Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
2 Apr 2021, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 18:59 PMVipper

Pls stop making non constrictive/personal comment in feedback thread.

Pot calling the kettle black.

As for the rest of your "arguments" it's okay if axis have a 200 munitions nuke to destroy static emplacements but if it's the allies then it's suddenly bad, right? Not to mention you're saying it's okay for allies to have to use two barrages to take out a howitzer but the other way around it's fine with one ability.
2 Apr 2021, 20:01 PM

Why are people going through every allies thread trying to hard nerf every ability that may counter any axis artillery?

The more artillery counter there is, the less likely we are going to see them. I think it's very healthy for the game.
2 Apr 2021, 21:43 PM

They will be adjusted, it just didn't make it in yet.
i think adding the mortar team would fit , i mean it was removed from the other commander right ?

btw idk where to report bug so i will report here, the advanced emplacement heat round for the 17 pounder needs vet 1 for some reason
3 Apr 2021, 01:26 AM

Make Bofors 0 pop cap. Essentialy, the best bunker MG in game. Fits thier theme and MAYBE you will actually see it built in a real 1v1 match
3 Apr 2021, 02:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 05:57 AMOlfin
I think Early Warning ability should be nerefed or removed like the OKW artillery flare, it gives a huge amount of vision so easily without any risks.

Yeah this ability is too powerful in team games.

Move early warning flares onto valentine and replace the ability with counter battery maybe? It is artillery commander after-all.
3 Apr 2021, 04:32 AM

Briefly messed around with Raid Sections... they are fun and allow for a different style of Brit play which is nice but I feel like they are mismatched for Mobile Assault despite being a thematic fit. Problem is that they are basically longer range commandos with BAR-vickers when you can already get Bren-mandos if you really want. You're rarely going to use both them AND commandos which is a waste. Plus you don't really need molotovs in a commander with doctrinal flamers.

My own thoughts is to move Raid Section to Vanguard and rename them Vanguard Section. I'd remove Commandos from the Glider and somehow fit Raid Section in. I'd even be okay with removing the vanguard glider- the healing is pointless with new medics and building Vickers and AT gun from glider was always pointless. If glider stays then change it to ability to build mortars. I'd strongly reconsider Vet 1 Camo if Raid Section doesn't get ambush bonus or something... otherwise what's the point? Extra sight while Camouflaged would at least allow them to be spotters. Something like a mini Smoke Raid Vet 1 ability would be cool or an off map mortar barrage or a timed Sniper Crit ability that briefly lets them snipe models like pathfinders...
3 Apr 2021, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 16:04 PMVipper
Advanced Emplacement Regiment
Defensive Operations

Allow Ro E to build trenches/tank traps/caches

tank trap is good, but trenches and cache are redundant as section already have them and the construction menu of sapper is already quite full.

on the other hand, let tommy built mg bunker, soviet is getting one, meaning ukf is the only faction without a mg bunker. The ability can also allow tommy to lay mine and built bags/trenches at faster rate.

Improved Fortification

The free WP for Mortar pit seem better suited for artillery commander it also seem to require both mortars before it can be used,

17p barrage seem to require vet 1.

i think the point of wp is to allow mortar pit to fight of mortar/leig spam, as counter battery is removed. Which is good, i believe. Tho, CD and cost need fine tune, for now, with 25 mu, mortar pit can create a wp zone on par with rifle coy's off map.

17lp with barrage is dumb and unrealistic. Just how hard it is to create a 25lb emplacement ? i can mod it out in 10 minutes with snakeeye's guide, and cut the crap with "no new units" as there are raid section.

I would suggest the following:
Possibly trade some HP fro received damage so that emplacements can be repaired faster.

problem is, currently, emplacements in general have a very large HP pool and a x2 dmg modifider from all source. I think it is like that to prevent emplacement from being repair too fast, but it mean adding reduction dmg is not a strait forward change.

Improved fortification mortar
Cost 50 manpower reduced pop of pit by 2 and adds garrison bonus.
or
Cost 50 manpower reduced pop of pit by 2 and add counter fire as timed not cost ability.

Improved fortification AA
as is and now reduce pop by 2 also

Improved fortification 17p
Cost 50 MP, add the barrage, increases rotation by 10% reduces pop by 2.

The emplacement that need garrison bonus the most is the boffor as it actually unlock a somewhat useable ability. Bonus on mortar pit is simply redundant and wp is ways better.

pop reduce can be a thing.

Possibly moving advance assembly to this ability freeing an spot

Advanced Assembly

cost to 50 MU now only repair vehicles

Move it to Royal engineer to replace crew repair. For the free slot, Stand fast can be bring back in, or it can be the 25ib emplacement that EVERYONE want.
3 Apr 2021, 04:53 AM

Taking of raid section, allow me to introduce my version (created a while ago).

They are a 5 man squad with quite small RA, can spawn from building but armed fully with pistol (ww1 flashback anyone ?). They decap point very fast and can cloak and while moving slowly lile the old rak as well as throw assault grenades. There are no weapon upgrade for them (actually i gave them a couple of shotgun but as there are no in game models, i wont include it).

ofc, this is for fun only and i dont suggest any of above for baclance.

3 Apr 2021, 07:10 AM

The thing is this commander is difficult to balance. It should be able to build and maintain more emplacements but one the other hand it should not be able to hard counter indirect fire weapons.

On the other hand Ro. Art should be the commander with superior mortar pits.

Maybe one should experiment with the adding ability to dismantle the complements for refund or for the ability to build them again for 50-75% of cost.

Maybe ti work like this. Emplacement can now be abandoned using the Pak43 and one gets a crew as refund. The crew can be build the same type of emplacement and then crew it at a reduced price.
3 Apr 2021, 07:30 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Vickers K becoming like British BAR...

The Bren Gun was far more like the BAR. The Vickers K was more equivalent to MG42. The roles being reversed is quite counter-intuitive.

I understand that the intention is to give Anvil Sappers feel less awkward, but in my opinion another way to accomplish this is giving Anvil Sappers rifles.
3 Apr 2021, 09:26 AM

Speaking of the Vickers K, why not give it to the Churchill Croc and AVRE as pintle points through vet as well?

Maybe even the Commander upgrade too, I believe both models support it.
3 Apr 2021, 09:57 AM

Advanced emplacements is a meme.

It would be nice if it gave the ability to build the British base MG bunkers, as well as the 25 pounder emplacement (as entitled repeatedly before, I just want to say I like it)
3 Apr 2021, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 07:10 AMVipper

The thing is this commander is difficult to balance. It should be able to build and maintain more emplacements but one the other hand it should not be able to hard counter indirect fire weapons.

if one pick emplacement commander and their emplacement still got counter by the same way as usual then what is the point. Able to build more emplacement is meaningless if they still got destroyed while player cant event fight back. Paying 250 mu (barrage+recon) to destroy an LEHF doesnt event cheap or cost effective as pp (you) make it sound like.

and yet commander with lefh and stuka bombs still exits,

On the other hand Ro. Art should be the commander with superior mortar pits.

yeah, Advance emplacement regiment cant have a better emplacement, nice mind set. And i remember that you was always complain about Ro. art having too much arty, what happened since then ?

Maybe one should experiment with the adding ability to dismantle the complements for refund or for the ability to build them again for 50-75% of cost.

Maybe ti work like this. Emplacement can now be abandoned using the Pak43 and one gets a crew as refund. The crew can be build the same type of emplacement and then crew it at a reduced price.

someone can create a mod trying it, but it is too late and too big of a change for live game by now.
3 Apr 2021, 13:57 PM

if one pick emplacement commander and their emplacement still got counter by the same way as usual then what is the point. Able to build more emplacement is meaningless if they still got destroyed while player cant event fight back.

(Pls avoid personal comments.)

And would is the point of Lefh if it can not counter what it is supposed to be counter which is static play?

Paying 250 mu (barrage+recon) to destroy an LEHF doesnt event cheap or cost effective as pp (you) make it sound like.

And an LeFH is not as cheap either

and yet commander with lefh and stuka bombs still exits,

And commander with ML-20 and IL-2 bomb also exist, it even has recon that is not available to the Otheer commander

yeah, Advance emplacement regiment cant have a better emplacement, nice mind set.

That is simply not my mind set. (Pls avoid personal comments.)
The majority of my suggestions offer better emplacement to the commander.

And i remember that you was always complain about Ro. art having too much arty, what happened since then ?

It has too much off map, it would better designed if commander come with better on map options including an improved mortar pit.

someone can create a mod trying it, but it is too late and too big of a change for live game by now.

I do not see why. Scuttle is already in game.
3 Apr 2021, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2021, 13:57 PMVipper

And would is the point of Lefh if it can not counter what it is supposed to be counter which is static play?

The LEFH will still being a mean of counter static play vs other faction/commander. Advance emplacement simply mean player will have to change to other counter, which are available in various forms.

Take a look at OKW's fortified doctrine, it offer series of defense structure for static play then a Howitzer with CB to counter all indirect then a very powerful off map on top of it, how about that ?

And an LeFH is not as cheap either

which mean using the combo is a fair trade.

And commander with ML-20 and IL-2 bomb also exist, it even has recon that is not available to the Otheer commander

which mean the concept is fine, see example of OKW above.

That is simply not my mind set. (Pls avoid personal comments.)
The majority of my suggestions offer better emplacement to the commander.

It was your argument, who mind set it suppose to be? Me ?
And that dont event a offense comment, dont start acting victim, yet.

On the other hand.
tank trap is not a better emplacement.
Reduce pop dont make emplacement better.
garrison bonus has minor impact.
17lb barrage is dumb.
Reduce dmg taken conflict with the built in 2x dmg taken.

All are just minor, non impact suggestion in exchange for removing actually meaningful stuffs namely WP and off map.

It has too much off map, it would better designed if commander come with better on map options including an improved mortar pit.

which is only your opinion. Most pp think Ro.A is fine outside of the flare, event more so after the valentine change direct barrage bug fix.

I do not see why. Scuttle is already in game.

scuttle is a thing, scuttle to a squad to rebuild is another thing. The biggest issue is vet retain hadnt been solved, and event it is solved, it will be complex.
4 Apr 2021, 06:12 AM

The new Raid Section could be balanced around a limit of 1 analogous to the OST Jaeger Squad. Secondly, they should use the Volksgrenadier Incendiary Grenade model and animation instead of the Molotov assets.

4 Apr 2021, 07:37 AM

The new Raid Section could be balanced around a limit of 1 analogous to the OST Jaeger Squad. Secondly, they should use the Volksgrenadier Incendiary Grenade model and animation instead of the Molotov assets.

Why would British Infantry use a fictional German Grenade?
4 Apr 2021, 08:45 AM

I just saw tightrope video of UKF particularly Raid sections and Vickers K... is this a joke or what? Winning every single engagement regardless of vet and range, congrats! Engineers/vickers/and other type of infantry units no need to be used anymore!
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 5
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L