Login

russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
11 Mar 2021, 17:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A_E said they double checked the ML replays with the live casts and found no difference in the fog of war. I'll take that over Rosbone arbitrarily declaring how consistent fog of war is off the top of his head.

As for the gif Rosbone posted, it seems like something else is going on. 1 frame is not enough to explain about 4m of extra LoS gained in the 2nd clip. There's something else involved.

I mean technically it could have something to do with the spectator mode, since spectating the game is not 100% real time. But yes, that would be cutting a lot of slack and I hope AE does/did the right tests.

A_E is dropping a video tomorrow that disproves the delay theory and differences in fog of war.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing it.
11 Mar 2021, 18:14 PM

Looked at it, and yeah...probably. I can't say 100%, not the least of which why is I'm simply not skilled enough to say, "Well he *could've* predicted that, maybe." As stated in other posts, that Brummbar shot was really hinky for me. Made me go O.o.

I've played a few games competitively. Specifically, Counter-Strike, from 1.6 to GO and I've finally managed the abusive relationship with Counter-Strike and stopped playing altogether. And the cancer that game gave me recedes every day.

The nice thing about COH2, is that there are so few people playing compared to other games, cheating, isn't quite as rampant. Lots of cheaters get their rocks off ruining a large number of players game in a short amount of time.

And Counter-Strike, more so than ever, especially after the game became F2P, cheating is rampant. On the elite levels of play, there have been players caught match-fixing, glitching, using aim assist, have having their coaches 'ghost' the match.

Not to mention the more lower levels of play where players outright throw games to get a lower rank, smurf to easily kill less skilled players, use all kinds of cheats to include aim assist, map hacking, spinbotting, etc. etc.

To give you an idea of how rampant it is, several third party servers have made good money by having a much better intrusive cheat-system than VAC.

Personally, if a player is found cheating, especially on an elite level, they should be made an example of. When money is on the line, you don't get the "Honest mistake" bullshit of an excuse. They should at least get a lengthy suspension, and at the most, permanently banned from tournament play. You have to maintain the integrity of the game; no different than athletics.

And so you know, I hit my prime in Counter-Strike Source, played in CAL. Even scrimmed against Olaf. Found out in short order there was no future in me being a pro gamer, lol.
11 Mar 2021, 18:51 PM

I bet my left kidney that this guy ain't the only one cheating on top levels of COH2. You'd have to be naive to think he is the sole cheater. To even play video games for a living, there has to be something wrong with you, so I seriously doubt that he's the only cheater.

This logic is absurd. It's definitely possible that there are other cheaters but your reasoning here is nonsense

People who play for a living have more eyes on their gameplay than anyone else... It's harder for them to get away with cheating...

Also saying that there's something wrong with them in a post on a video game discussion forum is pretty ironic
11 Mar 2021, 19:26 PM

So can anybody explain how Seeking defending himself ?
11 Mar 2021, 19:36 PM

Tbh here, I've watched more of the videos (because I have nothing to do, duh), and really it feels like Asha and Brosras are just witch hunting. They are nitpicking EVERYTHING and this whole document is made in such way to put Seeking in a bad light.

Out of ALL clips, there are only few really fishy ones, while other clips are just Brosras having a butthurt and recording litteraly everything.
Some of the clips are just complete BS, which even noob like me can explain.

Like this. And its not a "random clip" is in a "original 15 cases". Like ffs, he is looking in FOW to aim his stuka. I myself usually do the same, looking into fow even before stuka arrives to think about how and where I should shoot it.

All of this makes an "anouncement" to have a solf-public witchhunting and shaming context. Almost all of the clips are from the same pre-made, who is obviously witchhunting and giving objectively retarded clips, bunched up with fishy ones.

So here is my questions:
1) Why "witchhunt clips" are not sorted out from really fishy ones.
2) Why not a single of judges gave an explanation and reasoning why he is cheater. Not in the forum or discord but in the document. Creating the feeling that all of the clips are considered "proving" ones, which is again obviously not true.
3) Why even AE is bringing up clips which are BS and litterary makes a mistakes in his video multiple times (like saying AT guns never shot a brumbar while even in clip it was shot twise).

Thing is I dont even know who Seeking is, but all this representation and "public drama" is creating feeling that, you just need to have more community members call him a cheater.

And considering they will see their favorite streamer\player call him a cheater in a document, they will say that Seeking is a cheater. Or they are 4 digit players, who will also call him a cheater because they wont even understand that 90% of the "evidence" is complete shit.

This leaves me with a final question. With all this lack of professional aproach and explanations, not from the suspect but from the accusers, why this is even given in a such way to an upreparaed public? Did you want just ban him or you want to create a drama for your own liking.

It just triggers me, that instead of prepering normal and noob-friendly article, all the top figures did just has thrown and upprepared accusing document into the public. All this could have been done more professionally and quite, but I think main goal was to make as loud as possible.
11 Mar 2021, 19:59 PM

About some glitching that I've met before.
My friend once have game texture error on 4vs4 mode. in that game his building texture are all pink and transparent and at my friend side he can see unit in building(buggy with non animation. but known as infantry for sure) even they're in FOW.

11 Mar 2021, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 19:59 PMvgfgff
About some glitching that I've met before.
My friend once have game texture error on 4vs4 mode. in that game his building texture are all pink and transparent and at my friend side he can see unit in building(buggy with non animation. but known as infantry for sure) even they're in FOW.

It is a known bug; not sure about the fow though.
11 Mar 2021, 20:18 PM

It is a known bug; not sure about the fow though.

Yes it is.
In old version of game have some bug that if we ordered unit to enter some building that in FOW and that building have enemy inside. It will show red highlight. But in my case it difference It rendered whole building in map with pink texture and which one that have unit inside will difference.
11 Mar 2021, 20:25 PM

can you explain this shot?
T70 is in FOW but his AT shoot to T70 with curved projectiles that cause by normal attack not ground attack .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCfe8aslYDw

https://imgur.com/cD4oS2w
11 Mar 2021, 20:29 PM

The Brummbar pin-pointing the cloaked AT gun is the most compelling clip. But it raises this question:

Why would you risk outing yourself in such an obvious way against Brosras and Ashablois? Players that you know will understand what's happening.
11 Mar 2021, 20:30 PM

Don't know if he's cheating but after being taunt by Kimbo after playing them because they won while they were "maybe" cheating during that game gives it another flavor.
11 Mar 2021, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 20:25 PMvgfgff

T70 is in FOW but his AT shoot to T70 with curved projectiles that cause by normal attack not ground attack .

That's a good point - I have never, in 10+ years of CoH, seen that trajectory on an Attack Ground.
11 Mar 2021, 20:45 PM

I dont need to explain it, because I'm not protecting him. He might aswell be a cheater, because cheats do exist and more ofter then not, top players do have private cheats and any private good private cheat requres tuning in anti-cheat meatod. Thats why VAC is being updated weekly in CS:GO.

My point is, instead of throwing community into a pile of garbage, authors of all this should have looked how other companies and anti-cheat companies work when they ban someone. In other words, prepare and verify all the documents, double check it and then give a final verdict without backing off. Well in our case, normal explanation is also would have been nice with reasoning and excact clips which gave this conclusion.

Right now all this drama shows how unprofessional all this situation is and I distrust accuser side more in this case.
11 Mar 2021, 20:51 PM

I dont need to explain it, because I'm not protecting him. He might aswell be a cheater, because cheats do exist and more ofter then not, top players do have private cheats and any private good private cheat requres tuning in anti-cheat meatod. Thats why VAC is being updated weekly in CS:GO.

My point is, instead of throwing community into a pile of garbage, authors of all this should have looked how other companies and anti-cheat companies work when they ban someone. In other words, prepare and verify all the documents, double check it and then give a final verdict without backing off. Well in our case, normal explanation is also would have been nice with reasoning and excact clips which gave this conclusion.

Right now all this drama shows how unprofessional all this situation is.

To me this "unprofessional" argument is just side show apologetics. It reeks of someone getting caught cheating on their partner and then being berated because you went through your phone.

I'll be 100% honest, I have been extremely, extremely hard on balance team and those like AE who are more or less the unofficial guardians of the game now that lelic are AFK. I prefer almost every caster to AE and think he's quite cringe a lot.

HOWEVER, in this scenario, AE did not cowboy this shit himself. He gathered many, many clips, not just one sus 5 seconds moment. He talked to many, many people who are highly respected in this community and people with some institutional knowledge of how the coding works in the game, I repeat, he did not cowboy this shit himself.

Furthermore, where are you expecting the """professionalism""" to come from? Relic doesnt manage this shit anymore, its all community driven and the community aint really professionals as much as we throw that word around.

All in all, this is seriously one of the best and more thorough cheating accusations I've seen in a game community that DOESNT come from the developers. Shit on AE for his cringe on camera, not for going above and beyond to make sure he WASNT unprofessional.
11 Mar 2021, 21:00 PM

He takes an initial lucky shot through the FOW (nothing abnormal here, you can hear the T70 through FOW and taking attack ground shots is completely normal for the 1st...you see this all day on twitch streams of players attack grounding through that hedge). The lucky shot connects, now people seem to think the 2nd shot is very suspicious but it is not, when you hit something in the FOW through lucky attack grounds, the item you hit is momentarily revealed through the FOW (you can hear the *donk* of the round hitting). https://imgur.com/a/jFJKFlQ FOW enabled, but the T70 is revealed.

I don't know what the picture of the "curved" shot is supposed to imply...are you saying he has some sort of aim hack?
11 Mar 2021, 21:07 PM

Furthermore, where are you expecting the """professionalism""" to come from? ... Shit on AE for his cringe on camera, not for going above and beyond to make sure he WASNT unprofessional.

From the fact that some top players, said somewhere something. And instead of proper reasoning, we got a list of known names and a bunch of shitshow clips (not all of them, but most of them), which 90% of the ppl wont even watch. They will rather watch AE short video, in which even he made hell of a lot mistakes himself, and maybe some % of them will watch the clips from a perspective "Oh well this guy is indeed a cheater, because some1 said so".
I'm not shitting on AE, but this is just a HUGE mistake from his part. And one of the sole reason why even some ppl are defending and trying to find reason for why he is a cheater or not.

For me personally, if Seeking cant prove that his "replay vision bug" exists, then he is a cheater. Other then that, all of this is un-professional and unprepared BS drama.

Hell, this thread is appered even before Seeking made an explanation video. Prove that he is lieing about vision bug, and boom, this is enouth to officially call him cheater. Because is he is not, he wouldnt have lied.

Point is, maybe behind scene in private talks there was a proper reasoning behind all of this. Sad part is public is only looking at pile of shit now. This is why its unprofessional.

And even more, because of the BSitines of the majority of clips, now ppl will look themselfs for cheaters, reporting and claiming because they dont know how game is played.
11 Mar 2021, 21:09 PM
Donator 11

Literally 44 people viewing this thread. Do people love drama this much?
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS