Login

russian armor

My respond to the accusations

PAGES (13)down
31 Mar 2021, 14:33 PM

Shout out to @A_E for bringing this serious issue to light and Relic for updating their hack detections. Cheating sucks and I'm glad to see it dealt with quickly.

31 Mar 2021, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 14:21 PMbrosras

where did he mention cars/tanks?

Simple, he stated that constant camera work in the FOW was what lead him to be suspicious, I responded by stating that you cant always blame camera work in FOW as and I quote:

"But FOW doesnt hide sound or trees crushing etc, amount of times I have hit a repairing vehicle through FOW because I can hear it is uncountable. I know what you are refering to though, just making it clear so that people that don'nt know about this might see everyone as a cheater for FOW 'snooping'."

Simple really, and as you can see, I didnt mention infantry :) Oh and erm " I know what you are refering to though"

;)
31 Mar 2021, 14:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Kudos to Relic for apparently still updating their cheat detection for CoH2. I hope this is part of the decision for long term support of CoH2 or maybe even the whole franchise.

For AE, Sturmpanther and everyone else involved it is also good to be backed up by these facts since this whole thing was a lot of stress for them. Getting some confirmation of having done the right thing is good, I hope this helps to finally end this topic mentally as well.
Regarding John's comment, I also read it the way that Relic was disappointed by how the community discussed this topic in general. I do not think this was targeted to AE and the other major players involved, if then only as part of the whole community since this issue had multiple layers.

Obviously, don’t you remember the Grenadiers voice line?

“Smell that? Soviets!”

THAT should be a new ability for the commander revamp patch.
31 Mar 2021, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 14:42 PMLatch

Simple, he stated that constant camera work in the FOW was what lead him to be suspicious, I responded by stating that you cant always blame camera work in FOW as and I quote:

"But FOW doesnt hide sound or trees crushing etc, amount of times I have hit a repairing vehicle through FOW because I can hear it is uncountable. I know what you are refering to though, just making it clear so that people that don'nt know about this might see everyone as a cheater for FOW 'snooping'."

Simple really, and as you can see, I didnt mention infantry :) Oh and erm " I know what you are refering to though"

;)

I didn't understand why you mentioned the noise in FOG, since it is written about in the prompts during loading.
31 Mar 2021, 15:06 PM

About Relic's statements. He isn't jabbing on A_E and co, he is speaking about how we went on a witch hunt, blew it up and went on accusing people, and more

My one and only comment ill make on this subject.

I agree with this.

Even through I liked the trans-parity showing us the evidence, this only divided the community more and lead to extreme levels of toxic behavior.

Guilty or not, when I saw that their was live streams going over the evidence. Literately every one can see and with headlines to go with it! Its not a good look on relics behalf and doing this publicly may have put them under pressure.

In my honest opinion evidence shouldnt been shown to the public. Senior members, Relic, pro players and well known players (ones who looked over the evidence first) should have handled this internally.

I like the trust in the community but in this case I cant help feel like we should of trust them instead.
31 Mar 2021, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 14:54 PMbrosras

I didn't understand why you mentioned the noise in FOG, since it is written about in the prompts during loading.

Fuck me, is it really that hard to understand why I said (in summary) not all FOW snooping is cheating, it can be useful?
31 Mar 2021, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 15:15 PMLatch

Fuck me, is it really that hard to understand why I said (in summary) not all FOW snooping is cheating, it can be useful?

I understand what you said, I do not understand why you say what is written in the training while loading the game
let's stop this)
31 Mar 2021, 15:57 PM

31 Mar 2021, 16:17 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

In my honest opinion evidence shouldnt been shown to the public. Senior members, Relic, pro players and well known players (ones who looked over the evidence first) should have handled this internally.

I like the trust in the community but in this case I cant help feel like we should of trust them instead.

If just all people in coh2 community would think so... But it was always for any mappatch or unit patch or other bans. WHY WHY WHY; tell me why.

For AE, Sturmpanther and everyone else involved it is also good to be backed up by these facts since this whole thing was a lot of stress for them. Getting some confirmation of having done the right thing is good, I hope this helps to finally end this topic mentally as well.

Indeed!
31 Mar 2021, 16:35 PM

Justice lmao
31 Mar 2021, 17:34 PM

Only thing more pathetic than a cheater is a cheater who also pretends he's good at the game.

Good fucking riddance.
A_E
31 Mar 2021, 18:51 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Master League Discord announcement:

@everyone Hopefully we can put this to bed now, as you have probably seen based on their own investigation and detection tools Relic banned the player Seeking for cheating.

Whilst I feel this highlights the value of community expertise and shows why we were justified in our actions in safeguarding our events at the time, we of course need actual procedures for the Master League going forward, and these have been worked on in the last two days.

Please see an early draft of the procedure here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zl2BQWbXiQRcNbUqZimirBf6jBydtKISjMoMqEvDAZM

Relic announcement: https://www.coh2.org/topic/107851/my-respond-to-the-accusations/post/857911

My response to this via YouTube video (hopefully the last ever i have to do on matters such as this): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur3m8TGCk-k
31 Mar 2021, 19:30 PM

id like to see Seekings "respond" now
31 Mar 2021, 19:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 19:30 PMBaba

^
31 Mar 2021, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 19:30 PMBaba

Are you hopin that he will be seeking forgiveness?
31 Mar 2021, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2021, 18:51 PMA_E
Master League Discord announcement:

@everyone Hopefully we can put this to bed now, as you have probably seen based on their own investigation Relic banned the player Seeking for cheating.

Whilst I feel this highlights the value of community expertise and shows why we were justified in our actions in safeguarding our events at the time, we of course need actual procedures for the Master League going forward, and these have been worked on in the last two days.

Please see an early draft of the procedure here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zl2BQWbXiQRcNbUqZimirBf6jBydtKISjMoMqEvDAZM

Relic announcement: https://www.coh2.org/topic/107851/my-respond-to-the-accusations/post/857911

My response to this via YouTube video (hopefully the last ever i have to do on matters such as this): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur3m8TGCk-k

Those procedures look like a great step forward for handling future instances (hopefully they aren't any future instances) of cheating accusations. Great work.
31 Mar 2021, 20:39 PM

I will kinda distance from seeking now. And focus more on the anti cheat system.
Does anyone here actually think relic went and update their cheat-system? The most of updates on the game is being made by community anyways, so i highly doubt they went and fix something they couldn't set up at start.
And how do you update the anti-cheat system, without updating the game? Also you are saying that relic had stored all the replays of all the games, and that they put them through new VAC? I am not a smart man, but doesn't anti-cheat work in a way, that you have to actively play to get detected and get banned?

IMO, someone should just map hack, post a video on youtube, and then will see, how good is the new anti-cheat system.
31 Mar 2021, 20:50 PM

I will kinda distance from seeking now. And focus more on the anti cheat system.
Does anyone here actually think relic went and update their cheat-system? The most of updates on the game is being made by community anyways, so i highly doubt they went and fix something they couldn't set up at start.

Tis a good question. I wonder too what was updated in the anti-cheat department. But if it was a multi-ban wave it must be something decent.
31 Mar 2021, 20:50 PM

IMO, someone should just map hack, post a video on youtube, and then will see, how good is the new anti-cheat system.

31 Mar 2021, 21:00 PM

Help me to understand that: It's normal to you that Relic has a Community Manager working on the game. Coders working on the game that created 64 bit version. Invested thousands of dollars into CoH2 tournaments in the last 2 years.

But them updating the anti cheat system makes 0 sense to you??

And how do you update the anti-cheat system, without updating the game? Also you are saying that relic had stored all the replays of all the games, and that they put them through new VAC? I am not a smart man, but doesn't anti-cheat work in a way, that you have to actively play to get detected and get banned?

We will never know and for a good reason. If we knew details about the system then every future hacker knows what to do in order to not getting caught.

However it's a weird assumption that the CoH2 Game Servers would need to be "patched" in the sense of the players needing to download something(?) for a cheat system getting updated.

And yes it's totally possible that Relic has millions of replays stored somewhere and has a system that is running secret test cases on them.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS