Login

russian armor

Winter Patch Buglist 2021

PAGES (8)down
Pip
8 Mar 2021, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 08:30 AMMMX

ah, so the 64 bit update didn't kill the infamous 'vilshanka bug' unfortunately :(

this ui bug has been around for some time and used to occur quite frequently on vilshanka (hence the moniker), but is sadly not limited to this map alone. usually you can regain control by clicking on or entering/exiting an ambient building, but even this won't work 100% of the time. plus, once you run out of empty garrisons that usually means tough luck.
sometimes wildly cycling through your units and giving random orders before switching back to the bugged one can also solve the issue at least temporarily, but afaik there's no universal fix.

iirc it has something to do with how the maps were ported into the game on relic's side, so there's likely not too much mapmakers can do to prevent it from happening, either.

Does it /only/ happen on imported maps?

Perhaps a solution (Though it would be time-consuming) would be just to remake the maps from scratch in Worldbuilder? There has to be SOMETHING linking the maps this bug is found on...
8 Mar 2021, 23:47 PM

Not sure if counts as a bug, but this was in patchnotes:

Hold Fire

The following change was to address the issue of vehicles revealing themselves with their secondary weapons against both land and ground targets. Secondary weapons will not auto-engage unless hold-fire is de-activated. The only exceptions to this rule are the Brummbar and Dozer which excel in attack-ground micro. Their MGs will still target infantry that are within range when hold-fire is active.

Now applies to all weapons on a vehicle
Brummbar and Dozer Pintle MGs will still target infantry on hold-fire; they will not auto-target aircraft.

The m15a1 AA halftrack still fires its .50 cals when hold fire is toggled on. Maybe more of an oversight than bug? Seems like it would be an easy fix
MMX
9 Mar 2021, 02:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2021, 21:35 PMPip

Does it /only/ happen on imported maps?

Perhaps a solution (Though it would be time-consuming) would be just to remake the maps from scratch in Worldbuilder? There has to be SOMETHING linking the maps this bug is found on...

i don't know if there's even a consensus on what precisely causes the bug, but i remember there was a thread a long while ago where different potential solutions were discussed. and simply opening a corrupted map in the worldbuilder, then saving and recompiling it apparently fixed it. not sure if this has ever gone anywhere, but it might be worth a try to recompile any affected map to see if the bug persists.

EDIT: found the old thread with more info on the bug.
9 Mar 2021, 18:47 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Archive Viewer

For info:
  • Launch Company of Heroes 2 Tools and select Tools -> Archive Viewer;
  • In Archive Viewer, select File -> Open and select "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Archives\UIHigh.sga";
  • Right-click "UIHigh.sga" in the Archive Viewer's treeview and select "Extract".
  • Then I have this error:

I have even so data\ui\assets\textures folder with 50 items.

-----------------

GCFScape

If I use instead GCFScape, I have this errors:

Code
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Archives\UIHigh.sga loaded.
Extracting to C:\Users\Mithiriath\Desktop...
Error writing C:\Users\Mithiriath\Desktop\data\ui\assets\textures\placeholder (Error: Deflate Error: Z_DATA_ERROR.)
Error writing C:\Users\Mithiriath\Desktop\data\ui\assets\textures\t14948t14940t1549.tmp (Error: Deflate Error: Z_DATA_ERROR.)
Error writing C:\Users\Mithiriath\Desktop\data\ui\assets\textures\t20740t25008t1518.tmp (Error: Deflate Error: Z_DATA_ERROR.)
Error writing C:\Users\Mithiriath\Desktop\data\ui\bin\placeholder (Error: Deflate Error: Z_DATA_ERROR.)
Done.

I have this time data\ui\bin folder (3 items) in addition to data\ui\assets\textures folder.

So if you want to use COH2 UI Asset Browser use GCFScape to extract UIHigh.sga file.
12 Mar 2021, 19:34 PM

My game consistently crashes when:
1. I complete at least one match (doesn't happen before the first game);
2. I come back into the lobby immediately after the game;
3. I hover over the army icon on the player panel (the one used to change armies).
4. Bugsplat screen.

Happens 100% of the time so far. Please let me know if there is any other data I could provide.
13 Mar 2021, 06:56 AM

Found a bug. OST Smoke Bombs were supposed to be moved to CP2 to match OKW but they still are CP4 contrary to patch notes.
17 Mar 2021, 18:34 PM

The Jagdpanzer IV's default vehicle priority does not seem to work and in general this new feature seems to be prone to random glitches with other units as well.

In hindsight, I think it was a good idea but it can't be implemented properly, especially considering the confusing UI issues.
17 Mar 2021, 23:25 PM

Stormtroopers given MP 40's and G43 only get 3 G43, but permanently lose their single MP 40 if any squad member dies and is reinforced.
18 Mar 2021, 06:40 AM

Stormtroopers given MP 40's and G43 only get 3 G43, but permanently lose their single MP 40 if any squad member dies and is reinforced.

They always had 3 G43s since their major rework. Losing the mp40 is actually a good thing imo, G43 storms are meant to be used at longer ranges in general.
18 Mar 2021, 08:21 AM

They always had 3 G43s since their major rework. Losing the mp40 is actually a good thing imo, G43 storms are meant to be used at longer ranges in general.

Yes but if I didn't want them to have the MP 40 I wouldn't have given it to them. The Stormtrooper MP 40 does insane damage matched only by the Paratrooper Thompson, but their Kar's are only Grenadier versions. If they had Ober Kar98's then it would be better, but I'll take the super MP 40 that does higher damage than the Kar all the way to mid-range.
18 Mar 2021, 09:32 AM

Yes but if I didn't want them to have the MP 40 I wouldn't have given it to them. The Stormtrooper MP 40 does insane damage matched only by the Paratrooper Thompson, but their Kar's are only Grenadier versions. If they had Ober Kar98's then it would be better, but I'll take the super MP 40 that does higher damage than the Kar all the way to mid-range.

I still don't think it's a bug, rather a balance question. Open a separate thread about it if we want to discuss it any further.
Personally I would only put G43s on storms if I wanted a frontline utility unit (smokes nades), othwerise I just keep the MP40s for the high dps on surprise attacks. G43s on panzergrens is generally a better choice imo.
Pip
18 Mar 2021, 15:20 PM

I still don't think it's a bug, rather a balance question. Open a separate thread about it if we want to discuss it any further.
Personally I would only put G43s on storms if I wanted a frontline utility unit (smokes nades), othwerise I just keep the MP40s for the high dps on surprise attacks. G43s on panzergrens is generally a better choice imo.

I mean, it's clearly a bug. The squad was upgraded with one weapon upgrade (to MP40s), retains one MP40 if then upgraded to G43s, and then "loses" it if a model subsequently dies.

Whether or not you might consider having K98s to be "Better" than MP40s for whatever purpose isnt really the question, it's whether a squad's loadout should change if a model is killed and then reinforced (Excepting weapon drops, of course), and I think the answer to that would clearly be "no".

Either have the G43 upgrade give the fourth squad member a K98 when they're upgraded, or don't have the MP40 be "lost" when a model dies. The currently situation isnt intuitive at all.
18 Mar 2021, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2021, 15:20 PMPip

I mean, it's clearly a bug. The squad was upgraded with one weapon upgrade (to MP40s), retains one MP40 if then upgraded to G43s, and then "loses" it if a model subsequently dies.

Whether or not you might consider having K98s to be "Better" than MP40s for whatever purpose isnt really the question, it's whether a squad's loadout should change if a model is killed and then reinforced (Excepting weapon drops, of course), and I think the answer to that would clearly be "no".

Either have the G43 upgrade give the fourth squad member a K98 when they're upgraded, or don't have the MP40 be "lost" when a model dies. The currently situation isnt intuitive at all.

Hmm, good point, I stand corrected. It can be indeed considered a bug.

This however brings up a similar issue and I'm not sure if it can be adressed or not: some squads (typically officers) feature multiple weapons (like a pistol and several rifles, carbines or smgs) and when they pick up dropped weapons it is random which model carries it. Now optimally it should replace the pistol wielded by the officer model, but many times that's not the case, I wonder if priorities could be given in this situation.
Pip
18 Mar 2021, 17:00 PM

Hmm, good point, I stand corrected. It can be indeed considered a bug.

This however brings up a similar issue and I'm not sure if it can be adressed or not: some squads (typically officers) feature multiple weapons (like a pistol and several rifles, carbines or smgs) and when they pick up dropped weapons it is random which model carries it. Now optimally it should replace the pistol wielded by the officer model, but many times that's not the case, I wonder if priorities could be given in this situation.

I definitely agree with that, It would be nice if the "worst" weapon were always replaced with an upgrade, rather than it being on a first-come first-serve basis. Weapons like the LT. and CPT. Thompsons should also never be replaced with a weapon pickup as long as there are models in the squad with Garands, and should immediately be switched out for Thompsons when the squad is reinforced again.

Is there functionality for weapons changing hands in a squad like that?
19 Mar 2021, 07:37 AM

I couldn't get decrewed team weapons using Sturm officer
19 Mar 2021, 11:45 AM

try having some of his bodyguards around^^
19 Mar 2021, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2021, 11:45 AMBaba
try having some of his bodyguards around^^

They were around as I remember, I will rewatch the replay to make sure of that.
19 Mar 2021, 14:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2021, 14:03 PMOlfin

I think there was an issue with the aura transferring to the weapon team if the officer model picked it up back when the officer had an aura.
I think the officer can't pick up team weapons.
MMX
19 Mar 2021, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2021, 14:03 PMOlfin

iirc that's a known issue and applies to other "commander" units as well (e.g. the commissar). if i had to take a guess i'd say this has something to do with the auras these units (used to) have and how they could transfer to the recrewed weapon.

EDIT: nvm, what hannibal said basically.
20 Mar 2021, 00:09 AM

Thanks for the reply guys, It is very sad that their is unfixable bugs in the game and the only way to fix them is by removing them entirely.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 73

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment