russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
10 Mar 2021, 23:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 23:36 PMSyraw

I have clips of luvnest doing even much more on spot MG turns than that. specially in game where he played vs Jesulin as USF.

You guys are just seeing things you want to see.

Here is the Luvnest example https://youtu.be/-LwgKnwtqtI?list=PL5Gq-kPFBcWF8NW9r1HtxeSKSGTEYze7c&t=3773

Luvnest not only turned the mg, he even activated incendiary rounds.

There is literally nothing suspicious about this clip? He poked his head around the corner with the rifles then moved back again. Even if Luvnest didn't notice that, it's the opponents cutoff and that was the only direction infantry squads could be coming from.
10 Mar 2021, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 23:45 PMTobis

There is literally nothing suspicious about this clip? He poked his head around the corner with the rifles then moved back again. Even if Luvnest didn't notice that, it's the opponents cutoff and that was the only direction infantry squads could be coming from.

and since for seeking there are 2 direction instead of 1, it makes it cheating? weird.
10 Mar 2021, 23:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

First of all, it's not some random players who deemed him "guilty".
19 players, Sander been the only one who said very suspicious. The rest are:

Sturmpanther
AE
DevM
Luvnest
Isildur
Noggano
Ashablois
PFC
Brosras
Artavick
Aerafield
Ipkaifung
Tightrope
RepoRogue
Stormless
Currahee
Kpen97
T.R. Olvadi

Second, you need to understand ingame latency and ping. This is not CS:GO with high hz/quality servers. You can't react with 0.1s of seeing something happening. Not even if you lived right besides the servers (somewhere in USA, last guess was NY).

The clips. Let's go 1 by 1:

Playlist:
Assumption that Deadbolt = Seeking

1- AT gun in corner of map.
Fishy but passable.

2- Checking IS behind cover dead center through FOW.
His whole army is on left side of map. REALLY FISHY.

3- 2x AT gun + 222 against AEC.
Inconclusive. Poor example. Need more context. AEC was starting to repair but they were already going towards that position.

4- Checking 2x AT gun on FOW.
Same as example 2, fishy.

5-Checking enemy army through FOW before Flares are used. Suspicious but passable.

6-Trying to attack ground AT guns through FOW.
SUS AS FUCK. Check the Brummbar gun.

7-Attacking AT guns with Brummbar.
Inconclusive.

8-2x AT gun against KV8 and T70.
Unreliable. You can argue if someone changes from doing A + Move or just moving.

9-Checking FOW and pulling back the PV which is repairing the moment 2x AT gun are coming to the front.
SUS.

10-PV with main gun destroy and Katyusha.
Inconclusive.

11-PV against KV8
Inconclusive

Individual clips, now with Seeking account.

1- AssG sprinting before vision.
Sus but kinda unreliable.

2- Seeking vs Nogano
First mins inconclusive.
The AssG sprinting is sus but unreliable.
The MG packing up before the 3rd squad (1st CE, 2nd Frontal Cons) shows up is FISHY. Cause he doesn't have info of that push coming (minimap capture territory doesn't show up) and he had 1/2 squads already going to cover that side.
Overall nothing conclusive.

Further clips later/future.
11 Mar 2021, 00:23 AM

In other words, Relic's Anti-maphack system failed to detect this cheat.
Correct?
11 Mar 2021, 00:32 AM

What do you think of the example in the Google Doc between the live & the replay?

I did not review the videos closely. And even if I did, it is only one example and the player may have been having good ping when it happened.

But the first place I stopped I got this. Since I am just pausing the YouTube, it is not conclusive. But a data point. 11:35 in the FOW is moved and the AT gun is visible. The pathfinders are also moved a few meters (not visible). Note the units in the north are in the correct positions and the two by the haystacks were moving.

NOTE: I am not judging either way. I just want to point out "I personally do not trust what I see in game". And that removes many of the complaints. Not all.
11 Mar 2021, 00:39 AM

Does anyone know how the map hack works?

For example the match on Wolfheze where seeking drove his t70 into a sniper mid-north.

If Seeking was hacking he would have killed the sniper. He did not.

If the map hack works globally his t70 would have auto targeted the sniper. It did not.

If the map hack only shows units on the tac map that would explain the t70 not attacking.
11 Mar 2021, 00:51 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 00:39 AMRosbone

For example the match on Wolfheze where seeking drove his t70 into a sniper mid-north.

If the map hack works globally his t70 would have auto targeted the sniper. It did not.

If the map hack only shows units on the tac map that would explain the t70 not attacking.

What may be the case is, that Seeking chose to ignore it to not look to suspicious but then again this is heavy guessing
11 Mar 2021, 00:51 AM

Please do not out suspected people's name on the forums until 100% certain of hacking.
Incase the accusation is wrong, that person has lost all credability forever.
Pip
11 Mar 2021, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 00:32 AMRosbone

I did not review the videos closely. And even if I did, it is only one example and the player may have been having good ping when it happened.

But the first place I stopped I got this. Since I am just pausing the YouTube, it is not conclusive. But a data point. 11:35 in the FOW is moved and the AT gun is visible. The pathfinders are also moved a few meters (not visible). Note the units in the north are in the correct positions and the two by the haystacks were moving.

NOTE: I am not judging either way. I just want to point out "I personally do not trust what I see in game". And that removes many of the complaints. Not all.

There seems to be something wrong in your screenshots, in one Isildur is on 44/100 pop, and there are three men in the central Gren squad.

In the other, he's on 45/100 pop, and the Gren squad has four members.

EDIT: In this particular example I'd have to guess the upper screenshot is fractionally ahead of the lower one.
11 Mar 2021, 01:12 AM

I don't have an opinion and I don't really care but a few things:

Is it just me or are some of the clips just not suspicious at all? Like the countersnipe in the middle of Faymo vs Devm? I also feel like there's a bit of a confirmation bias going on. Sometimes unlikely shit happens, if you look for it you'll find it.

Also for context, here's brosras accusing (?) barton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPKRu92slWQ (nvm, its a joke)

11 Mar 2021, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 00:52 AMPip

There seems to be something wrong in your screenshots, in one Isildur is on 44/100 pop, and there are three men in the central Gren squad.

In the other, he's on 45/100 pop, and the Gren squad has four members.

EDIT: In this particular example I'd have to guess the upper screenshot is fractionally ahead of the lower one.

And the 4 man is upgraded with G43? But the 3 man team is not?

The 4th model gets dropped within the 11:35 time so the pop cap is correct and the FOW is closer to correct after the model drop.

But the models are not in the same exact position and the G3 upgrade is missing.

EDIT: The gun transfers as the model dies and is not visible for a time. So all looks pretty good as far as sync.

11 Mar 2021, 01:18 AM

Please change thread title, announcement mentions alleged map hacking, not proven map hacking, colors the discussion.

11 Mar 2021, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 01:12 AMGiaA

Is it just me or are some of the clips just not suspicious at all?

What you think here makes sense of course. Some of the 40+ clips are much weaker than others, there is no doubt about it.

However it was the total amount of evidence that was crucial here in this case. 4-6 extremely damning and suspicious clips on top of almost 40 more clips that range from "tiny tiny bit fishy" to "very suspicious"

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 01:12 AMGiaA

Also for context, here's brosras accusing (?) barton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPKRu92slWQ

did you watch the whole video? This clip is meant as a joke, because Barton calls him maphacker at the end
11 Mar 2021, 01:36 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Please change thread title, announcement mentions alleged map hacking, not proven map hacking, colors the discussion.

Please do not out suspected people's name on the forums until 100% certain of hacking.
Incase the accusation is wrong, that person has lost all credability forever.

Amended title.
11 Mar 2021, 01:37 AM

These two frames are a little closer in time. The FOW is still moving.

- The units seem to be not moving.
- The G43 icon is missing in both as it transfers.
- The FOW is moved.

It is important to note that the FOW may NOT be calculated every frame, but once every 100mS or something. Needs reviewed. So you may see FOW differences just due to calc sequences not being synced.
11 Mar 2021, 02:04 AM

What you think here makes sense of course. Some of the 40+ clips are much weaker than others, there is no doubt about it.

However it was the total amount of evidence that was crucial here in this case. 4-6 extremely damning and suspicious clips on top of almost 40 more clips that range from "tiny tiny bit fishy" to "very suspicious"

did you watch the whole video? This clip is meant as a joke, because Barton calls him maphacker at the end

Ah, I see that explains it. Nvm then.

I get that the culmination of evidence is relevant. I would just exclude some clips that aren't suspicious at all. (Like a standard countersnipe)
11 Mar 2021, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 01:37 AMRosbone
These two frames are a little closer in time. The FOW is still moving.

yet again in the other frame, the gren is a little bit further to the right.

And as mentioned previously, even if there is like ~0.1 seconds out-of-sync in FoW in a replay (which is not proven):

In some of the clips it must have still been impossible to react so extremely fast considering there is at least 0.5 seconds server delay in CoH2
11 Mar 2021, 02:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 00:39 AMRosbone

From my previous 3 cheaters caught case in COH2 (That has been confirmed by Sturmpanther and ban Relic), usually this maphack will show enemy in the fog of war and cloak unit like snipers or mines.

But it only provide sight for cheater and doesn't affect the game mechanic like making the T70 auto targeted cloak unit.

I'm a sniper player (Junior level I guess?) so I know how to counter and hide my sniper well, usually we caught maphacker because they tried to do stupid shit to flush out our counter-sniper.

P/S: Even now, the COH1 2.601 live version is also infest with maphacker because it just works (Simply paste the hackfile into coh1 folder and then play the game)

Sorry for bad English
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight