Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
19 May 2021, 20:48 PM

One issue the Pershing has is that it forces you into a very rigid build.

Yeah we very much agree there. It's emphasis on mobility might make it fit the theme of the faction, but putting that much fuel/pop into any one unit kind of contrasts with the USF style imo. It's in a strange place to be sure
19 May 2021, 21:00 PM

What I find rather dull is the Rangers. Literally 0 abilities other than the grenade and I think 10 pop for a squad that the only shiny part is 3 weapon slots is weird to me. Especially considering their description of marksmanship etc. maybe they can get some sort of long range marksmen upgrade like a better pathfinder like JLI or something that makes them long range elite infantry.
19 May 2021, 21:01 PM

The only reason Urban is popular is because the USF has an incomplete stock roster.

The fact remain is one of the most popular with a big difference regardless of reason. One of the goal of this patch should be to close these gap between commander and thus Urban defence does not need a buff.

Not because it's got some magical units in it.

Never claim the commander has some magical units in it. Fact remains that far more popular than Tactical support so it really really really does not need any buffs.

Judging by the last time we played together, you should be asking for Mega Buffs for USF.

And judging from the fact that you seem to play 1 single mode with single faction you should probably listen to who play all factions more or maybe you should avoid personal comments.

Unless you want to argue that Urban defense needs a buff I suggest you move on.
19 May 2021, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 21:00 PMJilet
What I find rather dull is the Rangers. Literally 0 abilities other than the grenade and I think 10 pop for a squad that the only shiny part is 3 weapon slots is weird to me. Especially considering their description of marksmanship etc. maybe they can get some sort of long range marksmen upgrade like a better pathfinder like JLI or something that makes them long range elite infantry.

They do get different rifles in the patch....
19 May 2021, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 21:02 PMVipper

They do get different rifles in the patch....

I know, yet the role stays the same. Its just until you buy thompsons or 3 zooks on them. I'm talking about an actual side upgrade like para MGs as a long range upgrade.
19 May 2021, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 21:03 PMJilet

I know, yet the role stays the same. Its just until you buy thompsons or 3 zooks on them. I'm talking about an actual side upgrade like para MGs as a long range upgrade.

Making them overlap with Paras makes little sense.
19 May 2021, 21:53 PM

Giving rangers more utility based upgrades would help them along, like demo charges or fire up.
19 May 2021, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 21:04 PMVipper

Making them overlap with Paras makes little sense.

I'm not saying give them LMGs. I'm saying it would be cool if we had the option to choose between Thompsons and long range scoped rifles or something like camouflage. Rangers should have some sort of utility at least like a smoke. There are tons of options for them but we have their worst iteration probably.

Here are some ideas:

> Give them another upgrade for long range like JLI sniper.
> Give them sprint and/or smoke grenades.
> Give them camouflage.
> Give them demo charges.
> Make them benefit from riflemen field defenses.

and many more ideas can be created for them rather than the 3 zook carrier dullness.
19 May 2021, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 21:55 PMJilet

I'm not saying give them LMGs. I'm saying it would be cool if we had the option to choose between Thompsons and long range scoped rifles or something like camouflage. Rangers should have some sort of utility at least like a smoke. There are tons of options for them but we have their worst iteration probably.

Here are some ideas:

> Give them another upgrade for long range like JLI sniper.
> Give them sprint and/or smoke grenades.
> Give them camouflage.
> Give them demo charges.

and many more ideas can be created for them rather than the 3 zook carrier dullness.

The real problem is not "Rangers "dullness", it is every other unit power creeping and becoming like Rangers...

SMG units like rangers should have an ability that boosted their durability for limited time. They the player would have to decided when to use that ability instead of yoling into a fight.

There is even a good name for it "lead the way"
19 May 2021, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2021, 21:55 PMJilet

I like the idea of rangers also functioning as a beefier riflemen squad. BAR-ed up Rangers do shred because their accuracy is higher than riflemen. It is, of course, an insane amount of munitions though.
20 May 2021, 01:52 AM

digging skills from USF compaign and give them to Ranger :D
20 May 2021, 07:03 AM

BAR-ed up Rangers do shred because their accuracy is higher than riflemen

This is not true. The BAR's stats are exactly the same for both squads. Rangers even get a lower accuracy bonus with veterancy (+25% compared to Rifles' +30%). The only thing that makes them better is that they can equip 3 (though this costs a fortune), and that their elite carbines are better than Rifle M1 Garands.
20 May 2021, 12:56 PM

This is not true. The BAR's stats are exactly the same for both squads. Rangers even get a lower accuracy bonus with veterancy (+25% compared to Rifles' +30%). The only thing that makes them better is that they can equip 3 (though this costs a fortune), and that their elite carbines are better than Rifle M1 Garands.

So do you intend to give something to Ranger, so it can be something special than just 3 zooks carrier?
MMX
20 May 2021, 13:38 PM

So do you intend to give something to Ranger, so it can be something special than just 3 zooks carrier?

A 6-man squad with 3 weapon slots, high DPS Thompsons (and an additional BAR if desired), nade and a vet 0 target size of 0.73 isn't enough? At Vet3 these dudes are even more durable than Vet3 Shocks.

EDIT: nvm, was probably thinking of CoH1 rangers...
20 May 2021, 13:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 13:38 PMMMX

A 6-man squad with 3 weapon slots, high DPS Thompsons (and an additional BAR if desired), nade and a vet 0 target size of 0.73 isn't enough? At Vet3 these dudes are even more durable than Vet3 Shocks.

Rangers are 5 men. They are only more durable per model, but not on a squad basis.
20 May 2021, 14:18 PM

Rangers are 5 men. They are only more durable per model, but not on a squad basis.

Hannibal just imagine 6-man 0.8 RA Ranger Officer Squad. We need this shit in Rifle company m8.
20 May 2021, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 13:38 PMMMX

They still have fairly close fights with vet 3 Ass Gren Squads though.
20 May 2021, 14:52 PM

All I'm saying is, it would be really cool if we had some of raw power from Rangers turned into some sort of utility. Even the Shock Troops are more utility packed than 5-men Rangers.

Not only that buy they arrive the latest at 3cps unlike Shocks, Guards, JLI, FSJ that arrive at 2cps and Pgrens which arrive much earlier.
MMX
20 May 2021, 14:57 PM

oh lol... yeah nvm. should play more usf apparently
20 May 2021, 15:06 PM

Someone mention scope garand remind me that if ranger still have carbine, we can give them an 2 or 3 scope garand as a long range marksmanship upgrade, which being good long range and decent on the moved. This nolonger the case, tho, since they already move to default garand.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS