Login

russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
11 Mar 2021, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 23:36 PMSyraw

I have clips of luvnest doing even much more on spot MG turns than that. specially in game where he played vs Jesulin as USF.

You guys are just seeing things you want to see.

Here is the Luvnest example https://youtu.be/-LwgKnwtqtI?list=PL5Gq-kPFBcWF8NW9r1HtxeSKSGTEYze7c&t=3773

Luvnest not only turned the mg, he even activated incendiary rounds.

He turned the MG after forcing the retreat on the engies, and faced is so that it would shoot in either of the directions that it would get attacked. There is nothing suspicious about this, you're just grasping at straws.
11 Mar 2021, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 01:12 AMGiaA
I don't have an opinion and I don't really care but a few things:

Is it just me or are some of the clips just not suspicious at all? Like the countersnipe in the middle of Faymo vs Devm? I also feel like there's a bit of a confirmation bias going on. Sometimes unlikely shit happens, if you look for it you'll find it.

Also for context, here's brosras accusing (?) barton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPKRu92slWQ (nvm, its a joke)

On a lot of the clips, I don't understand the game well enough to conclude map hacking or good sense of the game. I can understand why Sander93 voted the way he did.

On the other hand, the Brumbarr shot on the cloaked ATG's was pretty convincing. I'm sure that a player as good as Seeking is also good enough to not make it obvious, and he probably messed up by not noticing that the ATG's were cloaked.
11 Mar 2021, 02:55 AM

but the atg did fired at the brumbar earlier. he just got a lucky shot at the max possible range of attack ground at the most likely location and got lucky with rng splash?
11 Mar 2021, 02:57 AM
Donator 11

I do not think the clips are very strong.

The volksgrenadier sandbag clip vs. pathfinders: it is normal to be looking at your volks when they are building sandbags when it is early game and you are in the frontline. Hitting the stop button as soon as you see a Pathfinder is very normal. Tactical map users can also do this rather quickly as we saw in tournaments with Luvnest repositioning MGs with quick reaction time.

The sniper clip (6:15): moving away your sniper from unknown territory where you might be countersniped is normal. He had no support infantry covering his flank so it makes sense to move his sniper westward. He knew his opponent had a sniper and is reasonable to be cautious.

The brumbar clip (4:30) is the only suspicious video, and only the first shot on AT guns. The second shot on the other hand had an uncloaked AT gun nearby
11 Mar 2021, 04:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 03:22 AMKyle

Sorry, I do not want to provide those file name, I still have them in my computer to check if it's working with the COH1 Live version and yes, it is still working.

I don't use or know about the COH2 cheat works though but from our previous COH2 maphack cases and follow cheater camera, we think it should work the same way as COH1 (Not sure about implent way)

P/S: Funny thing is because I mostly play Elefant doctrine and use Riegel mine (Which is 3 sticks that is hard to see), we have cases of maphacker just go straight on them because they couldn't see it (More like they are so use to see circle or square mines)

Again, sorry for Bad Englando

What do you mean by "we have cases of maphackers stepping into your Riegels"?
Are you accusing people cheat just because they stepped into your Riegels unawared?
By the way I just failed to understand if there is maphack, there is follow camera system in replay, how can you NOT spotting a maphacker?
11 Mar 2021, 04:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 04:06 AMPorygon

What do you mean by "we have cases of maphackers stepping into your Riegels"?
Are you accusing people cheat just because they stepped into your Riegels unawared?

No, what I'm trying to say is there was a case of a novice maphacker that got so used to see enemy mines in the square or circle size that he was able to perfectly dogde all of my OKW teammate but because the riegels mine was so rare and hard to spot so he didn't see it => he stepped on it.

It was funny because we know from the first 3 mins he was hacking so the whole game was playing in a way to bait enemy into exposed themself (And yes, we send it to Sturmpanther and he got banned)

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 04:06 AMPorygon

By the way I just failed to understand if there is maphack, there is follow camera system in replay, how can you NOT spotting a maphacker?

Because there are noob and there are veteran maphacker:

1) we have case of idiot that just straight zoom into our sniper, tell their mortar to drop right onto MG that haven't fire and hide inside fog of war v.v.v => We call them dumbass maphacker and these type of cases are very easy to report

2) We have case of veteran maphacker knowing that there's a follow camera button in replay so they play with advanced information and hide it pretty well. (Example: like in our current case of, he ceased fire right when my counter sniper come out, he always keep sniper out of counter-sniper range but he was an idiot because he look for unit through FOW and they way he keep trying to "accidently" flush out my sniper was weird)

Again, sorry for bad Englando
11 Mar 2021, 04:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 04:16 AMKyle

No, what I'm trying to say is there was a case of a novice maphacker that got so used to see enemy mines in the square or circle size that he was able to perfectly dogde all of my OKW teammate but because the riegels mine was so rare and hard to spot so he didn't see it => he stepped on it.

It was funny because we know from the first 3 mins he was hacking so the whole game was playing in a way to bait enemy into exposed themself (And yes, we send it to Sturmpanther and he got banned)

Because there are noob and there are veteran maphacker:

1) we have case of idiot that just straight zoom into our sniper, tell their mortar to drop right onto MG that haven't fire and hide inside fog of war v.v.v => We call them dumbass maphacker and these type of cases are very easy to report

2) We have case of veteran maphacker knowing that there's a follow camera button in replay so they play with advanced information and hide it pretty well. (Example: like in our current case of, he ceased fire right when my counter sniper come out, he always keep sniper out of counter-sniper range but he was an idiot because he look for unit through FOW and it was weird)

I see, but there is an argument such a high level player, maphacking is actually giving much more information in the screen and if he tried to hide it, it taking much more effort doing so, then the maphack becomes a distraction.
11 Mar 2021, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 04:31 AMPorygon

I see, but there is an argument such a high level player, maphacking is actually giving much more information in the screen and if he tried to hide it, it taking much more effort doing so, then the maphack becomes a distraction.

Well true, it's up to the hacker how to use the information, in my case the veteran maphacker will NOT fire when my sniper is in range => always stay out of range => try to flush counter sniper in an idiot way => making us suspicious => play to bait him to exposed himself => saved replay => watch replay => write down timeline => report to Sturmpanther => wait for verdict => usually ban

11 Mar 2021, 06:02 AM

Seeking is subscribed to CheatCommands mod probably. Kappa
Anyway a pro maphacker would use only tactical map. Slow CPM and good "game sense" is probably ,because of this.
11 Mar 2021, 06:56 AM

The camera view in the clips, usually looking directly at units in FoW, is indeed rather convincing, the JCS ambushing the sniper is a good example imo.
11 Mar 2021, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 01:12 AMGiaA
Is it just me or are some of the clips just not suspicious at all? Like the countersnipe in the middle of Faymo vs Devm? I also feel like there's a bit of a confirmation bias going on. Sometimes unlikely shit happens, if you look for it you'll find it

In essence I agree with this. Many clips are circumstantial or can be attributed to good and lucky guess work. On AoD he fires the Brummbar into a chokepoint that is the only spot ATGs can position themselves in order to fire on the fuel area. That could just be a calculated guess shot. Directly hitting the ATG can be sheer luck. In other games good players learn standard positions and blind fire too.

However some clips are very suspicious like the Brummbar trying to attack the UKF ATGs in the FOW in the middle of a field (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgd_BxcO8q0) or the one where he (both assuming he is playing as Deadbolt) chases a fresh (?) ATG to the corner of the map (https://youtu.be/X5HG5gH5psg) without having spotted it.

So a lot of things could be explained away by good game sense and lucky guessing or gambling. Many other top players do this too. What I found suspicious however is the frequency of these situations: multiple lucky guesses in one game where other top players might have them 1 in every 5 games or whatever. Otherwise we would see these kind of plays in nearly every tournament match.

Though personally I didn't find the evidence convincing enough to safely conclude he was cheating with all the consequences that that would have. I understand the opinion of the others though.
11 Mar 2021, 09:07 AM

For me the only clip really obviously sticking out is the Brummbär atck.ground on concealed ATGs. While looking very suspect, one should put context to it. I would be interested in the entire match. See if there are repetitive patterns and thus if it justfies doing an attack ground right there.

In the end I trust the verdict of the admins.
11 Mar 2021, 11:18 AM

I bet my left kidney that this guy ain't the only one cheating on top levels of COH2. You'd have to be naive to think he is the sole cheater. To even play video games for a living, there has to be something wrong with you, so I seriously doubt that he's the only cheater.
11 Mar 2021, 11:33 AM

I bet my left kidney that this guy ain't the only one cheating on top levels of COH2. You'd have to be naive to think he is the sole cheater. To even play video games for a living, there has to be something wrong with you, so I seriously doubt that he's the only cheater.

Of course, there have already been many incidents when the champions of esportsmen by Call of Duty or PUBG were cheaters. It is possible that there is something similar in CoH.
11 Mar 2021, 11:35 AM

To even play video games for a living, there has to be something wrong with you, so I seriously doubt that he's the only cheater.

Tbh, gaming nowadays becomes more and more popular and you can make actual living out of by becoming competitive or entertaining enough. Its as valid and sometimes as demanding as regular sports.

Cheaters however existed always and everywhere where competition and high rewards are in question.
There were confirmed cheaters in all of e-sports, maybe with sole exception of fighting games.

Whatever the final outcome will be, this is certainly some quality drama that'll invoke polarising feelings and create apologists and accusers alike.
11 Mar 2021, 11:40 AM

Not sure what this is supposed to even mean. Seeking doesn't play COH2 for a living and even if he did there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong with you to be so judgmental?
11 Mar 2021, 11:49 AM

I do not think the clips are very strong.

The volksgrenadier sandbag clip vs. pathfinders: it is normal to be looking at your volks when they are building sandbags when it is early game and you are in the frontline. Hitting the stop button as soon as you see a Pathfinder is very normal. Tactical map users can also do this rather quickly as we saw in tournaments with Luvnest repositioning MGs with quick reaction time.

Look closer. The sandbags cancelled a split second before they saw the Pathfinders. This is caught well on the clip from Brosras account.

And even if we pretend he did see them: how can you react in 0.1 seconds ingame when coh2 servers have more input delay than that and when humans also have a reaction time?

11 Mar 2021, 12:06 PM

Look closer. The sandbags cancelled a split second before they saw the Pathfinders. This is caught well on the clip from Brosras account.

And even if we pretend he did see them: how can you react in 0.1 seconds ingame when coh2 servers have more input delay than that and when humans also have a reaction time?

Agree with this. It's not possible to stop building that fast in-game. If you hit S or whatever hotkey you are using once you see the enemy approaching your own unit takes quite some time to actually stop and get going due to animation and ping. In this clip it definitely looks like he stopped before actually having the unit appear out of FOW.
PAGES (23)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS