was a heavy tank in all but name though. It's also technically a heavy ingame, because it has heavy crush.

ok, you confirm it is a heavy tank in game, so we will take it.

So if it is a heavy tank, why cant it have heavy tank stat in term of armor/hp, especially when other "advantages" it suppose to have is not enough ? 270/800 is clearly premium medium stat.
20 May 2021, 06:59 AM

ok, you confirm it is a heavy tank in game, so we will take it.

So if it is a heavy tank, why cant it have heavy tank stat in term of armor/hp, especially when other "advantages" it suppose to have is not enough ? 270/800 is clearly premium medium stat.

I can clearly see that's not how modder & axis player wants.

However, I believe we can give Pershing a better AI AND range +5 just like IS2 or Tiger.

I don't see any reason for Only Pershing to not have range +5 at vet 2.
20 May 2021, 07:04 AM

1/ like i said, 960 hp, heavy crush bla bla do not make panther become HEAVY TANK but how their design potray. Germnan design them as medium tank with high amount of armor to penratration Soviet deep defendline + try to win on Manpower war against Soviet.
thing is simple, Panther win alies general tank by its high HP, armor, speed, good gun in the form of medium tank.
If you say Panther is heavy tank, then by that logic Axis is on the edge because they not only has Heavy tank non doc but also heavy tank on doc. Oh wait, OKW has 2 non doc heavy.
20 May 2021, 07:04 AM

For the same reason Churchill/KV-1 does not have 260 penetration.
20 May 2021, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 07:04 AMKatitof

For the same reason Churchill/KV-1 does not have 260 penetration.

as Sander repply " high amor, hp and heavy crush = heavy tank :D "
PAGES (21)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight