Login

russian armor

My respond to the accusations

PAGES (13)down
A_E
31 Mar 2021, 06:35 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

But if Relic would have been presented with proper reasoning, evidence and so-on right in the beggining

That's exactly what happened.
31 Mar 2021, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 06:35 AMA_E

That's exactly what happened.

Are we sure John's comment is aimed toward you? You did a great job in my opinion.

I don't know if there is a relation but I've experienced longer queue time on 2vs2 since the banwave and be matched vs Brosnas team (and got rape obviously) like there is nobody else playing the game anymore between our respective ranks at an hours when usually there are?

I have to admit since the seeking's case has been opened I became a bit suspicious about cheating, seeing many situation where I'm thinking if the guy is really that lucky or really that good to always found out what will be my next step.
A_E
31 Mar 2021, 09:38 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 07:12 AMEsxile

Are we sure John's comment is aimed toward you? You did a great job in my opinion.

Well I thought it was aimed towards me (and stumrpanther etc.), so I'd be very happy to have it cleared up if it wasn't.
31 Mar 2021, 09:42 AM

I read it aimed towards everyone in the community, not aimed towards anyone in particular. There were/are several disgraceful comments from both sides.
A_E
31 Mar 2021, 09:49 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I read it aimed towards everyone in the community, not aimed towards anyone in particular. There were/are several disgraceful comments from both sides.

Fair enough, that's good to hear.
31 Mar 2021, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 07:12 AMEsxile

I have to admit since the seeking's case has been opened I became a bit suspicious about cheating, seeing many situation where I'm thinking if the guy is really that lucky or really that good to always found out what will be my next step.

I will admit as well to being reluctant to play, there were more than a few suspicious games in the past which I wrote off as 'they were just that good'. They seemed to know all the movements even the unusual ones. Of course it could be all just perception and one high profile suspicion-turning-into-actual-case making us question everything.

There were unpleasant aspects revealed by many and unfortunately this will leave a legacy of sorts, but hopefully it should fade fairly quickly in time.
A_E
31 Mar 2021, 10:33 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I will admit as well to being reluctant to play, there were more than a few suspicious games in the past which I wrote off as 'they were just that good'. They seemed to know all the movements even the unusual ones. Of course it could be all just perception and one high profile suspicion-turning-into-actual-case making us question everything.

There were unpleasant aspects revealed by many and unfortunately this will leave a legacy of sorts, but hopefully it should fade fairly quickly in time.

Genuinely you should ask an experienced friend check it out for you, a good pair of eyes can tell you what you're missing or confirm your suspicions. Just be open about it, you'll be surprised what you don't know about how people play and what they may notice that you don't!
31 Mar 2021, 10:37 AM

At this time, we can confirm that we have concluded our investigation and a ban has been issued to Seeking. We've recently brought in additional updates to our cheat detection system. With these in place we have reviewed historical match data and have instituted a ban wave for all accounts that were flagged as a result, including Seeking.

31 Mar 2021, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 10:33 AMA_E

Genuinely you should ask an experienced friend check it out for you, a good pair of eyes can tell you what you're missing or confirm your suspicions. Just be open about it, you'll be surprised what you don't know about how people play and what they may notice that you don't!

Alright, thanks for the advice. I don't have replays in question (and they wouldn't work due to the updates of course), but for future games that should work. I've reviewed a few replays from a teammate so they owe me reviews anyway.
31 Mar 2021, 12:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I had the feeling, the one thing that gave it away was his constant camera in the fog of war. #Believe
31 Mar 2021, 12:36 PM
Donator 11

How did they start it lol? How is the guy who cheated in a tournament not the one who started it?

We don't know if he cheated in the tournament
31 Mar 2021, 12:55 PM
Donator 11

About Relic's statements. He isn't jabbing on A_E and co, he is speaking about how we went on a witch hunt, blew it up and went on accusing people, and more
31 Mar 2021, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 12:22 PMSpanky
I had the feeling, the one thing that gave it away was his constant camera in the fog of war. #Believe

But FOW doesnt hide sound or trees crushing etc, amount of times I have hit a repairing vehicle through FOW because I can hear it is uncountable. I know what you are refering to though, just making it clear so that people that don'nt know about this might see everyone as a cheater for FOW 'snooping'.
31 Mar 2021, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2021, 08:09 AMA_E
This is all news to me, and whilst happy to be proven right in this matter I truly think there are some community members that gave Sturmpanther and I undue criticism, stress, and they were ultimately wrong in doing so. We protected imminent community events the hard way and put our reputations on the line in doing so. Very upsetting to see the amount of distrust in us from a vocal minority after years of faithful service.

and..

So given that there is little chance that this would have been retrospectively looked into and caught if it wasn't for the initial community investigation, (which only had to become public after we felt helpless with three cash events happening in a short space of time), we are now given more of a mention than the cheaters themselves? We should only be thanked!!!

You do deserve an apology. What else are you supposed to do in the absence of the Dev? You ask as many pros as you can and you had a CONSENSUS. It wasn't like it was 3 people, it was damn near all of them.

Ultimately what you had was a cheater willing to say or do anything to protect his reputation and his ability to earn a lot of money in tournaments while also having to deal with his hangers-on that just want to be noticed by senpai-seeking and they'll get as muddy as they need to before that happens.

You did the right thing.
31 Mar 2021, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 13:26 PMLatch

But FOW doesnt hide sound or trees crushing etc, amount of times I have hit a repairing vehicle through FOW because I can hear it is uncountable. I know what you are refering to though, just making it clear so that people that don'nt know about this might see everyone as a cheater for FOW 'snooping'.

And the infantry? You can probably smell it in FOG?
31 Mar 2021, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 14:04 PMbrosras

Obviously, don’t you remember the Grenadiers voice line?

“Smell that? Soviets!”
31 Mar 2021, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 14:04 PMbrosras

Where did I mention infantry
31 Mar 2021, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 14:12 PMLatch

Where did I mention infantry

where did he mention cars/tanks?
31 Mar 2021, 14:24 PM

We don't know if he cheated in the tournament

Okay? That's not really the relevant part of what I was saying... He's the one who cheated. The people investigating didn't "start" anything

But the people who run the tourneys are the ones who banned him first. Then Relic banned him from everything so I think that says a lot
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS