Login

russian armor

New penal ptrs feels a bit much

8 Mar 2021, 16:02 PM

Not really.
They still perform lowest out of all compared to your regular 2 of any other AT infantry weapons.

Also, its anti armor unit, tanks are not exactly supposed to be the ones dealing with them.

I agree with Katitof. The PTRS is fine and is much worse compared to all other infantry AT options. People are just so used to steam rolling Soviet infantry that any form of competency hurts their feelings.
8 Mar 2021, 17:54 PM

I agree with Katitof. The PTRS is fine and is much worse compared to all other infantry AT options. People are just so used to steam rolling Soviet infantry that any form of competency hurts their feelings.

Yeah such as the maxim supressing massed inf and on time, or when the t34 76 got its hull mg buffed. It just takes time.
Pip
8 Mar 2021, 19:04 PM

It has a different use, geared far more heavily to fighting Lights than mediums and Heavies (Though I'm not really sure why).

As I've said before, I think the Guards implementation of PTRS is far better than the Penals one. Guards supplement the lower damage/alpha strike power of their PTRS (relative to other factions' handheld AT) with strong utility abilites (Button), and of course their AI performance.

Penals are being pushed in a direction of trying to force their PTRS to compete with Zooks, Shrecks, and PIATs in terms of "brute force", which doesn't overly suit the weapon's design. I think trying to design an interesting utility ability for PTRS Penals would have been better than just giving them another rifle.

Either that, or give them lend-leased Zooks instead of their PTRS, if you want them to more closely parallel other factions' AT squads.

I still wish Guards were Nondoc and Penals had some other role than trying to be an AT squad, but this is extremely unlikely to happen.
8 Mar 2021, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 19:04 PMPip

I still wish Guards were Nondoc and Penals had some other role than trying to be an AT squad, but this is extremely unlikely to happen.

I was always wishing soviet T1 had and upgrade simular to AEC\Bof chosing between guards or shocks making them stock, and T3 requiring both T1 and T2, so T1 would be a part of your tech always.

Sadly never gonna happen.
Pip
8 Mar 2021, 21:31 PM

I was always wishing soviet T1 had and upgrade simular to AEC\Bof chosing between guards or shocks making them stock, and T3 requiring both T1 and T2, so T1 would be a part of your tech always.

Sadly never gonna happen.

Me too, honestly. A rework like that would be really nice for Soviet, but it isnt likely to happen, as it would be a MASSIVE undertaking.
9 Mar 2021, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 21:31 PMPip

Me too, honestly. A rework like that would be really nice for Soviet, but it isnt likely to happen, as it would be a MASSIVE undertaking.

Not really a massive undertaking. Maybe like 5-10 minutes in the mod tools. The real issue is that almost every commander has Guards or Shocks and deciding what to do with those commanders as a replacement.
9 Mar 2021, 13:53 PM

If I remember correctly that part of Relic original design.

Having soviet commander divided to Shock armies/NKVD armies/Guards Armies with Shock/Penal/Guards being build from T1 accordingly.

I guess it could be done as an upgrade from T1 and replace the commander abilities with something else.

One option would be that these squads start with mosin a new commander ability called "small arm training" would allow the unit to upgrade to PPSH/SVT/PTRS
9 Mar 2021, 16:20 PM

It's 2015 again.

1st, why are you showing a 6 year old clip like its relevant to todays CoH2 and thinking it means anything?

2nd, this clip isnt even special at all. try a-moving any five squads in front of an mg and 99% of the time they will kill it through sheer fire concentration. Not only that but elchino already gave you the relevant information about how this was mostly due to mechanics on the weapon teams namely target size of the weapon and the fact that back then all models targeted the gunner first.

to me, complaining about ptrs is a l2p issue, just like someone complaining about shreks. Theyre handheld AT and it does its job as it should. Use more combined arms pushes and screen for your vehicles, its a basic mechanic of this game.
Pip
9 Mar 2021, 16:58 PM

Not really a massive undertaking. Maybe like 5-10 minutes in the mod tools. The real issue is that almost every commander has Guards or Shocks and deciding what to do with those commanders as a replacement.

That's why its a massive undertaking. Simply changing their tech to be linear, and adding guards/shocks nondoctrinally is easy.

Doing this while ensuring the resultant faction is balanced, and reworking all the guard/shock commanders makes it hard.
9 Mar 2021, 17:55 PM

Personally I always felt that Penal Battalion should be call in and Guards/Shock should be the main line infantry. Thematically it doesn't make sense to have Penals as mainline.
9 Mar 2021, 20:03 PM

Thematically it doesn't make sense to have Penals as mainline.

That's why conscripts are
9 Mar 2021, 20:58 PM

1st, why are you showing a 6 year old clip like its relevant to todays CoH2 and thinking it means anything?

That was last time he played the game.
Time stopped for him during that period.
9 Mar 2021, 22:57 PM

That was last time he played the game.
Time stopped for him during that period.

coincidentally that's the last time you played too.
11 Mar 2021, 04:09 AM

Don't worry, you can't watch them without owning the game anyway.

That's a poor deflection, where are your replays?

-Prepare for radio silence
11 Mar 2021, 04:10 AM

Personally I always felt that Penal Battalion should be call in and Guards/Shock should be the main line infantry. Thematically it doesn't make sense to have Penals as mainline.

Same even if they changed the units in name only, I'd be happy.
11 Mar 2021, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 04:09 AMNaOCl

That's a poor deflection, where are your replays?

-Prepare for radio silence

If you click on someones profile, you can see 2 links - 1 to post history, 1 to replay history.

#themoreyouknow
12 Mar 2021, 18:18 PM

When i play soviet i feeel like im cheating, its just that ez.
Soviet has no weakness.
12 Mar 2021, 18:53 PM

Soviet has no weakness.

Then play soviets. Otherwise get a big dose of copium and stop the bullshitting with the axis bias.
12 Mar 2021, 22:04 PM

The thing is soviet is in a good spot rn with the conscript utility/ptrs buff and axis nerfs
12 Mar 2021, 23:38 PM

Soviet has no weakness.

Wait until you leave placement games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight