Login

russian armor

Upcoming Comander Update - Wishes

PAGES (15)down
12 Mar 2021, 06:22 AM

TBH, it was always dumb that the Soviets in game are the only faction without nondoctrinal SMGs. The Red Army was famous for its widespread adoption of automatic weaponry, and they have none on their stock units.

Personally, I feel like Penals or conscripts should have had PPSHs available as an upgrade stock, but since that isn't possible, I think the conscript PPSH package should be changed into a new call-in squad (call them Avtomatchiki), and have them available at 1 CP. They can keep OORAH and molotovs to make them different than shocks, and have the combined arms ability similar to panzergrens. They would not have AT grenades though. Since they would be hard countered by vehicles, they can then be buffed to be better at the AI job (and price increased accordingly).

Not sure if this would count as a "new" unit, since they would just be conscript models with smgs. If done, this would give us another unit to help make Soviet doctrines more unique.

I'd suggest the new squad can use these models:

12 Mar 2021, 10:52 AM

My wish for Wehrmacht Luftwaffe commanders:
Please give one of the commanders a Fallschirmjaeger unit. The Wehrmacht version was never used by Relic but has already it's own unit icon.
Wehrmacht does not need an other ambush unit because of Stormtroopers that's why I would prefer a true Fallschirm elite inf unit like the US Airbornes at 3 CP.
12 Mar 2021, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2021, 10:52 AMSmartie
My wish for Wehrmacht Luftwaffe commanders:
Please give one of the commanders a Fallschirmjaeger unit. The Wehrmacht version was never used by Relic but has already it's own unit icon.
Wehrmacht does not need an other ambush unit because of Stormtroopers that's why I would prefer a true Fallschirm elite inf unit like the US Airbornes at 3 CP.

12 Mar 2021, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2021, 11:05 AMKatitof

It would be no straight unit swapping, the mod team could design wehr falls completely independently off OKW Falls. No ambush, no FG42.
12 Mar 2021, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2021, 11:45 AMSmartie

It would be no straight unit swapping, the mod team could design wehr falls completely independently off OKW Falls. No ambush, no FG42.

So... no falls, which falls under

Think of swapping abilities or tuning existing ones.
12 Mar 2021, 12:54 PM

Where are my coh1 luftwaffe pioneers? Sadge
19 Mar 2021, 17:27 PM

I'll comment only for USF since it's the faction I best know (aside from OKW but I play OKW only casually without the stress)

Heavy Cavalry:
Pershing armour buff or veterancy rework. The veterancy nade toss is completely useless. Either remove it and return the -50% reload on vet 3 or buff armour and remove nade veterancy.

Combined arms: Buff cost and nerf active buffs
Rangers: Reduce pop to 9

Rifle company:
Bundle flares and sprint and increase CP to 5 or 6. Maybe add mortar halftrack to the company? (or would that be too much?)

Recon company:
Rework grayhound to some sort of light AT vehicle (there was a thread long ago about the Grey and some good ideas were thrown there). Right now, next to airdropped pak howi and paras; pathfinders, there really is no point in going greyhound. It's not 5CP worth of only AI power.
19 Mar 2021, 20:18 PM

I'll comment only for USF since it's the faction I best know (aside from OKW but I play OKW only casually without the stress)

Heavy Cavalry:
Pershing armour buff or veterancy rework. The veterancy nade toss is completely useless. Either remove it and return the -50% reload on vet 3 or buff armour and remove nade veterancy.

Combined arms: Buff cost and nerf active buffs
Rangers: Reduce pop to 9

Rifle company:
Bundle flares and sprint and increase CP to 5 or 6. Maybe add mortar halftrack to the company? (or would that be too much?)

Recon company:
Rework grayhound to some sort of light AT vehicle (there was a thread long ago about the Grey and some good ideas were thrown there). Right now, next to airdropped pak howi and paras; pathfinders, there really is no point in going greyhound. It's not 5CP worth of only AI power.

How about combining Sprint with thompson upgrade and calling it CQC training. Allows the commander to focus on rifleman and utility. This would be a regular upgrade so that the calvary rifleman stay unique to it's commander.
22 Mar 2021, 11:22 AM

Can sturmpios pls get a kar98 upgrade in any commander. Im fucking begging you i fucking hate this worthless 30 mp meme unit :(
22 Mar 2021, 15:05 PM

Since the OP mentions "increase the amount of viable/competitive commanders by buffing underperforming units/abilities or by replacing units/abilities" as goals
I would suggest looking into

Panzerfusiliers. My opinion is that they don't work as the intended mainline replacement for 4 reasons
>The concept of trading early game power per late game scalability was devised in a vacuum. The extra late game efficiency is simply not worth the weaker opening
>As a long range unit with recon capabilities, it overlaps heavily with JLI, and in general most of the OKW units except sturms doctrinal options are long range oriented units
>Obersoldaten are more viable than ever anyway
>None of their utility except previously mentioned recon options are in any way exclusive or special
They effectively are a 270 MP 100 MUNI 5 men Double Shreck squad
If anything, I would design Pfussies to be completely devoid of munition upgrades and SUFFER in late game scalability but be comparatively more expensive to field and reinforce and more powerful than Volksgrenadiers.
Pip
22 Mar 2021, 17:14 PM

>As a long range unit with recon capabilities, it overlaps heavily with JLI, and in general most of the OKW units except sturms doctrinal options are long range oriented units

One thing to mention: Despite the tooltips, Panzerfusiliers are actually not a "long range" squad, they have the same preferred range as upgraded Volksgrenadiers, which is short/short-medium range. The G-43 is such a confusing weapon in this game, and the version that Fusiliers get is fairly shit at long range, and instead acts as you might expect the Sturmgewehr to.
23 Mar 2021, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2021, 17:14 PMPip

One thing to mention: Despite the tooltips, Panzerfusiliers are actually not a "long range" squad, they have the same preferred range as upgraded Volksgrenadiers, which is short/short-medium range. The G-43 is such a confusing weapon in this game, and the version that Fusiliers get is fairly shit at long range, and instead acts as you might expect the Sturmgewehr to.

I see what you mean, I noticed the same. This is why I think that the upgrade is totally unnecessary: as the models of weapons are limited, we now have the same guns performing wildly different in the hands of different unit. It would be actually much more suitable for mainline replacement if they didn't need munitions to upgrade but costed more and were better, like providing a doctrinal T1 soviet equivalent to the OKW. If they REALLY need handheld at one could further look into Penals and give them a 4 german PTRS upgrade that lowers their AI potency for decent AT potency. I find it an interesting solution because it conflicts with the design of OKW as faction with highly specialized set of units to create a more soviet-ish/usf-ish doctrinal unit
23 Mar 2021, 07:41 AM

Make more new commanders
Rework non-meta commanders
Adding one more tier to DLC factions(original factions have 4, but dlc factions have only 3)
23 Mar 2021, 08:25 AM

How about combining Sprint with thompson upgrade and calling it CQC training. Allows the commander to focus on rifleman and utility. This would be a regular upgrade so that the calvary rifleman stay unique to it's commander.

Im afraid Rm with sprint and thompson will simply become better cavrm with same weaponry of 2x thompson and more utilities.
23 Mar 2021, 08:28 AM

My think On rifle coy:
- bundle Re rifle nade with Rm flare in to 1 slot.
- Replace fire up with cover to cover.
- Do something with E8.
23 Mar 2021, 08:32 AM

If anything, a new, limited to 1, "company sharpshooter squad" with scope garand and an anti sniper ability will be nice in rifle coy.
The concept is somewhat like the jarger command squad.

Little chance to happen, i know.
24 Mar 2021, 01:16 AM

Where are my coh1 luftwaffe pioneers? Sadge
in the German Infantry doctrine behind 30 munis.
24 Mar 2021, 05:47 AM

Make artillery less spammy. In 4v4 games it such a MASSIVE artillery spam where my screen doesnt stop shaking for minutes on end. The sole reason i quit playing 4v4 games. I know its a killer but holy cow ....
24 Mar 2021, 06:32 AM

Just to push this discussion into the most productive way, here are a few guidelines for suggestions:
- no new units;
- no unit swapping between factions;
- changes should be as minimal as possible;
- new abilities are possible, but nothing crazy (think about mostly copying existing abilities);
- no total reworks of commanders, but multiple ability swaps or replacements per commander are possible if needed.

Broad goals:
- tone down meta commanders;
- increase the amount of viable/competitive commanders by buffing underperforming units/abilities or by replacing units/abilities;
- increase diversity for Ostheer and Soviet commanders in terms of viability and theme because of the relatively high amount of overlap for commanders in those factions.

These are quite contradictory statements, how can commanders be made more diverse if they have to use the same pool of units as before?
24 Mar 2021, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

These are quite contradictory statements, how can commanders be made more diverse if they have to use the same pool of units as before?

You can swap abilities for ones that currently only appear in one commander or are in general rarely used.
You can create new combinations of abilities.

And also he mentions viability explicitly. Many commanders are very unique but not used due to being too weak. Bringing them up to the standard means that OST's viable commander diversity increases.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS