Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
21 May 2021, 12:13 PM

I tested it, and it did not have 40 range.

When I tested it had more range than pathfinder without vet.

The range should be 39.9 and not 40 anyway.
21 May 2021, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2021, 11:23 AMVipper

As far as I know that is incorrect. Bazooka benefits from the extra range as any other weapon.

this may be true, but i never see anyone actually use such a set up, and i has been in the game for quite a long time to begin with.
21 May 2021, 13:20 PM

this may be true, but i never see anyone actually use such a set up, and i has been in the game for quite a long time to begin with.

I have simply pointed a error.

In my opinion bazookas on Pathfinder are quite good since the unit has very XP value and vet pretty fast.

One can set up ambush on tanks using them, the fact the people might or might not use them does not much either.
21 May 2021, 16:13 PM

There is few users who consistently using it.

I TBH don't see any value in that. It's like given schrek to JLI. But sometimes it works with sight bonus of pathfinder + bazooka + pack howitzer.
21 May 2021, 20:17 PM

The range increase doesn't apply to Bazookas.

Not the best test but when right clicking on a vehicle, the Vet 3 Pathfinder would fire while the non Vet 3 would charge forward instead of firing at max range.

Like take Panzergrenadiers for example, sometimes when right clicking on a tank the squad will fire at max range with the Bazookas while other times the squad will be retarded and try to charge forward as closely as possible. Probably not intended but maybe possible due to losing models in combat (as COH 2 did have a numerous Vet related bugs) but the Pathfinder does benefit with the Bazooka at Vet 3 vs non Vet, even if it is simply more responsive with right clicks, the responsiveness is noticeable in regards to right click vehicles.
21 May 2021, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2021, 13:20 PMVipper

I have simply pointed a error.

In my opinion bazookas on Pathfinder are quite good since the unit has very XP value and vet pretty fast.

One can set up ambush on tanks using them, the fact the people might or might not use them does not much either.

I mean, i saw the tools tip for pathfinder vet when use the modding tools. The way it is set up is in fact can have such an effect of increasing range on bazooka (tho i didn't really test or see them in action so i only said it may be true). The rest of the post is just from my experience and dont necessary have anything to go with or against the original statement (pathfinder can be good zook carrier).

For short, pathfinder zook can be a thing, but pp just dont do that where i came from.
Pip
21 May 2021, 20:59 PM

I mean, i saw the tools tip for pathfinder vet when use the modding tools. The way it is set up is in fact can have such an effect of increasing range on bazooka (tho i didn't really test or see them in action so i only said it may be true). The rest of the post is just from my experience and dont necessary have anything to go with or against the original statement (pathfinder can be good zook carrier).

For short, pathfinder zook can be a thing, but pp just dont do that where i came from.

I guess I can see the argument for Pathfinders with Zooks, the sight, and increased range of their Zooks has some utility.

They have Camo and the ability to Hold Fire too, right? I can see that being potentially rather nice.

MMX
22 May 2021, 11:55 AM

Not the best test but when right clicking on a vehicle, the Vet 3 Pathfinder would fire while the non Vet 3 would charge forward instead of firing at max range.

Like take Panzergrenadiers for example, sometimes when right clicking on a tank the squad will fire at max range with the Bazookas while other times the squad will be retarded and try to charge forward as closely as possible. Probably not intended but maybe possible due to losing models in combat (as COH 2 did have a numerous Vet related bugs) but the Pathfinder does benefit with the Bazooka at Vet 3 vs non Vet, even if it is simply more responsive with right clicks, the responsiveness is noticeable in regards to right click vehicles.

just tested in-game on the test rage map and i can confirm the range increase does indeed apply to bazookas. at least for ground attacking, that is... haven't tested if the auto attack will target units beyond 35 m, but i see no reason why it shouldn't.
22 May 2021, 15:08 PM

Lol When pathfinders hit vet3 i always give them zooks. Really fun way to deal with werfers or even with elefants after pinpoint arty
22 May 2021, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2021, 11:55 AMMMX

just tested in-game on the test rage map and i can confirm the range increase does indeed apply to bazookas. at least for ground attacking, that is... haven't tested if the auto attack will target units beyond 35 m, but i see no reason why it shouldn't.

I have over 7000 hours on COH 2 and like almost 3000 hours on the modding tools so I usually look for things like that or for bugs to try to improve the game as much as possible though I usually work on adding tooltips to the game.

23 May 2021, 03:30 AM

I have over 7000 hours on COH 2 and like almost 3000 hours on the modding tools so I usually look for things like that or for bugs to try to improve the game as much as possible though I usually work on adding tooltips to the game.

What mod gives accurate stats like this????
I hope coh3 will have these shit built in.
MMX
23 May 2021, 06:34 AM

this looks really cool. stuff like this as well as the numerical veterancy descriptions would make great additions to the stock game!
23 May 2021, 08:01 AM

What mod gives accurate stats like this????
I hope coh3 will have these shit built in.

It was a mod I made myself back in 2017 due to my huge hatred of the basic tooltips that give no information and having to check mod tools all the time to view basic stats that should be in the game. It would be possible to do with the Live Game for Veterancy and ability tooltips. The problem is having to redo it every patch which is a pain in the ass to type out hundreds of lines. Its doable though with COH 2, just the developers are unwilling or too lazy to do it. It would be nice if we had a patch that just focused on UI Improvements rather than balance.
23 May 2021, 08:03 AM

It was a mod I made myself back in 2017 due to my huge hatred of the basic tooltips that give no information and having to check mod tools all the time to view basic stats that should be in the game. It would be possible to do with the Live Game for Veterancy and ability tooltips. The problem is having to redo it every patch which is a pain in the ass to type out hundreds of lines. Its doable though with COH 2, just the developers are unwilling or too lazy to do it. It would be nice if we had a patch that just focused on UI Improvements rather than balance.

There should be an option to toggle between detailed view and normal view.
23 May 2021, 08:20 AM

There should be an option to toggle between detailed view and normal view.

Agreed, I always turn on Advanced/Detailed Tooltips in any game I play that has the option to pick.

Granted these photos are really old but I originally wanted to add clarity to what upgrades did/gave as well. Whether it was tech like Hammer/Anvil or unit upgrades.

23 May 2021, 09:27 AM

Friendly fire damage on the 240mm arty need to be increased. Currently friendly unit take almost no damage.
24 May 2021, 00:49 AM

right now 240mm arty freindly fire damage is same as Arty railway. It is too risky to pushing while using 240mm ( being doomed by your whole shell). So NO
New 240mm arty form can have more friendly fire dmg, not current one.
MMX
24 May 2021, 05:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 00:49 AMtheekvn
right now 240mm arty freindly fire damage is same as Arty railway. It is too risky to pushing while using 240mm ( being doomed by your whole shell). So NO

iirc railway arty and the 240mm offmap do not have the same friendly fire modifiers and the latter does way less damage to your own troops, which i guess was vipper's point. you can certainly argue if it were better to have higher ff on every offmap or if that would open the door to easier team-killing (intended or by accident), but i think the same rules should apply to either side.
24 May 2021, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 00:49 AMtheekvn

PLS check fact or test thing before posting.
24 May 2021, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2021, 05:03 AMMMX
You can certainly argue if it were better to have higher ff on every offmap or if that would open the door to easier team-killing (intended or by accident), but i think the same rules should apply to either side.

+1 Friendly fire should be standardized within its categories. For example: Grenades, onmap artillery, offmap abilities and so on. Atm it is not very user friendly, because you can't know all the stats. Some abilities kill your own troops outright while others do next to nothing.
Friendly fire should always hurt somehow (although team killers exist). It is just plain dumb if you can safely call in fire at your own positions/troops to fend off an opponent push.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak